AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-06, 00:04   Link #241
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Happy 19th Birthday to Megumi Nakajima!

Check out her birthday cake.

lol that's so cute Ranka's VA loves her so much.
Old 2008-06-09, 07:26   Link #242
Dark Wing

Am I the only one actually happy that Ranka finally got her chance to be a star!?
Old 2008-06-09, 07:38   Link #243
.Mero

chance? she became an overnight star
Old 2008-06-09, 07:49   Link #244
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She had one succesful co-staring role. Whether she's a one-hit wonder or not remains to be seen.
Old 2008-06-09, 07:53   Link #245
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She had one succesful co-staring role. Whether she's a one-hit wonder or not remains to be seen.
Oh shes already got her foot in the door and form the preview it looks like going to hit it big...however it will drive her feature away form Alto...
Old 2008-06-09, 08:09   Link #246
kokweng1

Why will drive her away from Alto ?TT
Old 2008-06-09, 08:14   Link #247
.Mero

Because her manager wil book her agenda so damn full, she will be out of spare time.
Resulting in her going awol for an episode to spend time with Alto? or whomever. Atleast gives us enough material for another episode

Not that much of a Ranka fan though, but the singing is nice ^^
Old 2008-06-09, 13:56   Link #248
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Well more likely than not most of Ranaka's gigs will still be on Frontier first so it's not like they're in totally differnt planets/fleets
Old 2008-06-09, 21:58   Link #249
ani_d

Frankly, after episode 11's preview, she'll probably realize that being a star isn't as fun as she thought it would be. She'll definitely be spending less time with her friends, especially Alto. I now also think Ranka's better off without her superstar status. Leave that to Sheryl Besides, her voice attracts danger. I don't see anything good that will ever come out of her 'being heard by everyone' other than....being heard by everyone lol

Looks like there's a new entry in her blog. I'm curious about what it says, but my laptop doesn't understand japanese characters. Anyone?

http://ameblo.jp/rankalee
Old 2008-06-09, 22:02   Link #250
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Lol ranka is going to be the doom of people and possibly the savior it can go either two ways Brera seems to have an attraction to her so he could flip sides and let her know about the vajra and save every one ending the war and get galaxy back. Or her songs can bring forth more vajra motherships and more eggs to be born and cause the ultimant attack on Frontier and cause every ones death.
Old 2008-06-09, 22:49   Link #251
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Frankly, after episode 11's preview, she'll probably realize that being a star isn't as fun as she thought it would be. She'll definitely be spending less time with her friends, especially Alto. I now also think Ranka's better off without her superstar status. Leave that to Sheryl Besides, her voice attracts danger. I don't see anything good that will ever come out of her 'being heard by everyone' other than....being heard by everyone lol

Looks like there's a new entry in her blog. I'm curious about what it says, but my laptop doesn't understand japanese characters. Anyone?

http://ameblo.jp/rankalee

Her blog entry is about how her quick dieting isn't so good. She's lamenting over the need to be skinny but trying to do it the healthy way.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-10, 00:07   Link #252
herbert

Quote:
If she gives up, she would become a boring character even to current Ranka fans (I have already lost interest on her other than her interactions with Alto and Sheryl so I don't say it for myself but you can count me as biased if you want). And I bet the possibility that she loses Alto to Sheryl would rise to 99.99%, if not 100%. She is better off by learning to balance her new found life, the sooner the better. If a real superstar like Sheryl has spare time to make Alto her plaything, it's not impossible for a maybe superstar like Ranka.

Ranka needs to learn and grows out of her inferior complex or she is better without Alto. At this moment, where is Alto, more often than not, there is a Sheryl. Ranka is already a sympathetic little thing in front of Sheryl, she will be more sympathetic if she quit singing.

Oh, by the way. From you said, "her voice attracts danger," I gather you may be a Leon supporter, right? I have never thought we may agree on anything but I'm happy we are agreeing on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Lol ranka is going to be the doom of people and possibly the savior it can go either two ways Brera seems to have an attraction to her so he could flip sides and let her know about the vajra and save every one ending the war and get galaxy back. Or her songs can bring forth more vajra motherships and more eggs to be born and cause the ultimant attack on Frontier and cause every ones death.
I wonder why does Brera save her. He either knows Ranka personally or something in Ranka attracts him but I doubt he knows Ranka's value as much as Leon does since his boss doesn't give a damn about Ranka's life.
Old 2008-06-10, 00:11   Link #253
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Well Breras boss said something about screwing up life and fixing something it obviously has something to do with the vajra and he probably feels a connection to Ranka because she was in an incident with the vajra also. Brera most likely almost died in the vajra attack and was chosen to fix the vajra or controll them as living weapons and or destroy them completly. People who live a vajra attack or something get some weird thing or a special few. Cause Ranka sings Aimo and brera plays Aimo on the hermonicha so it has to be tied in with the vajra or the way to controll them.

And omg yay I can think again before I always had good opinons and thoughts on stuff and then my mind took a crap. IM BACK BABY :P
Old 2008-06-10, 06:04   Link #254
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone wolf
Her blog entry is about how her quick dieting isn't so good. She's lamenting over the need to be skinny but trying to do it the healthy way.
I see Thank you. That's funny. She's trying to be skinny when she needs to eat more so that she'll grow more lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert
She is better off by learning to balance her new found life, the sooner the better. If a real superstar like Sheryl has spare time to make Alto her plaything, it's not impossible for a maybe superstar like Ranka.
Sheryl has a good alibi and knows how to pull it unlike Ranka. Besides, Ranka didn't seem like she's going to like her newfound fame based on the previews. I probably would still continue to support her singing career if she looked ecstatic, but alas. I like it better this way, and in my opinion, it makes a good contradiction since most are probably expecting Ranka to rise to the top, stay at the top, only then will she be happy. It's more realistic and dramatic if somewhere along the line, she realizes where her true happiness really lies.

Quote:
Oh, by the way. From you said, "her voice attracts danger," I gather you may be a Leon supporter, right?
Her voice does attract danger. I don't really have anything against Leon other than his haircut, but I'm not sure if I can label myself a supporter lol I'm certainly not egging him on to destroy Ranka, but so far I'm interested in his shady affairs.

Quote:
I have never thought we may agree on anything but I'm happy we are agreeing on this.
Ghost hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines
Well Breras boss said something about screwing up life and fixing something it obviously has something to do with the vajra and he probably feels a connection to Ranka because she was in an incident with the vajra also. Brera most likely almost died in the vajra attack and was chosen to fix the vajra or controll them as living weapons and or destroy them completly. People who live a vajra attack or something get some weird thing or a special few. Cause Ranka sings Aimo and brera plays Aimo on the hermonicha so it has to be tied in with the vajra or the way to controll them.
In episode 10, Brera's boss told him not to act suspicious. It seems like Brera's out to regain his lost past. I wonder if he's onto Ranka because she might know who he is--somewhere in her head. He may have amnesia too and, like Ranka, has aimo as his only clue. Now episode 14's title makes sense. Another thing that's bothering me is, what happened in episode 8 when Ranka met Brera? I hated that they never really went into details about it. I was pretty sure he would talk to her after he came out of hiding. I would've also expected Ranka to do something more since he might be the key to her past. Instead, she was back to minding her own showbiz affairs I wanted to see her wonder more about it, or run after Brera once she saw him again in front of her lousy stand. =_= Is she too content with her life now that she's not even that concerned about her past?
Old 2008-06-10, 09:28   Link #255
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Sheryl has a good alibi and knows how to pull it unlike Ranka. Besides, Ranka didn't seem like she's going to like her newfound fame based on the previews. I probably would still continue to support her singing career if she looked ecstatic, but alas. I like it better this way, and in my opinion, it makes a good contradiction since most are probably expecting Ranka to rise to the top, stay at the top, only then will she be happy. It's more realistic and dramatic if somewhere along the line, she realizes where her true happiness really lies.
In waitressing?

Where did it say or show that Ranka was unhappy in the previews? I've rewatched it, but I still don't see anything of the sort.
Old 2008-06-10, 09:32   Link #256
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah all it says is she grows distant from the others... which is the price you pay to gain fame... considering she sings to be heard she has to get use to it. Sheryl grew up without any friends, only now is she able to do the things Ranka has taken for granted. Maybe once Ranka is lonely at the top she'll emphasize with Sheryl a bit more later on when she competes for Sheryl's source of future happiness... and regarding the possibilities of Ozma and Grace dying in some manner.. at least if Ozma dies Ranka still has Nanase and everyone else... also Grace being a spy of sorts will just add to the shock for Sheryl.
Old 2008-06-10, 10:05   Link #257
herbert

Quote:
That is why I said she needs to learn it. And what if she loses Alto to Sheryl even if she gives up on singing? It's not entirely impossible.

Quote:
Ghost hunt
Mai fans and Masako fans can never have peace unless they both agree on yuri relationship.
Old 2008-06-10, 10:55   Link #258
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Ranka is going to hate the fame a bit I think she'll probably get really famous and stopworshiping Sheryl but in doing so she will loose her friends and once again become envious of Sheryl because she can sing and have Alto and get down with some tasty goodnes xD. But yea these episodes are still takin to long only been 4 days and I feel like shootin my foot <.< 11 better be good and not just be good for 5 mins and suck ass the other 17 x.x
Old 2008-06-10, 23:30   Link #259
4Tran

Quote:
While I wouldn't be all that surprised if Ranka were to have a crisis of faith with regard to singing, one of the central themes of the Macross francise is that singing isn't what the singers do, it's what makes them who they are. Moreover, Ranka leaving her singing behind would repudiate a lot of the positive changes that have been wrought on her character. By the way, I think that this theme is the same reason why Sheryl won't give up singing either.

Quote:
Taking up a public role as a singer is obviously a traumatic experience - it'd be surprising if she were only ecstatic about the whole ordeal. There are both ups and downs associated with the career, and the ones who quit over them didn't deserve to be there in the first place (although second chances do exist). I think that Ranka is strong enough that she can weather the hardships and grow in the process.
Old 2008-06-11, 00:10   Link #260
Wesley84

Dressing up as a carrot will probably have been fun compared to what's in store for her. She's well on her way to becoming a lonely, terrible person, that treats everyone like crap.
Closed Thread