AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-07, 10:34   Link #1
ZODDGUTS

Sankarea - 'A Zombie comedy romance manga'

Quote:
Furuya's obsessed with zombies. He collects any figurines, watches any movie, and plays any game with the living dead, and is even only interested in zombie girls. When his cat dies, Furuya begins trying to raise it from the dead using an ancient book of the occult he bought from a shop. But what will happen when he sees the idol of a nearby all girl's school walking close to where he conducts his experiment, wishing to die and be reborn as a different person?

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=49450

So far a pretty interesting manga. I'm liking the male lead Furuya, he has a cat like attitude you see what I mean heh. The female lead Sanka is more interesting though especially considering her disturbing life won't say more than that since it's a spoiler. In a span of two chapters you can see the two leads come to care and like each other, after ch 3 don't know where the series will go... will it be a romance comedy or a tragedy romance? maybe both. As you can tell by the artwork it's by manga-ka who did Neko Jump and Umisho. So expect interesting humor and colorful characters.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 11:01   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

It's interesting, alright. I actually disliked both Inu Neko Jump and Umisho. I didn't like her short-haired, perverted, somehow rather annoying lead girls very much at all, but the heroine here is quite, hm, different. It has potential to be both a morbid romantic comedy or an outright tragedy, one way or another, because of her drastic circumstances.

Said circumstances, though, annoyed me. I'm willing to forgive it for now as a necessary pace-setter, but it'd better be resolved soon, preferably bloodily if you know what I mean.

There are elements which I didn't care for very much in the manga -- Miss Extraneous Childhood Friend (who unfortunately looks and acts lot like the mangaka's earlier heroines), the annoying best friends (argh, the perverted friend cliché!), and that unfortunate thing about our heroine's life -- but I'm willing to stick this out for at least a few chapters because the romance in the first few chapters was pretty wonderfully done so far. Their romance's not very deep, yet, but it's sweet and plausible with its own Romeo & Juliet charm.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 11:14   Link #3
ReddyRedWolf

Well the fact Rea's father accidentally killed her and is hinted to be pedophile taking pictures of her sets him as the main antagonist of this story.

Its dark that Rea tried to commit suicide by poison just to escape her father locking her up from the outside world. Even her father ordering Furuya to be castrated if found makes him a mentally unhealthy person.

Oh anybody noticed Furuya's dad eating those poisonous leaves? There more to that guy than we think.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 12:12   Link #4
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
I rather like the dark undertone the main characters have--like a poster above, though, I find some of the minor characters seriously annoying. Like we need anymore childhood friends as hopeless romantic interests.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 00:10   Link #5
Wrath88
Kissing...

This series has gotten me. Though I wonder how much of a story can be obtained from it. Who's the third girl in that pic on the third chapter? One is Rea, the other is the cousin (self-called sister).
Old 2010-03-08, 00:42   Link #6
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I thought the art looks similar... but the artist/author actually was the same author of Concerto....

Can't really miss such unique eyes drawing....
Old 2010-03-08, 00:52   Link #7
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
This series has gotten me. Though I wonder how much of a story can be obtained from it. Who's the third girl in that pic on the third chapter? One is Rea, the other is the cousin (self-called sister).
That's he's real younger sister. Don't really mind the friends in this series they haven't been annoying yet. Wonder now that she's a zombie will she be able to heal? Otherwise she'll be walking around with her guts hanging out.
Old 2010-03-08, 00:54   Link #8
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Will this eventually turn into a zombie harem + incest...?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 01:07   Link #9
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Zombie harem? Ok that's quite unique and interesting...

No, i was lying. It's freaking scared me with that thought!!!
Old 2010-03-08, 05:33   Link #10
Nemesis

wel, lets see how this turn out, hope it is good.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 17:53   Link #11
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm really liking it so far. Hopefully it can balance out everything well enough.

Edit: Chapter 4 is scanlated. I haven't seen a plot like this before, so this is really interesting me.

Aside from that, SHE'S SO CUTE GAHHHHHHH! This is a really talented artist.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2010-03-17 at 20:31.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 21:26   Link #12
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Haha, the story amuses me so far. It's really interesting. Last time I've seen an undead chick that was on the good side was Makina from Shikabane Hime and that wasn't even a comedy. Well, I have hopes for this so I'll stick reading.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 21:51   Link #13
Wrath88
Kissing...

Well, the first adversity is quite predictable. What I'm more interested in is when the other girls find out.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-17, 21:52   Link #14
ZODDGUTS

So it looks like
Spoiler for ch 4:
Old 2010-03-17, 23:15   Link #15
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
So it looks like
Spoiler for ch 4:

pretty much, now we just need him to figure that out.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 00:00   Link #16
Greenish Growth

Chapter 4:
Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 01:26   Link #17
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Given that the plant is now established as zombie fuel one wonders what happens if they can eat so much that it brings them back to life.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 02:28   Link #18
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So.. her touch sense is now dead.. and she's no longer can feel hot or cold?

Ok... if those leafs do not bring her sense back, then our heroine will miss out lots of comforting moments....
Old 2010-03-18, 02:46   Link #19
cyberdemon

she'll lose out on a lot because that if they ever got intimate. Here's a question i have. Would it still be considered necrophilia if they did it?
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 02:57   Link #20
ZODDGUTS

Well it looks like she hasn't lost all of her sense of touch in a certain area implied in pg 18.

Anyways I think the leaves will put her close to normal 'alive' self but still be dead. The page covered in stained could play a part in reviving her though.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2010-03-18 at 10:55.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen, supernatural, zombie