AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-13, 08:39   Link #1261
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Goat Amalthea? Since in Greek Mythology, Amalthea took the form of a goat...
Ah ok, thanks. Do you have any idea about the kanji?
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 09:40   Link #1262
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

It's referencing Amalthea who is sometimes represented as a goat so 角 can mean horn. 錐 can probably be referring to a drill. So Drill Horn of Atonement? What kind of weapon is this anyway?
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 10:42   Link #1263
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
It's referencing Amalthea who is sometimes represented as a goat so 角 can mean horn. 錐 can probably be referring to a drill. So Drill Horn of Atonement? What kind of weapon is this anyway?
Well, it seems to be an ogre lux called <Holy Grail>. Anyway thanks!
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 16:38   Link #1264
bakato

Anime adaptation!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 16:53   Link #1265
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
I have a really bad feeling about this.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 17:23   Link #1266
Zanfow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Given the latest novel->anime adaptations we've seen i don't blame you for it.
Zanfow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 17:53   Link #1267
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I agree with it rather beautifully.

The recent novels in truth are very simple stories but dear god they've been butchered and Gakuen Toshi is probably one of the most complicated stories thats currently out there especially early on.
Pacing is an utter horror show because of the fact that not finishing the first tournament would be a disaster and there's no way they can do that in a 1 cour which we all know it will ultimately be.
You cant skip the first tournament because there's a lot of huge developments that are involved within the tournament and you dont have enough material to skip it in 12 episodes and it being interesting.

Pray to God or Satan (or Me the Devil King ) that this is a 2 cour because 13 episodes isnt nearly enough.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 20:47   Link #1268
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

It's strange that all over the internet it states that the anime will release in fall 2015 without saying if it's 12 or 24 episodes but on the official site it doesn't have any information about an anime. Oh well, I guess it's kind of sad that I'd rather watch season 2 of "Is the Order Rabbit" than another adaptation of one of my favorite books turn out to be trash :/

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 21:18   Link #1269
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Theres no way in hell they're going to made a decent adaption in just 12-13 episodes. It needs to be a 2 cour to even cover the first five volumes, which covers the first major tournament arc.

Also have a feeling Yen Press is going to license this series shortly after it finishes airing.
Old 2015-04-03, 21:21   Link #1270
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Theres no way in hell they're going to made a decent adaption in just 12-13 episodes. It needs to be a 2 cour to even cover the first five volumes, which covers the first major tournament arc.

Also have a feeling Yen Press is going to license this series shortly after it finishes airing.
Bingo 12-13 is a disaster waiting to happen and thats before you note the flaws of the story that a non LN reader wouldnt know will improve.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-04-03, 21:22   Link #1271
Armando99

I have a different take on the announced anime, if it's true anyway. I would like to see it. I always find it interesting how the anime of a LN or Manga I read or currently reading will be adapted. I am not exactly a proponent of watching something that I already know about repeated in the screen exactly as I expected it to be. Where is the excitement in that? As long as I can still relate the written version to the anime version, I am ok with it.

This is probably a minority view in these threads but I thought I should represent that side.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 21:28   Link #1272
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
I have a different take on the announced anime, if it's true anyway. I would like to see it. I always find it interesting how the anime of a LN or Manga I read or currently reading will be adapted. I am not exactly a proponent of watching something that I already know about repeated in the screen exactly as I expected it to be. Where is the excitement in that? As long as I can still relate the written version to the anime version, I am ok with it.

This is probably a minority view in these threads but I thought I should represent that side.
I also enjoy anime original if it's done well. What I have problem with is when a previously competent and cool MC is made incompetent so that other characters get more screen time for better sales or to be more "relatable" to a certain demographic it just bugs me throughout the series.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 21:32   Link #1273
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I also enjoy anime original if it's done well. What I have problem with is when a previously competent and cool MC is made incompetent so that other characters get more screen time for better sales or to be more "relatable" to a certain demographic it just bugs me throughout the series.
I understand that POV very well because that would be the only thing that would turn me off from the anime. One can take liberties in their adaptation but keep the MC as close to how they are in the story, otherwise, you have completely changed it.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 21:37   Link #1274
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post

the Problem with that view lies in a small contradiction. Watching it exactly as expected is usually how most of us relate it to the story if they change too much of it they typically change what most of us like about the story and why we wanted it to be animated. You're view isnt incorrect outside of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
the done well part is usually the fun part.

Sometimes LN's make a character really pitiful at times and sometimes really impressive to the point that you wonder that its the same character Anime's can take that aspect and amplify it rather massively and at times its a beautiful thing and at times its horrific (Your boy Touma is one of the greatest examples of that).

Old 2015-04-03, 22:00   Link #1275
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post

it's actually depend on whether the anime is good enough or not and even if it's was i kinda doubt they will take it until 2016-2017, as for why, i will use my YP analysis from MHKnR thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
YP, in 2014 taking 4 new titles, presumed to take over the title that is going to end soon and in 2015, as of now, already taken 9-10 new series, and the books that is published 2015 is about nearly 2 times compare to 2014, and that number is incomplete since we are only in March. They have about 2.5-3 times the workload compare to 2014, and this is already not counting the new manga titles they are working on. I already surprised enough that they can keep SAO at the same pace, let alone speeding another novel, like back in Index thread, i did said this is an extremely risky move, if they success then more expansion, but if they aren't... either way, the only way for them to do more is to hire more translators, which isn't exactly the smartest thing considering the current economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
What make them took a action, is the wave of LN anime adaptions back in 2014 where many LN got adapted to Anime. And like i said, Back in 2009, the few titles they took : Haruhi, Spice and wolfs,\... etc is coming to an end and they need new series to replace it, which is why 2014 have 4 new series, but 2015 they already took more than 2 times that amounts, like it or hate it, this cost a lot just for license alone, and translator aren't exactly cheap in the 1st place. I'm not saying they do not have the resource to handle them all, but they should be pretty nearing their limit capability Since YP have the tendency of also taking manga adaption the respective novels and this is already not counting all those new manga titles.

If you took a closer look, the titles they took all have anime aired recently or going to get aired recently, Index( RailgunS), Log Horizon, Black bullet, Hataraku Maou sama, and even Mahouka. Like Proxy said the problem here is market saturation, which is why i worried about this, Anime and LN fanbase in America isn't exactly that large in the 1st place.
Either way, point is, they are pretty much nearing their capacity limit, i don't think they have that much resources left after licensed 2 times LN compare to 2009, and this is already not counting series in 2014 licensed to replaced series that is ending and all those new Manga titles.

As for Gakusen announcements, i kinda worried since Gakusen is rather content heavy, 1st 2 volumes is normal, but when you are in vol 3 onwards then i don't think 12 eps is gonna cut it.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 00:12   Link #1276
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

It was only a matter of time I guess. Had a feeling this will follow suit when Rakudai got green-lit.
Given that volumes 3 to 5 are action-heavy since it's the Phoenix, they can do it in 1-cour, preferably 13 episodes.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 02:00   Link #1277
The 48th Ronin

I get the feeling the adaptation's gonna end up like Absolute Duo.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 02:25   Link #1278
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Only a matter of time before Bahamut gets an anime as well.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 02:43   Link #1279
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
贖罪の錐角(ゴート.アマルテイア)
It's Goat Amalthea, "Drilling Horn of Atonement".

I also notice several errors in the translation of terms, so I'd at least drop by here and give out my versions of it.

First off, Gerron Academy [界龍(ジェロン)第七学院] is actually Jie Long Seventh Institute since it's Chinese in origin.
落星雨(インベルティア) is Invertia, not Ember Tears.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 05:31   Link #1280
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Only a matter of time before Bahamut gets an anime as well.
Bahamut falls into the category of its a good read but i'm not convinced it will be a good watch and its problem is that while lux is a badass once he's behind bahamut he's pretty much a turd otherwise and thats not exactly fun to watch. Now i like Lux but lets be honest other then when he's behind bahamut lux is not much to deal with

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life