AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 21:38   Link #1541
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I didn't know there were massive riots in Japan after a massive tsunami, earthquake, and nuclear disaster.

...or not.

If we Americans are such natural dickheads. I think we should fix that part.

As for defending Liberty, don't give me that bullshit. I don't see the NRA opposing the military-industrial complex at all. Where is the NRA when the Patriot Act was passed, waving flags and crying 'Murrica? Where the hell are you people when the funny little clauses were inserted into the massive funding bill, NDAA? Why weren't you calling out on that piece of Congressional trickery, defending our liberty then, hmm?
NRA exist not for the gun owners, gun makers, or the average man.

NRA exist for itself. In fact, they probably love Obama because he is such an wonderful fundraiser cause. If guns are totally banned or people can own nukes, NRA probably go out of business without a cause to fight.

They need a red button issue to raise money. End of story.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 21:42   Link #1542
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
And why should the NRA obstruct these? If they're causing you of yours a problem call, write, email your representatives and complain! You still have that right.
Oh, I don't know, the NRA's strong, passionate, patriotic, widespread base that we could really have used? The proudly proclaimed commitment to liberty? The fear of government oppression that so many gun owners justify as their dear reason against even registering the things?

Where were you people? Why should I give a sh** about your cause now, when the counter demands are, frankly, rather reasonable? My liberty -- the real liberty, the liberty that made people like me equal in American politics, give people like me a voice, let me walk down the shopping aisles as an equal to every other mofo -- it's won somewhere else. It's won in the college campuses, it's won in the streets of Birmingham and Washington, it's won in the halls of Congress and the courts. It's won because some fool of a masochistic idealist believed in the cause of nonviolence and in a better world and sang songs and got beat up by the police while believing 'til the end.

I don't see the mighty NRA anywhere near my liberty. I don't see gun owners then out there, defending their peers in the streets of Chicago or LA with their guns registered or unregistered or even just some precious solidarity. Maybe they were there and history forgot about them, I don't know, but I certainly don't see them now when corporate domination of our government and the incessant call for national security are threatening our liberties far more effectively than even the most radical gun control advocate.

So don't give me that social breakdown and self-defense nonsense. You're not defending anybody's liberty with those things.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 22:39   Link #1543
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The NRA was essentially hijacked by the firearms manufacturing industry and the plutocrats in the early '90s. The industry needs to keep the consumers anxious and buying more guns, the plutocrats like having single-button social issues to freak out peasant factions so they will obediently vote for the plutocrat's puppets.

A politician could be a child-raping, polluting, corrupt, vile piece of shit and the NRA leadership will give them a thumbs up if it suits those two factions.

Sorry, but the guns Lost Cause is rambling about are not the guns that "saved liberty" ... I don't see any marches on the New Robber Baron class. Oh wait, that was the Occupy movement that the social conservatives scoffed at because they're fucking idiot peasants for the new aristocracy.

And that is this gun owner's point of view.