AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-27, 23:51   Link #1121
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I definitely got this 'final boss' feeling from her. Can almost see why the island would be kept deserted (other than the whole exile thing). Imagine if she was traveling around the world freely. She can just pick up any move and completely master it after seeing it twice. Only way to beat her would be to hit her with some super move before she could even react to it. Of course the point is with taking in that one move she can now cross to the mainland by herself.
She ought to still have that stamina problem.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 03:38   Link #1122
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I love how it's getting better and better with every episode. <3 Nanami ftw forever! And for me, personally, it'd have to be:

ED1 & ED4 (I like them both equally) > ED3 > OP1 > ED2

If ED4 was done by anyone other than kukui, I doubt I'd like it as much. (ED1 impressed me because Yousei Teikoku went a little bit out of their usual sound for a change, so it was refreshing to hear. I know most people like that song the least, however.)

I just hope the future EDs continue to be of such a high quality. I like all of the songs so far, even though I have favorites!
Old 2010-04-28, 13:22   Link #1123
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
OP1
I'm fairly certain there will be no other OP song or movie.
Update (July): and I stand corrected.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-07-01 at 15:29.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 00:00   Link #1124
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Speaking as a viewer with no real access to the source, that was pretty mean of the animation staff to show the 'battle' as a preview.

Nanami fighting the ninjas was cool and unexpectedly cruel of her, but still, I have a feeling the other battle could have been more of an animated treat to watch. Hell, why didn't they just animate both of them at the same time for double the epicness?

Hearing Shichika and his nonintentional sarcasm was annoying especially when they are ramming the fact they stole that scene from us.

Then again, none of NisiOsin stuff seemed to be aimed at animation fidelity to begin with. At least this show far outdoes what Bakemonogatari did. Still, this ep dangerously came close to still-image narration a few times. I still wanted to watch the other battle....

As for whether Nanami is evil or not, I didn't think so at all until her sinister smile. She obviously knows she is vastly powerful and apparently that is her curse for suffering through life. It seems to me like she fully knows she is a freak of nature and is cursed/blessed by it. At this point, I think whether she is good or evil is besides the point. She is basically like an otherworldy creature now.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 02:12   Link #1125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Like I said, I keep getting "Dr. Manhattan" vibes.... though a more unlikely analogy I've not seen.
Old 2010-04-29, 02:48   Link #1126
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Hell, why didn't they just animate both of them at the same time for double the epicness?
I honestly can't think of a reason why they couldn't. That troll scene at the end was like 4 minutes. And that pointless scene where those two insects go off tangent after the Red Crystal breaks wasted another 4 mintues. That's 8 minutes. Surely they could've fit the fight scene in that amount of time.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-29 at 04:43.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 04:40   Link #1127
Kakkou
Tch.

The whole point of it was that they never intended to animate the full fight at all. It was one great big joke/troll by Nisioisin which White Fox took even further with the fake preview. It must've been worse for the novel readers since they didn't even get a preview of it before getting the fact rubbed in their faces XD.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 02:08   Link #1128
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The whole point of it was that they never intended to animate the full fight at all. It was one great big joke/troll by Nisioisin which White Fox took even further with the fake preview. It must've been worse for the novel readers since they didn't even get a preview of it before getting the fact rubbed in their faces XD.
Ugh. I keep getting the feeling Nisiosin keeps thinking he's some smart cookie for pulling off all these off the cuff, breaking the fourth wall stuff. Except this time it resulted in a real punking. And to think even the characters were raving about what an awesome battle it was. Too cruel... I think Nisiosin truly doesn't have a heart if he does this again and again.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 06:59   Link #1129
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

The EP5 ending is sung by Tamura Yukari, the title is "Ai to Makoto" ("Love and Faith") - 「愛と誠」.

Yay for Yukari~n, and practically, the first character song, as it's credited to Togame.

The episode won't air until May 21 though...
Old 2010-05-01, 01:17   Link #1130
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
I'm fairly certain there will be no other OP song or movie.
Sorry, I tend to put OP1 out of habit of typing it so much. :x I know there won't be another song.

I personally liked that we got a "bogus" preview (nothing special, since the same thing was done in the books, but I didn't learn this until afterward of course). It made the episode have a bigger impact on me, I think. That and it just added to Nisioisin's kickass factor, lol.
Old 2010-05-01, 11:17   Link #1131
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just watched 4. It...was...shocking. The image of the cute little sister will forever be gone. Scared the hell out of me.

And it was a super bummer about missing that fight. But I think the little sister will become more important down the line - and that's why her part was included and not the fight with the one-time guy. Or it may be a BD/DVD extra,
Old 2010-05-01, 11:22   Link #1132
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Just watched 4. It...was...shocking. The image of the cute little sister will forever be gone. Scared the hell out of me.

And it was a super bummer about missing that fight. But I think the little sister will become more important down the line - and that's why her part was included and not the fight with the one-time guy. Or it may be a BD/DVD extra,
It's big sister.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 13:54   Link #1133
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

I thought they already announced what the extra to be that 12 chapter thingy on Shichika's dad (whose name eludes me at the moment)?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 14:24   Link #1134
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It's big sister.
Whoa, I knew that. Why'd I think little sister then, lol. But yeah, the image I had is gone. She's scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I thought they already announced what the extra to be that 12 chapter thingy on Shichika's dad (whose name eludes me at the moment)?
I have no idea what they had announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it. Gotta market with good extras.
Old 2010-05-02, 03:09   Link #1135
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Um, yes, 12-part audiodrama about Yasuri Mutsue and Yasuri family in general (For instance, the fifth Kyotouryuu's name was Yasuri Itsumiki*, that's something that AFAIK wasn't revealed in the books.) Pretty interesting stuff, wish someone would translate those. My Japanese is not good enough for that.

* I wonder, how it's written. 五幹? dunno lol.
Old 2010-05-04, 11:21   Link #1136
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It must've been worse for the novel readers since they didn't even get a preview of it before getting the fact rubbed in their faces XD.
That would depend mostly on how good (or not) Nishio Ishin is at writing fight scenes.

But actually, I think it's worse for the anime-only base, since we actually got the preview. The novel readers in this thread were having a good time looking forward to our reactions...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 15:21   Link #1137
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Just watched ep.4, I knew something was off with the ep.3 preview and especially Sachika's sister. Those poor poor Maniwani...almost feel bad for them, hopefully their not all a joke.

Question, what's the reason for Togame's eye changing like it does?
Old 2010-05-06, 09:23   Link #1138
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

New little trailer thingy is up. Still no sign of Koumori making a guest appearance clad in a french maid uniform. My depression deepens.
http://www.katanagatari.com/special/prev05_2.html
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 09:28   Link #1139
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Question, what's the reason for Togame's eye changing like it does?
There is no reason. It didn't even change in novels as far as I know.

Quote:
New little trailer thingy is up.
What the...
Spoiler for image:
Old 2010-05-06, 10:01   Link #1140
tsunade666

okay it will get creepy if I see Koumori in maid uniform, jumping around saying "welcome home master"

but really what's with the preview image? its kinda.....ero kawaiiiiiiiii!!!

Isn't the eye changing referring to what Koumori said on the first episode? with the shine on her eyes or something connected with her ambition or revange?

EDIT:

after watching it, Togame really doesn't mind getting seen naked.......
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy