AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 32 30.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 42.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 19.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.94%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-15, 02:44   Link #61
DUD3sweet

This is, by far, my favorite comedy episode of higurashi ever! They really got it right this time! AND I LOVE HOW IT ENDED! OMG! AMAZING!
Old 2007-07-15, 03:44   Link #62
ferthepoet

I'm confused on how are Shion and Mion allowed to show up togueter...... wasn't hteir family opposed to people knowing there were 2 of them
Old 2007-07-15, 03:50   Link #63
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, you are mixing things.
Shion was already forgiven "a year ago" (distinction, etc)

of course, she doesn't take part of the family affairs.
Old 2007-07-15, 08:21   Link #64
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Now this is an episode i truly liked. It follows the structure of the usual Higurashi storytelling - all fun and games in the start, but something dark and ugly raises it's head in the end. Keichi / Satoko battle in the classroom was very nicely done and managed a good amount of laughs from me, as did the zombie game Keichi surely felt for Rena's "bait" though who can blame the guy - she looked absurdly cute in that scene. I want to take her home!

That aside, the things i am interested in:

Rika talking to some one ... or did she talk to herself? Hm ...
Satoko's injections ... just what are they? And does Rika has anything to do with it? (Considering she has been trying to give shots to people before ... what are those shots she was trying to give anyway?)

That aside, it seems that our group of friends is more closely knit together than before. Even Shion seems to like Satoko and comes to school like a normal girl... Keichi isn't disturbed after finding out about the murders happening each year (And no one tries to hide it from him, so the trust isn't damaged). Trust is a big thing in Higurashi, and seeing that troubles this time around won't be coming from inside the circle, i wonder what the "trouble causer" in this arc is going to be. Only ones that i can think of at the moment are Satoko's uncle and the woman Rena's dad was dating ... hm ...

ah well - i guess i will have to sit back and enjoy the ride. Higurashi has always been one of my favorite series, so seeing all of the cast back in action was a delight for my eyes

Now, on a side note - i know Higurashi isn't about this, but what are the chances of us getting at least a drop of some romance, be it Rena x Keichi or Mion x Keichi ? (Hey - can't help it if i am a romance fan).

That aside - this episode seems like a goldmine for giffmaking ... need to get something done on that front
Old 2007-07-15, 08:55   Link #65
Mr Fist

This episode had many ups and downs for me.

The zombie tag game was absolutely hilarious. Might try that sometime...

Earlier I thought the image of Keiichi smiling, which was also on the promo, was from his past. Sadly I was wrong.

This season looks incredibly good so far, but I thought this would just cover the TIPS from previous arcs and something tells me it won't from what I can see

Spoiler for keiichi's past:

Seeing Satoko inject herself made me think she might be diabetic, although it's highly unlikely after seeing previous events... that and the previous use of syringes used in the series.

So anyway, who could be paranoid in this chapter I wonder. I have an idea, but I ain't telling for fear that i'll be disproven...again.
Old 2007-07-15, 10:00   Link #66
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

The paranoia cycle was supposed to have been dispelled at the end of the first season, right? I'd be a little put off if we went through another round of that... between Keiichi's circle, anyway.

Things seem to be going too well, with Shion taking care of Satako and no mistrust over the murder incidents. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Tepp was in the preview, so maybe he'll start something.

Or maybe the point of this arc is to have everything seemingly going fine (while revealing TIPS and whatnot) and then suddenly Rika's dead again? We still haven't gotten to the Festival yet...
Old 2007-07-15, 10:17   Link #67
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
To put it as simple as I can, it's all about whether there is an onset of doubt and mistrust or not. That is the key to each chapter.
That is an answer to a question I was not asking.
Old 2007-07-15, 10:45   Link #68
mercury lampe

Hello everybody,

Just see the second episode and I have several doubts concerning the "zombie tag"

The first, and most important, Have i to understand that this "zombie tag" is a covered way to tell us (or to advance us) the plot we'll see in future episodes of this arc?

I mean, we've seen in the preview of the third episode that probably satoko's past will be showed and, consequently Tepei (as satoko's uncle) will appear too. It seems that the blonde little girl is going to suffer again so, the fact that she lost in the rock/paper/scissors and was forced to play the role of "the zombie" is a covered way to point us she's going to end up bad?

Also the part where Rena "betrays" Keiichi and run away while he's surrounded by all of the "zombies" May this mean that Rena will betray keiichi in some critical moment on the future?

Sure that i'm wrong but if this zombie tag can be understood as a clue of future events i'd like to know it.

Thanks and sorry for my possible grammar mistakes (I'm from Spain)
Old 2007-07-15, 11:18   Link #69
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury lampe View Post
The first, and most important, Have i to understand that this "zombie tag" is a covered way to tell us (or to advance us) the plot we'll see in future episodes of this arc?
No clue, it isn't really related, though it gives some insights between the trust and all in the group.
Quote:
I mean, we've seen in the preview of the third episode that probably satoko's past will be showed and, consequently Tepei (as satoko's uncle) will appear too. It seems that the blonde little girl is going to suffer again so, the fact that she lost in the rock/paper/scissors and was forced to play the role of "the zombie" is a covered way to point us she's going to end up bad?
i think you are thinking a bit too much ^^"
Quote:
Also the part where Rena "betrays" Keiichi and run away while he's surrounded by all of the "zombies" May this mean that Rena will betray keiichi in some critical moment on the future?
Maybe, maybe not. I think the "Onikakushi-hen memories" you could see in Tsumihoroboshi-hen is enough though : Although Keiichi was completely paranoid and psycho, Rena tried to reason him and give him dinner. Heck, even when keiichi beat them to death, she tried to believe in him once again. so it is hard that Rena would do this in a true critical moment, until she goes nuts.
Quote:
Sure that i'm wrong but if this zombie tag can be understood as a clue of future events i'd like to know it.
Thanks and sorry for my possible grammar mistakes (I'm from Spain)
Ho well, Higurashi was so "messed" with reality that it is "normal" that anyone can suspect some hints even for innocent things.
that might be true, but that also might be irrelevant.

i would say the later, but there is always a chance it will happen, but i would hardly link the events with this tag game.
Old 2007-07-15, 11:21   Link #70
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
Great episode, etc, etc

But what really got me in the episode was the talk between Rika and Satoko in the end. Rika's seyuu (Yukari Tamura was it?) really made it feel like Rika found a ray of hope in Satoko's speech, just to get disappointed after. Really, these scenes and the OP song are going to make me take Rika home.

...not that I wouldn't take Rena, after that "boner" scene, heh.
Old 2007-07-15, 16:27   Link #71
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I think the relationship that most intrigued me in this episode was Shion's complete 180 in her treatment of Satoko. I understand where this is coming from, but it's still a bit odd. It seems like characters can change immensely from one repetition to the next. Does this happen because of a "strong force of will" developed in a previous repetition? I think the game makes mention of how a "strong will" will cause something to happen consistantly with each repetition. Could Shion's relationship with Satoko now count as an example of "strong will"? Can such a thing develop and carry over to subsequent repetitions?

Or I'm just overanalyzing...
Old 2007-07-15, 17:40   Link #72
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
That is an answer to a question I was not asking.
It is the answer to your question. Except it's not clear since it was never explained in the anime.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I think the relationship that most intrigued me in this episode was Shion's complete 180 in her treatment of Satoko. I understand where this is coming from, but it's still a bit odd. It seems like characters can change immensely from one repetition to the next. Does this happen because of a "strong force of will" developed in a previous repetition? I think the game makes mention of how a "strong will" will cause something to happen consistantly with each repetition. Could Shion's relationship with Satoko now count as an example of "strong will"? Can such a thing develop and carry over to subsequent repetitions?

Or I'm just overanalyzing...
You're not overanalyzing. Actually, you'd be surprised at the answer. ^^;
Old 2007-07-15, 17:43   Link #73
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

double post, oops ><
Old 2007-07-15, 18:11   Link #74
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Spoiler:
And kj has translated that scene on the TIPS Thread. :3
Old 2007-07-15, 19:42   Link #75
Davidj

Quote:
It is the answer to your question. Except it's not clear since it was never explained in the anime.
It was perfectly clear to me from the anime that what triggers the effect is mistrust, which why I scolded Ooishi for suggesting to Rena that the mental hospital "brainwashed her". Suggesting that to someone from Hinamazawa is inviting her to one night pay another visit to the hospital, meat cleaver in hand. The only question I had was how Shion managed to make such a radical change in attitude apparently without external prompting. It hadn't occured to me that Keiichi might not be the only one who is developing the ability to remember stuff from previous loops particularly since Keiichi only managed to do that because he was prompted to confess the secret he was keeping, allowing the truth to set him free. Shion doesn't seem like she's confessed any of her big secrets to anyone
Old 2007-07-15, 20:08   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
It was perfectly clear to me from the anime that what triggers the effect is mistrust, which why I scolded Ooishi for suggesting to Rena that the mental hospital "brainwashed her". Suggesting that to someone from Hinamazawa is inviting her to one night pay another visit to the hospital, meat cleaver in hand. The only question I had was how Shion managed to make such a radical change in attitude apparently without external prompting.
The problem with the anime is basically the lack of "screentime" for everyone thoughts and developement.

basically, There is no blatant explanations how LONG Shion get along with satoko, neither when. But as we can deduce from what satoko said, she was already taking care of Satoko (lunch) but transfered in Hinamizawa school only recently.

Except watanagashi and meakashi, Shion is really poorly portrayed, not really DEEN at fault of course. Thus, we don't have really scenes which can really demonstrate how shion was towards satoko "when she isn't going psycho".

The thing to remember however, is that her hate for satoko was merely from 1 year ago, when she was still "mion" in disguise. The promise was done later on.
Her desillusion state probably reactivate it, and improved it against satoko.

but we can't really claim that shion always hated satoko. she did, but in the past. Later after satoshi's disappearance, there isn't anything to confirm this or not. (and she has most likely nothing against her meanwhile, until Watanagashi/Meakashi)

Quote:
It hadn't occured to me that Keiichi might not be the only one who is developing the ability to remember stuff from previous loops particularly since Keiichi only managed to do that because he was prompted to confess the secret he was keeping, allowing the truth to set him free. Shion doesn't seem like she's confessed any of her big secrets to anyone
No, i don't think it has anything to do with secrets and all.
Basically, keiichi experimented a situation extremely similar to what he have done in Onikakushi-hen. However, the gang explained that it didn't really matter and all. The secrets weren't important per se, but it allowed keiichi that "secrets" aren't always a sign of (mis)trust, and that, the "status of friends" is really beyond this type of futility.
This pretty much shattered the reasoning of "Onikakushi Keiichi", who was engulfed by the paranoia, so the lack of truth just feed his mistrust, such like rena, so conflict then rememberance.
Old 2007-07-15, 20:53   Link #77
PieWhatWhere
The Baker

Send a message via AIM to PieWhatWhere
Think of it like this..from what we've seen from Higurashi's first season, and seeing how positive and upbeat this first chapter started out, i think we can assume that this is gonna get really sinister
Old 2007-07-15, 22:55   Link #78
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Well, Takano and Tomitake already showed up, so the countdown to insanity has begun. It usually reaches zero once Ooishi shows up.
Happiness is so short-lived

I wonder if Satoko might be the one to snap this time. Everyone else seems to have had their turn, except Rika and Mion, who aren't likely to snap for various reasons. Well, I guess I shouldn't write off Mion, but Rika won't.
Old 2007-07-15, 23:19   Link #79
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I wonder if Satoko might be the one to snap this time. Everyone else seems to have had their turn, except Rika and Mion, who aren't likely to snap for various reasons. Well, I guess I shouldn't write off Mion, but Rika won't.
You know, I do believe there was an "extra" chapter for the PC game where Rika is the one to snap...
Old 2007-07-16, 00:13   Link #80
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
You know, I do believe there was an "extra" chapter for the PC game where Rika is the one to snap...
Yes there is, and Rika's trigger is perhaps the most ironic of all of them.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Closed Thread