AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 42 15.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 18.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 67 25.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 57 21.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 28 10.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 3.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 1.87%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.75%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-03, 11:01   Link #261
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
The OP is 'Katayoku no Tori' by Shikata Akiko and the ED is 'la divina tagedia ~makyoku~' by Jimang.
Old 2009-07-03, 11:19   Link #262
Lostdreams

Maria gets the most freaky little kid award, thanx to her abusive mother!!!

Last edited by Lostdreams; 2009-07-03 at 11:36.
Old 2009-07-03, 11:47   Link #263
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I have to say the OP gives out a pretty promising aura (considering that i still have no idea what Umineko about yet). It give me a good chill and the song and the animation is matching quite well .....

Can't compare to Higurashi S1 OP yet (the only series that i expect would be in similar genre) as Higurashi OP getting more addictive as the story unfolded =P
Old 2009-07-03, 12:27   Link #264
Alaya
Counter Force

I still think the game OP is far more epic than the anime one ><

Well, if I get a permission from the moderator, I will post the youtube link to it for the new viewer to compare with the anime one (The first OP or the promotional video of course, since it contain no spoiler).

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-03, 14:25   Link #265
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
That's actually in Episode 2. The promise he makes on Episode 1 is the 'let me feel your breasts when you get older'.

The best part of that is Maria going "Sure !"
Old 2009-07-03, 15:46   Link #266
achirist

I didn't really like this episode that much - I was sad they had to use the 'humor' of one character going around and randomly grabbing girls breasts, only to be assaulted in physically exaggerated ways - and really, since the violence didn't work the first time, what about talking about why it is bad/inappropriate and people won't respond well? But I have a feeling this is going to just be a running gag in every episode with nothing deeper to it.
Old 2009-07-03, 15:51   Link #267
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
Nope, it's not even a gag. Jan-Poo explained it earlier for the anime viewers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well in the anime version it isn't explained, but for Battler's honor's sake I think it must be said that the "breast sommelier" thing is just Battler's way to joke and be friendly in his perverted way. What he's aiming for is to make the girls react.
When Shannon doesn't react at all he's somewhat shocked because that's not what he's expecting, and therefore he's actually happy that Jessica was there to stop him.

In both the manga and the visual novel there's this part:

Battler: Thank you Jessica.
Jessica: Why are you thanking me?!
Old 2009-07-03, 16:17   Link #268
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
Well, there must be a lil humor here and there in a while, and seeing as most females (if not all) have huge boobs I guess it was the most efficient way they could make some funny parts.
Old 2009-07-03, 16:18   Link #269
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Actually there were some funny parts in the VN that weren't perverted. Especially in the later arks but I think they were cut
Old 2009-07-03, 16:50   Link #270
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
Oh well, at least I have one person to hate from the 1st episode. That b1tch Eva!
Old 2009-07-03, 16:52   Link #271
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Poor fellows they are all hated since the first episode
Maria, Eva...who's next xD? Rosa, Jessica, just who?

I'm still watinting for the first time viewers to come up with pairs xDD I want to know what they root for, I love it when people (sometimes me inculded) start thinking about who to pair up without any character devolpment done yet. The funniest pairs come out of that
Old 2009-07-03, 16:58   Link #272
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

I don't really hate Maria, she got what was coming to her, so that calmed me down XD.
But Eva was downright annoying, and I could say the same about Natsu's husband.. what kind of man is he if he can't even stand up for his wife. Yeah I guess I hate him too now.

I did like Rosa though. She seems pretty normal. I think anyone would have done that to Maria, so yeah, she's normal.
Old 2009-07-03, 17:02   Link #273
Scython

Dude, I would never beat the crap out of a 9yr old girl :O
Old 2009-07-03, 17:04   Link #274
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Considering how she acted.... I dunno... I would at least think about it
Old 2009-07-03, 17:04   Link #275
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Sonozaki View Post
I did like Rosa though. She seems pretty normal. I think anyone would have done that to Maria, so yeah, she's normal.
I beg to differ, but regardless how someone is taking care of a child, using violence is "hardly" normal. I've seen much worse tantrum IRL, but I didn't see a flat out violence like this.

There are a lot more efficient methods to calm a child, and the fact Maria doesn't get it when Rosa yell her to stop pretty much implies Rosa didn't manage several times this kind of things. Education is at fault here.

Quote:
Considering how she acted.... I dunno... I would at least think about it
That is certainly the worst way to make a child stop: using violence and fear is detrimental to the child psyche and growth (especially before puberty): that's actually the best way to make one's childhood miserable and a very troublesome and rebellous adolescence.
Old 2009-07-03, 17:07   Link #276
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Krauss got under corssfire, too xD But hey isn't it beter to sent Natsuhi away instead of making more fuss out of it?

And no, I wouldn't have beaten Maria for her "uu" sound, it was annoying, but beating your own daughter who's nine years old is abit harsh. And yes Maria was stubborn but if childs are stubborn beating isn't they way to raise them properly.

But ehm guys...was it even said that Natsuhi and Krauss are Jessi's parants maybe I overread that part in the subs?
Old 2009-07-03, 17:11   Link #277
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I beg to differ, but regardless how someone is taking care of a child, using violence is "hardly" normal. I've seen much worse tantrum IRL, but I didn't see a flat out violence like this.

There are a lot more efficient methods to calm a child, and the fact Maria doesn't get it when Rosa yell her to stop pretty much implies Rosa didn't manage several times this kind of things. Education is at fault here.

That is certainly the worst way to make a child stop: using violence and fear is detrimental to the child psyche and growth (especially before puberty): that's actually the best way to make one's childhood miserable and a very troublesome and rebellous adolescence.
That doesn't mean it is Rosa's fault. A 4th grader child should know when to stop, especially if yelled at. The fact that she didn't stop even after being told(yelled) several times means she's stubborn. Not only her education is at fault here, but also herself.

Also you can see she's damn stubborn, by staying there even after she got what came to her.
Don't get me wrong, I don't support child violence XD.. but there are times when it's the only way xd...
Old 2009-07-03, 17:14   Link #278
Kitsu
The unlucky one

It's not in the nature of humans to be stubborn, it's they were educated, means Rosa is at fault. And of course she stays there because of a reason that wasn't said in ANime episode

Spoiler for Difference:
Old 2009-07-03, 17:16   Link #279
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
It's not in the nature of humans to be stubborn, it's they were educated, means Rosa is at fault. And of course she stays there because of a reason that wasn't said in ANime episode

Spoiler for Difference:
Spoiler for Difference:
Old 2009-07-03, 17:17   Link #280
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That doesn't mean it is Rosa's fault. A 4th grader child should know when to stop, especially if yelled at. The fact that she didn't stop even after being told(yelled) several times means she's stubborn. Not only her education is at fault here, but also herself.
That is absolutely not a golden rule. As everyone noticed, Maria still went on her tantrum even after the yells. Considering Rosa reactions and comments, it is an absolute proof that it is a rinse and repeat. Which means: Maria has no other choice BUT to continue. Ergo, that means she has only THAT way to demonstrate how discontent she is, even if that way will infuriate her mother. By this extension, it also mean there is ALREADY a problem with the child's psyche due to the education.

A child development has a lot of layers, and if something goes wrong and that child still go against the usual "orders", it isn't about personality etc, but development.
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't support child violence XD.. but there are times when it's the only way xd...
And this is where I disagree: NEVER, and I mean it, NEVER violence is the "only solution left in certain case". That is plainly wrong. There are always several ways to deal with a child. Saying violence is the last resort or the only option is a flat out misconception. Violence against children should NEVER be an option.