Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-09-22, 14:40   Link #1141
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Haters gonna hate. Saints are the best, deal with it. Breesus is a good player, but the Saints win as a team.
LOL what? Without Drew Brees the Saints win 6 games at the most. You think the Saints are a playoff team without Brees? Answer that question please.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 15:03   Link #1142
Gin
*Artist

Yes I do, I also think you're mad that your team lost. Football is a team sport, Breesus is good, but he is not the only reason the Saints win games. They play as a team.
Old 2010-09-22, 15:10   Link #1143
Nosauz

Quote:
Yes I do, I also think you're mad that your team lost. Football is a team sport, Breesus is good, but he is not the only reason the Saints win games. They play as a team.
The Cardinals, a SUPERBOWL contender for the past two years, lost 1 player and have now started the season 0-2, I don't see how can't see the power of the quarterback position. Or look at the Vikings, Farve is clearly not as into it as he was last year and they are also 0-2, even with the "second" best RB in the league they have not been able to do anything.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 15:24   Link #1144
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Cardinals are actually 1-1 (the victory being against the Rams), but the point still stands.

I really doubt that if Peyton Manning went out for the season, the Colts would be a-okay. Hell, they likely be the worst in the AFC South.

It's a team sport, yes, but it's obvious that some positions are more important than others. The QB position being the most important, the Saints' backup is Chase Daniel, you really think that he would keep the ball rolling?
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 15:30   Link #1145
Gin
*Artist

I am not contesting the fact that Breesus is a major contributor to Saints victories, I just think its awfully childish for samari to claim that without Breesus the Saints would be incapable of winning. Football is a team sport, Breesus may be a big part of the team but he is not the only part.
Old 2010-09-22, 15:35   Link #1146
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
I am not contesting the fact that Breesus is a major contributor to Saints victories, I just think its awfully childish for samari to claim that without Breesus the Saints would be incapable of winning. Football is a team sport, Breesus may be a big part of the team but he is not the only part.
It is a team sport, but a lot of it rests on the QB. It isn't just the Saints that would fall under that category - most good teams would be hit very hard if they lost their QB.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 15:40   Link #1147
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
It is a team sport, but a lot of it rests on the QB. It isn't just the Saints that would fall under that category - most good teams would be hit very hard if they lost their QB.
I mean brady's fourth superbowl attempt, Colt McCoy getting injured during the BCS Title game, there are countless examples where it was just based on qb performance. let's not forget that although donovan mcnabb has never won a super bowl he came close to defeating the pats. if it wasn't for his lousy play Philly would have had a superbowl win. The days of Trent Dilfer winning a superbowl are over.
Old 2010-09-22, 18:00   Link #1148
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I mean brady's fourth superbowl attempt, Colt McCoy getting injured during the BCS Title game, there are countless examples where it was just based on qb performance. let's not forget that although donovan mcnabb has never won a super bowl he came close to defeating the pats. if it wasn't for his lousy play Philly would have had a superbowl win. The days of Trent Dilfer winning a superbowl are over.
You and Philadelphia fans are the most arrogant and foolish fanbase in sports history(second to New Orleans fans). Plus as Reid had to make that decision on taking Vick instead Kolb. I think naturally we should gave Mcnabb another chance in Philly but Philadelphia are so pathetic always whining and bitching it's like too they are asking more. Seriously you are likes spoiled children.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 20:20   Link #1149
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
let's not forget that although donovan mcnabb has never won a super bowl he came close to defeating the pats. if it wasn't for his lousy play Philly would have had a superbowl win.
Or lets not forget how Andy Reid ran terrible clock managment at th end of that super bowl or how the defense let the Patriots waltz their way down the field for a field goal to give them a sure lead the drive before. No lets just say it was all Mcnabb's fault they didn't win.

Honestly sometimes I feel like I'm the only Philly fan that doesn't whine. It always seems Philly fans place blame on the people that don't deserve it and this was especially apparant with McNabb. Was I the only true fan of this guy, the only one who actually supported him. Sometimes it feels that way.

We had great years with Reid, Westbrook, McNabb and company and I'm glad to say I was one of the few Philly fans that didn't bitch and whine throughout all those years.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 20:45   Link #1150
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Haters gonna hate. Saints are the best, deal with it. Breesus is a good player, but the Saints win as a team.
agreeing with Saints winning as a team. Having a good QB doesn't guarentee a victory. QBs like Peyton, Tom Brady, and even old school qbs like Montana wouldn't be good without good players around them.
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 21:05   Link #1151
Gin
*Artist

Exactly, its not like Breesus catches all his own passes or blocks for himself. I also don't see him play defense or kick any game winning field goals.
Old 2010-09-22, 21:47   Link #1152
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Or lets not forget how Andy Reid ran terrible clock managment at th end of that super bowl or how the defense let the Patriots waltz their way down the field for a field goal to give them a sure lead the drive before. No lets just say it was all Mcnabb's fault they didn't win.

Honestly sometimes I feel like I'm the only Philly fan that doesn't whine. It always seems Philly fans place blame on the people that don't deserve it and this was especially apparant with McNabb. Was I the only true fan of this guy, the only one who actually supported him. Sometimes it feels that way.

We had great years with Reid, Westbrook, McNabb and company and I'm glad to say I was one of the few Philly fans that didn't bitch and whine throughout all those years.
I aint a philly a boy, I don't even like the eagles, I only have a tiny allegiance to them because my boy loves em to death. I watched that game as a PAT hater, and Mcnabb choked, he did. He doesn't owe me anything, and I feel that he got canned by Philly in basically the Lebron version of football douchebaggery. Reid tossed him under the bus after Mcnabb took them to three NFC Confrence champs, and a superbowl. I was extremely delighted when Vick started for the Eagles after all the shit Philly fans were talking about how bad Mcnabb was, because on anyother franchise, he would have been the franchise player. Seriously though, Philly hates their players like it's nobodies business, they dropped dawkins, buckhalter, westbrook, shepard and they really haven't reloaded with anything. Just get it into your head, I aint a Philly fan.
Old 2010-09-22, 22:43   Link #1153
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
agreeing with Saints winning as a team. Having a good QB doesn't guarentee a victory. QBs like Peyton, Tom Brady, and even old school qbs like Montana wouldn't be good without good players around them.
Quarterbacks have a tendency of making the players around them much better. Quarterbacks make adjustments on the O-line based on what they see Defenses doing. They also can change plays on the fly. They have to avoid pass rushes, throw footballs into tight windows that are moving across the field in a way that defenders can't reach, they have to make split second decisions of who to throw to. They also have to keep an eye on the play clock as well.

The QB is the most important position in Football. They are Team Leader.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 22:53   Link #1154
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Speaking of QBs, at least Andy Reid finally got hit with some inkling of common sense to put the ninja at QB once again, rather than the punching bag. I'm just wondering how many Philly fans are starting to regret trading away McNabb. Klob is most certainly NOT the future for Philly. He's way too squishy a target considering how bad our O-line is that we need someone that can pull things out of his ass like Vick does.
Old 2010-09-22, 23:17   Link #1155
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Speaking of QBs, at least Andy Reid finally got hit with some inkling of common sense to put the ninja at QB once again, rather than the punching bag. I'm just wondering how many Philly fans are starting to regret trading away McNabb. Klob is most certainly NOT the future for Philly. He's way too squishy a target considering how bad our O-line is that we need someone that can pull things out of his ass like Vick does.
This was the plan all along padawan...It was all about Vick, sure Reid likes Kolb, but getting McNahhb outta town was clearing the way for the eventuality that Vick might just return to his elite form (Minus dawg murdering ofcourse)...Kolb was the ultimate chess-piece protecting the Queen(Vick's a Queen WTF^^)...If he could take control of the board, fine, no harm-no foul, but he was also there to take the hit that covers the Eagles a$$ in public relations for starting Vick verses the perceived backlash...Since the spin is he's being "forced" to play Vick (based on the O-line and Vick's re-ninjutsu the last few games), there is no rational hating that can be done on Vick...Only Reid can take the hit, and he has amble bellyfat to deflect...Well played Eagles, like I wouldn't figure it out^^...

@ The Saints Haters -
That's the dumbest argument...If team A loses their star QB, they won't be as good....Like duh, dur-duh-dur...That goes for every team...But the Saints wouldn't fall apart, trust...We got Brees Jr. (5-11 Chase Daniels who yall don't know $hit about who is a Brees clone) and we'd win some games...But yeah stop being impressed with yourselves for short-bus analysis...

GEAUX SAINTS
Old 2010-09-22, 23:22   Link #1156
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
This was the plan all along padawan...It was all about Vick, sure Reid likes Kolb, but getting McNahhb outta town was clearing the way for the eventuality that Vick might just return to his elite form (Minus dawg murdering ofcourse)...Kolb was the ultimate chess-piece protecting the Queen(Vick's a Queen WTF^^)...If he could take control of the board, fine, no harm-no foul, but he was also there to take the hit that covers the Eagles a$$ in public relations for starting Vick verses the perceived backlash...Since the spin is he's being "forced" to play Vick (based on the O-line and Vick's re-ninjutsu the last few games), there is no rational hating that can be done on Vick...Only Reid can take the hit, and he has amble bellyfat to deflect...Well played Eagles, like I wouldn't figure it out^^...
I too knew Vick was going to start for this season Kolb was bad but arrogance plays alot in Philly. Sure Eagles love to alienate their fans lately and apparently that crap has to stop immediately.
Old 2010-09-23, 06:49   Link #1157
Nosauz

LOL, Chase Daniels... k. Saints Fans are the most pompus, and ludicrous fans on the planet. They have one winning season, 1 superbowl and they think they have a dynasty. I just don't get. Pats Fans were never this obnoxious and they won 3 fucking superbowls in 5 years, with no over hyped running backs or allstar wide recievers. I just don't get where all this bravado is coming from? Saints Fans are so obnoxious, I mean remember when you guys "buried" the old saints, how'd that turn out, oh right you went 2-0 and then 5-11 overall. God you guys sound like you have a dynasty like indy that is a prennial play off team ever since peyton manning has started. You guys are worse than console fanboys.
Old 2010-09-23, 09:10   Link #1158
Highman

Quote:
LOL, Chase Daniels... k. Saints Fans are the most pompus, and ludicrous fans on the planet. They have one winning season, 1 superbowl and they think they have a dynasty. I just don't get. Pats Fans were never this obnoxious and they won 3 fucking superbowls in 5 years, with no over hyped running backs or allstar wide recievers. I just don't get where all this bravado is coming from? Saints Fans are so obnoxious, I mean remember when you guys "buried" the old saints, how'd that turn out, oh right you went 2-0 and then 5-11 overall. God you guys sound like you have a dynasty like indy that is a prennial play off team ever since peyton manning has started. You guys are worse than console fanboys.
Protip: ESPN is hype material and I can sense your already close to the bandwagon son.
Old 2010-09-23, 10:10   Link #1159
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Protip: ESPN is hype material and I can sense your already close to the bandwagon son.
Protip #1: you don't know jackshit about me, bandwagon ain't even near here.

Protip #2: the next time you talk/quote me I won't see it.

Protip #3: Learn about the game you watch.
Old 2010-09-23, 13:20   Link #1160
Highman

Quote:
Protip #1: you don't know jackshit about me, bandwagon ain't even near here.

Protip #2: the next time you talk/quote me I won't see it.

Protip #3: Learn about the game you watch.
Protip #4: Learn to use sarcasm buddy

and Protip #5: Philly and New Orleans are the worse fans in the US today and sometimes easily irritated.

So If I were you just use number four don't sweat the small stuff.

Tags
american football, sports