AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-02-06, 16:24   Link #1
tcov

Translator for King Gainer and/or Wataru wanted

I represent the group Lightshock on enterthegame. Our group has translated and subtitled such shows as Overman King Gainer, Firestorm, Gad Guard, Cosmopolitan Players, Full Blast Science Adventure Sou Nanda, and older titles such as Demon Hero Wataru, Metal Armor Dragonar, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Our staff loves to watch these animes and we want to share them with all of you too.

We are looking for translator(s) for the following shows:

Overman King Gainer has been subbed up to episode 10 and our group has went up to 2. Though there is some oversubbing, we want to sub it to completion, 26 episodes. It is a mecha aired in 2002 about a city trapped inside a dome, guarded by the Siberian Railroad Task Force. A group known as the Exodus groups and tags a boy, main character, named Gainer. He doesn't know what he's in for. It's a great show if you're into robots. http://exodus.main.jp/official/

Demon Hero Wataru is a personal favorite of mine. It is a long series, over 50 episodes, along with continuations to the series. It's about a boy named Wataru who builds a small robot in school which will later warp him into a different age in time where he is asked to save the city from an evil lord. The show is full of silly humor and gags, slapstick, some cultural references, and could be labeled part fantasy, part mecha. It is a very fun show and I think you'll all like it too.

If you have experience in translating media, please email me tcov@lightshock-anime.com or join our IRC channel at #lightshock @ irc.enterthegame.com. I can send you our earlier fansubs directly to see how you like it and if you want to help.
tcov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 16:32   Link #2
tcov

Sorry mods. I didn't see this sticky thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6828
tcov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 18:31   Link #3
lomeando

I'd like to second the call for a translator for Overman King Gainer. We (Anime-Kissaten) were originally going to do a joint with LS-A to help them continue it, but then our translator quit on us before finishing an episode. And the translator I know in real life who even owed me a personal favor vanished, and... yeah, you all know the drill.
lomeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 01:10   Link #4
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

I have scripts for episodes 1-3 that a former group I was with never released, should anyone be interested. I kind of doubt it, but just offering. ^^

Edit: Oh, er, ep3 was taken. ^^; ep1-2 plus songs are still up for grabs. Since I did these while I was quite a newbie without guidance, I'd be willing to look these over for mistakes and put them in a better format.

Last edited by runpsicat; 2004-02-09 at 02:25.
runpsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 17:15   Link #5
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Are you a baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcov
Sorry mods. I didn't see this sticky thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6828
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 20:08   Link #6
Tellu54
Banned

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
-Princess Bride
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote