AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-31, 08:45   Link #641
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
If you are talking about the R1 DVD release, then I think you are confused.

According to AoD (and on-line stores), Vol 1 and 2 both are 100 minutes (so 4 episodes per DVD) and there are a total of 7 DVDs. This looks pretty much standard, 26 eps on 7 DVDs, 5 with 4 eps each and 2 with 3 eps)
http://www.archonia.com/index.php?pa...icle&aid=29231

Quote:
Samurai Champloo vol 01 DVD with artbox
<.... >
Approximate running time: 50 minutes.
It could be a mistake on their website, but I was confused by it.

EDIT : Ah, I checked a few other sites too, seems like it's a mistake Good, now I can go ahead and order it

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-12-31 at 15:35.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 21:15   Link #642
Sweetchinmusic

Hi, when i watched this i watched the subtitled versions. Is it true there is now a dubbing one out? i saw 3 eps of it at some Manga Convention i went to, but can you purchase the dubbed version ones?
If so from were please?

Thanks.

Also sorrry a bit off topic, but is there any news on the game that was coming out for it?
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 06:42   Link #643
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
Hi, when i watched this i watched the subtitled versions. Is it true there is now a dubbing one out? i saw 3 eps of it at some Manga Convention i went to, but can you purchase the dubbed version ones?
If so from were please?
Over 99% of anime DVDs released in the U.S. have English subtitles and an English dub track. So if you want to purchase a dubbed version it's very easy. The last volume is being released at the end of the month so all the episodes will be available by then.

Have a read of the The "Where do I buy..." Thread for some suggestions for on-line shops. I would recommend DVDPacific, here is a link to Samurai Champloo.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 10:45   Link #644
scorpio516

And if your in the states, its really easy to see the dub cause its on cartoon network...
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 20:16   Link #645
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
i tried watching it on there but i couldnt..........i had already seen it in japanese and i was turned off.........and so was my TV.....dont get me wrong i like it....
Ok...... so..... your......... point is? dot dot dot dot dot

And to HBK err sweetchinmusic, heres link to a preview or review or whatever it is of the ps2 game:
http://gameinfowire.com/game.asp?gid=1719
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 13:11   Link #646
Sweetchinmusic

wow, there selling it on umd disc as well lol. when it has volumes, how many episodes in one volume?
Thanks for the game link by the way.
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 01:29   Link #647
Fel
Clean up princess

GANTZ must have been a big influence on Watanabe, judging from the baseball episode.

Spoiler:

Too bad they felt it was necessary to redub the English lines of the sailors on the R1,
but at least they kept the Japanese subtitles.
Old 2006-02-18, 03:01   Link #648
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This is one series I really like for its action and for its underlying themes. Shinichiro Watanabe surely can make a kick-ass anime series.

Of note also is the soundtrack. With MINMI songs like Shiki no Uta and especially Who's Theme ... this show is almost perfect. I particularly like Who's Theme. I must have played it about 300+ times already. It's just so good ... and it's a song for Fuu.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 09:36   Link #649
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

WOW, ive heard so much about this series, and i was a bit late to start it.
Ive just finshed it and amazing, the style and cool modern feeling it had was awesome, i wanna get a sword and just walk around the streets with a pair of metal plated sandals =D.
The ending was a bit....., but i really liked it and the music was awesome, the OP'ings . ED'ings and the BGM was perfectly suited for those moments.
The fight scenes where awesome with 2 very different fighting styles from Mugen and Jin

I really, really enjoyed this anime, i wish it lasted longer. This has to be one of those defining animes for me.
I give this series a 10/10, i cant get over how much i enjoyed this!
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 20:35   Link #650
stretch87
Anime Addict

I watched this series so long ago and it's still in my top five. for all you mugen fans out there, try watching Beck. Beck is nothing like SC, but it does have one thing in common. one of the main characters, chiba, looks and acts a lot like mugen. he also really reminds me of him because chiba's got a hiphop style and does martial arts.
stretch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 05:56   Link #651
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^hehe...Chiba does kinda favor him and in a band I'd imagine Mugen would rap and play the same role^^...

@ JanthraX^ - Champloo is indeed an awesome series and it isn't a bad thing to think this could be a defining series for you...S. Watanabe who also is responsible for Cowboy Bebop has a knack for creating imaginative new genre types...My experience watching it for the first time like over a year ago was much the same...I'd kill to have Watanabe make a "Knocking on Heaven's Door" type of motion picture for Champloo though...
Old 2006-04-21, 12:56   Link #652
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

@wingdarkness,
lol didnt realise it was a Watanabe, when u said that i wasnt suprised it does seem like something he made,

also i bought a carbon steel Wakizashi sword =D, cant find one like Mugen's tho i wiki'd it and apparently its a Indian Shamshir with the hilt being similar to a sai.
I dont think i will walk around the streets with it tho, i got a nice stand for it.

Also im just wondering if any 1 has an explaination for the mushroom episode, with the zombies digging for treasure.
Im guessing that the mushrooms they ate at the start had some hallucinogenic properties, and it was all some sort of tripping out dream =D

Last edited by JanthraX^; 2006-04-21 at 13:19.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 13:22   Link #653
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's a parallel to a Cowboy Bebop episode where they dealt with the same thing ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 11:24   Link #654
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Does anyone know what the song is from Episode 11 near the end where Jin helps Kohana-san get away? The jazzy mix is what I'm referring to and if it can be found on the soundtrack, which would it be? I couldn't find it on the one I purchased from CDJapan.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 19:10   Link #655
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

i love this! watched it in japanese subtitled in english... so much the better... one of the best shows there is... at first i thought it's all stand alone episodes... but it all leads to fuu's dad and it also tells a lot about edo and meiji japan ---all mixed up though but still informative...
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 05:03   Link #656
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGoNe
Does anyone know what the song is from Episode 11 near the end where Jin helps Kohana-san get away? The jazzy mix is what I'm referring to and if it can be found on the soundtrack, which would it be? I couldn't find it on the one I purchased from CDJapan.
there's so much music in champloo this seems to happen a lot

i went through my whole champloo box set (6cds) and came up empty handed

i listened to that song in that ep and could not find it on the cd

there are songs that are similar, but that particular jazz mix i could not find

you should try searching champloo fan sites... someone might have a complete music listing
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 20:08   Link #657
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
there's so much music in champloo this seems to happen a lot

i went through my whole champloo box set (6cds) and came up empty handed

i listened to that song in that ep and could not find it on the cd

there are songs that are similar, but that particular jazz mix i could not find

you should try searching champloo fan sites... someone might have a complete music listing
You as well, eh? Heh. If you couldn't find it on any of your 6 CDs, it may be a hint saying its not worth my time to find it then -_-.

Know of any specifically good champloo fansites that has a good enough fanbase to deal with something as thorough as this?
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 16:24   Link #658
kauldron26
Med Student

When is Watanabe gonna direct a new anime?? guy is just a phenomenal genius...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 02:47   Link #659
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

He might be a genius, but Samurai Champloo did very poorly in the ratings, so it might be a while...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 05:57   Link #660
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Mugen would hump almost any woman, as long as he finds her attractive, but I think with your friend is probably right -- Mugen did not really regard Fuu as a "woman". Rather, he seems to have treated her like a little sister. He wasn't dumb. Somewhere along the way, he probably realised that Fuu had a crush on him, but he chose not to act upon it. Why? I think it's probably because he knew it was a harmless teenage crush. It's sweet, but it's not quite the same as romantic passion (or lust).

So the fact that he never quite acted on his lust, where Fuu is concerned, actually says something about Mugen's character. On that level, he does at least have some sense of decency.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical