AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 17:51   Link #2461
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
Having a nice amount of gain/overdrive/distortion will help too, as well as having a guitar with humbuckers. Just keep practising them regularly and you will get the hang of them ;D They just develop over time.
Old 2013-04-03, 07:16   Link #2462
ChihiroAoi
Yamada

@trenton_dawn and BigSmokeDawg

Thanks a lot ;D ...really thanks a lot ;D it really helps me ^^ I didn't know that it is kind of harmonic

Note : I thought when I watching the video it was easy ..haha ..when I play my guitar then follow the tutorial :shocks: its somehow really complicated haha...I think I need to put more attention in this ^^

Thanks!
ChihiroAoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 09:23   Link #2463
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
@Chihiro
Believe me I went through the same thing with BigSmoke and trenton. At first, I had a very difficult time just to pull off a single pinch harmonic.

Practice with very high gain first as BigSmoke suggested. I think the key here is to keep just a small part of the pick protruding from your thumb and index finger. This way it's easier for the flesh of your thumb (the side) to slightly touch the string while it's ringing.

Do it slowly at first. Once you're able to produce consistent pinch harmonics, it's time to test in on "only my railgun". Btw, it's one of my favorite song. The solo's very difficult (I only improvise it whenever I try to play it)

EDIT: Oh I forgot. For your pinch harmonic to be very effective and emotional, you need vibrato.
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 10:56   Link #2464
ChihiroAoi
Yamada

@deng17

Thanks..I'll keep that in my mind ^^ btw..do you have your guitar cover for only my railgun ? I want to watch it
Old 2013-04-04, 13:35   Link #2465
deng17
Sylpheed

Too bad I can't do a cover if I don't get all the parts right yet. My current skill isn't enough to play the solo yet ><
Old 2013-04-05, 04:43   Link #2466
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Uhmmm... I've been tinkering with my setup... I am basing the tone from the guitar tone from 4 songs (these is 2 of them). I'm trying to achieve an overdriven/Distorted rhythm tome which is often used in K-On songs. And this is where I stood now...

https://soundcloud.com/lightmusicban...o-maniac-setup

Could you give any tips/suggestions to improve this setup? (except for a new guitar. Man, I need a new guitar). Don't mind the bad playing though, it's been a while since I last used my guitar (last time was December last year). Need to regain my callouses...

@Gitarisuto, scans were provided by some people from this thread. Unfortunately, a lot of them don't seem to login anymore. But I think Trenton had scans from Honey Sweet and Joyful Todays... but IDK...
Old 2013-04-05, 05:43   Link #2467
ChihiroAoi
Yamada

too bad haha btw I watched your god knows v2 cover ..here's my comment :
I found a problem in the intro part but the rest is great ;D

Last edited by ChihiroAoi; 2013-04-05 at 11:19.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:58   Link #2468
trenton_dawn
Silt

@Gitarisuto:
I dunno, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be an A-minor and the score is just wrong. The synth parts are all playing A minor or Am7, and when I try playing A Major there it sounds a little dissonant.

I have the book containing "Joyful Todays" and SirSlarty's scan of Honey Sweet Tea Time but not any of the others. I'll see about getting them out when I get home from work. Unfortunately SirSlarty isn't around anymore so we don't have any other source of scans from Let's Music 3. Also, both of our scans are just camera pictures of the book so they can be pretty hard to read sometimes, sorry.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 20:54   Link #2469
deng17
Sylpheed

@LightMusicBand
I think you'll need a thinner tone.
Old 2013-04-15, 19:42   Link #2470
P90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmokeDawg View Post

This is my rig! I use a Fender Mustang with a Blackstar HT-5R and a EHX Big **** Pi. I mic it up with a Samson Q7, which is running into my Line 6 UX2 interface. I've also just ordered a Marshall Echohead delay pedal lol. I use the fuzz infront of my amp's OD for my lead tone, but all my rhythm stuff comes from the amp. Settings are as follows:

ISF (Feature unique to this amp, basically a tone knob) - 2 o'clock
Treble - 3 o'clock
Middle - 1 o'clock
Bass - 12 o'clock
Gain - 12 o'clock

Then I use a tiny bit of reverb to make notes last a little longer.

Your tone sounds pretty close! I think maybe you have a tiny bit too much gain though. Best way to get the K-on! tone I think is to roll off on the gain a bit to make it nice and crunchy.
I'm using an ESP ltd EC-1000T with Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro IIs. I have a Blackstar HT-5 (10 inch Celestion G10N-40) and your settings are quite similar to mine:

ISF- 2:00
Treble-2:00
Middle-10:30
Bass-12:30
Gain-11:00
P90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 22:25   Link #2471
ChihiroAoi
Yamada

anyone knows what kind of effects is this ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg5Hg2mno5c

is this what you called "clean" or jazz ?
and what drive did I need to use to have a same sound in the video ? ( I only have zoom g1x pedals ...I tried some experimenting but still I can't make a same sound )
Old 2013-04-19, 08:50   Link #2472
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChihiroAoi View Post
anyone knows what kind of effects is this ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg5Hg2mno5c

is this what you called "clean" or jazz ?
and what drive did I need to use to have a same sound in the video ? ( I only have zoom g1x pedals ...I tried some experimenting but still I can't make a same sound )
That sounds like a regular clean tone. Find a nice clean tone and use a Compressor on it (That's how it sounds so "snappy") However, that technique is all about how you play. You have to really practise to get the mutes to come out like that. It's my primary style of playing! lol
Old 2013-04-19, 13:28   Link #2473
trenton_dawn
Silt

On a G1 series pedal I would accomplish that by using the Fd drive model and turning compression up to 6 or 7. Turn the gain down a lot, to maybe like 5 or so. I find that dropping the lows and boosting mid and treble a little can make it more punchy, if that's your thing. Either way, your EQ settings can have a really big effect so experiment a little.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 07:36   Link #2474
ChihiroAoi
Yamada

@bigsmoke at trenton

- Thanks c: somehow I have the same sound

Note : but strumming pattern/skill like that is not my style >.< its hard for me x
Old 2013-08-02, 12:24   Link #2475
deng17
Sylpheed

I'm planning to go back on doing video covers but I do not have a camera.

Does a cheap (or moderately priced) webcam work? At least it should not look like it's staggering (30fps).
Old 2013-08-05, 13:42   Link #2476
Xarasas

Hey everyone!
I'm looking for the tabs of the solo Sawako is playing on the wedding, right before they play LOVE. S2 EP10 if anyone wonders. Heres a youtube cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohamithink

Sadly i cant find the tabs and only two covers of this. Would be great if anyone here could help me
Xarasas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 18:11   Link #2477
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deng17 View Post
I'm planning to go back on doing video covers but I do not have a camera.

Does a cheap (or moderately priced) webcam work? At least it should not look like it's staggering (30fps).
I use a webcam and it works fine Logitech C510 I think (It's HD and does 30fp)
Old 2013-08-06, 22:14   Link #2478
deng17
Sylpheed

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. (Still need to save up for it, my wallet is running dry XD)
Old 2013-08-10, 10:01   Link #2479
deng17
Sylpheed

Has anyone tried multitrack layering? I think it's pretty effective to make it sound more studio-like (wide).

Here's something I tried:
https://soundcloud.com/xylph/guren-no-yumiya
https://soundcloud.com/xylph/oath-si...i-instrumental
https://soundcloud.com/xylph/pride-scandal

Last edited by deng17; 2013-08-14 at 11:26.
Old 2013-09-17, 08:56   Link #2480
BigFanKon

Unhappy

Hello I'm a huge fan k-on and i'm guessing that i'm not the only one but I need some help finding some stores in europe with the product "k-on official band score part 2 "
or some websites wich can help me find it ,i woud be so dissapointed if i find out that i couldnt buy it anymore because it wouldn't be in the stock .Sorry for my english if I wrote anything wrong but i would appreciate if somebody tell me where can i find websites with this product and many more (and if there is especially in europa to send in Romania)
BigFanKon is offline   Reply With Quote