AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-01, 22:18   Link #541
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Errr, so what have i watched this 12 episode...
I feel that i didnt watch anything...
Everything is so absurd...

And finally Sasami sings the ED song...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 23:37   Link #542
Elestia

A weird show done by Shaft. Still enjoyed it for it's own unique cast of characters voiced by some big name seiyuus who performed quite well.
Old 2013-04-02, 01:15   Link #543
Sol Falling

Last episode was quite nice. Felt absolutely nothing like a final episode though, lol. I definitely hope Sasami-san gets continued, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 03:06   Link #544
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Still confused until the end.... WTH is this?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 04:11   Link #545
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Still confused until the end.... WTH is this?
It is always best to tell us what you are confused about. We can't explain otherwise.
Old 2013-04-02, 05:16   Link #546
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It is always best to tell us what you are confused about. We can't explain otherwise.
Ok,, maybe just one .. why does oniichan still wears a mask?
Old 2013-04-02, 05:39   Link #547
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
This is just a guess, but maybe secrecy is part of his portfolio as a deity (just as fertility goddess have a you know what).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 06:00   Link #548
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Gods have traits. Covering his face is his trait.

You got to understand, these are not normal people. In most shows, you have ordinary people being put in extraordinary situations. But in Sasami you have extraordinary people put in ordinary situations. They do weird things because that's what they do.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2013-04-02 at 06:10.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 06:15   Link #549
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
You got to understand, these are not normal people.
so is the robot... does this represent how Japanese gods behave based on tradition... its pretty weird..No offense...
Old 2013-04-02, 06:41   Link #550
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
so is the robot... does this represent how Japanese gods behave based on tradition... its pretty weird..No offense...
Since when did a god ever behaved "normally"?

No, seriously, show me an ordinary god in any legend. They don't exist.

Gods act in mysterious ways. You can't expect extraordinary people to be just like anyone else. They also have no reason to follow social norms; after all, they are literally segregated from everyday mortals.

How DO you believe they should behave then? What is a "normal" god to you? I would love to hear what your belief in a normal deity to be like.
Old 2013-04-02, 06:52   Link #551
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I would love to hear what your belief in a normal deity to be like.
Actually yeah... Most religions having numerous gods like the Japanese (Ancient Greek, Indian) are pretty weird.. Just wondering why they have to show everything mostly "those" weird behaviors.... I wouldn't specify but it's pretty obvious in the series... What morals or knowledge that the series want to share the viewers in general..
Old 2013-04-02, 07:33   Link #552
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Actually yeah... Most religions having numerous gods like the Japanese (Ancient Greek, Indian) are pretty weird.. Just wondering why they have to show everything mostly "those" weird behaviors.... I wouldn't specify but it's pretty obvious in the series... What morals or knowledge that the series want to share the viewers in general..
Morals?

You mean, rules created for mortals to control what they can and cannot do?

Go ahead. Specify. And we would find out how they apply to beings who manipulate space and time.
Old 2013-04-02, 07:52   Link #553
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Morals?

You mean, rules created for mortals to control what they can and cannot do?

Go ahead. Specify. And we would find out how they apply to beings who manipulate space and time.
Actually.. my head hurts now.. thinking of all the weird things and I find it explainable... or will explaining them makes any sense at all...

About the Morals.. I meant morality... no its not about sexuality but more of...

After 12 episodes... what did this series wanted to show us actually? Humor? Gods' behavior? Senselessness of the gods? or how Japanese gods behave..
Old 2013-04-02, 08:03   Link #554
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Seems like this show flopped pretty hard. I mean like not even 700 discs. This is Natsu and Bund bad. Which is really too bad seeing as it had such a good cast of seiyus backing it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 08:07   Link #555
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Actually.. my head hurts now.. thinking of all the weird things and I find it explainable... or will explaining them makes any sense at all...

About the Morals.. I meant morality... no its not about sexuality but more of...

After 12 episodes... what did this series wanted to show us actually? Humor? Gods' behavior? Senselessness of the gods? or how Japanese gods behave..
The show is showing gods as gods. As in, they aren't spending all day worrying about not having enough worshippers or what their followers are doing in their bedrooms.

They are showing gods separated from religion. In fact, separated from mortals.

There are mean gods and there are nice gods. But they don't revolve themselves around what mortals are up to everyday. They certainly don't care if you fear them or not. They are independent. They don't wasting all their time judging humanity.
Old 2013-04-02, 08:22   Link #556
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
The show is showing gods as gods. As in, they aren't spending all day worrying about not having enough worshippers or what their followers are doing in their bedrooms.

There are mean gods and there are nice gods. But they don't revolve themselves around what mortals are up to everyday. They certainly don't care if you fear them or not. They are independent. They don't wasting all their time judging humanity.
Well, the series showed it a every weird way.. Anyway.. thanks!

I'll surely rewatch it again until my headache subsides...
Old 2013-04-02, 09:05   Link #557
Diveman

Last episode had a weird mix of everything, a bit of romance, action, gore, comedy, friendship etc.

I wonder, why is Tsurugi calling Kamiomi "oni-chan"?
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 09:55   Link #558
ndqanh_vn

Quote:

I think what the guy want to ask is what the show finally achieved in the end? What is the main point that the creator want to make? What did he want to tell us with all that weird random god fanservice otaku pandering mythology etc etc etc...Because this show is still made by mortal men to the enjoyment of human viewers, so I guess the creator has something he has to say to human in the chaos of this show right?

I can only think that it is a story about the battle of old and new generation, between tradition and modern world. It is quite a topic in Japan and Eastern country right now. This is, just my opinion, and this is not the whole show, just the angle I like to use to examine it.

OveralL, a show with SHAFT style, which admitedly is not so original nowadays. It has some interesting concept and reference to mythology, but did not take them far enough, maybe because the novel has not been totally adapted yet. Not a show that would make you remember, but definitely a show you would want to check every week.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 10:11   Link #559
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
I think what the guy want to ask is what the show finally achieved in the end? What is the main point that the creator want to make? What did he want to tell us with all that weird random god fanservice otaku pandering mythology etc etc etc...Because this show is still made by mortal men to the enjoyment of human viewers, so I guess the creator has something he has to say to human in the chaos of this show right?

I can only think that it is a story about the battle of old and new generation, between tradition and modern world. It is quite a topic in Japan and Eastern country right now. This is, just my opinion, and this is not the whole show, just the angle I like to use to examine it.

OveralL, a show with SHAFT style, which admitedly is not so original nowadays. It has some interesting concept and reference to mythology, but did not take them far enough, maybe because the novel has not been totally adapted yet. Not a show that would make you remember, but definitely a show you would want to check every week.
Well, the author wasn't trying to make a point by the end of this series. Because this is only the 4th book out of 10 so far, and as such it isn't meant to be consistent in theme and "getting somewhere".

The author is just making modern myths. Keep in mind that myths are rarely meant to teach us anything; not every tale needs to be a fable. You are not being lectured. But the author is having fun twisting the idea of "don't work too hard" into a positive outlook. As in, there is such a thing as working too hard, and take things too seriously. Never forget to smell the roses.
Old 2013-04-02, 19:05   Link #560
chaos_animagic

Last episode feels just like any other episode...

Lots of openings and lots of "feels like nothing happened at all" LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romantic comedy, shounen