AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-01-13, 12:41   Link #21
marvelB

Well, as I said previously, while I have zero doubts that the Vinsmokes would inevitably be crushed by Big Mom's forces, I can't see them sitting still and letting themselves get killed, either. Chances are, they'd put up quite the struggle once they catch wind of Linlin's true intentions. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Judge already foresaw a betrayal and already has a contingency plan in place for the tea party. Yes, Whole Cake Island may very well turn into a war zone on the day of the wedding.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 12:45   Link #22
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, as I said previously, while I have zero doubts that the Vinsmokes would inevitably be crushed by Big Mom's forces, I can't see them sitting still and letting themselves get killed, either. Chances are, they'd put up quite the struggle once they catch wind of Linlin's true intentions. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Judge already foresaw a betrayal and already has a contingency plan in place for the tea party. Yes, Whole Cake Island may very well turn into a war zone on the day of the wedding.....
I think Luffy is the one who will reveal Pudding intention to Judge if Luffy crossess path with him, Luffy clearly doesn't aware about Judge jerkness to Sanji he only know Judge is Sanji father.....actually know or not he will tell Judge because that is Luffy.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 12:48   Link #23
Gilly

So the cuffs aren't going to explode after all. That's one more problem that's taken care of itself. And Jinbe doesn't seem to have lost anything to Big Mom's roulette, so that makes another problem gone before it even appeared. Now all that's left is for Big Mom to die from diabetes while eating the wedding cake, and for the fourth Pobeglyph to fall from the sky and land in front of Luffy's feet, and Oda can wrap up his manga.

I'm not salty at all.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 12:54   Link #24
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingwalls View Post
1. For some reason I see a death flag over Jinbei's head. Even if Oda doesn't kill characters normally.

2. Rieju for best girl. I don't think any other character has really earned it.

3. I can't shake the feeling that they will end up back in Fishman Island at some point soon, directly connected to events of this arc. Both because of Jinbei's presence, Big Mom's connection to the arc and the prediction by Shyarla that Luffy would destroy fishman island. Fishman island arc felt like a 'minor' arc, but the revelation that Shirahoshi is poseidon means that it has some significance to play.
I don't have anything to say about the other points but I am starting to think that you may actually be right about 3. It looks quite posible for Jimbei to rescue SH and run with them to Fishman island where Luffy would be healed and take charge in the counter attack. Atleast I see it like that if it ever happen fight on the Fishman island
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 13:07   Link #25
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
So the cuffs aren't going to explode after all. That's one more problem that's taken care of itself. And Jinbe doesn't seem to have lost anything to Big Mom's roulette, so that makes another problem gone before it even appeared. Now all that's left is for Big Mom to die from diabetes while eating the wedding cake, and for the fourth Pobeglyph to fall from the sky and land in front of Luffy's feet, and Oda can wrap up his manga.

I'm not salty at all.
uh... we don't know anything about jinbei yet...
the whole circumstances about his deal with BM and the way he showed up and just "rebelled" seems weird to me

BM is still a Yonko, the SH just doesn't waltz in there and beat her
Old 2017-01-14, 02:32   Link #26
itachi-san314

Quote:
In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Judge already foresaw a betrayal and already has a contingency plan in place for the tea party.
yea, I bet Judge is already prepared for a BM betrayal. She is one of the top pirates after all. You'd have to be Luffy-level naive to take her at her word.

Quote:
Yes, Whole Cake Island may very well turn into a war zone on the day of the wedding.....
I guarantee that wedding cake is going to get ruined somehow.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 06:24   Link #27
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Marines will surely noticed this anyway... They will always keep the Yonko in check whatever their action is..

You see like when Kaido want to battle Shirohige but Shanks stop Kaido and also when Shirohige make contact with Shanks. It indicates that Marines will always keep them in check.

Even though BM is a Yonko, her power can be predicted weakened considerably as i calculate some expectations.

1. BM will lose Germa's Technology since we don't know that what if the Germa Cloning Facility is rigged with explosives to prevent anyone aside of Vinsmoke family to access it.
2. Marines will launch the assault to further weaken BM's forces.
3. Sun Pirates will become a part of Straw Hats Grand Fleet.
4. Jinbe will be diplomats for Straw Hats to maintain the alliance on the Grand Fleet.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 10:39   Link #28
Clipens

Quote:

I'm not salty at all.

----

Considering the hints in the story and the analogies between Paradise and New World:

From the start to the Paradise → From the (re-)start to the new world
First part of Grand Line → First part of New World
Sky Island arc → Zou arc (first poneglyph – Inuarashi Squad)
CP9 arc → Totta land arc (second poneglyph - Luffy Squad)
Thriller Bark arc → Oar's island arc (third poneglyph – Nekomamushi Squad)
Sabaody Archipelago → Wanokuni arc (fourth poneglyph – Kinemon Squad)
Amazon Lily → Madam Shirley's prophecy
Impel Down → Straw hat Grand Fleet arc
Marine ford → Kaidou's war
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 11:29   Link #29
Kaz_

Interesting small-note, game developer Blizzard decided to honor our 2 badass admirals via giving them 2 item references for World Of Warcraft.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137084/a...solute-justice

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=144260/ice-time
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 16:02   Link #30
necrolyte

^WTF?! Nothing for our favorite admiral - Borsalino Btw "Akainu's Absolute Justice" sounds really cool if I was still playing I was going to do everything to obtain it
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 10:37   Link #31
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
Interesting small-note, game developer Blizzard decided to honor our 2 badass admirals via giving them 2 item references for World Of Warcraft.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137084/a...solute-justice

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=144260/ice-time
Unfortunately Akainu's item isn't that good to be honest. Much better legendry's for the Shaman class. But yes the reference is nice.
Blizzard references a lot of things to be honest in WoW and other games I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
^WTF?! Nothing for our favorite admiral - Borsalino Btw "Akainu's Absolute Justice" sounds really cool if I was still playing I was going to do everything to obtain it
LOL Good luck with the RNG.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2017-01-20 at 12:17. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 16:09   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Now all that's left is for Big Mom to die from diabetes while eating the wedding cake

On a related note, I think it would be freaking hilarious if, when Luffy finally confronts Big Mom face to face, she's about to land her first strike on him.... when suddenly, diabetic nerve damage kicks in, rendering her limbs useless. An instant victory for our rubber friend against a Yonkou!
Old 2017-01-20, 20:16   Link #33
P_Dezz

Big Mom has a lot going against her considering this is really her and Pudding's plot. She would have vinsmokes, Strawhats against her plus Jinbe, and Ceasar. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaido didn't have somebody from his group going there as well considering what Pekoms said that yonko are well informed and know what's going on. It would be one of his best chances to also get a print of the road poneglyph.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 22:03   Link #34
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
Big Mom has a lot going against her considering this is really her and Pudding's plot. She would have vinsmokes, Strawhats against her plus Jinbe, and Ceasar. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaido didn't have somebody from his group going there as well considering what Pekoms said that yonko are well informed and know what's going on. It would be one of his best chances to also get a print of the road poneglyph.
And Marines doesn't want to stand still as well with this commotion if Yonko mobilizing unit to Whole Cake Island, surely Marines always keep them in check.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 22:56   Link #35
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
The thing is, they have to get through the other islands first before they can get to WCI. Remember, Totland consists of like 34 other Islands.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2017-01-21, 18:27   Link #36
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
The thing is, they have to get through the other islands first before they can get to WCI. Remember, Totland consists of like 34 other Islands.
a guy like Jack would sail through those islands quite easily, remember it just took them sometime because they were trying to be inconspicuous, and not be discovered. it seemed like the other totland islands were just small residential areas, with different themes to them.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 18:52   Link #37
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
a guy like Jack would sail through those islands quite easily, remember it just took them sometime because they were trying to be inconspicuous, and not be discovered. it seemed like the other totland islands were just small residential areas, with different themes to them.
Your forgetting that the Strawhats had Pekoms to guide them to one Island and then Pudding guided them again. Remember the underwater things, the sea slugs, and Tarts that will alert any hostilities.

Your just seeming to be Biased into thinking all these measures wouldn't matter. Everything would have to go perfect for your Jack to not get discovered.

Old 2017-01-21, 23:38   Link #38
marvelB

So, in other news.... we've got a preview of volume 84's cover:

Images
vol. 84
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^Huh, pretty surprising to see that the Vinsmokes have different hair colors (looks like only Sanji and Judge are blond). Well, cool cover overall, I'd say!
Old 2017-01-21, 23:44   Link #39
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
So, in other news.... we've got a preview of volume 84's cover:

Images
vol. 84
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^Huh, pretty surprising to see that the Vinsmokes have different hair colors (looks like only Sanji and Judge are blond). Well, cool cover overall, I'd say!
Nah, oda or somebody needs to make them go blonde! They look awesome as blonde.

I suppose it's fine if it's the Gene manipulation but hopefully they'll get a re-work and go to blonde!

They're overselling it imo.

Old 2017-01-22, 03:24   Link #40
The Small One

If they have different haircolors, it doesn't really make sense, that Luffy thought the brother were Sanji, when they met on the way to Big Mom. Unless Luffy is color blind.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote