AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-01, 23:06   Link #181
Question
Crossdresser

I cannot figure out why the 2 special ED songs are not in the OST. It boggles my mind.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 07:19   Link #182
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question
I cannot figure out why the 2 special ED songs are not in the OST. It boggles my mind.
Its something that doesn't need explained, thats why you won't be able to understand it.
Old 2006-07-02, 07:38   Link #183
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Well Question, I'll try to explain it for you.

Which of these do you think will make more money for Geneon Entertainment (who are the publishers of the music for Fate, and produced the anime)?

Release hikari and... whatever the episode 24 ED is called on the Fate/stay night OST, as full (or hey, perhaps half) tracks and hope the inclusion will move more copies.

Or....

Release the Fate/stay night OST in full confidence that 95% of the anime fans (probably higher) who intended to buy it will do so without caring that hikari and Alternate ED are not included. Release a Jyukai first album, with hikari, and a Saichi Tanaka first album, with the episode 24 ED, in the expectation that all of the fans who really wanted a copy of that song will then go forth and buy said album to get the song.

I'm going to come down on the side of answer two. Quite frankly, they know they will ship thousands of copies of the OST regardless of the inclusion of the two special ED songs. And they also know that fans of the show, and of the music, can be counted on still wanting those special ED songs even when they aren't on the OST. Ergo, they can milk even more yen out of those fans by releasing the songs on albums - maybe even on special singles. Hell, after the two singers have released the singles, they'll then release their albums which include (in Jyukai's case, fill in Saichi Tanaka's yourself ^^) Anata ga Ita Mori, hikari, and say eight other tracks - this is to scoop up the people who wanted both ED songs but didn't want to buy the singles. Then? About four months later, will come the 'Tribute to Fate/stay night' special OST, which will include the 'Best Of' tracks from the animation OST, maybe a piece or two of music that might have been missed out from the animation OST (again, draw in more fans!), and the TV size versions of the special EDs - after all, they aren't available yet right?

Welcome to capitalism. It's a fun place to be. Now, get back in line behind me, whilst I wait for my hikari single and my unnamed ED single and my Jyukai album and my Saichi Tanaka album and my Best Of Fate album.

That's how I know it will happen, or at least some of it. Because there are people like me. ^_^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-07-02, 07:50   Link #184
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Like i said, it doesn't need explaining - they just need there own singles.
Old 2006-07-02, 08:19   Link #185
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Heh. I suppose the easy summarised answer is as follows:

They make more money this way.

^_^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-07-02, 08:48   Link #186
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Well I would have expected the 1st special ED single to be out by now.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 11:57   Link #187
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Call it misplaced hope, but I'm still wishing for a second OST with the missing pieces on it though the chances of that are slim to zero.
Old 2006-07-02, 12:24   Link #188
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
Call it misplaced hope, but I'm still wishing for a second OST with the missing pieces on it though the chances of that are slim to zero.
Yup, nowhere near enough pieces for that to be a worthwhile investment. They'd have split the tracks more evenly if that was the case - the maximum you can get on a CD is 80 minutes of music and the Fate OST is 79:12.. which is unusually nice of them considering they probably could've made people pay for 2 OSTs.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 12:27   Link #189
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
why would we need a 2nd OST i thought the first one had included everything besides the 2 specials which im waiting for -___-ll anyone got news on it?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 13:39   Link #190
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
It is called making $$$$$. They still people out there buying the albums unlike most of us here......XD
Old 2006-07-02, 17:39   Link #191
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A lot of work went into the first OST to fit all the tracks, so i can't see a second ost happening at all.

Easily said, look how long it took for this OST to be released.
Old 2006-07-02, 19:39   Link #192
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Though the long lead time before the release of this OST may have had something to do with them not wanting to release 'spoilerish' music onto the market before it aired on television - depends on who was actually in control of the release dates. Also, if composition was ongoing during the entire show, then the music might not even have been finished back in April/May. True, this would be an odd way in which to do the show - but it depends, again, on who was in control of the music. If Kenji Kawai had a fair bit of creative control, or a fair amount of license in what he was composing, he might have used that license to take as long as he could to refine some tracks - for instance, La Sola, or Eiyuu Ou, being tracks used only towards the end of the show.

I personally wouldn't bet on a second OST, as there really isn't much missing from this first one; but as I said before, I can probably see a Best Of or a Remixes OST coming at some point. Sad thought it is, I kinda hope it does happen. :S

-Andiyar
Old 2006-07-03, 18:09   Link #193
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
UBW Kenji Kawai remix is l33t

almost any track with vocal in it = , so mesmerizing, so dreamy, magic realism

track #33 sounds very similar like a track from Tsukihime O,o
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 21:27   Link #194
godofdeath

what is the ending song for ep 24 really needa know
sry if this has been asked
godofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 05:29   Link #195
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

imo the second OP sucked @$$ it didnt fit the series in any way - the music was way of the target. Such an OP would be fitting for some series with larger focus on action , while F/SN is more about relationship and story/plot than action
Old 2006-07-05, 22:11   Link #196
Alu
Guide my hand...

I just "obtained" the OST 2 days ago.., and realy I have to say.., nothing else is playing on my winamp list

Clearly Fate/Stay Night delivered us a GREAT soundtrack.., apart from the OP's and ED.., the music given to us in each scene through the anime is just outstanding to say the least..

From the UBW music Emiya Kenji Kawai remix, to even the Fuyuki Enkei to the la Sola.., each time each plays its like the feelings we saw portraied in the Anime when the music played pop into our heads.., clearly the musics are that good they are able to do such.
Or at least to me

I am very happy for it finaly having been released.., this is indeed a Must-have for anyone who loved Fate/Stay.., and not only those
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 04:25   Link #197
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
From the UBW music Emiya Kenji Kawai remix, to even the Fuyuki Enkei to the la Sola.., each time each plays its like the feelings we saw portraied in the Anime when the music played pop into our heads.., clearly the musics are that good they are able to do such.
Or at least to me
There's a remix of UBW?!

I must have downloaded the wrong set.

*goes off to change it*

anyway, I say UBW/Archer theme is the best of the lot.

Last edited by solwyvern; 2006-07-06 at 10:30.
solwyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 05:58   Link #198
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Don't talk about torrents.

And if you look back and see what i've said, there are 5 different versions of the Eimya theme.
Old 2006-07-06, 08:55   Link #199
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

And to make it even simpler, the Emiya theme is known as the UBW theme as well.
Old 2006-07-06, 10:33   Link #200
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Don't talk about torrents.
[Ouch] Sharp tounge, sorry I tend to slip. m(_ _)m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
And if you look back and see what i've said, there are 5 different versions of the Eimya theme.
=(
I can't keep track of every post.