AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-07-19, 15:28   Link #6301
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
because it is "herb tea" which only requires you to add hot water onto the leaves...she adds milk as well @_@

And sugar, sometimes even three lumps.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 16:55   Link #6302
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Actually...it goes back to the origins of tea, and interestingly, the English adoption of it (In case you're wondering, I'm English, that's how I know this)

Basically, Tea had been drunk in the orient for hundreds of years. In the west, Brewing was used , and ale was drunk instead.

In both cases, it was because it wasn't safe to drink the water. Both these methods made it safe ( by either introducing alcohol to kill germs, or by boiling the water) This is why Orientals often have a lower tolerance for alcohol than westerners: Westerners have built up a hereditary resistance over the years.

Then the English discovered tea. However, they had a problem: English porcelain of the time could not take the stress of having boiling water introduced to it directly, and would shatter. As a result, when pouring tea, the English had to put cold water in the cup first to keep the temperature down. soon, someone replaced this cold water with milk, it caught on, and that's how milk in tea evolved.

meanwhile, oriental tea drinkers, as well as certain snobs, continued to frown on milk in tea simply because they didn't have to do it, and adopted it as a sign of superiority that survives to this day, (even though most people don't know the origin of it.)

As a result, Most orientals will frown on adding milk to tea because it marks you as being 'not a person' (literal translation of their word for foreigner).

Even today, tea purists will frown at putting ANYTHING in tea besides hot water.

Lindy, therefore is being typecast as an outsider because of her tea drinking preferences, which don't jibe with the standards that Nanoha, as a Japanese, would consider normal; (Drinking tea 'wrongly' is tantamount to being a crime in most oriental countries)
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 17:32   Link #6303
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Scanned doujin for a friend who I owe a favor to, and these pages were pretty funny so I thought I'd share
Very informative, stormturmoil thank you ^^

Spoiler for NSFW:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 17:36   Link #6304
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Scanned doujin for a friend who I owe a favor to, and these pages were pretty funny so I thought I'd share

Spoiler for NSFW:
...moar? :3

Anyway, is that Chrono I see there? And damn, I must've been influenced by 6th D. I keep thinking that ribbon on Nanoha's head looking like the bunny-ear gear,

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 17:44   Link #6305
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
...moar? :3

Anyway, is that Chrono I see there? And damn, I must've been influenced by 6th D. I keep thinking that ribbon on Nanoha's head looking like the bunny-ear gear,
It's either Chrono or Nanoha's brother. at one point fate called him "oniichan" and in the page I scanned here, Nanoha calls him "oniichan" as well.......so I dunno.

And Nanoha IS a bunny. :P

moar? It's hardcore, you sure? @_@ I could rapidsh*t, er Rapidshare it (anyone reccomend anything besides that where you don't have to sign up or anything?)
Old 2007-07-19, 18:33   Link #6306
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:

Spoiler for NSFW:
^^ nice scans^^ more please^^ can never get enough of them lovely doujin's^^
Old 2007-07-19, 18:35   Link #6307
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
moar? It's hardcore, you sure? @_@ I could rapidsh*t, er Rapidshare it (anyone reccomend anything besides that where you don't have to sign up or anything?)
Most guys don't mind that Satashi-san Besides, I'm guessing most people must be saying "Moar plz" inside their heads xD!
Old 2007-07-19, 18:57   Link #6308
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's either Chrono or Nanoha's brother. at one point fate called him "oniichan" and in the page I scanned here, Nanoha calls him "oniichan" as well.......so I dunno.
Definately Chrono then
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 19:36   Link #6309
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

lol hai hai. I'll rapid share it. If you want the doujin Nanoha/Fate/Chrono then please send me a PM if you agree to the standard rules

1.)you may not post the doujin anywhere else. this is for AnimeSuki, not 4chan,IIchan, ect. So please do not send to anyone.
2.) you know it's hentai and you know what hentai means. In your PM you MUST state this. I don't want anyone to get something they don't want!!!
Old 2007-07-19, 20:04   Link #6310
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
lol hai hai. I'll rapid share it. If you want the doujin Nanoha/Fate/Chrono then please send me a PM if you agree to the standard rules

1.)you may not post the doujin anywhere else. this is for AnimeSuki, not 4chan,IIchan, ect. So please do not send to anyone.
2.) you know it's hentai and you know what hentai means. In your PM you MUST state this. I don't want anyone to get something they don't want!!!
"I, Chaos2Frozen, relive you of any responsibility for my actions in the requisition of the Relevant documents in question.

I myself alone hold absolute responsibility for any Consequences that might occur when making use of the material in whichever way I see fit. And I have also sworn to preserve the secrets of the contents within the item till I'm granted permission from the supplier to spread it to the masses."

...Something like this?
Old 2007-07-19, 20:09   Link #6311
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"I, Chaos2Frozen, relive you of any responsibility for my actions in the requisition of the Relevant documents in question.

I myself alone hold absolute responsibility for any Consequences that might occur when making use of the material in whichever way I see fit. And I have also sworn to preserve the secrets of the contents within the item till I'm granted permission from the supplier to spread it to the masses."

...Something like this?
Why is it that you must make fun of every single small thing that may or may not be said with or without the intentions of being comical? Let me assure you that the text above is not in the least amusing and we are straying from the current topic: Images.
Old 2007-07-19, 20:16   Link #6312
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Why is it that you must make fun of every single small thing that may or may not be said with or without the intentions of being comical? Let me assure you that the text above is not in the least amusing and we are straying from the current topic: Images.
Ahhh~ As expected of Fuyu, you misunderstood my intentions COMPLETELY

And the unfortunate part is that you're STILL not giving me a tsun-tsun reply So I can't even make use of it.

Sigh...

P.S - It's my proposal to requests the doujins from Satashi, but since you don't like it, I'll just have to lower my vocab and rewrite the whole thing again.

Sorry Meister Sora, I didn't know you have a distaste for it so much, I promise I won't do it ever again.
Old 2007-07-19, 20:25   Link #6313
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Ahhh~ As expected of Fuyu, you misunderstood my intentions COMPLETELY

And the unfortunate part is that you're STILL not giving me a tsun-tsun reply So I can't even make use of it.

Sigh...

P.S - It's my proposal to requests the doujins from Satashi, but since you don't like it, I'll just have to lower my vocab and rewrite the whole thing again.

Sorry meister, I didn't know you have a distaste for it so much, I promise I won't do it ever again.
It so happens that every time you talk, I mysteriously misunderstand you completely >.>

I'm not a tsundere, obviously I can't give you material for that :P

I'm not your meister, WTH. >.>
Old 2007-07-19, 20:29   Link #6314
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:

...Something like this?
You know, you didn't have to go and type all of that, you could've just made it shorter and more to the point
By the way are you and Fuyu enemies? or some sort?
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 20:31   Link #6315
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It so happens that every time you talk, I mysteriously misunderstand you completely >.>
Sigh, I guess only Nightengale and Kha truely can understand me...

Quote:
I'm not a tsundere, obviously I can't give you material for that :P
You never know, people could have unexpected changes...

Quote:
I'm not your meister, WTH. >.>
Yeah right, Like Satashi isn't uncontested ruler of the Fanfic thread

No no, you don't have to be so modest, my body belongs to you...
Old 2007-07-19, 20:40   Link #6316
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
I never noticed that scene! Is it from 1st or 2nd season?

=========

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Actually...it goes back to the origins of tea, and interestingly, the English adoption of it (In case you're wondering, I'm English, that's how I know this)

Basically, Tea had been drunk in the orient for hundreds of years. In the west, Brewing was used , and ale was drunk instead.

In both cases, it was because it wasn't safe to drink the water. Both these methods made it safe ( by either introducing alcohol to kill germs, or by boiling the water) This is why Orientals often have a lower tolerance for alcohol than westerners: Westerners have built up a hereditary resistance over the years.

Then the English discovered tea. However, they had a problem: English porcelain of the time could not take the stress of having boiling water introduced to it directly, and would shatter. As a result, when pouring tea, the English had to put cold water in the cup first to keep the temperature down. soon, someone replaced this cold water with milk, it caught on, and that's how milk in tea evolved.

meanwhile, oriental tea drinkers, as well as certain snobs, continued to frown on milk in tea simply because they didn't have to do it, and adopted it as a sign of superiority that survives to this day, (even though most people don't know the origin of it.)

As a result, Most orientals will frown on adding milk to tea because it marks you as being 'not a person' (literal translation of their word for foreigner).

Even today, tea purists will frown at putting ANYTHING in tea besides hot water.

Lindy, therefore is being typecast as an outsider because of her tea drinking preferences, which don't jibe with the standards that Nanoha, as a Japanese, would consider normal; (Drinking tea 'wrongly' is tantamount to being a crime in most oriental countries)

I didn't know drinking milk tea is an offense for some
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 20:41   Link #6317
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Yeaahhhhhhhhhhh. Before this goes any farther, Chaos, I sent you a link to the doujin to download so let's stop here :P

P.S~ I'm no ruler *flail*
Old 2007-07-19, 20:54   Link #6318
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Sigh, I guess only Nightengale and Kha truely can understand me...
Good thing as well >.>

Quote:
You never know, people could have unexpected changes...
No thank you, I'll pass on that thank you. XD!

Quote:
Yeah right, Like Satashi isn't uncontested ruler of the Fanfic thread

No no, you don't have to be so modest, my body belongs to you...
What's that got to do with this?

Get that horrible, horrible image out of my head! @@

Quote:
With almost everyone over there calling you "-sama" I think that'll be pretty hard to prove
Old 2007-07-19, 21:02   Link #6319
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yeaahhhhhhhhhhh. Before this goes any farther, Chaos, I sent you a link to the doujin to download so let's stop here :P
Uguu~ Rapidshares...

Quote:
Wanna put out a list of people calling you '-sama' ? Not to mention the blind devotion and the unquestionable worthshipping?

Or the unmistakable bowing of heads when they find out that it's really you?
Old 2007-07-19, 21:05   Link #6320
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Satashi-sama just writes so well I have to call Satashi-sama, Satashi-sama!

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw