AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 101 43.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 26.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 18.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.29%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-07, 18:34   Link #141
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not sure the "man up" theory is completely off. After all while they physically won't change from this, those that survive will change mentally. Theoretically gain a supreme appreciation for their real lives and wanting to live them to the fullest. Doubt someone that would set all this up cares about those who die. The ones that survive is probably all he cares about and if they "man up" from this experience then he'd have a success, assuming that's part of his motivation. Those that die were too weak and weren't needed in the world anyways.
You know I like this idea it makes sense and would be an interesting motivation.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-07-07 at 19:39.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 18:35   Link #142
lansglenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
The story line is pretty interesting. I think I can relate to Kirito. There are a couple things I don't see realistic in the first episode.

1. Kirito (beta tester) helping out a noob
If he was like level 20 helping out a noob, I can believe but both starting out the same time and both stayed at level 1 until GM introduction. If a game is released I'm pretty sure people will start leveling as fast as they could, unless they are those who actually read everything. The storyline should be easy to follow so rushing to high level I don't see a problem.

2. Too many females. Sure there are females playing mmos but there are just way too many. lmfao

3. Early area is way too empty, and no one pk'ing.

4. 2000 died only in a month? that's it? and still on first floor.

Everything else I find it pretty interesting. Would keep watching until the end.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-07, 18:38   Link #143
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Remember NO novel spoilers may be posted in epi threads, use the Novel thread please. Failure to do so may result in a ban.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 18:51   Link #144
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
3b.) Boy oh boy is there going to be massive PKing =)
Where is Haseo the PKK when you really need him? (.Hack// reference) .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:00   Link #145
Jarmel

Not a fan of the music so far but everything else is top notch.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:02   Link #146
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Found this another forum and I thought it was too funny not to share.

Spoiler for The unfortunate truth of all MMO's:
That is hilarious, I never noticed when I watched! And yet, so true.
Old 2012-07-07, 19:06   Link #147
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattaro View Post
If VRMMORPG was on the market then I would specially go to Japan to buy this
This kind of technology really interest me. In my opinion it would be great if something like that were made.
I'm too chicken, esp after this episode. I'd wait past the 1 month after official release to make sure it's safe.

I agree, Haseo's awesome.
Old 2012-07-07, 19:08   Link #148
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm too chicken, esp after this episode. I'd wait past the 1 month after official release to make sure it's safe.
I'd give it a lot more than one month. What would be more surprising than to find that the VRMMORPG that you've been logging into, and enjoying immensely for the past month or two has now become a death trap of sorts?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:37   Link #149
Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Found this another forum and I thought it was too funny not to share.

Spoiler for The unfortunate truth of all MMO's:
That part crack me up lol
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:01   Link #150
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
The story line is pretty interesting. I think I can relate to Kirito. There are a couple things I don't see realistic in the first episode.

1. Kirito (beta tester) helping out a noob
If he was like level 20 helping out a noob, I can believe but both starting out the same time and both stayed at level 1 until GM introduction. If a game is released I'm pretty sure people will start leveling as fast as they could, unless they are those who actually read everything. The storyline should be easy to follow so rushing to high level I don't see a problem.

2. Too many females. Sure there are females playing mmos but there are just way too many. lmfao

3. Early area is way too empty, and no one pk'ing.

4. 2000 died only in a month? that's it? and still on first floor.

Everything else I find it pretty interesting. Would keep watching until the end.
Answers:

#1: Depends on the beta tester. Some people rush, but there are usually lots of nice guys who are willing to help out a noob. I know I always did, even when I was creating a new character and was low level.

#2: You were not paying attention. Turns out most of those girls were actually guys.

#3: It's the first day of a brand new game. Lots of people are exploring the town, meeting up in groups, working on their blacksmith skills... And how many people start PKing right at the start, don't they usually try to level up first and get the right gear so that they don't get killed by their targets? Plus we aren't sure if the game was hardcore right from the start, or did it change that way after the tutorial announcement?

#4: That's 20% losses. That's about right for a hardcore game, especially assuming that everyone is doing their best not to die. Plus, the PKing might be far less prevalent, at least at first. After all, now PKing means you're actually killing another human... and there is no guarantee that you won't be held liable for it if you manage to get out.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:14   Link #151
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Because no system can be hacked/taken over by the person who personally designed the core of the system
I feel that if the machine was designed to be able to produce microwaves or any harmful thing, it would be possible to detect it.
At least to my knowledge, if my DS was hacked, it could never produce microwaves to barbeque my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Its the game designer the one who did this, so its a safe public game under legal standars .
I'm not sure how you jumped from "game designer who did this" = "safe public game under legal standards", because I'm wondering how it could have been considered safe to the public in the first place if it was able to cause such damage in the first place. Whoever decided that it was okay to sell this to the public is gonna get fried for being irresponsible.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:18   Link #152
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Not as impressive opening as I would have hoped, but still good. I think a lot of the wind in my sails got taken out because the trailer pretty much spoilered the developments of the first episode and it was basically like waiting for it to get rolling. Almost like when you play a game and you've already seen the intro credits but you're forced to go through them again .

Anyhow, it does look nice and I think it has potential to be one of the home runs of the summer.

However, I do wonder if more real life details will sneak into the players lives because we basically know nothing about the main character right now, which sort of bothers me. I presume this will be added to later, but although everything is sort of grim, it never really compelled me to care too much about their fates as I hardly know them.

1 death is a tragedy a million is a statistic. Basically if I want to really feel the weight of what's happening I got to get more connected to the character, which the first episode did not establish too well yet.

Still it setup up everything rather well so it gets credit for that. I would actually say I enjoyed the first episode of Accel World more than this though.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:18   Link #153
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I feel that if the machine was designed to be able to produce microwaves or any harmful thing, it would be possible to detect it.
At least to my knowledge, if my DS was hacked, it could never produce microwaves to barbeque my brain.

I'm not sure how you jumped from "game designer who did this" = "safe public game under legal standards", because I'm wondering how it could have been considered safe to the public in the first place if it was able to cause such damage in the first place.
I don't think so since the microwaves inside the system was possibly already built in to serve its purpose as it was explained in the first episode. It's possibly like some kind of bug or a program that the dude installed so that when tested it wouldn't show suspicions of potential threat to the consumer, and can activate it when he chooses too, like the log out button, and the "avatar" change. That's just my theory.
Old 2012-07-07, 20:33   Link #154
SABER60069

I say Kirito is very brave considering the situation

I have played a lot of MMO and I have died A LOT

I can't possibly imagine facing a monster immediately after that announcement under these conditions like Kirito did

In my experience playing MMO, any mistake can easily cause your death and having to keep yourself alive all the way to endgame will be an incredible feat that I cannot do.

And this mobs don't respawn thing is kinda harsh you are given two choices of 1.Wasting too much time thinking and end up unable to level up 2.Rushing too quick and risk dying.
SABER60069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:37   Link #155
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABER60069 View Post
And this mobs don't respawn thing is kinda harsh you are given two choices of 1.Wasting too much time thinking and end up unable to level up 2.Rushing too quick and risk dying.
Mobs do respawn, it's just that 10,000 players is far too many for a single area, and it will make grinding very difficult for all of them.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:39   Link #156
gunzblitz

Spoiler for Kinda off-topic with the current topic:
gunzblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:39   Link #157
lansglenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABER60069 View Post
I say Kirito is very brave considering the situation

I have played a lot of MMO and I have died A LOT

I can't possibly imagine facing a monster immediately after that announcement under these conditions like Kirito did

In my experience playing MMO, any mistake can easily cause your death and having to keep yourself alive all the way to endgame will be an incredible feat that I cannot do.

Mobs do respawn (I think?). Players don't respawn.

I agree that if this was a real life situation inside of a MMORPG, it would take some incredible feat to pull off beating the game w/o dying.

What I think works in the players' advantage is maybe that you can out-level the content therefore everything's easier, and that you can have no limit on the size of the raid party in an encounter.
Old 2012-07-07, 20:40   Link #158
kyp275
Meh

Quote:

You don't get it, it's not something they didn't know, it's the very basis of the neural-interface technology that Nerv Gear is based on. What they didn't realize is that the built-in safety could be by-passed and the headset being able to turn the users into hostages. Remember, this is a brand new technology in its first iteration.

Quote:
I'm not sure how you jumped from "game designer who did this" = "safe public game under legal standards", because I'm wondering how it could have been considered safe to the public in the first place if it was able to cause such damage in the first place. Whoever decided that it was okay to sell this to the public is gonna get fried for being irresponsible.
Someone obviously isn't very familiar with modern pharmaceutical companies if one is surprised by how something that's considered safe for the public could actually cause harm :P
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:43   Link #159
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunzblitz View Post
Spoiler for Kinda off-topic with the current topic:
I think they did a great job capturing the dark atmosphere of that moment because it's a foreboding to add more tension to the scene and the predicament that they're in. Think about it, they were playing a really great game and all of a sudden things started to get a little cryptic and horrifying for the people who logged in and have to risk their lives to win their freedom. The music really helped set the mood and tone for everything that built up to where it did.
Old 2012-07-07, 20:47   Link #160
gunzblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I think they did a great choice capturing the atmosphere and that moment because it's a foreboding to add more tension to the scene and the predicament that they're in. Think about it, they were playing a really great game and all of a sudden things started to get a little haywire and cryptic, and the music really set the mood and tone for everything that built up to where it did.
I guess so. I was expecting the tension to just suddenly pop out when Kayaba introduced the tutorial. But by going from ep1's direction it does a good job of building the tension.

Spoiler for Does this count as LN spoiler?:
gunzblitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi, shonen