AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-05-22, 17:50   Link #1
othafa

You should go back and watch the beginning of episode 36...

Notice anything bizarre? Particularly concerning Kabuto?

Edit: Think first 3 minutes...
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 17:57   Link #2
Akatsuki_King
Speaker for the Dead
*Artist

Location: somewhere in-between the damnation of hell and the celestial glory of heaven
Send a message via MSN to Akatsuki_King Send a message via Yahoo to Akatsuki_King
heh, im kinda lazy, mind just telling me so I can go check to see if ur right?
Akatsuki_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 18:41   Link #3
othafa

Those rain genin are really really good...
They caught Kabuto in a genjutsu...Kabuto!!! Like, on par with Kakashi at that point in the storyline, Kabuto...
Old 2007-05-22, 18:45   Link #4
reloaded
skywalker

Im a lazy type myself just say what it is.

Last edited by reloaded; 2007-05-22 at 18:58.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 18:51   Link #5
othafa

No. First 3 minutes of the episode...he realized that he was stupid enough to fall into their genjutsu for several hours. He even comments to himself about how he's surprised he fell into it. Everything from there the Konoha's had the upper hand, which is certainly not surprising considering that it was Sasuke, Naruto, and Kabuto (with naruto at his finest, tricking the hell out of people and brawling like a thug). But I'm just really surprised (and so was he) that Kabuto fell into a genin's genjutsu for several hours.
Old 2007-05-22, 19:20   Link #6
Akatsuki_King
Speaker for the Dead
*Artist

Location: somewhere in-between the damnation of hell and the celestial glory of heaven
Send a message via MSN to Akatsuki_King Send a message via Yahoo to Akatsuki_King
Well, he proly wasn't expecting a genjutsu to be placed on him that was meant to stall instead of attack, especially one that affected something far off.
Old 2007-05-22, 19:46   Link #7
epyon96

It is possible that he just enjoys walking in circles. He realized being couped up in research with Orochimaru all the time and he is not getting his ninja required exercise ^_^.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 20:28   Link #8
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

That is weird, given Kabuto's affinity for genjutsu. Either way, I think it's because Kabuto is not as smart as some people think he is. After all, he is working or Orochimaru.
Old 2007-05-22, 20:38   Link #9
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Bare in mind that Kabuto was putting on an act throughout that arc until he was unveiled as a spy for Orochimaru.

His role was as an experienced Genin who's failed the exam several times so while he's knolwedgeable he is just as prone to danger as the others.

So in reality he was probably just pretending to not notice the Genjutsu. Notice he never thinks any worried thoughts to himself he says it to the other characters. He was putting on an act even when getting his ass kicked which is why his eyes flared up indicating that he was toying with his opponents.
Old 2007-05-22, 20:58   Link #10
Akatsuki_King
Speaker for the Dead
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
That is weird, given Kabuto's affinity for genjutsu. Either way, I think it's because Kabuto is not as smart as some people think he is. After all, he is working or Orochimaru.
lol, you may be onto something.

Quote:
Bare in mind that Kabuto was putting on an act throughout that arc until he was unveiled as a spy for Orochimaru.

His role was as an experienced Genin who's failed the exam several times so while he's knolwedgeable he is just as prone to danger as the others.

So in reality he was probably just pretending to not notice the Genjutsu. Notice he never thinks any worried thoughts to himself he says it to the other characters. He was putting on an act even when getting his ass kicked which is why his eyes flared up indicating that he was toying with his opponents.
I didn't check (I'm lazy ) so I was going off the assumption that Kabuto actually stated that he was suprized in his own thoughts. If he really acted as you say then you are proly right.
Old 2007-05-22, 21:06   Link #11
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post

His thoughts actually indicate that he himself was surprised. His lips don't move when he thinks to himself something like "i'm surprised i didn't notice it earlier"
Old 2007-05-22, 21:20   Link #12
Akatsuki_King
Speaker for the Dead
*Artist

Oi, now idk who to believe, maybe i'll have to check myself.....
Old 2007-05-22, 22:05   Link #13
7thFonon
seventh

Maybe he thought that Naruto would detect the genjutsu, so he slacked off....

No, but I do beleive it was all an act. And if he was trapped, it is probably harder to detect when you are in no stance or state of mind to battle.

Think of it like this....No one is 100% on alert all the time, they were probably very tired/worn out from being in the forest for days with little food,water, etc.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 22:21   Link #14
cheese4u
da big boss

I feel Kabuto's abilities are overrated anyway, I mean sure he killed a few
ANBU but who hasn't done that, and he beat the crap out of Tsunade but I feel she's even more overrated then he is. So it doesn't surprise me that he would fall for a genin genjutsu, especially since it seems like that's what they specialized in. The way I see it he probably got so caught up trying to convince Naruto & co. that he wasn't suspicious by playing the role of the weak genin, that he dropped his guard long enough to fall into a genjutsu. It happens, its not like he has the Sharin(do everything imaginable)gan to see through such a trick.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 22:35   Link #15
7thFonon
seventh

I don't think he's overrated, nor Tsunade. I mean really, Tsunade turned Sakura (who was extremely weak) into a monster. And Kabuto, well is just straight up nasty. People just don't think much of him because he isn't a major character, but he's already shown that his abilities are far greater than some of Konoha's best.

That is true, he does not have sharingan, but that's why he's so cool. Same situation with Rock Lee, all his ability is through training.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 23:01   Link #16
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I feel Kabuto's abilities are overrated anyway, I mean sure he killed a few
ANBU but who hasn't done that, and he beat the crap out of Tsunade but I feel she's even more overrated then he is. So it doesn't surprise me that he would fall for a genin genjutsu, especially since it seems like that's what they specialized in. The way I see it he probably got so caught up trying to convince Naruto & co. that he wasn't suspicious by playing the role of the weak genin, that he dropped his guard long enough to fall into a genjutsu. It happens, its not like he has the Sharin(do everything imaginable)gan to see through such a trick.
He only beat the crap out of tsunade because of her fear of blood. I think he is quite exceptional, though, because he's adapted medical jutsu to a taijutsu art, and he's good at healing with it too. Not to mention the fact that hes familiar enough with genjutsu to put an entire stadium to sleep, and many in that stadium were chuunin level and above, but they were still affected.

edit: removed redundant stuff
Old 2007-05-22, 23:10   Link #17
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
He only beat the crap out of tsunade because of her fear of blood. I think he is quite exceptional, though, because he's adapted medical jutsu to a taijutsu art, and he's good at healing with it too. However, to those who think he was just acting, why was he acting in his own head?
Well, I'm not gonna revive the Tsunade argument again, all I'm gonna say is that despite the circumstances she loss in a more than fair fight considering that she had Naruto and Shizune helping her, and to me she is overrated. As far as Kabuto is concerned I just feel like his apparent dominance was short lived. I doubt he could even beat Naruto now, not to mention Kikashi or Sasuke, his appparent rivals.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 23:23   Link #18
othafa

Regardless, at that point in the storyline he got the jump on kakashi (ok a couple of weeks later) and thats a feat and a half. I mean, Kakashi notices a puddle and says "hey, mist nin". Thats pretty good. Given that, I think that Kabuto should be regarded as pretty effective during the chuunin exam arc with comparison to other ninjas.
Old 2007-05-22, 23:48   Link #19
nine_tailed_kyuubi

He didn't know what kind of abilities they have and what ninjutsu they use, so he was determined to take the attack to know how it works and how it affects him he said that to someone maybe orochimaru but for sure he wasn't going to fall for that again, what is weird about kabuto is one thing when he was fighting those mizu clones alonside with sasue, naruto and sasuke he fell on the ground and when those stupid ninjas approached him his eye turned red and veins or nerves were easily seen as he glared on them and they walked back immediately like chickens, what was thaaaaaaat ?
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 11:07   Link #20
othafa

I'm assuming that they were just experiencing Kabuto's "murderous intent". We've seen several times throughout the series that those who exude murderous intent sometimes cause people to balk.