AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-15, 05:59   Link #941
Elle_White

Oh, that's awesome. Thanks.
Elle_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:51   Link #942
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They took out Lindy adopting Fate? That... why? That's actually one of the few things in A's that does have a big impact on Fate's character development. Hell, it's at the core of her reason to start taking care of and adopting kids.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:16   Link #943
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Actar was just confused. Read comments at bottom.
http://actar.wordpress.com/2012/07/1...-and-opinions/

Fate was never officially adopted by Lindy in A's, from what I remember. It took place between A's and StrikerS, didn't it?
Old 2012-07-15, 15:38   Link #944
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

She was. That's part of what the time-skip illustrates, Fate getting her lunch from Lindy and calling her mother.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:01   Link #945
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

But see, the A's series timeskip was like 5 years? The A's movie timeskip is only two years, from what I've been told.

Last edited by Demi.; 2012-07-15 at 16:30.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:05   Link #946
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
A's epilouge time skip was 6 years. A two year time skip would put it around the time of Nanoha's incident.
Old 2012-07-15, 16:05   Link #947
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
『魔法少女リリカルなのは The MOVIE 2nd A's』上映予定劇場
7月14日現在
北海道・ 東北 劇場名 公開予定日 備考
北海道 ディノスシネマズ札幌劇場 2012年7月14日 公開中
宮城 MOVIX仙台 〃 公開中
秋田 ルミエール秋田 〃 公開中
山形 フォーラム山形 〃 公開中
福島 フォーラム福島 〃 公開中

関東 劇場名 公開予定日 備考
東京 新宿ミラノ 2012年7月14日 公開中
シネ・リーブル池袋 〃 公開中
ユナイテッド・シネマ豊洲 〃 公開中
109シネマズグランベリーモール 〃 公開中
立川シネマシティ 〃 公開中
神奈川 109シネマズMM横浜 〃 公開中
TOHOシネマズららぽーと横浜 〃 公開中
109シネマズ川崎 〃 公開中
TOHOシネマズ海老名 〃 公開中
109シネマズ湘南 〃 公開中
千葉 京成ローザ⑩ 〃 公開中
シネプレックス幕張 〃 公開中
埼玉 MOVIXさいたま 〃 公開中
シネプレックスわかば 〃 公開中
栃木 MOVIX宇都宮 〃 公開中
茨城 シネプレックス水戸 〃 公開中
群馬 109シネマズ高崎 〃 公開中

甲信越 劇場名 公開予定日 備考
新潟 T・ジョイ新潟万代 2012年7月14日 公開中
長野 長野ロキシー 〃 公開中

東海 劇場名 公開予定日 備考
静岡 MOVIX清水 2012年7月14日 公開中
愛知 109シネマズ名古屋 〃 公開中
MOVIX三好 〃 公開中
ユナイテッド・シネマ豊橋 〃 公開中
岐阜 大垣コロナワールド 〃 公開中
三重 109シネマズ四日市 〃 公開中

北陸 劇場名 公開予定日 備考
富山 富山シアター大都会 2012年7月14日 公開中
石川 ユナイテッド・シネマ金沢 〃 公開中
福井 福井コロナワールド 〃 公開中

関西 劇場名 公開予定日 備考
大阪 シネ・リーブル梅田 2012年7月14日 公開中
梅田ブルク7 〃 公開中
TOHOシネマズなんば 〃 公開中
京都 MOVIX京都 〃 公開中
兵庫 シネ・リーブル神戸 〃 公開中
滋賀 ユナイテッド・シネマ大津 〃 公開中
奈良 TOHOシネマズ橿原 〃 公開中
和歌山 ジストシネマ和歌山 〃 公開中

中国・四国 劇場名 公開予定日 備考
岡山 MOVIX倉敷 2012年7月14日 公開中
広島 109シネマズ広島 〃 公開中
愛媛 シネマサンシャインエミフルMASAKI 〃 公開中

九州 劇場名 公開予定日 備考
福岡 T・ジョイ博多 2012年7月14日 公開中
T・ジョイリバーウォーク北九州 〃 公開中
長崎 ユナイテッド・シネマ長崎 〃 公開中
熊本 シネプレックス熊本 〃 公開中
大分 T・ジョイパークプレイス大分 〃 公開中
鹿児島 鹿児島ミッテ10 〃 公開中

http://nanoha.com/theater.html

Looks like they will show a wounded Nanoha and Vita getting nightmares and going to work.

I hope it would come in Seoul and Taiwan XD
Old 2012-07-15, 16:13   Link #948
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Fate accepted being adopted in the last A's Sound Stage in the "cherry flower viewing" meeting a few months after the last chapter (sans epilogue), am I right? Knowing Lindy she must have had the adoption papers ready for some time now, so I think the two years should be enough for adoption.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:25   Link #949
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I remember that in A's, Lindy approached Fate about the idea of adoption. So yeah, her adoption was a big part of her development in A's proper. To throw that out in the movie would be... eh.
Old 2012-07-15, 18:21   Link #950
Elle_White

There's another review that says she was adopted by the Harlaown family at the beginning: http://animereviews.co/reviews/magic...2nd-as-review/

Clearly, she doesn't officially change her surname until later. Her relationships with both Nanoha and Lindy are important in the film from everything we've seen in the previews.

Last edited by Elle_White; 2012-07-15 at 18:34.
Old 2012-07-15, 19:50   Link #951
Elle_White

Fate introduces herself to Signum when she first fights her, right? I guess it make sense for her to still call herself Testarossa then. In the TV commercial with Lindy and Arf, Arf says in her narration, "and with that, the Harlaown family builds/continues." At least it was something along those lines. It must be left implied that she changes her name here.

I would've liked a scene where Fate calls herself Fate T. Harlaown. However, the movie will apparently put an emphasis on Fate's relationship with Lindy. I mean, Lindy takes time off work, and goes to Earth so she care for Fate while she attends school with Nanoha. She specifically goes to Earth for Fate's sake. There's also that scene from another commercial where Lindy gently pets Fate on the back of the head while Fate blushes. Thankfully, The movie's going to build their mother/daughter relationship!

Last edited by Elle_White; 2012-07-15 at 20:13.
Old 2012-07-15, 21:08   Link #952
Elle_White

This is from the Junk Guild forum.
Spoiler for :

Last edited by Elle_White; 2012-07-15 at 21:19.
Old 2012-07-15, 21:33   Link #953
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

It's not like you need to be adopted in order to become family, anyways. That's just some legal documentation.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:07   Link #954
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
IIf the movie surprises in the music department it completely disappoints in the visual one. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 2nd A’s doesn’t look very good. The movie uses the old character designs from the Nanoha 2nd A’s TV series without bothering to change or update them to HD. Don’t be fooled by the polished publicity images. In the actual movie there is no shading, no extra details and no revised outfits. These are the character models you saw in the TV series, for good or bad. The movie generally does not look very impressive. It does little to no use of the fine details that our current HD technology allows (and arguably dictates). Rooms are always conveniently empty. The city is always portrayed from above and its residents are seldom shown (despite it being a huge metropolitan city). Special effects are rendered in noticeably ugly and outdated CG. Overall it seems like the production company missed a vital opportunity, and instead of creating a polished high definition version of Lyrical Nanoha A’s just opted to upscale the original series. The difference between the movie and the series is evident in the more fluid attack animations and some battles end differently than in the TV series; but these battles don’t look as flashy as they should have.
I don't know what to say.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:32   Link #955
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Something tells me he is is blowing that out of proportion or did not like the feel of the first movie animation, either. The trailers would have had to do some serious lying if what he says is true...Since it looks like a massive overhaul regardless how I look at it.

Not to mention a different reviewer who also watched the movie said: "First off, I have to say that overall, the movie was great. I was honestly fangasming out of my mind with all the brilliant throwbacks (like the familiar dialogue) and improvements to the fights, animation and designs."

Conflicting opinions much?
Old 2012-07-16, 01:36   Link #956
Elle_White

Yeah, I took the comment about the animation with a grain of salt too. I mean, the animation looks great in the previews to me, and different people have different opinions. I've seen people who loved the animation on the first movie, and others who didn't like it at all.

Last edited by Elle_White; 2012-07-16 at 02:01.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:58   Link #957
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

I wanna see Nanoha in Seoul or Taiwan or something.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:06   Link #958
Elle_White

If you get to, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Old 2012-07-16, 02:15   Link #959
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Dunno how to translate so I can't tell if China or Korea is included.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:48   Link #960
Elle_White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
It's not like you need to be adopted in order to become family, anyways. That's just some legal documentation.
True! In the original A's, Fate is really shy and uncomfortable around Lindy because of the adoption offer. Lindy is kind in the series, but she tries to keep a certain distance while she works out her issues with Precia. i.e she refers to her as "Fate-san". It's only in the epilogue we see Fate comfortable around Lindy. However, it looks like the movie is going to show Fate (and Arf's) growing closer to the Harlaown's during the Book of Darkness incident. Fate starts to feel like she has a life and a family for the first time, but she feels a sense of guilt, and only overcomes it after her dream sequence in the BoD. Then the Harlaown family can "rebuild" in earnest. If the film exchanges the awkwardness about the adoption for more build-up, then Fate's sub-plot fits neatly into a movie format, and it makes sense with what we've been shown. It's also the only explanation I can come up with for not directly talking about adoption.

Last edited by Elle_White; 2012-07-16 at 05:53.