AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-24, 10:35   Link #1
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

To Love Ru

To LOVE-Ru is a manga written by Hasemi Saki, and illustrated by Kentaro Yabuki, creator of Black Cat. It is serialized weekly in Weekly Shonen Jump. A drama CD has been announced to be released in February, 2008. An anime series has also been announced to begin in April, 2008.

At this point in time there is 7 Volumes released

Quote:
Manga:
Original Work: Hasemi Saki
Drawing: Yabuki Kentarou

Anime staff:
Director: Kato Takao ???
Series Composition: Yamatoya Akatsuki
Character Design: Oka Yuuichi
Animation Production: XEBEC
Shonen
Comedy, Bishojo, Ecchi, Romance, Sci-Fi

Quote:
The story is about Rito Yūki, a high-school boy who cannot confess to the girl of his dreams, Haruna Sairenji. One day when coming home and sulking in the bath-tub a mysterious, nude girl, appears out of nowhere. Her name is Lala and she comes from the planet Deviluke, where she is the heir to the throne. Her father wants her to return to her home planet so she can marry one of the husband candidates, but she decides that she wants to marry Rito in order to stay on Earth. Commander Zastin has been ordered to bring Lala back and has already battled Rito. He reports to the emperor that Rito would be suited to marry Lala, after hearing Rito say that marriage is impossible unless it is with the person you love (Rito was actually defending himself but Zastin and Lala thought he was defending Lala). With this speech, Lala truly falls in love with Rito and decides that she wants to marry Rito. Her father decides that, if Rito is able to protect Lala from her fiances, then he can be her fiance, but if Rito cannot protect Lala from her other fiances, Lala's father will kill Rito and destroy Earth.
Anyone looking forward to this anime??.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-04-05 at 19:11. Reason: Removed spoilers from the summary
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 10:44   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

I started reading the manga because I heard there was going to be an anime adaptation, and it's a fun story. So it's on my "to watch" list for the Spring Season.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 10:50   Link #3
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

First off it sounded quite complex being a "Comedy, Bishojo, Ecchi, Romance, Sci-Fi" but i will defently give it a chance of the first odd episodes, So do you feel the manga's are worth buying??
Old 2007-12-24, 11:25   Link #4
Westlo
Lets be reality

After seeing the image of Lala coming into the main character's bath in the Random Musing post by Omni on his blog that was mainly about Honey & Clover LA I started reading the manga. It's good fun so far and should be alright as long as XEBEC don't do another manga to anime disaster like Negima.

Last edited by Westlo; 2007-12-24 at 11:37.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 11:27   Link #5
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
After seeing the image of Lala coming into the main character's bath in the Random Things post by Omni that was mainly about Honey & Clover LA I started reading the manga. It's good fun so far and should be alright as long as XEBEC don't do another manga to anime disaster like Negima.
Ill go buy some after Christmas but i agree with you i hope it doesn't turn out like Negima!i loved the books but started the anime and hated it.
Old 2007-12-24, 13:01   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
After seeing the image of Lala coming into the main character's bath in the Random Musing post by Omni on his blog that was mainly about Honey & Clover LA I started reading the manga. It's good fun so far and should be alright as long as XEBEC don't do another manga to anime disaster like Negima.
Oh it's pretty brainless fun I agree.

By the way, anyone want to take bets on whether Yami is going to have the same Seiyuu as Eve (I believe her name was Misato Fukuen, but I'll have to check). I think she probably will too make the tie even stronger and bring in Eve's fan group as well, because honestly, they are the same character. Yami is like making up for Eve never quite getting enough full body fanservice shots.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 13:40   Link #7
Westlo
Lets be reality

You're fairly up to date with the manga aren't you? Any good stopping point for the anime in it yet?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 13:50   Link #8
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
You're fairly up to date with the manga aren't you? Any good stopping point for the anime in it yet?
So far, I think we can safely say that there is one.

Though frankly, it wouldn't make much of a stopping point either. A huge bulk of Torabu is as said, mindless comedy fanservice fun.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 14:19   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The beauty of To Love Ru is that it's a Weekly Shonen Jump manga, and therefore borderline guaranteed to last about 100+ chapters and span about 20+ volumes at the bare minimum. In fact I believe it is about to hit the 100 chapter point if it hasn't already. For all we know this series could easily be a prolonged one like Toei's One Piece or Studio Pierrot's Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto and Bleach.

Edit: By the way I just checked and Yami/Golden Darkness does indeed have the exact same Seiyuu as Eve from Black Cat. Not surprising. And pretty boy Zastin goes to Takehito Koyasu. Also not a huge surprise.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 14:48   Link #10
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Oh..i so am .. I love this manga.

One of the better harems, where the lead guy is definitely better than your average lead. But hech, its not the guy that makes this manga so awesome, its the girls and the mindless(ina good way ) awesome fan service which just steal the show.

The only disappointment in the anime would be that there is no ending possible. Since the manga is still just having fun, and doing various crazy adventures. I m sure it will be an girls end. So I m not expecting a great end, but i m definitely hopin good animation and good adaptation
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 15:07   Link #11
UPR

Okay I know im going to get trashed. I like the manga and will at the very least check out the first few ep to see how it goes. But, unless the manga ends with a actual ending in which there is a actual couple, then the anime will fall into just another echii; harem with no ending.

What is there to expect of this that has not been done by other series. It will play out like all the other series that came before it. And frankly I don't expect it to be anything great, since the male lead is just like so many others out there with no special quality that has the girl's falling for him.

This will problably not be anything great. And if does something remotly different it's because the bar is set so low.
Old 2007-12-24, 16:58   Link #12
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
Anyone looking forward to this anime??.
For this, you get the same repsonse as I gave in the manga thread:

HELL!

FRAKKING!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Quote:
After seeing the image of Lala coming into the main character's bath in the Random Musing post by Omni on his blog that was mainly about Honey & Clover LA I started reading the manga.
HUH??!! How'd I miss that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Oh it's pretty brainless fun I agree.

By the way, anyone want to take bets on whether Yami is going to have the same Seiyuu as Eve (I believe her name was Misato Fukuen, but I'll have to check).
Well, Eve's VA already agreed to playing her voice for the drama CD, so we can at least expect her to come back for To Love Ru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The beauty of To Love Ru is that it's a Weekly Shonen Jump manga, and therefore borderline guaranteed to last about 100+ chapters and span about 20+ volumes at the bare minimum. In fact I believe it is about to hit the 100 chapter point if it hasn't already.
We're hitting chapter 83 this week.
Old 2007-12-24, 17:08   Link #13
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
For this, you get the same repsonse as I gave in the manga thread:

HELL!

FRAKKING!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

HUH??!! How'd I miss that?!

Well, Eve's VA already agreed to playing her voice for the drama CD, so we can at least expect her to come back for To Love Ru.

We're hitting chapter 83 this week.
I always enjoy a good comedy romance so i hope this will be good, also does anyone know where to get these in the UK as the place i get manga, Amazon.co.uk doesn't have them in, thanks in advance.
Old 2007-12-24, 19:44   Link #14
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
They were referring to this.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...drama-edition/

I hope they make at least 26 episodes out of this, but each chapter is pretty random so I'm not sure how they're going to fit them into a episode that goes on for half an hour.
Old 2007-12-24, 21:03   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Man, I need to start reading the manga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
One of the main reasons why I'm watching this besides the eyecatch service - EVE CLONE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
I always enjoy a good comedy romance so i hope this will be good, also does anyone know where to get these in the UK as the place i get manga, Amazon.co.uk doesn't have them in, thanks in advance.
Beh...the Uk is useless for anything of this sort

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 06:39   Link #16
NeoSam

TBS's site for the anime has opened:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/to-love-ru/

And the official site for the anime has opened:
http://www.j-toloveru.com/
Old 2007-12-25, 15:19   Link #17
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
The manga wasn't the greatest but it was enjoyable enough to read. They now need a anime of Pretty Face ^^, since the To Love Ru artwork is very amazingly cute.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 16:13   Link #18
Freeter
beyond

Sweet, there's an anime thread now. Might as well post these:

Pics from the trailer shown at JUMP Festa

Cam footage of the trailer itself *requires Nicovideo account*

I'm not setting my standards too high since it's a harem show and Xebec is producing, but with Misato Fukuen reprising her role as Eve and some peeps from Buso Renkin and Gintama at the helm, I have some hope that it'll be good.

BTW, I still think this is the best harem series ever. Rito is one lucky bastard
Old 2007-12-25, 16:50   Link #19
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Not exactly a very informative trailer, the scenes are all straight out of Volume 1 with only Lala's voice.

Though for some reason the horror that is Love Hina comes to mind after watching the trailer (good harem manga gone BAD in anime form). Although expectations aren't high, I at least hope it won't get THAT bad.
Old 2007-12-26, 03:14   Link #20
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Not exactly a very informative trailer, the scenes are all straight out of Volume 1 with only Lala's voice.

Though for some reason the horror that is Love Hina comes to mind after watching the trailer (good harem manga gone BAD in anime form). Although expectations aren't high, I at least hope it won't get THAT bad.
As long as it's not as horrible as Shugo Chara, then i'll be fine ^^, Love Hina was ok, till you get to those boring filler that was more pointless than a Pet Rock.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, school life, shounen, xebec