AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-18, 19:41   Link #21
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarBhaD
Interesting. I'll look into that (I'd never try it if it wasn't for an advice like this ).

I asked for solutions, not your opinion. :fingers:
Oh, and more options can be a bad thing. Why do you think there's people who prefers Winamp v2 instead of v3??? More options means more space in hdd and more resources wasted = less performance.

If anyone cares, I finally tried ffdshow and the file now plays correctly, but I still think this is quite annoying: why a different filter works better than the one the creators of the codec made?? Who is at fault: programmers or encoders??

And the overlay control doesn't work correctly (and yes, I enabled the "overlay mixer" option). The quality seems okay, though. (I wonder which version tried last time... )
Well, another addition to my already big list of essential filters, just what I needed :P
lol did you even check out Lamer_de post. If you go to Triads website they are three ways you can fix this problem. I only recomended going with ffdshow alpha cuz it virtually plays just about all anime subbs. I'm glad to hear you finally fixed your problem.
Old 2004-01-18, 20:07   Link #22
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarBhaD
I asked for solutions, not your opinion. :fingers:
Your opinion is uninformed.

Quote:
Oh, and more options can be a bad thing. Why do you think there's people who prefers Winamp v2 instead of v3???
Why do you think people prefer Winamp 5 to Winamp 2? Because it gives you the option to work minimally like 2 or use the advanced iTunes-like features of 3 (only no longer broken).

Quote:
More options means more space in hdd and more resources wasted = less performance.
Yeah, all those options bloating up ffdshow so much that it takes up nearly and entire megabyte of HD space! The Horror!

Quote:
If anyone cares, I finally tried ffdshow and the file now plays correctly
There you go

Quote:
, but I still think this is quite annoying: why a different filter works better than the one the creators of the codec made?? Who is at fault: programmers or encoders??
You could consider the XviD programmers to be at fault, perhaps, but they never claimed to provide the best decoder anyway. Theirs is a proof of concept at best. As for Triad, oh no, they're using the latest encoder version to produce the best quality at the smallest file size! How dare they!

Quote:
And the overlay control doesn't work correctly (and yes, I enabled the "overlay mixer" option).
Overlay should be handled by your media player.

Quote:
The quality seems okay, though. (I wonder which version tried last time... )
You do realize that the ffmpeg crew make the highest quality and most efficient (least computer power required) decoders around, right? That's the entire purpose of the ffmpeg project. It's the same decoding engine that has been used in MPlayer on Linux for years.

Quote:
Well, another addition to my already big list of essential filters, just what I needed :P
Except ffmpeg decodes a whole bunch of formats, so it actually *lessens* the amount of filters you need.

Seriously, ffdshow + Media Player Classic (with it's built-in filters) can decode nearly everything, all under 2MB worth of downloads.
Old 2004-01-18, 20:26   Link #23
Apath

Well, I'm not too critical with anime. As long as it entertains me and has atleast a tiny bit of a plot, I'll watch it. So far I like it. Obviously it's not going to be much of a memorable series, but it's impossible for every series to be ground breaking.

I had the codec problem as well, but everyone was fine when I transfered it to an older computer to play.
I for one am going to stick with it; it's not a long one, after all. Not every series has to be great to be watchable.
Old 2004-01-18, 20:54   Link #24
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

The first episode really bored me, I just barely got through it. Good thing it was only a 12min episode. I'll watch the next 2 or 3 episodes before I decide to ditch it or continue, an to think this came from the makers of Steel Angel Kurumi one of my favorite ecchi all time animes. I realize its only the first episode but the characters just don't seem all too interesting. Uninteresting characters or plot/story = boring for me. I do have hope in the plot though lets just see how it turns out in the upcoming episodes.
Old 2004-01-19, 21:07   Link #25
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
After seeing the blonde in the promo, show seems a bit like G-On Riders.

well after watching ep 1 i would say its somewhat similar to G on Riders, only its sillier becuase its takes itself rather seriously (i mean serious characters+battling cosplayers+semi-rampent fanservice= ). On the plus side, the battle animation is quite nice, so ill stick around for that alone,
Old 2004-01-24, 23:31   Link #26
Kite
Needs More Cowbell

Which groups version is best to get?
Old 2004-01-25, 01:36   Link #27
Tellu54
Banned

I have to say I'm very proud of the work I've done with Ai-Ls to get CosPrayers out. I can recommend it wholeheartedly ^_^
Old 2004-01-25, 01:43   Link #28
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
what's with the laser out of crotch?
Old 2004-01-25, 02:21   Link #29
Tellu54
Banned

The who-in-the-what-now?
Old 2004-02-01, 01:25   Link #30
chamelean75

Cosmopolitan Prayers

So what do you guys think of Cosmopolitan Prayers? It seems kinda like a Sailormoon kinda thing. I can't really tell so far. I've only seen the first episode and I'm currently downloading the second one.
Old 2004-02-01, 02:15   Link #31
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Hello there, this series is currently being discussed here. Please post your comments there. Thank you.

thread closed.
Old 2004-02-01, 15:45   Link #32
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Well I just finished watching episode two of "Cosprayers", as Triad seems to call it, and I was shocked - SHOCKED - at how terrible it was.

Nevertheless, I'm going to finish watching the series... even though the second episode was just... TERRIBLE.
Old 2004-02-01, 18:24   Link #33
Tellu54
Banned

Yeah... honestly the series itself isn't very good. However, it's REALLY short, so we can all sub it, watch it, and forget it existed!

:P

Right?
Old 2004-02-01, 18:37   Link #34
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Quote:
Nevertheless, I'm going to finish watching the series... even though the second episode was just... TERRIBLE.
Why waste your time? You could be checking out an underappreciated show like Uninhabited Planet Survive or Gokusen instead?
Old 2004-02-01, 23:13   Link #35
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid|J
Why waste your time? You could be checking out an underappreciated show like Uninhabited Planet Survive or Gokusen instead?
I run an anime review site. If I can review Sister Princess Repure and ONE, I'll review this one too.
Old 2004-02-02, 02:30   Link #36
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

You, my friend, are a braver person than I.
Old 2004-02-02, 17:09   Link #37
Tellu54
Banned

I like translating short. It makes me feel productive while freeing up time for other things like sleep and homework.

BTW, I seriously don't think the CosPrayers audience is all that large compared to that for Gokusen and Survive. :P I think it's <3000, and I've got a feeling most of those are collectors, and that that number will drop even further as the series goes on and people see that no, it's not going to get better.
Old 2004-02-04, 21:10   Link #38
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Woooooooot! Cosprayers episode 3 has been released! Let's see how far I can watch before I spontaneously combust.

By the way, I hear that these past episodes are NOTHING compared to how bad episode 4 is.
Old 2004-02-04, 21:16   Link #39
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Cosprayers 4 is horrible. It just is, it's something that would give anyone seizures. I'm surprised I didn't have one. At least the horrible horrible scenes didn't last for too long.
Old 2004-02-04, 21:53   Link #40
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Well, I just finished watching episode 3 of Cosprayers and I came to the realization that I should do posts similar to my musings posts for Ultra Maniac. We'll see how it goes! If you don't want to see any spoilers, then you need to SKIP my post as it WILL contain spoilers. Consider yourself warned!

Today's Rating:

1) In this episode, we delve deeper into Scarlet's life as we see some of her memories with Crus. We also find out that Priscilla is invulnerable.

2) A couple of things don't quite add up in Priscilla's battle. Was Priscilla actually in danger when she was hanging in the giant hole? If she wasn't in trouble, why in Inusuke come to save her? If she wasn't in trouble, why couldn't the monster thing just do the attack a second time and kill her off?

3) Who or WHAT is Crus? Was he a Cosprayer was well? If he was a cosprayer, did he wear the male equivalent of what the girls wear before they transform? Would that be a speedo?

4) Why doesn't Koto just SAY that she found the Charm Up watch thingy on the ground?

5) If someone has to be "chosen" to become a Cosprayer, how come Koto was able to just pick up the watch and become one?

6) WHOSE funky Charm Up watch thingy was that anyway? If the person that the watch belonged to was chosen, how come he/she disappeared with everybody else on the earth?

7) Why the F%#$ are all of the monsters just different parts of the human anatomy? So far we have:

Giant Arm
Giant Nose
Giant Ear
Giant Fingers
Giant Eyeball

What's next? I just hope it's not a giant you-know-what!

8) Whatever happened to Koto calling Scarlet "Mistress"?
Closed Thread