4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.41%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-08, 18:12   Link #41
BakaOnna

That was an excellent episode. The footsteps were really freaky, esp. when Shion was in the Shrine and at the last few minutes of the episode. I think this episode had the same creepy aura as Onikakushi-hen, which I still think is the scariest arc. But one question, did Studio Deen purposely leave out the footsteps in the questions arc, since we've never seen Keiichi experience them in the anime, but it's in the TIPS and stuff? I think if they left the footsteps in, it'll be 5x as scary as it was. Anyway, with this episode, I can basically piece together the rest of Watanagashi-hen. On a final note, yay! Kei-chan is back!
Old 2006-08-08, 19:29   Link #42
Alu
Guide my hand...

Indeed a great episode

Much like following the previous one, slowly giving us answers and connections to the "why's" and "how's" of certain events in Watanagashi-hen.
The information given so far in Meakashi-hen has clearly given light to alot of doubts, and I have a feeling the best is still to come

Now to review the episode.., time for spoil-tags
Spoiler:

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Alu; 2006-08-08 at 19:40.
Old 2006-08-08, 21:26   Link #43
Eric the Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake
<3, LostBlue, get it done when you can. Quality > speed.
I agree. We'll be here waiting.. impatiently, but we’ll be waiting.

Oh, and thanks for doing the sub. You guys (the WIND crew) are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
All I can say is that I am absolutely shocked at how wrong this makes me. I literally am not sure that I believe this outcome so far.

So everyone, what do you think? Different viewpoint of the exact same set of events, or different viewpoint and a (maybe only slightly) different set of events?
I believe it is different viewpoints, all clouded by individual experience and possibly outside influence. I do not believe that the events actually happened the way any of the various chapters have shown. Because each is from a slightly different viewpoint, they are colored by something else.

Spoiler for my theory:

As far as this episode goes, I loved it. It had a slightly creepy feel to it, and made a lot of fuzzy things clearer. I can’t wait for the next one to see how it plays out.

Eric the Grey
Old 2006-08-08, 21:49   Link #44
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
great episode i got a lot of my questions answered in this one. Some key elements are coming together espcially about Keiichi and Satoshi.

Spoiler for My thoughts:
Old 2006-08-08, 22:42   Link #45
Cardiac Glycoside

I have a really fscked-up theory--

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-08, 23:39   Link #46
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

but he's not
Old 2006-08-09, 00:10   Link #47
Cardiac Glycoside

Oh you know how this anime works. It doesn't.

For all we know, maybe the blue-haired teacher is the one behind all the murders.
Old 2006-08-09, 10:42   Link #48
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
For all we know, maybe the blue-haired teacher is the one behind all the murders.
-- The Clue Game --
The culprit: Ciel-err-Rumiko sensei
The scene of the crime: the curry garden
The murder weapon: the spoon
The accomplice in crime: Type-moon.
Old 2006-08-09, 11:42   Link #49
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
just watched it...and im totally confused to wheather mion is good or bad >.< shion on the other hand is a love tragity...i feel for her in the name of love she had to suffer and K1 is getting the demon side of her out...
so many things have been sed already i dnt even know wht to say anymore

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-09, 14:58   Link #50
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Takano did it. No one that creepy could be innocent. I almost threw my fork (I was eating a burrito) when she popped up at the library
Heck, she still startled me the second time I watched it. Scary woman, she is.
And I wanna read that notebook.

Interesting point: Oryou and Mion were talking about Takano and Tomitake going into the shrine, but we didn't hear anything about Shion and K1. Doesn't mean they don't know, but they may not.
Also, Oryou talked about them angering Oyashiro-sama. I found this really odd. Why would she speak about Oyashiro-sama like that in private if it was just a scapegoat? There's no reason for her to fool Mion, since Mion would likely know whether it was real or not. Hmm...
Old 2006-08-09, 15:18   Link #51
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
just watched it...and im totally confused to wheather mion is good or bad >.<
Mion is Definitly NOT bad...
I understand how you got this idea though.., after the display of coldness we saw in her in the last episode.., but understand this.., she "had" to do that; as in.., she has to act in the way she did.

As to make clear to Oni-baba and the rest present in the room that she was able to act as the Lead Head of the Sonozaki in a situation such as that.., but also and mostely to shorten the entire process; as it to be less painfull for Shion.

From the moment Shion declared her love for Satoshi and after all she had done.., clearly she had to take some sort of penalty.., otherwhise those who where involved in the story like Kasai for example would probably face a much greater punishment..

So as to make Shion realise this Mion toke upon herself the burden to be the one who would act as the excutioner sort of speak.., she knew that Shion would not be able to leave there until some sort of punishment was given.., thus she went straight away and did what she had too..., even though she inside was absolutly against it.., but she knew it had to be done.

In fact.. we even see her vacilate when Shion is unable to perform the last distinction.., as in she tries to calm her down.

And then like we saw in this episode.., Mion herself too then also toke the distinction for Oni-baba in order for her to leave Satoshi alone.
But mostely Mion did this aswell.., because like she herself said.., it was unfair that only Shion had to go through that.., when they are both sisters.

Mion in fact ends up to be the person who probably suffers the most in Wataganashi-hen / Meakashi-hen.

She suffers for having seen Shion been put through much pain.., she suffers for having gone through the same punishment as Shion, she suffers when Keiichi doesn't view her as "that type" of girl even though she loves him so, she suffers when she heards that Keiichi and Shion went into the storage house; and in the end.. well.., after not only Shion takes her place but she imprisions her and will unleash all of her anger at her.
And is if at that wasn't enough.., when Keiichi arrives.., he mistakes her for Shion..

I belive the last part regarding on how Shion after "awakening" unleashed all the hatred and blamed everything on Mion could have been avoided if only... Mion had not acted as cold as she did previously..
But allass and this is where the irony lies.., Shion could not see that Mion inside did not wish to do as such.., and she above all.., view her as an equal.

Both stories are extreamly tragic.., and its what makes it all so perfect.., and why I so much love Mion & Shion
Old 2006-08-09, 16:25   Link #52
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I like Mion too but I wouldn't call her completely innocent here. She tipped off Oni-baba about Shion's love for Satoshi and it seems likely she was indirectly involved in the last few "Curse of Oyashiro" murders.

They both have a few screws loose.
Old 2006-08-09, 18:25   Link #53
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Takano did it. No one that creepy could be innocent. I almost threw my fork (I was eating a burrito) when she popped up at the library
Heck, she still startled me the second time I watched it. Scary woman, she is.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who got scared of Takano not once but a few times. I have been saying it before but I will reiterate - Takano's seiyuu's doing such a masterful job. She just sounds as if she knows every damned secret in the world and the more gruesome they are, the more happy she gets.

Quote:
Interesting point: Oryou and Mion were talking about Takano and Tomitake going into the shrine, but we didn't hear anything about Shion and K1. Doesn't mean they don't know, but they may not.
Well, Oryou did mention some young guy but since Oryou is so old we can't say whether she meant K1 or Tomitake. Anyway, in Watanagashi-hen on the next day (or maybe a bit later?) the whole village population seemed to know about the four of them breaking in.

Quote:
Also, Oryou talked about them angering Oyashiro-sama. I found this really odd. Why would she speak about Oyashiro-sama like that in private if it was just a scapegoat? There's no reason for her to fool Mion, since Mion would likely know whether it was real or not. Hmm...
Well, even if the Sonozakis are behind the murders that does not necessarily mean Oryou does not believe that what she does would please Oyashiro-sama. Furthermore, maybe they are just used of saying that as some sort of euphemism for the murders that they commit and use it even in private. And Mion doesn't seem to know everything - for instance she seems to be kept in the dark about Satoshi's fate.

Come to think of it, the sudden encounter between the twins in the end of the episode might not be as decisive as I first thought. We had a cliffhanger in the end of episode three of Onikakushi-hen but the really dramatic events were not in the begining of the fourth episode. And the chilling cliffhanger in Tatarigoroshi with Takano asking K1 whether he buried the body well (I get goosebumps just thinknig of that scene) was followed by a rather cryptic Takano behavious afterwards. And it seems we will have three (or at laeast two) more Meakashi episodes, if one of the sisters imprison the latter now what's going to fill those episodes, I wonder?

Quote:
Mion is Definitly NOT bad...
I wouldn't be that certain in that. We still don't know which of the twins is going to snap and go mad (or at least kill a few people while not being mad). Shion now looks a bit too obvious a choice which makes me hodl my judgement for the tiem being.

Old 2006-08-09, 20:38   Link #54
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I wouldn't be that certain in that. We still don't know which of the twins is going to snap and go mad (or at least kill a few people while not being mad)
Its indeed too obvious now that is Shion who will do the switch.., we even saw her dragging Mion after having used the shock thingy (forgot its name^^) in the begining of the first episode of Meakashi-hen.

Plus.. all the pieces of the puzzle are set and its up to Shion to make everything fall into place (in what relates to Watanagashi-hen).., this beeing said.. I am absolutly positive that she will be the one to do the switch and pass on as Mion as we saw in the last episodes of Watanagashi-hen.

I had suspected such ever since that arc ended.., I mean.. the hints alone that she gives where already a Huge lead...; as when she speaks with Keiichi as she is leading him down the old dungeon.., she often menciones "now I see why Mion liked you", etc.

Anyway.., you will see for yourself on the next episode.., but may oyashiro-sama's curse strike me down where I stand if I am rong in this

*tap*

*tap**tap**tap**tap**tap**tap**tap**tap*
Old 2006-08-09, 21:50   Link #55
Matrim

Well, when Watanagashi-hen ended I was convinced that Shion was the bad twin, now when everything seems to point to her I am oddly less convinced. Answer arc or not, I am still expecting major plot twists.

Old 2006-08-09, 22:05   Link #56
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Well, when Watanagashi-hen ended I was convinced that Shion was the bad twin, now when everything seems to point to her I am oddly less convinced. Answer arc or not, I am still expecting major plot twists.
I don't think either of them was a "bad twin." I think something happened and one of them just snapped; like when Shion strangled Mion, but on a much deeper level.
Old 2006-08-09, 23:07   Link #57
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Wow,this epsiode answers so many question while creating more much mystery.

I'm starting to lean towards the hallucinating gas theory.After all,by the time Keichii comes to Hinamizawa everyone is already quite insane,as he slowly becomes crazy too.

Mion...I just can't figure her out.One second she'd begging Obaba to let Shion alone and taking the ritual of distinction herself for it,the next she's discussing what most likely is Oyashira's punishment.Maybe personality discorders are genetic in the Sonozaki family?

Also I'd give a lot to tap into Hinamizwa's information network.Everytime someone does something,a completely unrelated character already knows about it.

I'm also getting curious to what it is Takano and Tomitake really want.If they know the gory story of torture why are they going so far as breaking the law to investigate?Are they secret agents trying to unfold the mysterious murder series?
Old 2006-08-09, 23:49   Link #58
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
I'm starting to lean towards the hallucinating gas theory.After all,by the time Keichii comes to Hinamizawa everyone is already quite insane,as he slowly becomes crazy too.
I'm beginning to open to it as well, but I still think that even that's a bit too easy.

Quote:
Mion...I just can't figure her out.One second she'd begging Obaba to let Shion alone and taking the ritual of distinction herself for it,the next she's discussing what most likely is Oyashira's punishment.Maybe personality discorders are genetic in the Sonozaki family?
Mion is torn in half. She has to act responsibly as the heir of the Sonozaki house whilst still being Shion's sister. These last two episodes really hit home just how hard that must be, especially considering the view of Shion's existence according to family tradition.

Quote:
Also I'd give a tap into Hinamizwa's information network.Everytime someone does something,a completely unrelated character already knows about it.
I know what you mean
Although in my mind, that means that they're not as unrelated as they seem

Quote:
I'm also getting curious to what it is Takano and Tomitake really want.If they know the gory story of why are they going so far as breaking the law to investigate?Are they secret agents trying to unfold the mysterious series?
That's close to what I'm thinking, but I think their true purpose goes way beyond the killings. I've pointed out several times that Tomitake doesn't strike me as the photography type, and Takano seems to know way too much about everything in general (how many people know what's really in the storehouse?) to simply be curious about the town.
Old 2006-08-10, 07:59   Link #59
Matrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
I don't think either of them was a "bad twin." I think something happened and one of them just snapped; like when Shion strangled Mion, but on a much deeper level.
Well, saying "evil" or "bad" is simply the shorter way of putting it, so I am using it.
Tomitake is quite obviously not a simple photographer. I think that Akasaka's lie that he had come to the village to take great photographs of the scenery was a hint for that. Rika even said that he was Tomitake number 2. Come to think of it that means Tomitake has visited Hinamizawa even before the murders started. Or maybe this was Rika seeing the future again?

Old 2007-04-18, 10:14   Link #60
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Spoiler:
I finally understand what you mean by this after more than half a year. It's a damn pity the game didn't allow me to 回想する...
Closed Thread