AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 140 25.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 154 28.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 133 24.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 82 15.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.37%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-11, 04:09   Link #201
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Haha, sorrowsiren, I agree about the ending. I waited patiently every week after while it was coming out. Ok, I waited but I wasn't patient. I danced when Riguardo finally made his appearance. The animation was pretty good, I liked the voice actors, I felt for the characters...

And then Raki pulled a Ghandi passive resistance strike on some man eating monsters.

I hope they wait until the series is complete and then do all of it. I don't trust mad house with any filler stuff after that ending. Are there any shows that have good filler? I have like a spider sense for fillers in most shows even when I haven't read the manga an anime is based off of. Really even ending it with the warriors surviving 7 years later would have been much better.
Old 2008-01-11, 20:18   Link #202
Jay1672

Don't give up hope.
Like I said in other thread, there is good chance 2nd season would be made.
BTW when does Claymore DVD come to America?
And how many Claymore DVDs have been sold in Japan so far? (just rough estimate would suffice)
Old 2008-01-12, 09:03   Link #203
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

From http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=40506

CLAYMORE 5,707 (3+) (Madhouse)
2007/07/25 7,254 Limited Edition Sequence 1 (Two episodes)
2007/09/26 5,178 Limited Edition Sequence 2 (Six episodes up to Sequence 5)
2007/11/28 4,690 Limited Edition Sequence 3
Old 2008-01-12, 09:16   Link #204
koffy
beggar

The anime is exellent without reference to the end.
I never loose the faith!
Season2 -> The world is saved
Old 2008-01-12, 10:22   Link #205
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by koffy View Post
Season2 -> The world is saved
You're aware that if they make a season 2, either you have to wait for the manga to be finished, in 6 years (80 chapters or so, even if not finished, to just match the amount of material for first season, 12 per year), or you accept that the animators adlib like they did for the season 1 ending, but for, like the 22 last episodes, out of 26, right?

Face it, it's not happening.
Old 2008-01-12, 12:14   Link #206
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
You're aware that if they make a season 2, either you have to wait for the manga to be finished, in 6 years (80 chapters or so, even if not finished, to just match the amount of material for first season, 12 per year), or you accept that the animators adlib like they did for the season 1 ending, but for, like the 22 last episodes, out of 26, right?

Face it, it's not happening.
Why is that? will animes be history in 6 years? It's possible since the original claymore fans had to wait 6 years to get the anime. We could wait 6 years. Long period but it's not like we are gonna be doing nothing until Claymore 2 is out (if ever).
Old 2008-01-12, 13:19   Link #207
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceSmasher View Post
We could wait 6 years. Long period but it's not like we are gonna be doing nothing until Claymore 2 is out (if ever).
Maybe, I cannot predict the future, though I find it extremely dubious anyone could maintain enthusiasm for a shonen anime like Claymore over that period.

There is another thing bugging me about that anyway: for the life of me, I cannot come with an example of a direct sequel made more than 6 years after the original aired.
Old 2008-01-12, 14:07   Link #208
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
There is another thing bugging me about that anyway: for the life of me, I cannot come with an example of a direct sequel made more than 6 years after the original aired.
direct sequel after 6 years...
well, if prequels are ok too , Souten no Ken (prequel of Hokuto no Ken) comes to my mind...
and even if it's a legendary series, this prequel wasn't that successful they say..., so sequels after a long time are rare and risky
Old 2008-01-13, 01:42   Link #209
Jay1672

So DVDs are selling better than I thought it would considering that Claymore is not targeted to main Shonen group. Hope it continues to sell well so that it may get licensed in America!
Old 2008-01-13, 08:02   Link #210
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1672 View Post
considering that Claymore is not targeted to main Shonen group.
It's not? Gee could have fooled me, with all these fights, powerlevels, techniques and girl with skintight outfits.
Old 2008-01-13, 22:11   Link #211
Jay1672

well I know this is not really a place to discuss this sort of thing
but knowing Claymore getting licensed is granted, what kind of factors make companies in North America to choose which anime to license?
And why does it take long to license animes?
Old 2008-01-13, 22:12   Link #212
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Main Shounen audience = Ages 12-17 or so. Claymore is targeted at the 17-21+ audience.

With all the violence and mature subject matter...and the fact that it was aired on an after-midnight timeslot. Not many highschool teens of the main Shounen age group would have been seeing this.

Quote:
Maybe, I cannot predict the future, though I find it extremely dubious anyone could maintain enthusiasm for a shonen anime like Claymore over that period.

Claymore isn't your everyday shounen anime. Claymore is the type of phenomenon that creates underground cult followings if nothing else. ^^

Since the manga won't be ending for at least another 5-6 years, Claymore enthusiasm will definately still be around at that point.

But it won't be 6 years. With the ending like they did, most likely probability is that season 2 will be in the next 1-3 years, and will be 50% fillers detailing the events of the 7-year timeskip or something like that.

And the thought of that many fillers doesn't especially scare me. Madhouse has proven themselves to be an excellent studio: Death Note, Monster, Black Lagoon, Trigun, etc...they are responsible for some of the best and most intelligent anime around. I have faith that they could actually produce some decent Claymore work if they tried hard enough. The ending of season 1 seemed more like it was rushed rather than just scripted by a horribly incompetent writer. There are only a few details of the final episode that just needed some slight tweaking and it would have been fine. Not excellent like the rest, but good enough. When it's a question of details ruining it, that points more towards lack of time and thought put into the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1672 View Post
well I know this is not really a place to discuss this sort of thing
but knowing Claymore getting licensed is granted, what kind of factors make companies in North America to choose which anime to license?
And why does it take long to license animes?
Main factor when choosing an anime to license is popularity and size of target audience. Since Claymore isn't really the type of thing you would see on Cartoon Network it would probably be a straight to DVD release. Which means it will probably take a bit longer than the more popular series.
Old 2008-01-15, 03:48   Link #213
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
But it won't be 6 years. With the ending like they did, most likely probability is that season 2 will be in the next 1-3 years, and will be 50% fillers detailing the events of the 7-year timeskip or something like that.

And the thought of that many fillers doesn't especially scare me. Madhouse has proven themselves to be an excellent studio: Death Note, Monster, Black Lagoon, Trigun, etc...they are responsible for some of the best and most intelligent anime around.
Gunslinger Girls too. Anyway, in all these cases, Madhouse followed an existing manga storyline, which meant little to no filler. Every time they made a filler, I saw complaints about them.

Also, it is ridiculous to make an anime about a story whom you only know the first part, it means fillers at the start, to pad and to synchronize the end of S1 with the start of manga storyline, and fillers at the end, in short the ending of S1, but longer and even more disconnected, since noone knows how manga would end this time. Might as well make it 100% filler, at this rate, or make a short OAV with the minor arcs, avoiding any reference to the real plot.

Also, of course, as Gunslinger Girls proves, it's not always the same company that produces the sequel.
Old 2008-01-15, 23:07   Link #214
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I don't understand why you people martirize yourselves thinking things through on how they can come up with a possible way to start the Claymore sequel, that connects the storyline back on track with the manga based on the state the anime-original arc concluded the show.

To me is easy.

Option A:
Madhouse can do the same thing that Production I.G. did for the Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations OVAs.
The OVAs of Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations completely ignored all the last fillers that happened at the end of the second season of the Tsubasa TV series, beginning the Tokyo arc from the Tsubasa manga where the manga storyline last stopped in the anime.

Same applicable principle for a possible Claymore OVA. It ignores completely all the events of the anime-original arc and starts with Northern War arc, how it should has to be in the manga, and from the on goes with the rest of the manga storyline.

Option B:
Another studio picks up the Claymore franchise and restarts it again with a series of OVA releases that closely follow the manga just like both Satelight and Geneon (Japan) are doing with the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs, after the fiasco that Gonzo did with the Hellsing TV series.

However, if this second possibility ever is considered and materializes they should have to wait until the manga has progressed far enough.

The manga likely won't be ending until mid-2013. Production for a new OVA could well begin until 2011 with the first volume released by 2012, and afterwards following OVAs would follow at certain time intervals to allow the manga to finish.
Old 2008-01-16, 05:05   Link #215
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I like those ideas a lot more than just tacking on a second season Guido. There really isn't much salvaging it right now. Priscilla's role as a regressed child is busted. Clare is back with Raki. Pieta was a success. ...
Old 2008-01-16, 23:08   Link #216
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
They could always go the FMA route with an alternate storyline. Granted, it takes some very good writing and the original magna artist being around to offer "alternate ideas" for the story, but it could happen.

Personally, I just want to see it get licensed.
Old 2008-01-18, 08:18   Link #217
Siegzon Caritas
Yuma! I CAN fight, too!

Send a message via MSN to Siegzon Caritas
Chiba,
Bleach fillers were okay if you liked Bleach, although the whole series--filler and non-filler seemed to nosedive after the soul society arc. ymmv, I still enjoy it.

The obvious way to do fillers is get the creator's input and then just focus on some Claymore in a distant region, or even some Claymore that left the 47 regions entirely. The filler gets complete autonomy without messing up the manga.

As for Raki, he formed a bond with Prisc, if I remember correctly, so there wass some justification for passive resistance. I liked the end before I read the manga, then I was

My yoriki is agitated. I sense we're getting closer to another chapter.
Old 2008-01-18, 17:54   Link #218
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I don't know what it is about fillers and me. I can smell them coming. Even when I haven't read the manga. It is like I have a spider sense. And they probably shouldn't bother me. They just do. Although sometimes I will muscle through them if I enjoy a fictional universe enough, like Frank Herbert's book Dune. Even though the extra stuff wasn't great it kept me in the universe and gave me more information, which was a bucket of fun.
Old 2008-01-19, 03:08   Link #219
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
A bit late perhaps? I'm trying to watch all the anime people think is "good," so here it is:

The Teresa arc, by no doubt, a 10. It was pretty much the best action arc I've seen in my life, and that's saying somewhat a lot. Even though the ending was quite confusing and well, bad, I only thought that the series lost the momentum it built up, and not just totally bombed it. I gave it a 9/10 because I won't put more weight on the final episodes for no reason at all. Claymore was good, very good, and for that fact it's mostly good, therefore worthy of a nine.

So far all the "good" anime that I'm not interested in from reading its synopsis was actually good. Next to tackle is Death Note, so wish me luck everyone!
Old 2008-01-19, 03:51   Link #220
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Khold Stare~ Don't you dare leave claymore without reading the manga! You have no idea what goodness is waiting for you in there!