Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2014-05-10, 08:38   Link #1941
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Somehow I had the impression that it wasn't planned in the start but the fans weren't happy about book 16(rumors and such). Don't remember exactly that's why I'm asking, but I guess I just misunderstood.
The author said himself that the volume 17 wasn't originally planned. He was clearly announcing the volume 15-16 to be the last arc. However, in the end of the 16th volume, he said that the editor told him that fans would not be satisfied with such an "abrupt" ending. That's why he choose to do an epilogue, bundled with a few short stories to make the result big enough as a LN volume.

While I enjoyed the 17 th volume (I enjoyed ALL the S&W volumes so that's a moot point though) I wouldn't have been disappointed if the 16th volume was the end. I thought that as the end of the story, it was perfectly fine. I don't understand what would have be bad about it. We got the answers that we needed about Lawrence and Holo. Although getting more info about other characters' future like Eve and Nora was much appreciated.
Old 2014-06-05, 20:56   Link #1942
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Oh, I think I forgot to mention it, but thee was a pretty bad error in the book this go-around on page 146 unless someone can explain to me a rational. It is mid-way down.

I fancy my Middle English pretty solid but cannot recall ever seeing anything like that. I assume it is just a bad typo with one-and-a-half words missing.
Old 2014-06-05, 21:47   Link #1943
assmdxd

is this novel had a good ending

so cool
assmdxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 02:43   Link #1944
deathcoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by assmdxd View Post
is this novel had a good ending
Yea man, one of the sweetest ending ever lol... Very cute...

Spoiler for Ending:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
The author said himself that the volume 17 wasn't originally planned. He was clearly announcing the volume 15-16 to be the last arc. However, in the end of the 16th volume, he said that the editor told him that fans would not be satisfied with such an "abrupt" ending. That's why he choose to do an epilogue, bundled with a few short stories to make the result big enough as a LN volume.

While I enjoyed the 17 th volume (I enjoyed ALL the S&W volumes so that's a moot point though) I wouldn't have been disappointed if the 16th volume was the end. I thought that as the end of the story, it was perfectly fine. I don't understand what would have be bad about it. We got the answers that we needed about Lawrence and Holo. Although getting more info about other characters' future like Eve and Nora was much appreciated.
What was the "Ending" in volume 16?
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:14   Link #1945
Sacredus

Spoiler was on 74 page. Wow, so much time had passed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for Light Novel Volume 16/The End:
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 19:40   Link #1946
deathcoy

Thx Sacredus.

Lol, Zefyris is right, vol 16 ending ain't all that bad. Vol 17 ending was basically some sugar coating hahaha but glad its still in though.

Man wish they continued the anime adaptation for entire novel >.>
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 05:12   Link #1947
Chisel

I just recently finished volume 10 and am wondering what Huskins told Lawrence. Was it revealed in the book and I simply missed it or are they saving it for later. Though volume 10 was excellent and going to start vol. 11 soon.
Chisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 05:31   Link #1948
Zefyris
図書館狼

If you mean what was said while Holo and Cole were away near the end of the volume, IIRC it's saved for later.
Old 2014-06-17, 13:29   Link #1949
Chisel

Yeah that was it, thanks.
Old 2014-06-22, 13:24   Link #1950
iceaco

In case you guys are interested in VNs:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...omica-complete
ep2 and ep3 getting localized. VN by Hasekura-sensei.

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 06:21   Link #1951
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Well, Volume XII is out... I have been nipping at it this weekend. Unfortunately, I have already noticed some errors... but, these are nothing that carefully rereading the sentence can't overcome.

Still I am a bit disappointed that the kinds of errors keep cropping-up. I really am going to do my own translation one day.

Volume XIII is heading our way in December and Volumes 9 and 10 of the manga are coming shortly as well!
Old 2014-10-25, 06:24   Link #1952
sumusiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
In case you guys are interested in VNs:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...omica-complete
ep2 and ep3 getting localized. VN by Hasekura-sensei.
I'd rather see a kickstarter for season 3 of Spice and Wolf.
sumusiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 06:51   Link #1953
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

With Vol 13 about to come out this month I thought it was time for me to start ordering the books. Anyone have a good idea when Yen Press will eventually reach the last volume?
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 18:02   Link #1954
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
With Vol 13 about to come out this month I thought it was time for me to start ordering the books. Anyone have a good idea when Yen Press will eventually reach the last volume?
Given the current schedule posted on their website, volume 17 should be released in April of 2016.

http://www.yenpress.com/spice-and-wolf-novel/
Old 2014-12-08, 23:50   Link #1955
Chisel

Man I need to find some time to catch up on the last two books, 11 & 12, for the release of volume 13. So glad that Yen Press decided to pick up the pace for releases. The ending is within sight now.
Old 2014-12-09, 06:30   Link #1956
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumusiko View Post
I'd rather see a kickstarter for season 3 of Spice and Wolf.
Count me in on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
Given the current schedule posted on their website, volume 17 should be released in April of 2016.

http://www.yenpress.com/spice-and-wolf-novel/
Now THAT would be great to see...this is one of those series that in my opinion "deserves" a good treatment of all the volumes being available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
Man I need to find some time to catch up on the last two books, 11 & 12, for the release of volume 13. So glad that Yen Press decided to pick up the pace for releases. The ending is within sight now.
For me I will wait until they are all published, most likely. I like to purchase series in complete sets if at all possible.

Wouldn't it be great if they did a package deal of some sort of all the volumes being available at once? I'd snap that up. Probably won't happen, but definitely would be nice to see should the series be able to be completed....
Old 2015-01-09, 05:09   Link #1957
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I would throw all my money on the screen to kickstart a season 3.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 06:05   Link #1958
IAmAsianNoob

Does anyone know when the last volume will be released?(also is the last volume 16 or 17?)
IAmAsianNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 11:37   Link #1959
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAsianNoob View Post
Does anyone know when the last volume will be released?(also is the last volume 16 or 17?)
Read up a few posts. Unless Yen Press alters their release schedule, volume 17 should be out in April 2016.
Old 2015-01-15, 14:31   Link #1960
Slaine

To this day, I still can't feel satisfied with the story. The very idea that she'll eventually move on and take another lover just kills it for me. Totally destroys the potency of their relationship and cheapens the coupling. I guess the author just doesn't understand that kind of once in a lifetime love.

And before someone says it's selfish or love/relationships are transient, just stop, because you clearly don't have the same core values or experiences.
Slaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen