AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-08-10, 11:43   Link #161
Kanish

Guys, guys. Like I already said, I like them both. I'm seeing more and more cases where animes are still good and in some cases better in spite of not following their respective mangas to the letter. So I can't really understand the need for all the manga thumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
In the first series Roy and his crew barely ever did anything, it was obvious that the animators had no idea what to do with them.
Holy shit! Now that I think about, I only seem to recall Roy's team being used as comic relief in the first series.
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 12:24   Link #162
Vicious108

It's true. Roy's raid on the Fuhrer's house at the end was basically the only time they did anything worth a damn.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 15:51   Link #163
Haladflire65
*Artist

Yeah, then his character goes spiralling off into oblivion after that, so I've heard?

I never bothered to watch the old series, since I started liking FMA a bit before Brotherhood was released...
Old 2009-08-10, 18:27   Link #164
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Yeah, then his character goes spiralling off into oblivion after that, so I've heard?
Actually, after that the show ends.

...And then there's of course that movie, which you REALLY should avoid if you're a Roy fan (or FMA fan in general). What they did to his character in that movie was just so wrong. Emo eyepatch Mustang ftl.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:57   Link #165
KnightofZero
-One-

i've seen the whole series but haven't watched the movie yet. have it but just haven't watched it. avoid the movie? i thought it was received well? but guess i'll find out for myself.

idk what is going on in brotherhood. have to wait until that season closes.
KnightofZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 10:57   Link #166
asdo

Hi, I downloaded the first 3 ep of FMA brotherhood but they are all recap..

how many epidodes should I skip if I don't want the see the recap thing?

thanks
asdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 11:04   Link #167
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdo View Post
Hi, I downloaded the first 3 ep of FMA brotherhood but they are all recap..

how many epidodes should I skip if I don't want the see the recap thing?

thanks
Brotherhood is not a recap, it's an adaptation of the manga. I'm sure you mean that you've seen the same in the first series, though i say that you should carry on watching, and see the differences between the two.
Old 2009-08-11, 11:58   Link #168
asdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Brotherhood is not a recap, it's an adaptation of the manga. I'm sure you mean that you've seen the same in the first series, though i say that you should carry on watching, and see the differences between the two.
so, the whole series is about the manga adaptation? I didn't know about it.. or are there new episodes after some "recap"?
Old 2009-08-11, 12:54   Link #169
Vicious108

The first series completely deviated from the manga at one point. Brotherhood instead follows it all the way.

Just keep watching even if most episodes seem like "recaps" for now. You'll start seeing small differences from the first series soon, and once you reach episode 14, things become completely different and what you call "new episodes" begin.
Old 2009-08-11, 18:33   Link #170
asdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
The first series completely deviated from the manga at one point. Brotherhood instead follows it all the way.

Just keep watching even if most episodes seem like "recaps" for now. You'll start seeing small differences from the first series soon, and once you reach episode 14, things become completely different and what you call "new episodes" begin.
thank you
Old 2009-08-12, 14:17   Link #171
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdo View Post
thank you
But don't skip the first 13 episodes
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 09:46   Link #172
Kanish

Actually, if you've watched the first series, the first many episodes of the second series can be a bit of a let-down. It felt like they were just skimming through them to get to the later parts. Is this how the manga is as well? Or did they just do it this way as the first series already did a good job of portraying them.
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 10:01   Link #173
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanish View Post
Actually, if you've watched the first series, the first many episodes of the second series can be a bit of a let-down. It felt like they were just skimming through them to get to the later parts. Is this how the manga is as well? Or did they just do it this way as the first series already did a good job of portraying them.

It was a combination of both. There are some things in the manga that were shorter than their first anime counterpart. The first anime actually expanded many manga scenes because they had so little to work with to make a full series.

However this new series also did rush and skip through a lot of things in the earlier episodes that were in the manga.

Although I would argue with your point if we compare the first 14 episodes of this series to the first 14 episodes of the old anime. This anime got to the main plot much quicker, whereas the first anime had a lot of side stories that really did not add much to the plot at all.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 14:17   Link #174
GaimeGuy

ie: Majihal + Psiren. :P
Old 2009-08-16, 04:59   Link #175
Charred Knight

Didn't Al's body get stolen in one episode? They should have just put a warning that this episode is worthless and boring and be done with it.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 12:26   Link #176
GaimeGuy

Yeah, isntead of having Armstrong notice Marcoh on the train platform, I believe they had Al's body get removed with other cargo and stolen by some kid.... then Ed happened to run into Marcoh or heard about him from some passing townsmen IIRC
Old 2009-08-17, 02:53   Link #177
Sannom

@ GaimeGuy :

Not even. They learned about Marcoh in the town with the Tringham brothers. The villagers there told them that an alchemist came that was able to heal the people sick because of the red water. After that, they asked Mustang about Marcoh's whereabouts.

The part where Al's body was stolen is absolute HS. Ed even manages to get his automail leg stolen by some girl who wants to give it to her grand-father, who lost a leg in the Ishbal War. The point of that whole episode was to teach Ed that soldiers who went to the Ishbal War were often scarred, mentally if not physically. A waste of an episode if you ask me.
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 10:23   Link #178
Vicious108

I liked that episode, Ed's conversation with the old man was quite good. The Al parts were stupid though.
Old 2009-08-18, 03:12   Link #179
7thFonon
seventh

So I just finished watching Episode 20 of FMA Brotherhood and I am just confused.... Not sure how to make a spoiler icon, so I'll just give a warning that my post might be a spoiler to some....

spoilers

Anyways, I have a question about the humans transmuted (like Ed's Mom). I'm a little confused about this. The body in Ed's mother's grave was a male. So were there two grave-sites??

What I mean is.... Ed's mom died first (before transmutation) and she was buried. That was definitely Trisha (Ed's Mom).

So when Ed and Al fail at reviving Trisha, her in-human body is buried at a different location than her first grave-site right? It couldn't have been buried at the same grave-site she was originally buried in because Trisha's "real" body would still be there (since that Transmutation wasn't actually her), and Ed would see that there were now two bodies....

Then Al's soul went to that in-human body, but it was rejected.... So for the transmutation, Al basically traded his original body for another body (the transmuted body)? Who could they have possibly transmuted for that extra body when using their blood? At first I thought (using what I know from the first FMA) it could have been Al's body from the "other side", but that couldn't be since Ed said that the hair was black and Al's hair is more like blonde.

So I'm pretty confused on this whole subject. I've never read the manga, so there is probably more to come that will help me understand... But at this point, I'm just not getting what's going on with this "not actually being Ed's Mom".
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 03:23   Link #180
Charred Knight

The body was created using various substances that they had collected. They try to use that along with their blood to bring back their mom to life, but human transmutation is destined to fail because the soul is beyond their reach. After the experiment Pinako came in and buried the body outside the house.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote