AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Nanoha StrikerS character
Fate T. Harlaown 222 64.53%
Nanoha Takamachi 164 47.67%
Hayate Yagami 91 26.45%
Signum 101 29.36%
Vita 93 27.03%
Reinforce Zwei 76 22.09%
Lutecia Alpino 32 9.30%
Jail Scaglietti 18 5.23%
Erio Mondial 41 11.92%
Caro Ru Lushe 44 12.79%
Teana Lanster 85 24.71%
Subaru Nakajima 87 25.29%
Ginga Nakajima 53 15.41%
Vivio 84 24.42%
Other 46 13.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-28, 15:57   Link #21
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Subaru- Gaogaigar-tan ftw! And I just like personality and she is quite amusing, I love the part when Subaru was touching Teaana's breast to wake her up.

Other character in Strikers were meh, Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, and all the returning character were basically same as before (I like them, but they are just too static in Strikers, maybe except Fate). I like them better in A's where they go through character development, in Strikers most of them were static. Newbies were all cool, but they are not really my favorite character. Numbers, I can't like them since most had barley any line and Quattro just make me want to punch her in the face.
Old 2007-09-29, 02:15   Link #22
Bloodseeker

*votes for Fate, Tia, Subaru, Ginga, and other (for my favorite Numbers and Agito)*

Older Fate is made of hot, badass, and MILF. (though she's a little less badass than her loli counterpart)

Tia was smart in a badass kind of way, and she used dual pistols. She's my new second favorite Nanoha character behind Fate. If she and Fate aren't major characters in the next season, I'm not going to be happy.

Subaru... I probably could have done without voting for her, since I like her less than the others that got my votes, but she was cool and kinda likable.

Ginga is sexy and badass.

Wendi and Sein are cute, and Cinque is a badass and the only loli worth a damn this season. (Caro, Lutecia, and Vivio are too damn boring...) Nove, Dieci, and Tre are cool, too, and Quattro was a good villain. Sette and Deed were boring aside from being hot. Otto was epitome of a boring reverse trap. Uno was just boring. We didn't get to see much of Due. (though she earns points for killing some of most unlikable Nanoha characters to date) A few of the better Numbers need to be major combatants in season 4.

Agito is awesome. Thankfully, if the spoilers that I heard were right, she's almost definitely going to be around in season 4.

I probably should have voted Scaglietti instead of Subaru... he made the Numbers, was the head of the most antagonistic team of Nanoha villains to date, and his actions and the degree to which he succeeded made him a pretty epic villain at times. (he wasn't all that memorable personality-wise, though)

Nanoha should have gotten my vote over Subaru as well... she was much more interesting this season, what with the instructor and angry mom dynamics. (damn the DVDs for taking away her psycho look in episode 8)

Hayate could have gotten my vote over Subaru too. (I'm starting to wonder why I clicked on Subaru... she's cool, but she's not a favorite) I disliked her in As, but I dunno, I just liked her whole demeanor more in StrikerS.

Vita was more likable in StrikerS (I was indifferent to her in As), but Shamal and Zafira were just kinda there, and Signum didn't really do anything cool and pissed me off when she decked Tia. (haven't watched the last 3 episodes yet, though)

Rein is cute.

Elio's kinda cool, but he's underdeveloped.

Like I said earlier, Caro is boring. You know that you suck when having the ability to summon a big ass black dragon doesn't make you any cooler. She needs to be reduced to a minor role in season 4. (even if it means taking Elio with her) That screen time can go to cooler characters that could potentially get bumped into minor roles, like the Numbers. (or Arf... she needs to go back to being healthy and get back in the spotlight, dammit)

Lutecia is boring too.
Spoiler:

So is Vivio. Well, I doubt that she'll play a major role in the next season anyways, assuming that they don't make another 5-10 year time jump.
Old 2007-09-29, 21:47   Link #23
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

My favorite character in StrikerS would have to be Subaru. She's the "GaoGaiGar" element in StrikerS . With that with Teana both of them are great character pairs. One example is Nanoha and Fate.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-09-30, 09:23   Link #24
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I voted for Fate, 'cause like... You know she's so awesome >>, Nanoha, Teana, Subaru, Caro, and Vivio.

Should've also picked Jail just because I thought his evil laughter and stuff sounded so nice... XD
Old 2007-09-30, 14:59   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ah the good old favorite character poll. While had some issues with what was done to StrikerS in some areas having characters I liked was one solid area. So at the moment my top 5 are probably going to be Fate,Vita,Teana,Erio,and Other(for the shafted Chrono as much as anyone).

Fate pretty much stayed in my likbable area during StrikerS, while liked her exploits in the earlier series more she still stayed a favorite. Vita did the most in terms of improving my opinion of her from the previous season. That final battle where she put everything on the line was a really touching thing.

Teana was a well developed new character grew past her issues and had a great fight at the end. Erio could have been more but sadly got the shafting a bit himself. Still for all of it still liked him and the fact he managed to hang in there was something.

Ah the other category. Lots of solid characters from Chrono who I felt the worst for. They marry him off and yet it has no impact on the plot aside from getting in the way of pairing him off with someone like Carim .

Will wait a bit before making the vote. Since with these when I make a quick decision I always regret not giving a certain character a vote.
Old 2007-10-01, 01:06   Link #26
FateAnomaly

The others are likeable but Fate will always be my Top choice.
Old 2007-10-01, 01:52   Link #27
Reiya
*Artist

Teana , Subaru, Signum then Fate
Old 2007-10-01, 03:54   Link #28
rtwesen

nanoha - her grown up design is just cool! I just love the tank-y and chunky(?) barrier jacket appereance

ginga - i don't really know why, but i really really like ginga, there's something really stylish about her

fate - i really like her voice
Old 2007-10-01, 19:31   Link #29
XiaoWei
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by suppi View Post
takamachi nanoha-who doesn't vote for her?

yagami hayate-so cool

reinforce zwei-for the kawaiiness and all those desu..

Caro-Ru-Luste-pink hair girl will equal kawaiii...

Teana lanster-for being the leader*well not always...*

Subaru nakajima-her revolver is just so cool...
*takamachi nanoha-who doesn't vote for her?*

Errrm, sadly to say, Nanoha lose out on 1 vote in Saimoe Tournment. I wonder who is the last person who pick the other instead of nanoha

Anyway i do notice alot of votes for Fate as usual, but hayate is still kinda low

My Votes: Nanaha, Fate, Hayate, Caro and Vivo... annd the cute ones xD
Old 2007-10-03, 04:13   Link #30
deliciousflatchest
deliciousflatchest

Fate, Hayate, Signum, Nanoha, Ginga: deliciousflatchest, being a LOLICON is not interested in these characters!
Jail, Erio: deliciousflatchest doesn't find MOST males to be cute, so no!
Subaru, Teana: Only exceptions on the list, for lezbot and tsundere!
Small Boss, Agito, Cinque, Otto, Vivio, Caro, Lutecia: Yes, for reason mentioned above!
Old 2007-10-03, 04:35   Link #31
Mew 2

Ok Fate Testarosa Harlaown, has always been my no 1 character. I think I stay by her side also in Strikers.
But what´s this. All of a sudden I start to have some feelings for Subaru Nakajima. I don´t know what´s the matter (i really didn´t like her) but since it´s like this, I have to give her a vote to.
Old 2007-10-06, 14:25   Link #32
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

loyal fan of Hayate...

Hayate needs more fighting and less talk!
Old 2007-10-13, 05:52   Link #33
bubbleslayer
iN LoVe

My favorite are Vivo, Nanoha and Fate . hmm, if there is a 4th season hopping the focus will be on vivo..
Old 2007-10-17, 01:08   Link #34
anselfir
Style Über Alles

nanoha be as badass and overpowered as you want, nanoha. you are god
loli vivio
loli rider--makes me lol every time isee her
that pink blob
small boss

Last edited by anselfir; 2007-10-18 at 01:35.
Old 2007-10-17, 19:07   Link #35
Frankenstein's Clare
This is mah flash sword.

Signum because she's Signum (aka fanboy logic). Cool final battle but it was short and pretty much the only noteworthy thing she did all season besides punch Teana, which isn't so cool. Points for ninja-looting Agito off of Zest's still-warm corpse and unlocking a very badass additional form.

Fate because she's Fate (see above). Her final battle suffered from the same animation shortages as Signum's and wasn't nearly as cool, but Scaglietti's 'we're not so different you and I' speech, cliche as it was, got to the core of what her character is about- that earnest little clone soldier, full of doubt but trying to be the best person she can be because Nanoha showed her the light. Literally.

Subaru for providing both comedy (love the ice-cream expression) and real character development, and her so-lame-it's-cool costume and fighting style (she's like the offspring of Ryu and Nanoha, I swear). Her ep. 17 'zerk was fun but her final battle could have been better IMO. Gin drillhand is a laughable special technique, no points for beating that.

Nanoha for making the ending fun/moving. I tend to root against superpowered main characters in these kinds of shows, but Nanoha's just badass, and I thought her whole thing with Vivio in the end was about as well done as it could be for something as strange as a 20 year old magical girl/AF academy instructor fighting her daughter/clone of magical king jesus. Animation for the final battle was a lot better than for Signum and Fate too.

Runners up are Tea, who had character development and is an indispensable part of her duo with Subaru but was annoying, and Scaglietti, who played the mad scientist to the hilt, cliche amongst cliches, but whose overwrought voice and mannerisms amused me consistently. I also warmed up to Vita a lot this season. In A's Vita and Nanoha were just a sideshow to Signum and Fate IMO, but I liked her a lot in her capacity as Nanoha's XO, devoted to her commander but overbearing to her subordinates. I also thought her enforcer-style armor from her first scene was very sharp.
Old 2007-10-18, 04:54   Link #36
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein's Clare View Post
I also warmed up to Vita a lot this season. In A's Vita and Nanoha were just a sideshow to Signum and Fate IMO, but I liked her a lot in her capacity as Nanoha's XO, devoted to her commander but overbearing to her subordinates. I also thought her enforcer-style armor from her first scene was very sharp.
I don't know about liking the overbearing part, but I agree on the rest...

StrikerS Nanoha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> As Nanoha

StrikerS Vita >>>>>>>>>>>>>> As Vita

I liked Signum significantly less in StrikerS, though. She went from being a fairly close 4th favorite behind Fate, Arf, and Shamal to me liking about half of the cast (the Stars, the Aces, Ginga, Shamal, Rein, the better Numbers, Agito, Zest, and several others), more than her. Well, maybe she does something to make up for her general meh-ness/lameness in StrikerS in episodes 24-26... (I'm waiting for 26 to get subbed before I watch 24 and 25)
Old 2007-10-18, 09:42   Link #37
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Fate T.H

It is fated
Old 2007-11-08, 18:18   Link #38
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

I actually prefer the older Nanoha to the younger Nanoha as well. I love that White Devil scene in StrikerS
Old 2007-11-10, 16:03   Link #39
aldw

I've always liked Ginga, she reminds me of Chitose from Galaxy Angel in many ways.
Old 2007-11-15, 22:00   Link #40
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
I'm just wondering, the rule for no campaigning...does that include Moe-contests? Because there's one that's pitting Yuki VS Fate that's happening tomorrow, so I'm wondering if that in particular is allowed.
Closed Thread