AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 14:53   Link #61
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Priscilla must have a weak spot. But Where?
The memory of Teresa should give Priscilla some cold shivers for a while at least. Assuming that she still remembers what happened then..
Old 2007-09-06, 15:18   Link #62
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Yeah Isley did the smart thing. He turned Priscilla into the ultimate trump card. Seems like Priss has singlehandly destroyed the balence of power that used to exist in the Claymore world. You had four powers in the Claymore world, the three abyssals and the organization. None of them dared to move to wipe out any of the others because they know that one of the others would take advantage of their weakened state to elimanate them. Thats exactly what Riful tried to do when Isley fought Lucelia. If Priscilla hadn't been there, Riful would have killed him.

As for who can kill Priscilla, my money is on Priscilla herself. I can see her during the fight with Claire asking why she's trying to kill her when all she wants to do is find her family, and a stunned Claire telling her what happened to her family. With this realization, and the realization of what she's become, Priss would then kill herself.
Old 2007-09-06, 15:29   Link #63
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hmm, getting into Isley's head is harder than it would seem but a few things are easy to distinguish. Yes, he did admit defeat - If they would have continued, even with 100+ years worth of experience at his back, Isley would have lost. So he did the best thing, he submitted to the will of an extremely powerful child - a young lady with a child's mind. Nice and soothing promises will calm almost any child down if they will get what they want in the end.

By doing that, Isley placed Priscilla under his control. He's now the one who will fulfill her heart's desires and she'll stay with him and do what he says as long as its towards her ultimate goal, or so he will say. Same ploy has been used so many times throughout history with a child in power and his 'trusted' vassal, corrupt or upright, guiding them. In Isley's case, this is extremely risky and sneaky but Isley is capable of pulling it off. So in reality, Isley's story that he has the woman with power above the Abyssal Ones in his camp is very true.

As for Priscilla, when she found Raki, she had hit that town a day ago so she wouldn't have needed to eat him immediately. Since he came from the South like she did, all her thoughts, even those of feeding her massive appetite, were pushed back. I see the person she killed in the anime as being an 'emergency ration' since she was probably starving herself being around Raki. Raki is right now the one person that Priscilla will NOT eat and hell will come in the form of a demonic Awakened One with unlimited power if anyone tried to eat or harm him in any way. That and she had probably fed enough in the years before the invasion of Pieta that her appetite would have decreased from the 'ravenous' mode it was in after her Awakening.

Raki can't drive a sword through her heart but his words could have that effect. Like Black Lagoon's Rock, Raki's 'blades' can very well come through his words to Priscilla. If he rejects her, she's going to throw an extremely dangerous tantrum. Not a light tantrum either like a child in a supermarket wanting a toy - I mean one where the kid just flips out, grabbing and throwing stuff, screaming and becomes a danger to themselves and others. Isley probably doesn't realize that in having Raki there, he's endangering his entire plan to keep her in control. Once she finds out what happens to her parents and her 'memory' returns, she'll flip out - Isley knows this. He's hoping that he'd have enough 'power' to hold her until she calms down and she can start thinking like an adult Priscilla. This will probably backfire in his face because her mindset as Claymore Priscilla is the one that's being repressed. That mindset will NOT be able to comprehend and handle the knowledge that she became an Awakened being and has killed hundreds of people. Her worst enemy is her own self, in this case - a hydrogen bomb just waiting to go off once she remembers everything.

I also find it interesting that even as an Awakened, Priscilla's actions are still 'innocent'. Not morally innocent - she's slaughtering entire towns to feed her voracious appetite - but rather innocent as in the same vein of a young child who finds it interesting to impale lizards with sticks to see how long they move for. We as adults would call that sadistic curiosity and probably punish that child in some way to show that that line of thought carries much more than just simply sedating one's curiosity. Her personality is devoid of the usual man-eating, manical glee that nearly all Youma and some Awakeneds possess. I will even go so far as to suggest that it seems that she's not even aware that she's killing the people who's guts she's devouring. She has to be aware on some level but her current mindset refuses to process it. As with the child - the only way Priscilla will know that she's doing 'wrong' is if someone tells/punishes her. Problem is, who in the world can punish Priscilla?
Isley surely did not do such a thing. He encouraged her to tone it down a bit but he did not tell her to stop at all. In fact, he most likey rationalized it for her so that she could accept it easier.

Scary as this may seem but I still got some more stuff to say but I'm calling it quits. I've got a shower with my name on it.

Badass review that is 100% compatible with mine. Althouh Priscilla comitted two crimes so far, as you stated. She comitted the crime of survival, eating. A crime that is moraly questionable since she is not human anymore...
And of course. Teresa`s death that she was aware of when commiting it, premeditated or not.

Yes, Priscilla is in self-denial now and by the looks of hit...Raki will never be eaten by her. She is like a child, she really but really likes the boy to the extreme.

She may one day remember what she did, she may one day reach critical and go berserk upon realizing that Isley tricked her, that she is an awakened, that she killed and ate entrails, that her family does not exist anymore....Yes she may destroy and go insane with hatred and anguish but I tell you one thing...Do you really think her feelings towards the boy will change? If he is still alive and is with Priscilla, itīs magical now.

If you take Raki away after this climax...Priscilla will reach absolute desperation and will die. By her own hands.
Old 2007-09-06, 16:11   Link #64
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Maybe. But in terms of the importance in what it reveals, ES1 > ES2 + ES3. It establishes some basis for figuring out Clare's own latent potential.

And, only Teresa haters, or one whose favorite character that is someone else is trumped by her awesomeness, wouldn't appreciate some story that shows Teresa may be stronger than abyssal class.

I don't think it's that easy to compare Rigald and Rosemary. Rosemary at least managed to be a number one. She may have been stronger then Rigald, both as Claymore and AB.
Not really, we all already knew Teresa was the strongest #1 in the Organizations history, Orsey himself said it, "The strongest warrior the Organization has ever produced....no, rather the strongest Monster."

We had no reason to doubt her strength, and thus, have no real reason to doubt Clare's 1/4 awesomeness.

Rigald #2 of his time because Isley was #1, if anything, it is just as possible he was stronger then Rosemary.
Rosemary was immediately demoted to #2 when Teresa showed up, and Teresa herself said. "You were only ever a #2."

I am a Teresa fan, no doubt, but I dislike the lofty heights in which people place her power, she was probably approach, if not at Abyssal class, but that obviously did not make her invincible.

Something that is hard to deny with Priscilla now.

To mycen: It is questionable if Priscilla even remembers Teresa, she does not even seem to be aware of what she has become, considering she does not even remember what happened to her family.

To Defiled One: I would not go so far as to state Priscilla was aware of killing Teresa, hell, if that was the case, you could blaim Clare for killing Jean, and if you do.....shame on you.
Old 2007-09-06, 16:46   Link #65
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Oh yes, a few more things...the potential humor in this is too much to ignore. Sorry but since I wrote out all that serious stuff, I gotta do this to feel 'balanced'.

Pris: Isley! Isley! Play with me!

Isley: Not now Priscilla, I'm working.

Pris: But I wanna play~!

Isley: Okay, how about I give Rigald to you? I'm sure he won't mind playing with you.

Rigald: ...excuse me?

Isley: Just for a few minutes okay? Just keep her busy.

Rigald: ... yes sir. But I get to lead the next hunting party.

Isley: Deal.

Rigald: *to Priscilla* What would you like to play?

Pris: *bright eyed* Claymores and Awakeneds!

Rigald: ... come again? What sort of game is that?

Pris: I'm the Claymore and you're the Awakened One! *pulls a sword out and immediately a killing aura surrounds her as she switches to her Awakened form* Prepare yourself!

Rigald: ....mommy...

Isley: ...at least she didn't ask you to play 'Horsey'...*ignoring Rigald's screams of terror*
LoL

thats a good one
Old 2007-09-06, 17:06   Link #66
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Not really, we all already knew Teresa was the strongest #1 in the Organizations history, Orsey himself said it, "The strongest warrior the Organization has ever produced....no, rather the strongest Monster."

We had no reason to doubt her strength, and thus, have no real reason to doubt Clare's 1/4 awesomeness.

Rigald #2 of his time because Isley was #1, if anything, it is just as possible he was stronger then Rosemary.
Rosemary was immediately demoted to #2 when Teresa showed up, and Teresa herself said. "You were only ever a #2."

I am a Teresa fan, no doubt, but I dislike the lofty heights in which people place her power, she was probably approach, if not at Abyssal class, but that obviously did not make her invincible.

Something that is hard to deny with Priscilla now.

To mycen: It is questionable if Priscilla even remembers Teresa, she does not even seem to be aware of what she has become, considering she does not even remember what happened to her family.

To Defiled One: I would not go so far as to state Priscilla was aware of killing Teresa, hell, if that was the case, you could blaim Clare for killing Jean, and if you do.....shame on you.
Yes, without a doubt and unintentionly, Clare murdered Jean...She was aware of the act iself but not in control of it. So yes, a murderer like Priscilla....And let us not forget that her lifestyle is very hardened. Clare was also the reason for Teresa death and she knows it.
Old 2007-09-06, 17:18   Link #67
Seska

Jean has done it, on her own free will. Teresa lives for Chibi Clare on her own free will.

Perhaps Clare let the Claymore remembers of her Human hearts and free will... With time, perhaps even "Ms. Ice Claymore" will melt
Old 2007-09-06, 17:29   Link #68
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Jean has done it, on her own free will. Teresa lives for Chibi Clare on her own free will.

Perhaps Clare let the Claymore remembers of her Human hearts and free will... With time, perhaps even "Ms. Ice Claymore" will melt

And Santa Klaus lives in our hearts It is still murder, by accident, but itīs still murder nevertheless.
Old 2007-09-06, 17:33   Link #69
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

So Isley's plan all along was to use Prissy's power to take over the map. I wonder if we will see her turn against him in the future.
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
Old 2007-09-06, 17:38   Link #70
Yorae_paladin1

so priscilla has not lost her memories she is just insane in some ways she thinks she is still human which why she questions why people are afraid when she eats guts she does not realize what she is doing. When she regains her sanity im guessing the guilt will hit her like a freight train and isley will wish he never met her
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2007-09-06, 17:42   Link #71
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
so priscilla has not lost her memories she is just insane in some ways she thinks she is still human which why she questions why people are afraid when she eats guts she does not realize what she is doing. When she regains her sanity im guessing the guilt will hit her like a freight train and isley will wish he never met her
Um, I thought it was pretty clear she DID lose her memories, she has blocked it all out. She doesnt remember that her entire family was killed by Yoma, and she doesnt realize she is an AB.

Crazy? Yes.

Remembers everything? Definatly no.

To Defiled One: It is called manslaughter actually, "unintentional murder."
Old 2007-09-06, 18:08   Link #72
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Actually if we get picky itīs called "womanslaughter"
Old 2007-09-06, 18:37   Link #73
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I don't think it's that easy to compare Rigald and Rosemary. Rosemary at least managed to be a number one. She may have been stronger then Rigald, both as Claymore and AB.

Rosemary was #1 because of the losses the org had suffer form Lutecia's awakening. I doubt she was even in Rigald's class.
Old 2007-09-06, 18:58   Link #74
Rowan

For the love of god, WHY do people insist on saying Priscilla can be controlled and isn't as dangerous as she seems?

She's a rabid dog, people. She doesn't have to realize what she is to be lethal. Put her DOWN. That's all I have to say on the subject.

R.
Old 2007-09-06, 19:37   Link #75
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
For the love of god, WHY do people insist on saying Priscilla can be controlled and isn't as dangerous as she seems?

She's a rabid dog, people. She doesn't have to realize what she is to be lethal. Put her DOWN. That's all I have to say on the subject.

R.
The problem with this particular "rabid dog" is that there is nothing in the Claymore world strong enough to put "it" down

Would be interesting to see what Riful is hinting at when she said she find something that might be able to stop the Easlay/Pricilla alliance from taking over the world...
Old 2007-09-06, 19:39   Link #76
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:

Well, OK. But I can't see how any more scenes of Teresa kicking ass would be boring. I think that more gratuitous Teresa scenes would be very welcome given we've been short changed with regard to her screen time. I dislike attributing loftiness to anything that doesn't warrant it also. But no one's attributing invincibility to Teresa. Fans are painfully aware of that fact. So again why would more Teresa kicking ass be boring, especially for a professing fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycen View Post
The memory of Teresa should give Priscilla some cold shivers for a while at least. Assuming that she still remembers what happened then..
Provided she can remember, I'd think so too. Teresa was probably her second most traumatic experience after her family's slaughter. I suspect she remembers Teresa's Yoki signature very well and this can give Clare some psychological advantage.
Old 2007-09-06, 20:43   Link #77
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Well, OK. But I can't see how any more scenes of Teresa kicking ass would be boring. I think that more gratuitous Teresa scenes would be very welcome given we've been short changed with regard to her screen time. I dislike attributing loftiness to anything that doesn't warrant it also. But no one's attributing invincibility to Teresa. Fans are painfully aware of that fact. So again why would more Teresa kicking ass be boring, especially for a professing fan?
I love Teresa's extra scene, I just dont believe it was as good as the other two.
Also, you may be painfully aware that she wasn't invincible, but alot of her other fans sure dont seem to realize that.

Quote:
Provided she can remember, I'd think so too. Teresa was probably her second most traumatic experience after her family's slaughter. I suspect she remembers Teresa's Yoki signature very well and this can give Clare some psychological advantage.
Possibly, but I would think it would provoke a more negative reaction if she recognized it, possibly making her go berserk, she did associate Teresa with the death of her parents after all.

If anything would give a psychological advantage against Priscilla, I seriously think it would be Miata.

In the end, I could see Priscilla becoming mentaly stable (maybe due to Raki's love power ) and not ending up dead by the end, hell she could end up being an ally for all we know.
Old 2007-09-06, 20:50   Link #78
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by edf91 View Post
The problem with this particular "rabid dog" is that there is nothing in the Claymore world strong enough to put "it" down

Would be interesting to see what Riful is hinting at when she said she find something that might be able to stop the Easlay/Pricilla alliance from taking over the world...
That "something" is Clare...maybe Galatea. You can also add the Alicia factor as well, as mentioned in the Slashers arc (wink). Anything is possible and there has got to be some kryptonite that can be fed to Prissy.
The advantage here is her erratic mind. If Clare plays her cards right, she can project Teresa and get Pris off balance BUT Clare has to be stronger though....way stronger.
Maybe go "half" Abyssal for starters.
Old 2007-09-06, 21:11   Link #79
Hamstadini
Raki/Claire fan

Quote:
In the end, I could see Priscilla becoming mentaly stable (maybe due to Raki's love power ) and not ending up dead by the end, hell she could end up being an ally for all we know.
And it shall end IN FIRE!

Sorry, it was too good of an opening.
Old 2007-09-07, 00:50   Link #80
Rehwyn

I liked the chapter. I was wondering how Pris would end up fighting, given that from what we had seen before ES3 there wasn't much indication aside from her being ridiculously powerful.

As for what Riful was commenting on, I don't believe she was referring to Clare or Galatea specifically, just something that either of them could take advantage of or use. There really isn't enough info right now to determine that though.
Closed Thread