AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-18, 10:12   Link #101
Kurai~

Great Teacher Onizuka

GTO was the first manga I had ever read. And it is still my favorite. No manga has ever made me laugh or become depressed like this one. I have never felt attached to characters as much as I have to those in GTO. In my opinion, it is the best manga ever created (with Berserk a close second, of course).

And recently, Tohru Fujisawa has announced that he is working on GTO once again. I am estatic.

Last edited by Kurai~; 2009-06-18 at 10:23.
Old 2009-06-18, 16:54   Link #102
Fettucine
Inactive Member

Chapter 2 DDL
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?metoyno1ynx
Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3925320...7619855175309/

Last edited by Fettucine; 2009-06-18 at 17:06.
Old 2009-06-19, 11:56   Link #103
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Thanks for the links ^^

Ahah Onizuka is always great as ever ^^ They don't know who is he !! They gotta have their ass kicked !!! XD
Page 3 was hilarious XD
Ahah PS3 and Resident evil 5 !
Hope that there'll be a lot of chapters
Old 2009-06-19, 14:07   Link #104
Kurai~

Oh man, just read those. Thanks for the links. Friggin' hilarious.
Old 2009-06-19, 16:32   Link #105
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Onizuka is just too epic, although he´s still lagging behind Harima Kenji from SR ;/
Old 2009-06-19, 21:07   Link #106
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Onizuka is just too epic, although he´s still lagging behind Harima Kenji from SR ;/
I have to say Onizuka is the greater character. Love for teaching > love for an airhead. And at least GTO had a coherent ending
Old 2009-06-20, 01:02   Link #107
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
LMAO. Harima isn't even half the man that Onizuka is. If he was, SRZ wouldn't be dead in the water right now
Old 2009-06-20, 13:42   Link #108
AnimeFangirl

Does anybody even read School Rumble any more? I quit after 100 chapters and lol'ed when I heard about the ending.
Old 2009-06-20, 15:49   Link #109
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol don't compare Harima with Onizuka .
In my opinion , Harima is very far to become like him and i don't know if a day he will (but i already know that its impossible because the manga is finish and the end was crap XD )
Old 2009-06-20, 19:16   Link #110
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
LMAO. Harima isn't even half the man that Onizuka is. If he was, SRZ wouldn't be dead in the water right now
i´m not saying he´s stronger or more manly, i just mean he´s more EPIC in general. The things he did, how he did them, it was simply pure epic in every way xd.

Onizuka is just a synonym for GAR on this matter.
Old 2009-06-21, 22:44   Link #111
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
i´m not saying he´s stronger or more manly, i just mean he´s more EPIC in general.
Even in that regard Onizuka trumps him. Onizuka arm wrestled 99 guys in a row and won, whereas Harima was just a spectator

I could name a whole laundry list of epic things Onizuka has done, but in the end, he wins out simply because he was able to carry two series just on his character alone. Nobody tuned in to SR just for Harima, they wanted to see him get with Eri. SRZ's early termination was proof of that.
Old 2009-06-22, 04:23   Link #112
AnimeFangirl

Correction, they wanted to see him get with Yakumo.

Onizuka's an interesting character, but hmm... If I were one of the kids and some adult just barged into my life: "I'm going to open your heart, just wait and see!" I'd be pissed off too. I want to see how much realistic progress he can make in just 14 days.
Old 2009-06-22, 15:37   Link #113
Sinta

I don't think that was the case with School Rumble. I'm pretty sure that the most popular pairing was Hairma and Eri, Yakumo and Harima was second in that race. At least thats every poll I've ever seen.

I would a agree Onizuka is a better character; but so are his supporting cast. I think thats part of the reason that he's so great.
Old 2009-06-22, 18:16   Link #114
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Even in that regard Onizuka trumps him. Onizuka arm wrestled 99 guys in a row and won, whereas Harima was just a spectator

I could name a whole laundry list of epic things Onizuka has done, but in the end, he wins out simply because he was able to carry two series just on his character alone. Nobody tuned in to SR just for Harima, they wanted to see him get with Eri. SRZ's early termination was proof of that.
I only watched/read SR for Harima though, he was the only awesome thing :///

And Urumi´s right besides Onizuka in the spotlight, atleast in my eyes

A brief comparison : While Onizuka had to actually study and work hard to get there (eventually not needed, but he would have made it anyway) Harima simply wrote his wish on a piece of paper and hanged it out on a pole.

Your argument doesn´t really counterfit what i say, it´s just enhancing the fact that Onizuka is GAR as hell, armwrestling 100 ppl in a row is more GAR than EPIC i believe.
Old 2009-06-23, 04:42   Link #115
noktown

How's it called ?Because typing GTO the sequel,doesn't find anything new in google...

Edit ***

Nvm,GTO: Shonan 14 Days

It's good to see Onizuka again,but i hope that we'll have a couple of chapters from their present life and not just from that time ;o

And why the hell did they change Urumi's age to 14 ??She was 16 <_<,did the mangaka forget the ages he's given to his characters,6 years difference(between Onizuka and Urumi ) is nothing they could still get married (My dad is 7 yrs older than my mom ;o).

Last edited by noktown; 2009-06-23 at 05:54.
Old 2009-06-23, 06:14   Link #116
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Read Onizuka's story when he was young . It's hilarious XD and in my opinion more funny than Harima . Well , even the current story its hilarious .
I don't see a default on GTO .
Old 2009-06-23, 06:25   Link #117
noktown

Yeah I've read the young GTO lol,i think the mangaka after taking a break should've just continued the series,instead of coming up with Kamen Teacher.

I'm sure there is no end for Onizuka's troubles,I'd seriously just read the manga for it's comedy and dailfy life (the mangaka never focused on peacefull days,just the troubles one after another).
Old 2009-06-23, 20:51   Link #118
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
How's it called ?Because typing GTO the sequel,doesn't find anything new in google...

Edit ***

Nvm,GTO: Shonan 14 Days

It's good to see Onizuka again,but i hope that we'll have a couple of chapters from their present life and not just from that time ;o

And why the hell did they change Urumi's age to 14 ??She was 16 <_<,did the mangaka forget the ages he's given to his characters,6 years difference(between Onizuka and Urumi ) is nothing they could still get married (My dad is 7 yrs older than my mom ;o).
Yea, that's what make me wonder too. The translation version of old GTO state that most of his students were 16 years old, which is why I thought they were high school students. I don't know if it's mistranslation or deliberately done to avoid minimum age law or something, but the original manga definitely states Urumi to be 14 years in this one.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:50   Link #119
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
And why the hell did they change Urumi's age to 14 ??She was 16 <_<,did the mangaka forget the ages he's given to his characters.
He didn't forget anything. Urumi is 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The translation version of old GTO state that most of his students were 16 years old... deliberately done to avoid minimum age law
That was the reason. In the original they're all middle schoolers.
Old 2009-06-24, 01:57   Link #120
Fettucine
Inactive Member

Chapter 3 DDL
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yftoiz2mbmw

Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3925320...7620435345756/
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shonen