AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-24, 04:08   Link #61
Eak
One angry cloud.

Any word on fansub groups picking up this series?
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 12:02   Link #62
Copycatken

I'm looking forward to this anime, but as Shiroth mentioned, I hope it won't be butchered and mishandled like the Ichigo 100% anime. I especially hope they don't add original content like the Ichigo 100% OAVs *shivers*.

As for the series itself, depending on how the characters are introduced, I fear it'll all become too confusing. In the manga, I was totally confused about who was who for the first 10 chapters, since there was such a huge cast of characters shoved into our faces at the same time. And also, with only 12/13 episodes, will they be able to flesh out all the relationships properly?

Anyways, I hope Misaki Yamamoto gets a lot of airtime.
Old 2009-02-27, 02:05   Link #63
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycatken View Post
And also, with only 12/13 episodes, will they be able to flesh out all the relationships properly?
Of course they won't but with hardly any relationships fleshed out at least it stay true to the manga! If any series needed a massive rewrite from manga to anime this is one of them. Lilim Kiss would've been a better choice to animate than this..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 09:12   Link #64
Copycatken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Of course they won't but with hardly any relationships fleshed out at least it stay true to the manga! If any series needed a massive rewrite from manga to anime this is one of them. Lilim Kiss would've been a better choice to animate than this..
As you say, since none of the relationships go very far, the anime will indeed be frustrating to watch since we'll be stuck with multiple "potential" relationships that are not going to happen or are going nowhere. I'm guessing the best compromise will be to stick to the manga but drop some of the relationships in order to only focus on two or three of them. So you'd relegate main characters from the manga down to supporting roles in the anime. If you do a total rewrite, then you run the chance of the writers screwing up the already weak story of the show.

@Eak: According to this website, AnimeYoshi is going to sub the show.
Old 2009-02-27, 09:38   Link #65
Fran~
floating away...

WOAH... im so looking forward for this...

I really like it, bad thing the abrupt ending, but there is material for some decent show, nothing fancy, but fun.

To see Misaki animated... or arguments between Enomoto and Kusuda... golden!.
Old 2009-02-27, 12:55   Link #66
Cinocard

Quote:
As you say, since none of the relationships go very far, the anime will indeed be frustrating to watch since we'll be stuck with multiple "potential" relationships that are not going to happen or are going nowhere. I'm guessing the best compromise will be to stick to the manga but drop some of the relationships in order to only focus on two or three of them. So you'd relegate main characters from the manga down to supporting roles in the anime. If you do a total rewrite, then you run the chance of the writers screwing up the already weak story of the show.
If they stay too true to the manga, yeah it would be a huge let down for me. I was incredibly annoyed when the manga was axed.

If they let out several couple, it's still a let down, as I feel like it's lacking something. And nothing guaranteed that my favorite ones will be chosen.

The only way that it would satisfy me is that they will do a 26 ep run. If it turns out good, all is fine. If not, I'm not the one to suffer The studio can always consult Kawashita sensei of what would happen after where the manga ended. I'm sure she had come up with something for that.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 16:45   Link #67
Midonin
Last Engage

The ED, titled the same as the series, has been confirmed to be sung by marble.

Source.

The OP has been confirmed to be "Future Stream" by the new seiyuu unit Sphere, which consists of Aki Toyosaki, Haruka Tomatsu, Ayahi Takagaki and Minako Kotobuki.

I knew they were being formed for something.

Last edited by Midonin; 2009-03-02 at 18:24.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 11:50   Link #68
Nosauz

it really depends on the amount of episodes this series gets, if its the speculated 13, I really don't think its possible to do much better than the manga because the main problem with the manga is that it ended prematurely. The concept is pretty cool, the notion of the six degrees of connections between people.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 09:52   Link #69
d4v1d_su

Hatsukoi Limited Promo.
I love the BMG

d4v1d_su is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 02:04   Link #70
InternetHaetMachine
Banned

sugoi! makes me excited to watch this.
InternetHaetMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 07:31   Link #71
Viola C
Teru Fan

I actually like this manga quite a bit. I've just finished reading it, to be honest, and I can't wait to see the anime. The promo seems very nice at least. It's not really the deepest or most well-constructed story in the world, but... the girls are cute? I can't even pick my favorite one.
Viola C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 07:36   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Personally i'm looking forward to seeing how the anime plans to handle each characters story. If they'll just keep doing one after another, or split a few up like the manga did.
Old 2009-03-14, 23:53   Link #73
Copycatken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally i'm looking forward to seeing how the anime plans to handle each characters story. If they'll just keep doing one after another, or split a few up like the manga did.
I sure hope they split it up. If it's just one relationship after another, the series will feel like 3-4 disjointed story arcs glued together to make a show.
Old 2009-03-15, 08:51   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I sure hope they split it up. If it's just one relationship after another, the series will feel like 3-4 disjointed story arcs glued together to make a show.
Yeah, going about it how the manga did is the safest bet.
Old 2009-03-17, 15:37   Link #75
Midonin
Last Engage

Just heard the OP - "Future Stream" - on Nicovideo. It's easy on the ears and a fun song, fitting for the genre. I'm a bit more excited for the show now.
Old 2009-03-17, 18:34   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm going to be watching ep1, but the named staff doesn't have much cross-over with Honey & Clover. The writer did Disgaea, and the director is doing his first show, having done a lot of animation work and storyboards for two eps of Mushishi and one of Elemental Gelade. I myself could never get into the manga.

It's the cast I find attractive, with Ise Mariya, Toyosaki Aki and Fujimura Ayumi all young half-known names who seem to do a good job of whatever they try. I'm a big Gotou Saori fan, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 18:47   Link #77
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I myself could never get into the manga.
Didn't miss much, truncated and in the end in its rushed ending never really brought any closure, also this work needed a large number of chapters to really develop the character relationships which were sparse at best when it ended, thats why i have my reserved skepticism for this show.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 22:24   Link #78
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, I reminder to everyone to please avoid posting any manga spoilers in this thread. The manga thread is over here.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 14:25   Link #79
Fandal

Is Yuu in the anime? Yamamoto's hair, why isn't it as airy
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 20:31   Link #80
Midonin
Last Engage

If anyone wants to get a feel for the OP, the first verse of it is streaming on sphere's home page.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen