AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2014-05-26, 01:36   Link #1
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

ClariS

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/claris/info/440308

It's official, ClariS is disbanding. Alice is graduating so I guess she's gonna focus on school.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 03:46   Link #2
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Gonna miss their songs
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 03:58   Link #3
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

That's a real pity. I wonder who will be the next utaitte from NND to achieve the same level of popularity.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 03:59   Link #4
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Not really disbanding. Thought they may replaced alice with someone else.

Or simply taking long break

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 05:08   Link #5
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

ClariS broke up...? =/

One of the only few group i actually cared about. And now they've gone....
Old 2014-05-26, 06:02   Link #6
abc0716

Indeed a shocking yet sad news, because ClariS are one of my favorite Anisong band/group.

But I think SMJ may making ClariS like another Supercell, by switching/changing the vocalist on the group.

Nevertheless, wish Alice good luck on her study.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 07:22   Link #7
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
ClariS broke up...? =/
More like the "Alice" half has graduated already.
ClariS is no longer a duo composed of Clara and Alice, it's instead a unit composed of a "Clara" and an "Alice".

It's too bad that ClariS has become this. More likely, no matter who will become the next "Alice", ClariS will no longer be the same. :/
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 09:05   Link #8
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I'm surprised that no one's has ever heard of the fanclub I made of ClariS a long time ago.

Anyways...

Ahem:

I just woke up and this news as a truly dedicated ClariS fan and supporter this hits me really hard. It seems like the only options for the group is to:

A. Take a hiatus
B. Disband
C. Find a new member

Even if they find a new member it just won't be the same without Alice since she and Clara are like one complete unit. This news is truly worrying but I'm interested in where this will be going. To think their album is coming out in a week and a half.

Alice. It's sad to see you go, but as a big of on here I respect your decision. I'll always give you and the group my full support in whatever you do. But this...it's really sad and sudden, you know!
Old 2014-05-26, 12:20   Link #9
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I'm surprised that no one's has ever heard of the fanclub I made of ClariS a long time ago.

Anyways...

Ahem:

I just woke up and this news as a truly dedicated ClariS fan and supporter this hits me really hard. It seems like the only options for the group is to:

A. Take a hiatus
B. Disband
C. Find a new member

Even if they find a new member it just won't be the same without Alice since she and Clara are like one complete unit. This news is truly worrying but I'm interested in where this will be going. To think their album is coming out in a week and a half.

Alice. It's sad to see you go, but as a big of on here I respect your decision. I'll always give you and the group my full support in whatever you do. But this...it's really sad and sudden, you know!
As a fan can you answer me a question? Clara and Alice are the same age right? Doesn't that mean Clara should be graduating too?
Old 2014-05-26, 12:40   Link #10
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
As a fan can you answer me a question? Clara and Alice are the same age right? Doesn't that mean Clara should be graduating too?
As a proud and noble ClariS fanatic expert I will gladly give you an answer.

Ahem:

Clara and Alice are the same age. They practiced music since they were in kindergarten and they met during music school around that same time as classmates "hint hint". As for Clara we still don't know where her stance in all this is since there's no news of what her future plans are. As a fan, I can say that Alice will mostly not continue due to her long lasting relationship with Alice, or they'll discuss on what she can do on her own if she chooses to continue in the music industry.

Like I said, all we can do is wait. I can't help but wonder what Clara's plans are and what she plans to do now.

Here's some thoughts I shared in the fanclub I created if you're interested, of course.
Old 2014-05-26, 19:48   Link #11
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
As a proud and noble ClariS fanatic expert I will gladly give you an answer.

Ahem:

Clara and Alice are the same age. They practiced music since they were in kindergarten and they met during music school around that same time as classmates "hint hint". As for Clara we still don't know where her stance in all this is since there's no news of what her future plans are. As a fan, I can say that Alice will mostly not continue due to her long lasting relationship with Alice, or they'll discuss on what she can do on her own if she chooses to continue in the music industry.

Like I said, all we can do is wait. I can't help but wonder what Clara's plans are and what she plans to do now.

Here's some thoughts I shared in the fanclub I created if you're interested, of course.
Man... still can't get over the news.

I simply will just assume that:
- After the duo gotten much success within the industry and grow much 'mutual feelings' toward each other. One day, Ran.. i means Alice's mother who's a powerful woman within Japan entertainment industry realised Alice real identity. Afraid that her daughter real identity will hurt her image, her mother forced Alice to quit ClariS and have to stay away from Clara. Alice can't defy her mother will, but she ran away from home leaving Clara to search her all over, even hired detectives to. But fear not, they will accidentally meet up again in a heartfelt union 8 months from now, right before Clara's 18th birthday. And the duo will rejoin again, this time with a much stronger bond and resolve.

Happy ending

Yes. I took the scenario straight out of Strawberry Shake Sweet last chapter

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-05-26 at 20:18.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 21:59   Link #12
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

- After the duo gotten much success within the industry and grow much 'mutual feelings' toward each other. One day, Ran.. i means Alice's mother who's a powerful woman within Japan entertainment industry realised Alice real identity. Afraid that her daughter real identity will hurt her image, her mother forced Alice to quit ClariS and have to stay away from Clara. Alice can't defy her mother will, but she ran away from home leaving Clara to search her all over, even hired detectives to. But fear not, they will accidentally meet up again in a heartfelt union 8 months from now, right before Clara's 18th birthday. And the duo will rejoin again, this time with a much stronger bond and resolve.

Happy ending

I have always thought that the duo's situation was very manga-like. I mean two middle schoolers hitting it big while hiding their identity? It's so cliche it's unreal.

ClariS origin series now, animated by Shaft.
Old 2014-05-26, 22:17   Link #13
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
I have always thought that the duo's situation was very manga-like. I mean two middle schoolers hitting it big while hiding their identity? It's so cliche it's unreal.

Yes. Fund this!! And get Ume Aoki to do character design too!!
Old 2014-05-26, 22:17   Link #14
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Happy ending

That's truly the most beautiful ClariS tale I've ever read. Couldn't put it any better myself. The news is still very saddening, but you may never know; Alice could come back in a couple of years or so. Focusing on school is important for a girl her age and I think it could also be a "measure" to ensure that her school life and privacy outside the industry will not be tampered with. And when her studies and school thing cools down she may come back. Maybe it's me being an optimist, but it's better to be hopeful than anything. Groups break up, go on hiatus, or they can choose to reunite overtime...it's a matter of when and a matter of common interest.

Still awaiting news on what Alice is going to do.

Quote:

I find that the secret image thing they've pulled is what made them their own identity as artists. I mean it has been an effective selling point for them, and me looking at their neat illustrations to promote themselves and the mediums they're promoting was really endearing and clever.

I would totally love to see a ClariS anime, but I wonder how they'll arrange that since the duo behind the musics future is sort of dark right now. But the illustrations behind the voices are really colorful and neat. I know I will love to see those come into fruition.

Last edited by Kirito; 2014-05-26 at 22:27.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 00:26   Link #15
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Ahh, will miss them. I've been a fan of some of their songs.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 00:29   Link #16
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I can't be the only one here who doesn't really give much about this news, or the group for that matter.

I never quite saw the appeal in them when all their songs were mediocre at best and sounded pretty much the same. And I wouldn't be surprised if the whole hiding their identity thing was merely a ploy so that the singers could be replaced at random and no one would know the difference.
Old 2014-05-27, 02:49   Link #17
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
For an anime-focused pop group, they were pretty good for what they were. Catchy songs, easy to listen, and although they sounded a bit too similar in for their big single hits I don't have a problem with them. Way more preferable then the numerous over-cutesy, squeaky high pitched idol songs.

They were no Supercell (when Nagi Yanagi were around, don't care about the current one) nor are they Choucho, but they were pretty decent and I can understand why people are disappointed over the news.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 04:15   Link #18
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

only their Madoka stuff that consider to be good. rest is simply mediocre IMO

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 05:17   Link #19
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Who?

Nah, just kidding . Never been a fan of this group, but I do like Madoka OP, OreImo OP1, and Nisekoi OP2 which they sang. Even though their singing & songs are considered mediocre, at least they’re easy for the ears, unlike some anime singers/vocal groups/bands out there whose songs & vocal only brings pain to my ears. So that’s that.
Old 2014-05-27, 08:27   Link #20
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I like ClariS simply because their singing is quite easy on the ears, which makes it infinitely repeatable to me, and their voices harmonize quite well with each other. And of course, their songs for Oreimo and Madoka are still some of my favorite songs in a while. Hence, kinda a shame to hear them no longer continuing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote