AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-22, 03:05   Link #281
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
It is another version of Code Geass.
There are 3 version of manga.

There is this lulu one on Asuka, I forgot the name.
There is another one called "Susaku strike back" or something.
and There is the last one, the picture, called "Knightmare of Nanaly"
Actually the first is simply named, 'Lelouch of the Rebellion' while the second, which follows Suzaku's point of view, is christened 'Suzaku of the Counterattack'.

The three mangas are supposed to follow the anime's path and complement it but as seen with LotR and SotC, they diverge a lot in the proceedings, especially with the different characters' evolution and scene settings. So don't think they're carbon copies of the anime. They're not. And they aren't even carbon copies of each other. They do differ from each other.

Keep in mind that they're manga adaptations, so a few changes, radical or slight, are to be expected. I'm not exactly impressed with both series (LotR and SotC) but I expect KoN to be slightly better due to the potential it has (multiple Geass users) for providing new, useful information.

As for 'Knightmare of Nanaly', well, as the title says, it's supposed to follow Nanaly's (or should I spell it Nunnally?) point of view (figuratively, of course ), but the promo pic strangely didn't show her among the cast - except for that Asuna Kagurazaka-clone, who bears the same uniform.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-22 at 03:28.
Old 2006-12-22, 03:48   Link #282
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I'm guessing the secret that Shirley discovers is either:

1) Lelouch is really Zero

2) Lelouch's true lineage

3) C.C. is living with Lelouch whom Nunally describes as his 'girlfriend'

Of course if Lelouch realises this, he could just Geass her, thus I'm guessing Shirley doesn't mention this to anyone.
Old 2006-12-22, 06:30   Link #283
c^2

Who wants to bet that Nanaly already knows about her brother? If not that he is Zero, that he is at least involved. Since they live together, it would be nearly impossible not to notice the coincidence of him being absent during each event. This should become even more obvious with recent events, as he is gone for extended periods.

Perhaps she has not made the realization, but I think it can only be a matter of time. It seems possible that an observant classmate might also notice such things.
Old 2006-12-22, 07:30   Link #284
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Some observations from ep 11, specifically C.C's vision and the last sequence during the C.C/Lelouch/Suzaku mindbang...

Spoiler for C.C's Vision:

Spoiler for Geass Sequence:

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-12-22 at 07:55.
Old 2006-12-22, 08:26   Link #285
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Some observations from ep 11, specifically C.C's vision and the last sequence during the C.C/Lelouch/Suzaku mindbang...

Spoiler for Geass Sequence:
lol nicely put together
further questions im gonna add...

Spoiler for geass sequence:

hmm C.C.'s past is quite heavily influenced by religion ~ reason?

just my 2cents

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-22, 08:52   Link #286
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
hmm C.C.'s past is quite heavily influenced by religion ~ reason?

just my 2cents
Spoiler:

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-12-22, 08:52   Link #287
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quina Investigation for CC real name

I believe you guys agree with me that we can't sleep well tonight with that CC real name's block. Thus this post is about finding out all the clues we have to make an educated guess about her name!!. Here are some facts

Quote:
FACT1: Lulouche said "Isn't that a good name. Sounds way more human than CC." From this we can probably assume its a good woman name.
Quote:
FACT2: It take lulu almost 2 sec to say the name. Thus we know that her name is rather long (Lulouch first name takes less than a sec). However it is also possible that he is dragging the sounds. Given that the moment is all emotional and stuffs that might be the case.
Quote:
FACT3: Assume that either the nun or the crying child in Lulu's vision is indeed CC. Then it is likely that she came from a country somewhat similar to Europe or US. Why? Consider this screen shot.

Notice the way that people dresses, it is not Assian style kind of dressing nor Africa. And too not Japan. Thus if she comes from thoes kinds of country, her name would most likely be in that language.
Quote:
FACT4: Now let's consider screenshot of the moment Lulu is saying her name.

THe screenshot is taken everytime his mouth changes shape except while closing.
We know that sounds doesn't have to came out everytime we change the shape of your mouth, however from this we know that her name is shorter than 7 sounds.
Quote:
Not really a fact, but ffrom the screenshot, we can makes some guesses of the sounds Lulu is pronoucing!.
This are hiragana's sounds.

Screen1: a, ka, ga, la, ...etc
Screen2: i, me , lee, see, ....etc
Screen3: seems to me like he is making some "f" sounds.
Screen4: aww headache...
Screen5: I can't do this anymore.~

Some wild guesses : baemeria, spherera,
hmm can't seems to make some good gueasses.. lol may be you guys can draw something out from the clue!!
Old 2006-12-22, 08:56   Link #288
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
hmm can't seems to make some good gueasses.. lol may be you guys can draw something out from the clue!!
She has some Northden Europe name.
Remember Valkyrie? Walhalla? and so on? This kind of stuff.

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-12-22, 09:08   Link #289
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I'm much more interested in the overall sequence of the entire Geass routine... I know it's quite apparent on how Lelouch saw his mother in Geass, but the overall pattern kind of suggested several contrived manners. It'd be a whole new curve ball if Suzaku was the one who saw Empress Marriane, and not Lelouch.

*Cracks fingers*

Henshin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-Gun-gale
Spoiler for Impossible Suzaku Conspiracy Theory #59578:
That was not by me...it was...urgh...my alter-ego. That's right. One of my alter-egos born from the days of countless GSD conspiracy theories that was mind-inducingly wacko and ROFTLMAO at the same time. Luna = Fllay's sister wtf?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-12-22, 09:20   Link #290
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Lol, you haven't been watching Noir recently have you?
Old 2006-12-22, 09:37   Link #291
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

^

*Checks list*

Apparently, no. I haven't watched Noir, even though I do have the complete box set I bought 3 years back or so, lying in dust in my "bought complete set, but haven't even opened the wrapper" section of my cupboard, along with several other animes. Damn, now that I realized it, Getbackers anime is there as well.

To not flee away from the topic, I think it's semi-obvious that C.C's name is something special to Lelouch at least. I mean, his intentions of doing a blood-test on C.C vanished the moment he hears her name as he throws the C.C blood soaked cloth into the river...unless there was some omitted not-for-TV scenes of blood extraction.

And I don't see Lelouch the type to go 'tsundere' at merely nice names.

Maybe it's Marriane? LOL.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-12-22, 10:26   Link #292
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

IMO if Suzaku was the devil Nightengale's alter ego speculates him to be he'd hav eno qualms about killing people on the battlefield either. SO i guess he's just scared that his father wouldn't have like the path he has taken and whould instead encouraged him to join Zero's side and kill Brittanians

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-12-22, 10:31   Link #293
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post

From Omni's summary of ep 11 at Random Curiosity

Quote:
Lelouch begins to see many images, including a mob throwing rocks at a church that’s adorned with the same mark that’s on C.C.’s forehead and a nun with that marking too. This leads to a shot of a red shrine gate marked Kururugi Jinja (Kururugi Shrine) and then a scene of C.C. naked in a body of water, touching the scar that is shaped like the marking on her forehead and stretches from her left breast down to her stomach.
So i guess this complicates things?

Old 2006-12-22, 11:33   Link #294
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
....8<....
So i guess this complicates things?
Spoiler for ep 11:

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-12-22 at 11:52. Reason: added spoiler
Old 2006-12-22, 12:02   Link #295
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Now that made me fall from my chair.
Spoiler:

Old 2006-12-22, 12:14   Link #296
flou
That's no lady

I highly doubt that Suzaku and Lulu are brothers considering Lulu and Nunnally have the same eye color as their mom and dad and Lulu is like a smaller version of his father. But, I wonder who Mao is and does anybody know whether Mao is a boy or girl?
Old 2006-12-22, 14:01   Link #297
Sirmackerel

I've always liked the idea of Suzaku being Schneizel's tool.
Old 2006-12-22, 14:17   Link #298
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel View Post
I've always liked the idea of Suzaku being Schneizel's tool.
Well, right now, he's doing Schneizel's homework since his superior, Lloyd, is directly employed by the said Prince. I don't think Suzaku knows it, though - either that and/or certain suspicions harbored by Lelouch towards that individual.

Who knows, maybe one day Suzaku will be given an order like 'kill Cornelia' or 'dispose of Euphemia' from Schneizel so as to clear the path up to the throne (Schneizel theoretically doesn't need it since he's the second in line for the succession and both girls are behind him)...
Old 2006-12-22, 14:48   Link #299
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm guessing the name CC has brought back memories for him. So I'm assuming that means she was from western Europe. Maybe even France like he was?

Now we have thousands of fans fervently repeating the lip scene trying to figure it out LOL...

My addition to the puzzle: The name is made of 5 syllables based on the mouth movement, with 2nd and 5th syllable being "R" based, like "ri"
Old 2006-12-22, 16:41   Link #300
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Is lulu from France? his name sounds French, but his father is deffinately a Britania and his mother is a japanese. Shouldn't he be in Britania? (Britain).
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers