AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-06, 12:37   Link #761
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

what is this thread for? there is no such thing as Kiddy-Girl.
Old 2010-04-06, 13:51   Link #762
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
You know what they should've done to even make this sorta complete.

Lord cancels the time stop. With Ascour, they stop the explosion. Then goes to Eclair and says '

MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saved you!
'

too bad, that would be a saving ending.
I dunno... I'm not sure ANYTHING could have redeemed this show.

Frankly, they would need to change just about everything about it... get rid of the ridiculous nothing episodes that comprised the bulk of the season (they didn't do anything for the plot), show more of Eclair and Lumiere, tone down Ascoeur's stupidity, make Letuchia stop talking altogether, made Geachter less goddamn emo, and just plain get rid of Saphir.

The ONLY things I thought were reasonably well-done were the fights and general animation, and there were very few good fights.
Old 2010-04-06, 15:53   Link #763
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Okay, so was Mi-nou supposed to be someone from the original series? I can't remember him, but the way they had him appear there made him seem like someone coming back (similar to how they randomly had Viola, Cesario, Sinistra, and Dextera show up).

Overall... yeah, that was pretty terribad. At least the last few episodes had some good soundtracks.
Yeah, I don't remember Mi-nou at all but he seems like an acquaintance of Eclair (judging from the ending that shows he and Eclair are chatting like old friends). Can anyone confirm where he appears in the original kiddy grade?
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:12   Link #764
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

OK, that season was made of stupid, and the idiocy of it all beautifully climaxed in the end. But there were some nice things! (Which don't include Eclair's new character design. What's with that?)

For example, I loved Alfred's epithath. "He was a boy who loved his sister". How elegantly understated. He loved his sister. So he tried to destroy the galaxy. And changed his mind at the last minute.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 20:35   Link #765
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
OK, that season was made of stupid, and the idiocy of it all beautifully climaxed in the end. But there were some nice things! (Which don't include Eclair's new character design. What's with that?)
Meh, I prefer this latest redesign to the final Eclair in Kiddy Grade at least.

And now for my overview of what we got out of this crudtastic season:
  1. Eclipse getting a lame off-screen death
  2. POKYUN!!!
  3. Girl-on-Girl Kissing
  4. Armburst loosing everything that made him a cool and interesting character (oh and the same goes to everyone else from the original show, it's just that Armburst had the worse redesign possible)
  5. POKYUN!!!
  6. Girl-on-Girl Kissing
  7. Plotkay
  8. more plotkay
  9. Kissing as a plot-device
  10. Hermaphrodite with sister-complex
  11. Eclair-chan turned into an airhead :|
  12. Did I mention kissing yet? I think I haven't mentioned it yet.

Seriously, the original show is a masterpiece from start to finish compared to this and that one had a rather standard start, an epic mid-season and a rushed less than perfect but still entertaining ending.

Seriously, imho the only way to save this show would have been to have Ascouer dying an epic death defending the Universe while Q'Feuille "merged" with Di-air to became Eclipse's replacement.

Of course such an interesting and fulfilling course of action is beyond the reach of the crew of monkeys that wrote this shows script so I guess I'll write a fanfic or something...

NOTE: no, I obviously won't even dignify this show with a fanfic, that was just sarcasm.
Old 2010-04-06, 21:29   Link #766
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Seriously, imho the only way to save this show would have been to have Ascouer dying an epic death defending the Universe while Q'Feuille "merged" with Di-air to became Eclipse's replacement.
Honestly, I was hoping for the first part in ep23. I wanted her to just walk up to Lord G all sweet (like she did in ep24) and hug him. As she went for a kiss, she teleported them both into the bomb for an instant death for both of them.

From there, Di-air can either use Space powers in Ascouer's place as they seal up the bomb, or just go kiss Eclair and Lumiere to give them super special awesome powers.

Alas...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 21:48   Link #767
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And now for my overview of what we got out of this crudtastic season:
  1. Eclipse getting a lame off-screen death
  2. POKYUN!!!
  3. Girl-on-Girl Kissing
  4. Armburst loosing everything that made him a cool and interesting character (oh and the same goes to everyone else from the original show, it's just that Armburst had the worse redesign possible)
  5. POKYUN!!!
  6. Girl-on-Girl Kissing
  7. Plotkay
  8. more plotkay
  9. Kissing as a plot-device
  10. Hermaphrodite with sister-complex
  11. Eclair-chan turned into an airhead :|
  12. Did I mention kissing yet? I think I haven't mentioned it yet.
yeah you just listed practically everything wrong with this show IMO, cept for the 1st one(regarding eclipse). i would have tolerated her death, but rest it's close to intolerable. POKYUN and excessive kissing, severely ruined this show along with main cast being idiots that you really really can't get used to at all.

yeah forget about it, i'll just remember this show as a nightmare and not canon to the original KG.

every time i hear the work POKYUN, i want to kill something. it was clearly an attempt to make ascouer cute, but that's not KG fans like me was looking for in this show. it literally backfired and i seriously can't tolerated it. when in the finals, and eclair and lumiere said it too, i... i actually wanted everyone to die really, and let lord as*h*le succeed.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 23:20   Link #768
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
yeah you just listed practically everything wrong with this show IMO, cept for the 1st one(regarding eclipse). i would have tolerated her death, but rest it's close to intolerable. POKYUN and excessive kissing, severely ruined this show along with main cast being idiots that you really really can't get used to at all.

yeah forget about it, i'll just remember this show as a nightmare and not canon to the original KG.

every time i hear the work POKYUN, i want to kill something. it was clearly an attempt to make ascouer cute, but that's not KG fans like me was looking for in this show. it literally backfired and i seriously can't tolerated it. when in the finals, and eclair and lumiere said it too, i... i actually wanted everyone to die really, and let lord as*h*le succeed.
I'm just going to try and not remember this show at all . So much went wrong with this series it's just sad.

POKYUN.....Damn that word. It was stupid the first time I heard it and it remained stupid throughout the series. Plus the fact Ascouer actually infected Eclair with that horrible word earns her the death penalty. I'm with the suggestion of Ascouer teleporting herself and Alfred into the bomb killing them both. That could have at least made it an entertaining finish.
Old 2010-04-06, 23:28   Link #769
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But there were some nice things! (Which don't include Eclair's new character design. What's with that?)
It is the same design she had in the epilogue of the original series and the pilot for this one.

Quote:
For example, I loved Alfred's epithath. "He was a boy who loved his sister". How elegantly understated. He loved his sister. So he tried to destroy the galaxy. And changed his mind at the last minute.
Still doesn't beat Alv's: "the woman loved the sun". I wonder who writes these things ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Yeah, I don't remember Mi-nou at all but he seems like an acquaintance of Eclair (judging from the ending that shows he and Eclair are chatting like old friends). Can anyone confirm where he appears in the original kiddy grade?
I could have sworn I already said something here, but my best guess is Dyne from the Kiddy Grade Reverse manga.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 18:10   Link #770
takan

My best guess is Mi-nou is male eclipse.

I shudder at the thought.
takan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 18:14   Link #771
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
what is this thread for? there is no such thing as Kiddy-Girl.
Denial - not just a river in Egypt...!

I think all of us who sat through all 24 episodes need some kind of medal - or a clip round the ear.
* SLAP *

Yeah. Kiddy Grade, that was a good show. What a shame there was never a sequel - there was never a sequel...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 18:32   Link #772
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by takan View Post
eww... that would ruin the image of one of the cooler characters in KG.

anyways it's sad to realize that how pathetic they came up with this sequel given they had 7 years. i'm certain that almost anyone could have wrote a better fanfic as sequel than this garbage that took 7 years to complete. sure there was delays, but i don't think those delays would have changed the fact that each delay doesn't mean that the plot/script would be scrapped for a new one.

i feel like because the trend of anime is moe stuff, so they changed the designs of the characters and their characteristics. i mean didn't the old PV of KG2 had a more serious look for the new characters?

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 02:20   Link #773
Kalshion
Insane Story Writer Nut

Though I deeply enjoyed the combat scenes, everything else was just meh.

I loved E'clair and Lumier in the first season, but seeing them get 'Pokyon' Disease kind of made me want to give them a humane death. Those two girls didn't deserve that kind of embarassment.

That being said; even the original pilot showed that the second season would've had a better plot than this drummed up piece of starch. I can say easily that there probably won't be a third season, since this one might not have done very well to begin with, though it would be grand if at some point the ORIGINAL crew of KG found this garbage, took away the IP rights, and then remade S2 the way it was SUPPOSED to be made. (But then again, did the original crew disband? I don't remember now)

Despite that, I'm glad to see that E'clair and Lumier got more screen time, but not happy to see what happened to them
Kalshion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 03:06   Link #774
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
eww... that would ruin the image of one of the cooler characters in KG.

anyways it's sad to realize that how pathetic they came up with this sequel given they had 7 years. i'm certain that almost anyone could have wrote a better fanfic as sequel than this garbage that took 7 years to complete. sure there was delays, but i don't think those delays would have changed the fact that each delay doesn't mean that the plot/script would be scrapped for a new one.

i feel like because the trend of anime is moe stuff, so they changed the designs of the characters and their characteristics. i mean didn't the old PV of KG2 had a more serious look for the new characters?
There is nothing wrong with moe stuff, but Asecour is not moe at all. She is just plain annoying.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 05:01   Link #775
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by takan View Post
We already know that Eclipse is dead and that Di-air somehow inherited her powers, but none of her memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshion View Post
it would be grand if at some point the ORIGINAL crew of KG found this garbage, took away the IP rights, and then remade S2 the way it was SUPPOSED to be made. (But then again, did the original crew disband? I don't remember now)
This was made by the "original crew" - same director, writer and character designer, the team who came up with Kiddy Grade in the first place. Some of the animators returned from the first series and the pilot also.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:55   Link #776
takan

That's just what was told to us though. Unless this character from the manga has the same hair color, eye color and dresses like Eclipse I would put my money on them having retconned what they said earlier. Mi-nou is Eclipse just go compare em.

http://blog.seiha.org/images2/kiddy24/kiddy24_77.jpg

Not the best pic of Eclipse
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2619/...42cf9cbca4.jpg
takan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:59   Link #777
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Then someone over there was on dope when they wrote the script for KG2

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 14:53   Link #778
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Then someone over there was on dope when they wrote the script for KG2
You didn't figure this out after episode 6?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 17:20   Link #779
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You didn't figure this out after episode 6?
Episode1 ...after my ears stopped bleeding.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 17:41   Link #780
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

how did kg2 went over with the 2ch crowd? they are the primary audience this was aim to.