AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-21, 14:23   Link #11281
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Thank you kindly. But to be honest Chinese poetry is super easy to write.

Damnit, I wanted to see them rage. Not a word from them.
Also, Chengguan aren't KGB at all, they're more like Sturmabteliung if even that. In one case two of them were killed by a street vendor armed with a fruit knife, and that was after they'd already beaten him to the ground.

...I was going to offer to help you grind the line, but now I fear for my WR.
CHAI's English is actually terrible. You can see just from that one line in the rage PM. They try to hard to mask their bad English with internet abbreviations such as never spelling out "you" and "your"(a LOT of Chinese players do that btw, they think not spelling everything out makes them sound more "native" and "cool" and "natural"). But they never go all the way either. In my opinion, once you start spelling like "so u wid ur honey n den da fone rings", people would ACTUALLY consider you to be more native than if you spelled everything right except for a few like "ur". Our very own KT puts them all to shame

Yeah I know the analogy wasn't precise, but that's like the tl;dr version for our arty's curiosity.

I've witnessed the group CHAI is based on when I was a kid. They basically just ransacked the street vendors on the street I passed by for sham excuses like "we didn't issue you a license". A vendor actually kneeled to those people and begged for the stuff back because if he didn't finish selling them for money his family would starve for the night. All he got was a good beating from 3 batons.

Freaking ridiculous that WG allows this kind of BS to be in the game but oh god forbid if anyone named himself after a German general that's NOT Erwin Rommel. I know a guy named himself Manstein and he was still banned.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 16:42   Link #11282
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

LOL unicum getting banned for the faillowe code joke.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....-left/#topmost

The butthurt is delicious. All he could do is cry and neg rep.

It's funny how some people can have this tiny of a brain while having good stats in this game. He deserves every bit of that ban for being a moron, risking his account for some "trolling" like a teen who just discovered reddit or something.
Old 2013-12-21, 17:07   Link #11283
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
CHAI's English is actually terrible. You can see just from that one line in the rage PM. They try to hard to mask their bad English with internet abbreviations such as never spelling out "you" and "your"(a LOT of Chinese players do that btw, they think not spelling everything out makes them sound more "native" and "cool" and "natural"). But they never go all the way either. In my opinion, once you start spelling like "so u wid ur honey n den da fone rings", people would ACTUALLY consider you to be more native than if you spelled everything right except for a few like "ur". Our very own KT puts them all to shame
I almost never spell out "you" and "your"...

Quote:
Yeah I know the analogy wasn't precise, but that's like the tl;dr version for our arty's curiosity.

I've witnessed the group CHAI is based on when I was a kid. They basically just ransacked the street vendors on the street I passed by for sham excuses like "we didn't issue you a license". A vendor actually kneeled to those people and begged for the stuff back because if he didn't finish selling them for money his family would starve for the night. All he got was a good beating from 3 batons.
The chengguan can get away with it because they were essentially created IIRC to defend the ability of big business to "develop" property. A few months ago I wrote an article about how in Qingdao they zergrushed a freaking PLA building, forced the guys on duty out, and then sat around while their bulldozer leveled the establishment. Funny stuff.

Quote:
Freaking ridiculous that WG allows this kind of BS to be in the game but oh god forbid if anyone named himself after a German general that's NOT Erwin Rommel. I know a guy named himself Manstein and he was still banned.
What it pretty much shows is that some governments actually pass laws that force people to denounce national crimes, while others would rather people see such things as heroic. WG just has to obey the laws.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 17:10   Link #11284
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
LOL unicum getting banned for the faillowe code joke.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....-left/#topmost

The butthurt is delicious. All he could do is cry and neg rep.

It's funny how some people can have this tiny of a brain while having good stats in this game. He deserves every bit of that ban for being a moron, risking his account for some "trolling" like a teen who just discovered reddit or something.
I'm waiting for his forum account to receive the same treatment.
Old 2013-12-21, 17:12   Link #11285
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I'm waiting for his forum account to receive the same treatment.
Anyone with a Stalin avatar deserves no sympathy from me right off the bat. Not to mention that he actually did commit a crime by making people pay him gold for the "faillowe codes".
Old 2013-12-21, 22:00   Link #11286
GirlsScareMeOK
不死川 心 <3

My friends were laughing about that but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought that was ridiculously juvenile.

Do people still like amx50b for cw? I think its cooler than the t57 but I'd like to grind for one "CW" tank
Old 2013-12-21, 22:44   Link #11287
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Seriously, this thing is broken, and WG knows it.

Spoiler for Biased Russian Steel:

Also have the replay if somebody wants to see it.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 01:04   Link #11288
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I took a break after a highly productive, winrate-padding session platooning with our clanmate Drac across the tier spectrum -- he's quite a good player and another one of Sumeragi's "kidnapping victims" (), by the way. Then I skipped back in, figured I wanted to play a few Patton games, and boom, Mastery Badge. That was unexpected.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It was a six match session, five Patton, one Pershing. I lost 2 Patton games (one where I killed 5 out of 8 enemy tanks), but did excellent for all six matches, with kills and high damage to my name. The difference between scrub-Patton and Golden Patton? I let somebody else go first and took flanking routes. That's all.

I actually think the Mastery Badge game is less spectacular than a game I had in the Patton long ago, where I did just shy of 5k damage in an assault on Siegfried as I sped around everywhere loose in the city's alley and just kept shooting people's butt and ran away before they could react.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 02:18   Link #11289
Gravitas Free Zone

Despite the potato salad this weekend, the x2 bonus has gotten me the Type 58, FV304, and AMX M4 45 unlocked today. Though I had to turn off looking at my performance numbers because they were being severely hurt by the SPG games. High ROF SPGs encourage spam...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 03:15   Link #11290
GirlsScareMeOK
不死川 心 <3

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....op-offer-ever/

DON'T MISS THIS 'SALE'
Old 2013-12-22, 03:55   Link #11291
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

I hope the guy didn't really spend 100 dollars to buy 10 gold for every one of his clan mates just for laughs. Well, if he did, that's a pretty good joke. The absurdity is amusing.
Old 2013-12-22, 07:56   Link #11292
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
god forbid if anyone named himself after a German general that's NOT Erwin Rommel.
rommel was a war criminal and a terrorist, he tried to assassinate a democratically elected leader
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 08:01   Link #11293
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Seriously, this thing is broken, and WG knows it.

Spoiler for Biased Russian Steel:

Also have the replay if somebody wants to see it.
yes it's pretty retarded when you're top tier, but it doesn't have preferential matchmaking so for every game you can run around giggling and oneshotting people every 7 seconds there's also one where you are up against ten tier 9's so you have trouble penning things even with gold and there are a lot of things that can oneshot you
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 10:25   Link #11294
LeoXiao
思想工作

Some Russian guys came up with a statistical analysis of the ingame tanks measuring their OP/UPness, apparently WG has looked at this with interest. It would potentially reduce the judgement time from a year to a few weeks.

As it turns out, the "Vaffel'trakher E100", Foch, KV-1S, and Rheinmetall are all very OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
rommel was a war criminal and a terrorist, he tried to assassinate a democratically elected leader
Not really democratically elected, he just bitch-slapped Hindenburg into letting him be Chancellor.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-12-22 at 10:39.
Old 2013-12-22, 10:44   Link #11295
Gravitas Free Zone

A few pages back I was actually thinking of the exact statistical analysis that they did: Seeing which tanks make average players a little better, and very good players into the Hot-Handed God of Cops.

Gotta say the deviations on the WTE and KV-1S are hilariously huge. ("Working as planned.")

(And yes, I like typing out the literal English translation of the title of Hard Boiled.)
Old 2013-12-22, 10:51   Link #11296
Blaat

I found out about those graphs last night, you can see more of them here.

M3 Lee is very UP (who would have thought that?!) and the KV-220 is the most OP tank in game.
Old 2013-12-22, 10:54   Link #11297
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I found out about those graphs last night, you can see more of them here.
The Hellcat is off the charts.

The Lowe apparently gets worse the better you are.
Old 2013-12-22, 11:11   Link #11298
Blaat

Hellcat being off the chart is not surprising, it's the most OP tier 6 tank in game.

E75 and T-44 are very balanced. I'm surprised that the T49 isn't as OP as the hellcat, I'm guessing that the unforgivable nature of the T49 hinders it.

Anyway I hope he adds more charts.
Old 2013-12-22, 11:14   Link #11299
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm surprised that the T49 isn't as OP as the hellcat, I'm guessing that the unforgivable nature of the T49 hinders it.
Unforgivable nature: The Hellcat can't quite be one-shot by things at its tier; the T49 has to deal with quite a bit of 350-damage derp guns.
Old 2013-12-22, 11:18   Link #11300
Blaat

Not to mention higher tier tanks, a T49 suddenly facing a KV-1S tend to be a very short encounter. The hellcat's turret can also be trollish at times.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks