AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-24, 11:50   Link #281
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
@izmosmolnar
OH MY GOD... SORAMIMIS FTW!! XDDDDD
Old 2009-07-24, 14:15   Link #282
NeoWorm

When I found SillyHats videos I was so stupid that I didnt downloaded them, isnt there anyone who have them downloaded and can upload them somewhere, or just send them to me? They are the most funny Umineko related videos I know and I want to watch them again.

In exchange - not directly a Umineko related but just listen to the lyrics.

Maybe I will make an AMV later.
Old 2009-07-24, 15:57   Link #283
Nih

I think SillyHat Productions might be afraid of copyright and the way Ryuukishi would feel about their parodies. But I hear all of the videos are backed up somewhere, just in case. Perhaps a miracle will occur after all.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:02   Link #284
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nih View Post
I think SillyHat Productions might be afraid of copyright and the way Ryuukishi would feel about their parodies. But I hear all of the videos are backed up somewhere, just in case. Perhaps a miracle will occur after all.
I don't think Ryuukishi would mind that much. Looking at the letter he sent to WH he was very happy that Umineko had such a fan base overseas. That's just what I think though~
Old 2009-07-24, 16:09   Link #285
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
If I remember right Ryukishi has stated that he dont care about what you do with his work as long at it still is about umineko, (but I cant remember if it was the same case with he music and sound effects)
Old 2009-07-24, 16:12   Link #286
Joxanne
I am a walrus :D

...Yes I had the same reaction ._.

"Somebody actually did this!?"
Old 2009-07-24, 16:12   Link #287
Nih

I can't remember either, but I see many other people doing it now, so it should be fine.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:19   Link #288
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Just something quick I made while being bothered because of Kanon's voice, just listen closely.
It's something I made for showing off how "good" Kanon sounds, IMO. Of course with the help of Beato^^
I used voice examples from the second Drama CD in the beginning so people who have a good ear might get a little bit spoiled (even so I only used small clips and not so important scenes) It also contains clips of the forth anime episode
Spoiler for really tiny spoilers, except if you speak japanese than it's a real spoiler:

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-07-24 at 18:18.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:25   Link #289
NeoWorm

Quote:
Link? Pretty please.

By the way I also read that everything except music in Umineko is under Creative Common licence, so it can be reused as long as it isnt sold. I like this approach.
Old 2009-07-24, 17:59   Link #290
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Just something quick I made while being bothered because of Kanon's voice, just listen closely.
It's something I made for showing off how "good" Kanon sounds, IMO. Of course with the help of Beato^^
I used voice examples from the second Drama CD in the beginning so people who have a good ear might get a little bit spoiler (even so I only used small clips and not so important scenes) It also contains clips of the forth anime episode
Spoiler for really tiny spoilers, except if you speak japanese than it's a real spoiler:
Lol. I swear I really didn't notice. I thought it was the usual Kanon XD

Old 2009-07-24, 18:03   Link #291
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I intended that xD

That's the reason I "can't stand" Kanon's voice, me as a Setsuna fans directly thinks of her while hearing that voice. Well both want to protect their "Milady" but still...

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-07-24 at 18:35.
Old 2009-07-24, 18:06   Link #292
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, Kobayashi yuu has the knack for certain characters but indeed, when she uses her tomboy/boy voice, it is all the same... You might understand if you check out Saki or Maria Holic
But I believe she is a bit more convincing as Kanon than as Satoshi.
Old 2009-07-24, 22:25   Link #293
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I don't recall seeing this on these boards yet, and since this comparison has been made before:

Old 2009-07-24, 22:25   Link #294
luckyssol

Spoiler for VN Episode 3 fight scene:

Spoiler for secret weapon:
Old 2009-07-25, 14:00   Link #295
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWorm View Post
Link? Pretty please.

By the way I also read that everything except music in Umineko is under Creative Common licence, so it can be reused as long as it isnt sold. I like this approach.
From Sonozaki Futagotachi: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...59242685624428

Actually, we did get an email reply from BT of 07th-Expansion, which said that he's impressed and grateful that we're translating the Higurashi PC games into English and allowing them to be enjoyed by a wider audience, similar to the message that Witch Hunt got. So we basically have their approval to continue this project, and we're happy to be able to do so.

However, it turns out that we didn't really need their permission or official recognition to do this project. We found out from chronotrig, at the Witch Hunt Umineko translation project, that they actually consider translation groups like ours to be doing 'derivative works' (二次創作). They address groups who do such works at the top of the FAQ (よくある質問) page at the 07th-Expansion website. I suggest you check the original Japanese more carefully for the details, but in short Ryuukishi07 is allowing anyone to make derivative works based on his characters and story setting, within reason (he references an infamous Pokemon doujishi as an example of going too far). So long as you "do it with love" and take responsibility for what you produce as ultimately YOUR product and not theirs, they don't mind. Frankly, they've given a very generous gift to the rest of the doujinshi and fan-works community.

This goes beyond the usual idea of 'fanfiction' or 'fan-made manga' to also include use of the text and command script that he wrote, the character art that he drew, and the backgrounds that they devised - basically the parts that he owns the copyright on. This means that people can even make their own scenarios to use within the Higurashi game framework, like the outtakes we added ^^. Ryuukishi07 explains this in the second of these two forum posts here.

He also explains that this does NOT include the sound effects and music used in the games, which he used either by licensing or by permission of the owner/composer. He's not the copyright holder, so it's not his place to allow other people to use those. This is why we're particularly glad that our releases consist of small patches that contain only the translated script and a few translated images, which can be applied to the original game.
Old 2009-07-28, 18:09   Link #296
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

TahYllis (Silly Hat Productions) put their videos back up!! ^_^
Old 2009-07-28, 18:44   Link #297
mizou
Observer

it's a parody but it contains spoils from ep 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCNsB3VKapg <3 <3
Old 2009-07-28, 19:44   Link #298
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
TahYllis (Silly Hat Productions) put their videos back up!! ^_^
Not only that, but there's a new one up now!
Old 2009-07-29, 05:40   Link #299
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Indeed. That's SillyHat's new movie. Be warned, they contain major spoilers up to the end of GAME Episode4 (anime-only viewers shouldn't watch it):
Spoiler for part1:
Spoiler for part2:
Spoiler for part3:
Old 2009-07-29, 07:46   Link #300
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Indeed. That's SillyHat's new movie. Be warned, they contain major spoilers up to the end of GAME Episode4 (anime-only viewers shouldn't watch it):
Spoiler for part1:
Spoiler for part2:
Spoiler for part3:
Wahaha! That was great. "Battler-sama...YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!"

And I love how Ronove went out. xD
Closed Thread