AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-20, 14:10   Link #201
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
It's in next generation of mobile suit, of course it'll be ridiculously armed.
The Ahead was more advanced than the GN-XIII, but was probably less armed than they were.
Old 2011-01-20, 14:22   Link #202
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The Ahead was more advanced than the GN-XIII, but was probably less armed than they were.
Aside from the the spear, you can equip anything to AHead too.

Also, it's different this time, the new units that were appearing and being developed are promising not only MS capabilities/maneuverability, etc, but also the armaments. If the Brave wants to compete with them, it was to have weapons too.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 14:34   Link #203
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Aside from the the spear, you can equip anything to AHead too.
I'm talking about the main body.
Old 2011-01-20, 15:05   Link #204
kakakka

Then they are about the same...

Anyway, off topic. Sorry if I dragged this on
Old 2011-01-20, 15:11   Link #205
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Anyway, off topic. Sorry if I dragged this on
Technically JC dragged it on.
Old 2011-01-20, 20:46   Link #206
GundamFan

I just hope they don't go over board with the aliens in Gundam you know like start including them in all future AU or have them in the UC.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:48   Link #207
kakakka

I really doubt its going to be in UC. At this point, it just doesn't feel right for the timeline. Though, it might be okay if it's far away UC?

AU might built something close to aliens.
Old 2011-01-21, 02:55   Link #208
JiPrime
En Taro Tassadar!

I like the idea of Aliens in Gundam franchise, but they should definitely stay out from UC.
Old 2011-01-21, 15:03   Link #209
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiPrime View Post
I like the idea of Aliens in Gundam franchise, but they should definitely stay out from UC.
I'm not really against aliens in Gundam either I just hope we don't see them in more then every other Gundam AU from here on out.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 01:01   Link #210
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The problem as I see it, is that in order to feature aliens in a Gundam universe, one really has to go around cutting corners in order in make the existence of aliens justified. Gundam is about a small corner of the universe, dealing with situations we are familiar with and understand. It is not about exploration, or discovering the unknown, that had, at least for me, never been the spirit of Gundam. It is about human drama. Sure, some of those drama gets redundant, trite and even unendurable, but at the end, its about character interactions and human drama.

To have Aliens fit this preset framework, creators would be hard-pressed to find something that would be satisfactory. Unless of course, Gundam is changed into something else entirely, meaning it would have to find a new direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
The ELS to me represents another new possibility, not just more war and angst. They are a "true" alien race, not some human look alike from other anime like Macross.
I beg to differ, the recent Macross Frontier featured an alien specie not entirely unlike the ELS encountered in 00. Just... scarier.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-01-26 at 01:14.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 14:11   Link #211
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As was recently brought to our attention, the ELS have encountered numerous forms of life in the universe, and were kind enough to give us very brief glimpses of them when Setsuna initiated contact.

I've taken the liberty to screenshot them. I present to you... the other aliens in the Gundam franchise.

Some of them are hard to tell due to the QBW distortion effect. Also, one of them is dead but left bones behind, which is evidence that there was once a living creature there. A couple of the scenes were also in the intro. A couple more are also cellular life.
Old 2011-04-23, 18:16   Link #212
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I think the correct wording is, "other aliens that were in the Gundam franchise".

I figure after coming into contact with the ELS, they uh...aren't around anymore...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 00:37   Link #213
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I wonder if most of them are collectives? The ELS appear to be quite surprised of the individualistic humans afterall. Thanks RD.

I still find the fact that the ELS mimicked human actions of fighting back to be quite funny (as opposed to be an actual reaction from them). They also appear to be other lifeforms out there that the ELS know about (the ESF got the data on the location of them from the ELS but concluded the probability of them passing Earth to be zero according to the Senki Core Fighter chapter) but they still exist.

I wonder if there are any space whales among those screenshots?
Old 2011-04-25, 00:39   Link #214
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I still find the fact that the ELS mimicked human actions of fighting back to be quite funny (as opposed to be an actual reaction from them).
They probably thought it was our way of saying "Hello".
Old 2011-04-25, 00:46   Link #215
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
They probably thought it was our way of saying "Hello".
You know what's funny, that notion actually makes perfect sense. Never thought of it like that before, it really puts the word alien in aliens. Makes you wonder whether the ESF shooting down the Europa was interpreted as a hello to them and they thought they start fighting and assimilating us back just to be courteous.
Old 2011-04-25, 00:58   Link #216
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Number 7 is the closest those have to space whales, but there might be some out there.
Old 2011-04-25, 01:19   Link #217
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

No sign of vastly intelligent life yet, but the galaxy is a big place. For all we know the ELS could of covered like...10% of the galaxy.

They should really give us a chart on where their planet is, and where they went.
Old 2011-04-25, 01:44   Link #218
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
No sign of vastly intelligent life yet, but the galaxy is a big place. For all we know the ELS could of covered like...10% of the galaxy.

They should really give us a chart on where their planet is, and where they went.
Thats what they did. The ESF got those data on all the places they visited and other lifeforms out there that they found and even some out more out there. As I said, it was mentioned in the Core Fighter Senki chapter.
Old 2011-04-25, 01:49   Link #219
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

No, I mean like a chart, for us the fans to look at. A map of the Milky Way, and locations the ELS went.
Old 2011-04-25, 03:27   Link #220
JC...
I am a Pie

Is it possible that the ELS had visited earth before humans came about? One of those creatures looks like a prehistoric rhino-like creature.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote