AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2023-11-05, 01:23   Link #181
Liddo-kun
is this so?

took several months, but finally able to get Serval's Crit Damage to 120+. while keeping her Crit Rate at 70+. This is my long term goal for all dps I use often.

Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-06, 01:00   Link #182
larethian

Serval benefits more from a break effect build. A traditional DPS build centering on crit is kind of weak for her kit. Your Serval is also kind of slow. She won't perform very well for MoC.

You typically want her to be strong in break effect damage and DoT, which do not use crit in their formulae. Which means high attack for her skill scaling, break effect and fast, and support her with a defense shredder.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-06, 01:32   Link #183
Liddo-kun
is this so?

tried break effect builds once and the damage is severely underwhelming. Which is why all my dps are undergoing a reform to crit centered builds like this. Those with follow up attacks are using Inert Salsotto, while others use Rutilant Arena. So far, I'm satisfied with the damage output.

I'm interested to see though. Do you have videos of your Serval's performance in MoC? I like to see the basic attack, skill, and break damage output on boss type enemies, or those large enemies like grizzly.

_________

edit:

question for f2p Jingliu. Which light cone is better for her, the Destruction light cone from Herta store or Clara light cone?
assuming the cone from Herta store is max superimposed, while the Claea cone is not superimpose even once.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2023-11-06 at 02:15.
Old 2023-11-06, 02:28   Link #184
larethian

Hmm, are you keeping infinite shock on your enemies and supporting her with defense shredder? And it will only do well against lightning-weak.

At least half her kit is about DoT and DoT doesn't use crit in its formula. If you do better with your crit build, then go for it, though it could be due to your break build lacking something, or you don't use a good defense shred support. Defense shred is important as it's considered in both break and dot formulae.

Also note that, while going for break effect build, you still need to balance other stats and she still needs high ATK because her DoT scales with ATK, and you want enough speed to not get into SP- territory, and the speed will also help her get more energy in a cycle for her ultimate again supporting infinite shock. Not to mention that, enemies' speed scales with their levels, so during the last few stages, they are much faster and could get out of shock if you are too slow to extend or reapply it. Lastly, you would still want some crit but a secondary stat for a break build.

And no, I don't do videos. Nowadays, I primarily use mono-quantum on one side, another quantum or Clara for the other side for higher levels of MoC last few MoCs. I'm able to auto full-clear till stage 9 and too lazy to manual stage 10 last MoC because Star Rail is ranked 6th on my game priorities currently, so I'm low-key + no try-hard for the last 2-3 months.

At any rate, the Serval topic on break build being a better build for her, has been researched and generally recommended by the community as far as I can remember.
Old 2023-11-06, 02:51   Link #185
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I don't use my Serval anymore. Kafka has been my go-to for Lightning enemies . And I use Sampo as the secondary DPS for the DoT vulnerability.
Didn't realize there's a Break build now for Serval. Still thought that Break was still not that viable. Guess there's been enough time already to playtest and calculate all these things. I could change builds I guess for Serval since I have some leeway now after being able to clear MoC consistently. Been focusing on maxing out skill levels and relic levels nowadays to any character I feel leveling for the day.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-06, 03:11   Link #186
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Hmm, are you keeping infinite shock on your enemies and supporting her with defense shredder? And it will only do well against lightning-weak.

At least half her kit is about DoT and DoT doesn't use crit in its formula. If you do better with your crit build, then go for it, though it could be due to your break build lacking something, or you don't use a good defense shred support. Defense shred is important as it's considered in both break and dot formulae.
I would just like to quote in on this. Well, defense shred is good, but Pela can't be on both teams at once. Since MoC requires two teams. I prefer my characters not to rely on it too much. Of course, with Pela there, then it's easier.

you don't do videos? I would have preferred to seen the individual damages on basic, skill, and break, since you seem to main Serval.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2023-11-06 at 17:51. Reason: spelling
Old 2023-11-06, 20:51   Link #187
larethian

I don't main serval. I used her for lightning moc stages in early days. Defense shred is just a lot more important for units that focus on breaks and DoT since crits don't work there. But serval is not a meta in moc clears anyway; I'm just commenting on your build based on my knowledge on her limitations with a crit build. Also, your serval is really too slow for moc.

And why would i bother with doing a video for my casual game when I can't provide distinct value over other content creators? I'm not even the one who figured out all the math, and just quoting other people who analyzed it. You can check out keqingmains' analysis (edit: I just remembered it's only on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStarR..._build_serval/). I much rather spend my time playing other games I'm more invested in.

Last edited by larethian; 2023-11-06 at 21:18.
Old 2023-11-11, 01:23   Link #188
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

https://www.hoyolab.com/article/22908774

1.6 QoL

New floors for MoC. Floors 11 and 12 will give out same 60 gems for a total of 720 per MoC phase. There's also an auto clear of floors 1-6 if you cleared it in the last phase. You will start at floor 7 in the next phase.

New game mode Pure Fiction. Endless enemies with limited cycles. Beat many and get high score. This new mode will rotate out with MoC so it's not additional income but it will still give out 720 if full cleared, same as MoC. MoC will last 2 weeks, then new mode Pure Fiction will replace it, then MoC again.

Nameless Glory(Battle Pass) will give out additional rewards past level 50, though only credits and Relic books.

And other various QoLs.
Old 2023-11-11, 07:42   Link #189
larethian

About to put this game on hiatus due to time and lost 50/50 again on Seele LC. But the new update looks good. More jades overall, and sweep for MoC is definitely welcome. Even though I can auto 9 stages, sweep helps save some time and chore-ish grind.
Old 2023-11-15, 04:43   Link #190
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

I agree. After you have your characters decently built, the first few floors of MoC become more of a chore than a challenge, so being able to skip them is quite the time saver.
Old 2023-11-15, 09:11   Link #191
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Patch 1.5 broke the game's HDR settings. For those using HDR like me you need to manually turn off HDR in Windows settings to fix the issue. Hopefully they patch it ASAP.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-16, 22:31   Link #192
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The faux SocMed posts in the 1.5 event are some of tbr most hilarious shit I've seen all year.
Old 2023-12-06, 13:36   Link #193
Liddo-kun
is this so?

took a long time. Finally got my Jingliu to over 70 crit rate. Rutilant Arena has a steep requirement, but it's worth it.

as for the new banner. Might pull for Hanya in USA server.
Old 2023-12-06, 20:04   Link #194
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You are wasting a lot of crit stats. Keep in mind Jingliu gains 50% crit rate when she enters in her spectral state, which means you have 20% too much. Even if you don't have 70% crit rate normally, the moment Jingliu gains her 50% crit with her spectral state, the rutilant arena effect will be applied. This is true for every artifact set effect triggered by stats requirements.
Having around 30-40% base crit rate is plenty enough for her. Meanwhile, getting around 200% crit damage will be much more helpful.
Old 2023-12-06, 22:59   Link #195
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

5% base Crit Rate + 8% Rutilant gives 13% already. With level 10 talent giving 50% CR during Transmigration state, you only need 7% more CR to trigger the other half of Rutilant's effect which is doable across all the relics' substats. That's why JL's Body relic should be Crit DMG instead.

Used 15 tickets(free 10 of patch 1.5 plus 5 monthly reset tix) in the SW banner for Hanya but I got 2 Lynx and 2 Asta instead, which makes then E2 and E3 respectively. I'd like to go more to get Hanya but I don't want to risk it. SW is good and all but Ruan Mei is getting close. On the other hand, I managed to get Welt in the standard banner. Given how Imaginary is still a major weakness among various enemies in MoC, hopefully he'll do as a DPS.
Old 2023-12-07, 00:02   Link #196
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I got Himiko's 5* star LC in the standard banner guarantee. Her LC is supposedly the worst 5*. Blech.
Old 2023-12-07, 03:49   Link #197
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You are wasting a lot of crit stats. Keep in mind Jingliu gains 50% crit rate when she enters in her spectral state, which means you have 20% too much. Even if you don't have 70% crit rate normally, the moment Jingliu gains her 50% crit with her spectral state, the rutilant arena effect will be applied. This is true for every artifact set effect triggered by stats requirements.
Having around 30-40% base crit rate is plenty enough for her. Meanwhile, getting around 200% crit damage will be much more helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
5% base Crit Rate + 8% Rutilant gives 13% already. With level 10 talent giving 50% CR during Transmigration state, you only need 7% more CR to trigger the other half of Rutilant's effect which is doable across all the relics' substats. That's why JL's Body relic should be Crit DMG instead.
hmm, that's helpful info. Will make some adjustments when I get a Crit DMG Hunter of Glacial Forest for the body.

will be farming a Glacial set for Herta in the near future, so there's a good chance I will eventually get one.

it's a tough decision... but have decided to not pull for Silver Wolf and Hanya in any server. It's most important in US server, because I don't have Wolf there, so no mono quantum team.

I'm f2p, pulling for them would forfeit chances of getting Ruan Mei, character and cone.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2023-12-07 at 04:00.
Old 2023-12-07, 04:22   Link #198
larethian

Can consider running 4pc genius if you have her LC and running Pela. Too bad I don't have JL and on hiatus as the relic loop is really unfun (bad luck) and losing all 50/50s is unfun (bad luck) combined these 2 factors are limiting my options for expanded moc. Sustain is less of a problem than DPS cycling fast enough for both sides (the 4-stars damage options for some elements are incredibly weak without good relics and eidolons). I probably will still be playing if I have Jingliu. orz
Old 2023-12-07, 17:03   Link #199
Liddo-kun
is this so?

pulled in USA server after some thinking. Got Welt and Lynx on the first 10 pull.
not bad, now guaranteed for Ruan Mei. And I don't have Lynx yet in the USA, so getting her is a bonus.

saving up the rest of the jades. I'll just get Hanya somewhere else.
Old 2023-12-07, 22:06   Link #200
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Star Rail won Best Mobile Game 2023 in TGA, if anyone even cares.

New trailer also dropped with a small tease of Yomi/Acheron. A certified Mei expy since her JP VA is Sawashiro Miyuki.