AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-26, 10:13   Link #21
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

Might look into getting this I have a ps2 and a game cube.

It does look pretty nice where did you get it from ? Order it online or do you have someplace that sell imported games ??

I have seen some at Electronics boutique but normally a very limited selection of them.. I might try going by today and see if they have it or maybe could order.
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 10:14   Link #22
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

You can buy it at lik-sang.com...
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 10:18   Link #23
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Yeah using Sharingan on Sakura's and Zabuza's supers are just great.

I love this game to bits too, it's just so great, heh heh. This is easily the best 500kr I've ever spent on a game. I've brought this game + my gamecube to lan parties and stuff and it's always been a success. Always 4 persons playing with quite a queue behind each chair, heh heh.

I think they shouldn't've included Sharingan no Sasuke though, he's just too cheap. That Up + A move can counter too many things, is too fast, etc etc. I mean sure after a short while you do learn to dodge it if someone tries to use it over and over, but that's not how this move is being deadly - the move is deadly by how it can be combined with other things... iirc it could even be followed with the Katon Housenka no Jutsu which means like.. ouch >_<x nobody plays Sharingan no Sasuke or Akamaru over here because they're so cheap :P
EDIT: I forgot to mention how you can counter out some characters' combo strings and otherwise abuse this move, but let's just all agree that it should've been left out, lol.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 10:21   Link #24
UzumakiBatman
Me for teh pwnage :P

a m8 of mine owns this game and i have to say its one of the best fighting games ive ever played, chara's r all pretty much unique and the special moves r pretty cool, espically rock lee's primary locus
UzumakiBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:04   Link #25
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I have to go change my underware, because those in game movies made me far to excited. o_o;
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:11   Link #26
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarrais
Might look into getting this I have a ps2 and a game cube.

It does look pretty nice where did you get it from ? Order it online or do you have someplace that sell imported games ??

I have seen some at Electronics boutique but normally a very limited selection of them.. I might try going by today and see if they have it or maybe could order.
That's cool, also in the Blockbuster where I go to rent videos. Sometimes they also have import games from japan as well (like they did with the Mystical Ninja of N64)
Old 2004-04-26, 11:16   Link #27
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
I think they shouldn't've included Sharingan no Sasuke though, he's just too cheap. That Up + A move can counter too many things, is too fast, etc etc. I mean sure after a short while you do learn to dodge it if someone tries to use it over and over, but that's not how this move is being deadly - the move is deadly by how it can be combined with other things... iirc it could even be followed with the Katon Housenka no Jutsu which means like.. ouch >_<x nobody plays Sharingan no Sasuke or Akamaru over here because they're so cheap :P
EDIT: I forgot to mention how you can counter out some characters' combo strings and otherwise abuse this move, but let's just all agree that it should've been left out, lol.
C'mon, that's exactly why the Sharingan is so feared and wanted! The only reason we viewers don't appreciate it is because we keep seeing one of the only three Sharingan users left get his ass handed to him.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:21   Link #28
Dark_Oblivion
Gai's 'hip' rival :)

Would there be any chance of Gai v Kakashi?

Hopefully i can play it soon coz my bro has a GC and he's had his eye on it for a while
Dark_Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:31   Link #29
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I have this game, and I love it too

My favorite character has to be Orochimaru. His special is the best, it temporarily seals the enemy's Chakra, giving you a great advantage in the fight.
I've already unlocked everything, so I play just for fun nowadays
But this game is awesome by itself, not only by being a Naruto game. It has nice graphics, awesome soundtrack and very good controls. It's a "must own" not for every Naruto fan, but for every GCN owner too I'd say it's one of the best GCN fighting games, after all.

Also, did you people know Sharingan Sasuke has two specials? He's the only one. His "common special", when you use it on land, he uses the Chidori. But when you use it in the air, he uses the Mythical Fire Flower no Jutsu. I really like Sharingan Sasuke because of this little "secret" that he has

Last edited by Vicious; 2004-04-26 at 11:56.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:46   Link #30
hob
Random Stupid Poster.

Send a message via AIM to hob Send a message via MSN to hob Send a message via Yahoo to hob
I wish i had a GameCube
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 12:04   Link #31
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hob
I wish i had a GameCube
Well, they're slightly cheap (bout around $99)
Old 2004-04-26, 12:12   Link #32
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

It's cool how your list has Akamaru listed instead of Kiba .
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 12:21   Link #33
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Kiba is there too.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 12:26   Link #34
hob
Random Stupid Poster.

Send a message via AIM to hob Send a message via MSN to hob Send a message via Yahoo to hob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Well, they're slightly cheap (bout around $99)

Dollars? That's not cheap to me.. :\
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 12:26   Link #35
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Why, what beef do you have against Kiba?
Old 2004-04-26, 14:48   Link #36
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

yes sharingan sasuke has 2 special and sharingan kakashi can counter/copy almost any special in the game.
Old 2004-04-26, 14:59   Link #37
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Why, what beef do you have against Kiba?
huh? I was being sarcastic. The point is Akamaru is Kiba's DOG and he's listed there as a character , which is NOT cool. Get it?
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 15:00   Link #38
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

The game's pretty limited for a fighting game. I mean, honestly, this isnt the best way to make use of the characters. Sakura shouldn't be in there at all. Neither should Ino. Shikamaru's special looks retarded because not only does he trap people with his shadow, he summons a wall to knock their heads into.

While everything does look cool, the game quickly devolves into button mashing. With the GC controller you can't really make it any other way.

I'd give the game about a 6.5.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 15:13   Link #39
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
The game's pretty limited for a fighting game. I mean, honestly, this isnt the best way to make use of the characters.
Yah...the graphics and animations look really nice, but I'm more interested in that RPG/side-scroll action Naruto game on GBA.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 15:24   Link #40
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
The game's pretty limited for a fighting game. I mean, honestly, this isnt the best way to make use of the characters. Sakura shouldn't be in there at all. Neither should Ino. Shikamaru's special looks retarded because not only does he trap people with his shadow, he summons a wall to knock their heads into.

While everything does look cool, the game quickly devolves into button mashing. With the GC controller you can't really make it any other way.

I'd give the game about a 6.5.

well thats not true, you can button mash all you want.. but you'll never beat a skilled player that way... and since you can also button mash in tekken and soul calibur then thats the player's fault not the game's.
you need to use techniques to beat skilled players, you wont play againest Lee the same way you play againest zabuza.