AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-18, 08:48   Link #61
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I feel like Kanako needs Yumi more than Touko does.
In a way, I think you are right. In another way, I think Touko needs someone like Yumi just as much. It's true that Touko is more forceful and outgoing, but while we have not seen a lot of her outside of her interactions with Yumi and Sachiko, I suspect that she may be a very lonely person. She just doesn't seem like the type to make friends, and I think Yumi could help her with that. Still, no mater which of them ends up with Yumi's rosary, it's not like Yumi with forget about the other one.

Quote:
And speaking of Yoshino... I wonder what the dynamics of the yamayurikai will be when she becomes Rosa Foetida? Youko and Sachiko after her were the undisputed leaders in their times, but how will it be next year?
Regarding the Yamayurikai, I think that Youko ran things by default in a lot of ways. Not that she wasn't competant and suitable, but becuase Eriko and Sei were just not suited for it. I actually think in the current group, that Rei and Sachiko are much more "co-leaders" of the Yamayurikai. Certainly Rei has taken the lead on more than one occasion.

In the future Yamayurikai, I could see Yoshino and Yumi complementing each other. I think that Yoshino has demonstrated more organizational skills, but Yumi seems much more adept at people skills.
Old 2007-06-18, 09:00   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, I think they've both got people skills. Yumi can be the velvet glove. Yoshino will be the iron fist...

And it's true Touko doesn't look like she has any close friends (I wonder how she gets along with her drama club friends?), but she doesn't look like she needs them either.
Old 2007-06-18, 09:25   Link #63
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I think Noriko get kind like Touko but toward Kanako she felt she was just another class mate. She really had no opinion of whether she dislike her or like she just didn't know her.
Old 2007-06-18, 10:48   Link #64
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Oh, Touko does need Yumi.
Spoiler for Touko:

Last edited by niwasatou; 2007-06-19 at 03:24.
Old 2007-06-18, 12:10   Link #65
Ronja
making the flowers grow;)

If only you would spoil it...
Old 2007-06-18, 20:44   Link #66
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Not to spoil thing here but not all thing are good for Kanako at home either. Touko does have family she can go to even is she does not to talk about her home life. Kanako has always been refer to as loner. Any case I am sure both need Yumi but which will Yumi choose.
Old 2007-06-19, 02:48   Link #67
limedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
Yamayuri has release their Sub for the 4th OVA of Marimite.
Thanks for saying :] I can't wait to wait to watch this XD From the spoilers it seems interesting
Old 2007-06-19, 09:28   Link #68
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

That was great!Best OVA....Ï almost died laughing,it was non-stop comedy.

Sachiko-sama in uniform si so cool. And the red team cheering squad...;was hum.....really beautiful

Oh And Shimako's father was hilarious.
Old 2007-06-19, 09:48   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh? Am I the only one who liked it least among the OVAs?

(And while Sachiko did look good in gakuran, the cheer itself was boring. I understand why they ended up last.)
Old 2007-06-19, 10:44   Link #70
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

All the other had an obsolutely cheesy second half,IMO.This one doesn't.So it's for me it's the best.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:37   Link #71
4Tran

Right now, I'd venture that Rei is the actual leader of the yamayurikai. While Sachiko is the one that needs to be convinced to go along with everyone else, she lacks the initiative to be much of a leader. I think of her more as the trouble student that everyone else has to accommodate. Moreover, Sachiko needs Yumi's approval for all sorts of little things, and it serves to erode any leadership aspirations she might have. Next year, the leader will probably be Shimako - while she's less forceful than the others, the way she's behaved in the OVAs indicates that she's learned a lot, become far more comfortable with herself, and has a lot of initiative to boot. While Yumi is very good at dealing with Sachiko and Yoshino has a very assertive personality, neither of them radiate the leadership aura that Shimako does.

As the opening monologue suggests, at Lillian High School, doing things slowly is preferred, and that applies as well to walking as it does to leadership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh? Am I the only one who liked it least among the OVAs?
While episodes 2 and 3 are better than this one, it's still stronger than the first OVA episode. As far as I'm concerned, the Marimite OVAs are better than anything currently airing despite all the great shows on right now.
Old 2007-06-20, 00:18   Link #72
da-xia

i enjoyed this episode.. especially shimako in her lil japanese dance outfit
Old 2007-06-20, 07:22   Link #73
ashe
くぽ!

oh boy, only down to one ova.. wish they could stretch it further. post-anime depression just around the corner.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:44   Link #74
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

There was so much happenning in this ova that I forgot about this scene but, it really moved me: when Yoshino ran the hakama race, and Yumi recalled Yoshino's words before her heart surgery... it moved me to tears T__T hontou ni yokatta ne, yoshino-san!

They didn't put he scene where Yumi asks Shimako how it was to hold the basket... I was looking forward to that T_T

I can't wait to see Shizuka-sama again, in the next ova !

Last edited by Noriko; 2007-06-20 at 13:20.
Old 2007-06-20, 17:05   Link #75
dxanato

another missing scene no here is when Yumi spot some one but she can recall who she is. She then find angry Yoshino who had running with Eriko.Eriko has her when she would meet Yoshino Petite Souer.

Edit:

Rather than double post here. I just found this clip in youtube.com. I though I would share with all here. Interview with 3 of the Seiyuu They talk about OVA and the upcoming OVA.

Last edited by dxanato; 2007-06-20 at 20:00.
Old 2007-06-21, 05:57   Link #76
phantom_ryder

[QUOTE=dxanato;1003479]another missing scene no here is when Yumi spot some one but she can recall who she is. She then find angry Yoshino who had running with Eriko.Eriko has her when she would meet Yoshino Petite Souer. QUOTE]

Gah! I read about this part too... I really wanted to see it!
Old 2007-06-21, 13:47   Link #77
arleen3

Hi, I got this link with the lastest OVA that hsa ENglish subtiles :
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showmedia?id=90475

Please let me know if this is a good translation in English.
Old 2007-06-26, 03:39   Link #78
xyber9x
Maria watches Over Us

find the 4th OVA

pls search at wikipedia / any search engine Ok HAHAHA
Old 2007-07-01, 00:38   Link #79
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Title image for the next OVA is up:
Spoiler for Episode 5:

Going back to Episode 4 and who would be the next Yamayurikai leader. I personally think Yumi would be the one. Shimako is the current Rosa Gigantea and I think she would hand the title over to Noriko. The Roses are decided by vote and I don't think Shimako will push Noriko, since Noriko is already a dependable Bouton. Yoshino, although she displays good leadership skills I think she is more like Sachiko; a difficult opponent when she's opposing you, but too volatile to be a center figure. Yumi is quite good at managing people and an excellent glue figure, she keeps people together.

About Kanako vs Touko, I've been spoiled by reading the novels, so I shouldn't comment much further.
Spoiler for From the novel:

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-07-01 at 01:17. Reason: Adding comments
Old 2007-07-22, 19:27   Link #80
silverstri

sorry but kinda confused..OVA and series is the same or different?
I've already watched the 1st season of marimite so that one is considered 1st OVA? then I watched Marimite Haru so what is that, the 2nd OVA? And then another Marimite about this one junior girl obsessed with Yumi is the 3rd OVA? And last about the Panda is the 4th OVA? And this upcoming is the 5th?
Heee sorry again..