AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-15, 09:14   Link #61
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
I'm in the "dislike Zero because he treats Yuuki badly" category. The more she throws herself at him the more I'm getting turned off to the story.
I totally agree with that. Its what I was thinking but wasnt able to articulate. Even in recent epis she seems really just annoying with it. Atleast in Zero's case he calmed down about it but still Yuuki was getting on my nerves.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-15, 11:24   Link #62
tenken627
what Yagi said

We know how Kaname feels about Yuuki, but what about Zero?

How does Zero exactly feel about Yuuki?

He feels close to her due to their always being together for 4 years, but could you call it love or romantic interest? Their relationship isn't exactly a brother/sister relationship. And now, he has guilt on top of everything he feels in regards to Yuuki.
Old 2008-05-15, 14:15   Link #63
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
We know how Kaname feels about Yuuki, but what about Zero?

How does Zero exactly feel about Yuuki?

He feels close to her due to their always being together for 4 years, but could you call it love or romantic interest? Their relationship isn't exactly a brother/sister relationship. And now, he has guilt on top of everything he feels in regards to Yuuki.
Zero's feeling for Yuuki are interesting, I dont see it as a love relationship or bro/sis, Im not exactly sure how youd classify it. 1) Zero doesn't always treat her the best but cuz of Yuuki's stubborness and loyality too him he's always seemed to be "saved" by her. 2) Zero has said on several occasions that Yuuki is really the only person he wants to kill him if he gets to Level E. He gave her the gun for this reason. I think their relationship is almost soley based on each being there for eachother in anytime even if Zero doesnt always want it that way. but for his own sake Yuuki doesnt appear to be going anywhere Im sure there is a word for what I just typed out but kami help me if I can think of it.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-15, 14:23   Link #64
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Zero's feeling for Yuuki are interesting, I dont see it as a love relationship or bro/sis, Im not exactly sure how youd classify it. 1) Zero doesn't always treat her the best but cuz of Yuuki's stubborness and loyality too him he's always seemed to be "saved" by her. 2) Zero has said on several occasions that Yuuki is really the only person he wants to kill him if he gets to Level E. He gave her the gun for this reason. I think their relationship is almost soley based on each being there for eachother in anytime even if Zero doesnt always want it that way. but for his own sake Yuuki doesnt appear to be going anywhere Im sure there is a word for what I just typed out but kami help me if I can think of it.
Really good best friends? Lol. That's the only word I can think of. At the moment in the anime, I think they're juuuust teettering (how do you spell that word? ) between really, really good friends and lovers.

In regards to Zero's bad treatment of Yuuki, I personally think he doesn't want Yuuki to be in any harm. He cares for her so much that he thinks that by pushing her away, she won't know about his problems and he doesn't want her to worry. Well, sadly that's reallly backfiring on him, and it looks like he's treating her badly. I can't really explain it, but I understand his character because I know I do the same as well, I don't want to hurt other people around me and worry, but when they start to worry and care I get frustrated because I think they're just gunna end up hurting themselves and I retort back in a really b*tchy way or rude way and come off saying the completely opposite of what I feel. [Talk about a run-on sentence extreme there..yay!]
Old 2008-05-15, 15:19   Link #65
tenken627
what Yagi said

It's actually kinda interesting if you think about it.

I mean, we kind of know Yuuki's feelings for both Kaname and Zero. We know Kaname's feelings about Yuuki, especially if you've read the manga. We know Kaname's and Zero's feelings for each other pretty much right from the start.

But, it's really hard to tell Zero's feelings about Yuuki, which I think is the most complex and unknown part of the relationship triangle.

What is Yuuki to Zero?

Could it be that deep inside he affectionately cares for Yuuki, but rejects that idea, even to himself? And in doing so, treats her badly in an immature manner? Unlike Kaname, Zero is still a teenager.

Or does Zero hurt so badly inside that he wants to wall everyone out, and Yuuki is just someone who keeps trying to come inside his walls, so he lashes out harder at her than he does at other people?

Maybe Zero views Yuuki as the symbol of everything that is right (or wrong) with his life, but doesn't know how to react to that?

Could it be some combination of those or something else?

How much does the guilt of taking Yuuki's blood compound Zero's feelings towards her?
Old 2008-05-16, 01:46   Link #66
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Er.. I think you guys are making Zero's feelings for Yuki more complex than it really is. He pushes her away because he's afraid of hurting her, and he obviously likes her, from the viewers perspective he seems like an open book to me.
Old 2008-05-16, 12:09   Link #67
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Er.. I think you guys are making Zero's feelings for Yuki more complex than it really is. He pushes her away because he's afraid of hurting her, and he obviously likes her, from the viewers perspective he seems like an open book to me.
It's a little more complex than the other feelings because like you say, he may be an open book to you, but he's not open to himself. And that's if you are reading him right. Because we really don't know exactly. We can guess, but we still don't know.
Old 2008-05-16, 13:39   Link #68
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

We're making it complex cuz Zero is complex He likes her yes, but I dont think he "likes" her. I think its more of a "your-the-one-person-in-this-world-I-trust-the-most-but-cant-tell-you-that" mindframe
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-17, 04:19   Link #69
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I dunno, if you go by standard Shoujo law, two guys vying for the main females affections. Pretty standard here, we have Kaname and Zero as the two guys and Yuuki as the main female. I don't really get the confusion?
Old 2008-05-17, 12:01   Link #70
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah I thought that was pretty obvious too...
Old 2008-05-17, 18:59   Link #71
Vinak
Procrastinator

Spoiler for quote:

Spoiler for probably a good word for it:
Old 2008-05-26, 22:49   Link #72
BellaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara

I dunno, if you go by standard Shoujo law, two guys vying for the main females affections. Pretty standard here, we have Kaname and Zero as the two guys and Yuuki as the main female. I don't really get the confusion?
Completely agree.....you guys are overthinking this. :S
Who is the friend of all.
--
Old 2008-05-27, 08:01   Link #73
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

I can't wait for the nurses's office scene to be animated I wonder how much commotion will go on then, I, myself can't wait it was one of the best moment in the manga to date.

As for Zero's feelings towards Yuki....it's pretty obvious what they are....
Old 2008-05-27, 16:23   Link #74
baka.tenshi

I love Zero. He is my favorite character - plus he is so pretty <3

Last edited by baka.tenshi; 2008-05-27 at 17:01.
Old 2008-05-30, 09:37   Link #75
Kai Yukari

Zero's full potential has been unlocked, the poor cement ^___^ .... BTW was that really him at the last page of chapter 40?
Old 2008-05-31, 08:45   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baka.tenshi View Post
I love Zero. He is my favorite character - plus he is so pretty <3
When you associate a man with the word "pretty"... you know theres something wrong, lol
Old 2008-06-07, 15:11   Link #77
Ashura666
Ignite the blue flame

Location: Cymru.. though I'm not Welsh I like living there ^.^
Send a message via MSN to Ashura666
I would say he is not 'pretty' as such but has many qualities, not only look, that are quite admirable...
Spoiler for Vampire Knight, flashback and ep 9:

His eyes are just adorable aswell IMO...
Old 2008-06-07, 20:51   Link #78
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I think Zero is a butthead ~ ! There, I've said it.

Kaname is much, much better for Yuki-san.
Old 2008-06-08, 00:44   Link #79
goodvsevil01

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Zero is better!!!!!!!!!! i vote for Zero...
Zero is much more beautiful and hawt than Kaname, really!!!!! take a closer look. and his feeling is much more sincere. Zero, i'm always here for you...
Old 2008-06-25, 15:50   Link #80
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Zero's feelings for Yuuki are more sincere then Kaname >_< Get out of here...
If it really was Zero wouldn't be sucking Yuuki's blood ya know