AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-01, 15:43   Link #3901
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

They're also stated to be 99.something% similar to humans in their genetic code. Doesn't sound the least bit divine to me (both the similarity and the presence of any kind of genetic code), but hey, whatever floats your boat.

/off topic

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 16:13   Link #3902
Advent000
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Hmmm...looks like I sparked something here

Gendo will probably mumble something about this not being in the scenario and SELLE will complain to him yet again . Now, just be glad you aren't living with Asuka when you find that people with no Evas can engage an Angel. Poor, poor Shinji

Oh, I'll have my ways....perhaps

Ah yes, the (so far) 2-part doujin . Sachiel is cool, but not as cool as Zeruel

Well, that's a matter of who's writing. It also depends which Angel we're talking about here and how much Eva support you have their their own AT Fields eroding the Angel's. Looking at it, there's no way SLB could pierce the strongest of the Angel's AT Field (i.e. Zeruel and Ramiel). Now put it against a weaker Angel like Matriael there's a good chance it'll penetrate. Though as to what I have in store, you'll just have to wait and see :3.

Well, that was once the AT Field was eroded away though . With the exception of a few like Zeruel, if you can get to the core the Angel is pretty much screwed.
Well sounds like you've got it planned out, though can someone tell me what was actually going on in the screen the trio was watching, about the ball the dome the roary thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
It all boils down to how creative the author is in dealing with things that are in different universes. The reason I stay away from them is because they are almost always done very poorly.

An example: extremely skilled warrior in ancient Japan who never lost a battle. He was said to be god reincarnated, or a devil. He was so skilled that no one in his countless battles ever nicked him or his sword.

And then while he was sleeping, a poisonous spider bit him and he died.

The point of this? Nanoha is the spider, the Angel is the warrior. No matter how strong, an enemy is weak to something. The spider's venom is Nanoha's magic. Something alien to the Angel in such a "small" dose could potentially kill it.

There is more to defeating something than blasting it to pieces. an ATF can be neutralized and ripped through. No matter how strong it is, there is a way around it.
Example: you have a 500 yard thick wall of cement in front of you. You get stabbed in the back.

We're just gonna have to wait and see the logic done by said author before we can really rip it apart and look at it under a microscope. But if you wanna do that, I think you're reading for the wrong reason. Take it with a grain of salt and either go with it or leave it alone.

I think it's kind of rude to say "it can't be done" before he even tries. Who are you to force your views on a writer?

edit: that last part seemed a little blunt from me, so I wanan say it wasn't aimed at anyone specific ^^
There are a few crossovers that work, not many, but there are a few.

And yes everything has an achiles heel, for all we know the AT feild may actually have absolutly no effect on magic, ie it could be on a different wavelength and therefore provides no defence against magic, or the opposite could occur, though the probabilities of ever of these 2 senarios actually accuring are probably zilch.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 16:46   Link #3903
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Thats a conventional weapon. Are you saying magic is a "conventional" weapon?
Since magic didn't exist in Eva we wouldn't know for sure if an AT field would do anything against it or not.

Heck for all we know the AT Field might not even do anything against magic.
Actually, if you look at the first chapter there are bits in there hinting on how I'll be handling the combination of the two series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Basically, how Eva handles this crossover depends on what series he's porting into which. Since I've seen Gendo and the rest mentioned here, I'm guessing the mages are being crossed into Evangelion's universe, in which case the logic of the above example holds true. If the Angels were being ported into Nanoha, they'd have to comply with the rules set down in that series, in which case their AT Fields would be hyped-up barriers and SLB+ would smash through them anyways.
The first chapter has bit of this in it.

Quote:
There isn't even consistency on the "mundane weapons = useless" argument. There was absolutely nothing unconventional involved in the positron rifle used on the 5th, just massive amounts of power, and the 9th was killed by the Eva units' standard firearms, which are essentially just gun-shaped artillery pieces.
Other than Arael (15th), all the Angels were either killed by conventional weapons (Rifle, Prog. Knife, Positron Rifle, battle ships, etc) or by hand-to-hand combat (Zeruel was eaten, so close enough ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
I too share this curiosity. However I must wonder: if the girls are on par with the Angels, then what does that say about EVA? If Nanoha can one-shot an Angel, then what does that make the girls? Godlike? In fact, what does it say about religion? Three girls are capable of taking down Servants of God? Do they harness a power that can defeat supposedly holy beings? I feel this goes beyond power levels. Blending these two series will be interesting to watch.

I am also interested in hearing how they'll deal with the latter angels, like Leliel and Arael. Firepower won't make much of a difference.
I never said I was going to have then take on an Angel one-on-one...

And Leliel is already dead. Stated such in the briefing in the first chapter. Arael...has yet to show.

Quote:
There is more to defeating something than blasting it to pieces. an ATF can be neutralized and ripped through. No matter how strong it is, there is a way around it.
Example: you have a 500 yard thick wall of cement in front of you. You get stabbed in the back.
This is true of the AT Field. With some few exceptions on creative manipulation (Sea of Dirac) the Field bends space in one direction like a wall. Now it might be possible to manipulate it to be a true omni-direction barrier, but that has yet to be done in cannon.

Quote:
We're just gonna have to wait and see the logic done by said author before we can really rip it apart and look at it under a microscope. But if you wanna do that, I think you're reading for the wrong reason. Take it with a grain of salt and either go with it or leave it alone.
*whimpers and cowers inside his Sea of Dirac*

Quote:
Ah, the infamous religious overtones misinterpreted yet again.

I recommend you check Wikipedia's article on the Angels, TD. There's nothing divine about these stupid things. Extraterrestrial, yes. Divine, no.
They may not be divine, but they may also not be extraterrestrial given their possible origins and relation to us Lillum.

Quote:
They're also stated to be 99.something% similar to humans in their genetic code. Doesn't sound the least bit divine to me (both the similarity and the presence of any kind of genetic code), but hey, whatever floats your boat.

/off topic
After the defeat of Shamshel, Ritsuko discovered that the material composing the Angels had both wave and pattern properties that, when analyzed, had a structure that was 99.89% similar to human DNA. Far more in common that our closest ancestor, the monkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent000 View Post
Well sounds like you've got it planned out, though can someone tell me what was actually going on in the screen the trio was watching, about the ball the dome the roary thing.
That would be the defeat of Leliel, the 12th Angel by the hands of a berserk Eva 01 as it tore itself free from the Sea of Dirac like a really pissed off chest burster
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 17:02   Link #3904
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Other than Arael (15th), all the Angels were either killed by conventional weapons (Rifle, Prog. Knife, Positron Rifle, battle ships, etc) or by hand-to-hand combat (Zeruel was eaten, so close enough ).
Not what I meant. Both the positron rifle and the peashooter killed Angels in spite of their AT fields (I think the 9th might not have even had one), whereas the prog knives and such were used once the shields were down. My point was that conventional firepower necessary to breach an AT Field varies from Angel to Angel, and magic isn't conventional in any sense of the word, thus it is unreasonable to expect that AT fields will be able to simply shrug off high-level magic attacks (Hraesvelgr, anyone?) like Sach did in that doujin.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-01, 17:10   Link #3905
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Not what I meant. Both the positron rifle and the peashooter killed Angels in spite of their AT fields (I think the 9th might not have even had one), whereas the prog knives and such were used once the shields were down. My point was that conventional firepower necessary to breach an AT Field varies from Angel to Angel, and magic isn't conventional in any sense of the word, thus it is unreasonable to expect that AT fields will be able to simply shrug off high-level magic attacks (Hraesvelgr, anyone?) like Sach did in that doujin.
Read chapter 1 again. I already have the basis for the nature of Angels hinted at in there which would also lead to the properties of the AT Field (in this fic).
Old 2008-05-01, 17:13   Link #3906
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

*Sigh*

As much as I'm probably going to regret this....

How many pages back did you post the first chapter, Eva?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-01, 17:18   Link #3907
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
*Sigh*

As much as I'm probably going to regret this....

How many pages back did you post the first chapter, Eva?
Angelic Magic, Ch 01
Old 2008-05-01, 17:59   Link #3908
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

...Alright, so the Angels are probably Al-Hazardian in origin, assuming they aren't outright Lost Logia.

...Eva, let me say just one thing before I decide to continue reading this, despite every fiber in my body screaming at me to drop it and never go back to it:

If you kill off any of the Aces for good, you WILL be hearing about it from me. I don't care if there's "no angst because there's no time to be angsty", character deaths in fanfics are utterly utterly repulsive to me; that goes triple for Nanoha fanfiction, and triple again for Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-01, 18:07   Link #3909
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
...Alright, so the Angels are probably Al-Hazardian in origin, assuming they aren't outright Lost Logia.

...Eva, let me say just one thing before I decide to continue reading this, despite every fiber in my body screaming at me to drop it and never go back to it:

If you kill off any of the Aces for good, you WILL be hearing about it from me. I don't care if there's "no angst because there's no time to be angsty", character deaths in fanfics are utterly utterly repulsive to me; that goes triple for Nanoha fanfiction, and triple again for Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate.
>_>

<_<

*hides the Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate flavored Tang bottles*

*hides in the Sea of Dirac*
Old 2008-05-01, 18:17   Link #3910
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
That was an utterly confusing page of back log. But um...

Quote:

Maybe I'm missing something and if I am I'm sorry and please ignore me but... Eva has the right to kill off whoever he feels like in his fanfic and if you don't like it then there's no need for you to read it.

Btw: I liked the 1st chapter of Angelic Magic.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 18:24   Link #3911
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:

While I....applaud, for lack of a better term, your defiance against killing off the Aces, there is the fact that it may be prudent that one of the three Aces dies, for whatever reason.

For most reasons, it is a plot device, because it gets the story moving. Yes I'd be disappointed if a canon character died. However, sometimes it is a necessary evil to kill off a character in order to get a story going.

So let me just say this:

You have no right whatsoever to threaten Eva, or ANYONE on this thread, or any other thread, to not kill off characters. It is rude, it is disrespectful, and most of all, it degrades you as a reader, because then you start labeling yourself as a rabid fanboy who wants to read what he wants, rather then letting the writer write what they feel like writing, or want to write.

The fact that no one has yet to comment on that, I have no idea, but from my perspective, that threat was downright rude.

Period.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 18:30   Link #3912
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
>_>

<_<

*hides the Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate flavored Tang bottles*

*hides in the Sea of Dirac*
Spoiler for Brace for Eva-breaker!:

Quote:
You have no right whatsoever to threaten Eva, or ANYONE on this thread, or any other thread, to not kill off characters.
Ghaz, the only thing I'm threatening Eva with is a bitching-at, like the kind he got from me yesterday on Outercadia. I'm not about to go and start flaming authors just for writing stories I don't like; maybe if I was ten years younger and ten years more childish I would, but I'm not so I won't. And I've already said that if he kills off the characters, I'll stop reading. That's as big a threat as any reader has any business making.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-01, 18:34   Link #3913
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Brace for Eva-breaker!:
*scribbles new plot ideas while sipping some Tang*
Old 2008-05-01, 19:57   Link #3914
Momo Chan
Fate is Nanoha's bish.

Ew.
Why is everyone talking about Evangelion? Especially on a Nanoha thread?
Momo is displeased

Back on topic of Nanoha fanfiction:
Satashi and MercurianAngel did a LOVELY job on Emerald Bell. A little too much for me at times but it was beautiful *_*
And just simply amazing.
I really enjoyed reading it despite the...yeah....

Great job. Though I don't think I want to read something like this again
Momo Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 19:58   Link #3915
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo Chan View Post
Ew.
Momo is displeased

Satashi and MercurianAngel did a LOVELY job on Emerald Bell. A little too much for me at times but it was beautiful *_*
And just simply amazing.

I join the motion, this is a Nanoha fanfic thread, not an Evangelion fanfic thread

Hope to not ofend you guys
Old 2008-05-01, 20:02   Link #3916
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Ew.
Momo is displeased

And just simply amazing.

Oh ho ho ho Little momo went through with it. But not wanting to read something like that why we'll just have to work on th-- *gets shot... again*

Btw: did you change your ave again Evil Rick?
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 20:09   Link #3917
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post

Btw: did you change your ave again Evil Rick?
Yes. I think I finally made one really... Evil
Old 2008-05-01, 20:21   Link #3918
Thesinwithin
Undersea Lolcano

Send a message via AIM to Thesinwithin
I second the motion for the end of the Evangelion talk on the Nanoha fanfiction boards. I have never seen the series, nor do I have any interest in it, and it's not fun for me to come to a board where I expect wonderful mahou shoujo only to find discussion on something I have no interest in. I read the crossover and I liked it, but the wank was a little much for me.

So.

Yeah.

-gets off soapbox-

Back on topic. I was thinking about potentially extending Undercover into two more parts, instead of one. So I was wondering, what do you guys think I should do.

a] make epic-long-chapter-of-death and actually end everything for this final update - this will take longer than the usual friday night update.
b] add an epilogue that helps to finish off the storyline with cuteness and fluff after some epic angst?
c] Do neither and write something else (Like Cop!Nanoha or more of Vivio's boyfriend)
Thesinwithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 20:59   Link #3919
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Ew.
Momo is displeased

And just simply amazing.

Momo-chan read it! *little dance* that makes me feel happy ^_^ I'm pleased you enjoyed it as much as you did Momo ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Yes. I think I finally made one really... Evil
Ew.... Rick your new ones make me a little sick to my stomach looking at O.<
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 21:00   Link #3920
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesinwithin View Post
I second the motion for the end of the Evangelion talk on the Nanoha fanfiction boards. I have never seen the series, nor do I have any interest in it, and it's not fun for me to come to a board where I expect wonderful mahou shoujo only to find discussion on something I have no interest in. I read the crossover and I liked it, but the wank was a little much for me.

So.

Yeah.

-gets off soapbox-

Back on topic. I was thinking about potentially extending Undercover into two more parts, instead of one. So I was wondering, what do you guys think I should do.

a] make epic-long-chapter-of-death and actually end everything for this final update - this will take longer than the usual friday night update.
b] add an epilogue that helps to finish off the storyline with cuteness and fluff after some epic angst?
c] Do neither and write something else (Like Cop!Nanoha or more of Vivio's boyfriend)
Good point abou the Evangelion thing

Why not instead of a big chapter you better made two regular chapters? I t makes it easiest to read

Quote:
Ew.... Rick your new ones make me a little sick to my stomach looking at O.<
That's the intention

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha