AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-19, 05:14   Link #81
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

maybe I am honestly expecting this manga to have an unhappy ending, i have pointed it out before but korea has compulsory military service for men at the end of high school. i just don't see how things can for out for him and miss na, especially when you factor in ji soo who is eventually gonna stand up for herself. I would love to see a happily ever after ending but i am unsure of how it could come to be.
Old 2008-03-19, 11:05   Link #82
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Wow at the recent developments. It's a supposed silver lining for Jin-Ho and Hae-Young, but I think otherwise.

Spoiler:

Anyway, Mykas, it actually depends on how the characters go about doing what they want to do. My country also has compulsory military service for up to 2 years with re-service for a period of 10. It's probably the best time to test whether the feelings for your significant other are really that strong in a sense.
Old 2008-03-19, 16:20   Link #83
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

i really can't speak to how people in korea behave culturally over this issue except to point out that this was brought up in the very beginning of the first book. And they seem to have a very strict class (meaning social position) structure based on age. I suppose it could test the "mettle" of the relationship but most likely it would just end it.... i think so anyway.
Old 2008-03-20, 07:13   Link #84
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
maybe I am honestly expecting this manga to have an unhappy ending, i have pointed it out before but korea has compulsory military service for men at the end of high school. i just don't see how things can for out for him and miss na, especially when you factor in ji soo who is eventually gonna stand up for herself. I would love to see a happily ever after ending but i am unsure of how it could come to be.
it could be remedied by a timeskip though, but i probably wouldnt like it

and some other group released 59-63, that saved us a lot of work =)
Old 2008-03-22, 22:52   Link #85
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

Send a message via AIM to ffnovice7 Send a message via MSN to ffnovice7
Talking Can't blame ya, but do belittle your lack of faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
I wouldn't blame ya; it does seem like quite the odds. Even Onegai Teacher, which I see abso-positive-ly NO resemblance to UXU (although both are phenomenal and probably not rip offs of each other; the genre is growing), had only a five-year age difference, albeit they look quite a bit more May-December than Hae Young and Jin Ho.

But I digress: although it seems most likely that a break up would seem most realistic and fitting, thinking so is WILDLY belittling the raconteur skills of Im Dal Young, the author, who has time-and-time-again shown us that UXU is delightfully different from most other manhwas/mangas, regardless of RCCR (RaceCultureCreedorReligion).

Maybe a happy ending is what we really want, but we're all too afraid to believe because of what usually happens when authors botch it; here's to hopin' that he does not.
Old 2008-03-25, 11:52   Link #86
Westlo
Lets be reality

The latest volume was some awesome stuff.
Old 2008-04-17, 14:38   Link #87
ellifeedn
Thinker

Anything new out? It's been about a month and I thought that at least one chapter would come out.
Old 2008-04-17, 22:02   Link #88
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

Same

Same here; I would have thought at least the raws would be out. Maybe they're scanlating a bunch of vol 8 to release it at yet another steady pace again 'cuz, you know, we obviously cannot control our reading pace (although in the pro-pace's defense, I personally could NOT control myself; UXU is really that fuckin' good).
Old 2008-04-18, 01:10   Link #89
Supah Em
*Scanlator

its hard to find raws and even if we find them, its blocked =.=
Old 2008-04-25, 22:16   Link #90
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

...by? I thought someone actually went to Korea periodically and got the raws and sent 'em back or brought them back to... wherever the scanlation centre(s) are. I'm not tryin' to sound like I'm complainin', as the last time I went to Korea was BEFORE they started putting solid doors for the entrances to the cockpit, but it seems a bit delayed more so than "technical difficulties" can excuse. Is the exact problem just that there is no raw Ch. 63 at hand with the scanlators, or something else entirely? Please let .... anyone know.
Old 2008-05-04, 22:09   Link #91
darkgalford

why do they block? do the site is the same that we got the raws before?

i hate reading something good without an end
Old 2008-05-07, 10:46   Link #92
CygnusX

I started reading UxU yesterday evening and just couldn't stop. I finished today at ch. 62 and it's painfull to know it might be a long time before we get see new release.

I've been looking for this kinda of manga (or manhwa whatever... ) for a long time but couldn't find anything like it. Unlike those other manga's where it's one dorky guy that gets attention of all the pretty girls or it's about one character that can't make up their mind, which u see way too frequently, this story isn't about that. I love good stories about forbidden / impossible love and nice art and this manga has both.

The only thing I'm fearing for is that the story gets dragged too long cos atm Jin-Ho Myung and Hae-Young Nah 's feelings are clear for a while already, only the teacher doesn't want to admit it. Though it's really satisying to see her gradually break.

At the chapter with the mountain trip, I thought this was the turning point but it seems she 's covered it up again. Please don't let this turn out into another Suzuka with houndreds of chapters before they finally get together and the the manga end.

I really wish that part of the manga is about the 2 main characters that have chosen for each other and the both of them try their best to maintain / improve their relationship, break the taboos and fight against everything that stands in their way.

Hope there'll be more releases of next chapters soon, cos imho this is the best unfinished romance manga since Suzuka and at about the same level.

Last edited by CygnusX; 2008-05-07 at 11:04.
Old 2008-05-17, 04:53   Link #93
Supah Em
*Scanlator

ah, finally we've found the holy grail!

expect new chapters in a week or so.
Old 2008-05-28, 04:05   Link #94
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nice too see that we will get some new chapters in the near future, I've been hanging for more XD I recently reread the first 8 volumes and it was just as fun as the first time. Looks like the Ji-Soo situation should be wrapped up very quickly and Carrie was put into place in 62. Now we just have the final relationship boss in Jae Gyong to go... I was thinking she should've been in it more but she was actually in the first 5 volumes quite a bit.

Anyway a poster on AOD was posting some changes from the Korean to Japanese version... Vol 2 gets a new cover.

http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/image/4860325862_400.jpg

And they made it even more echhi than it already was

http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/image/sampl...2_sample02.jpg

Hae Young lost her bra

http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/image/sampl...2_sample03.jpg

Hae Young lost her towel around her head as well as her red tshirt and shorts.
Old 2008-05-28, 13:20   Link #95
ellifeedn
Thinker

Why did they make it more ecchi? Not enough fanservice?
Old 2008-05-28, 16:56   Link #96
ZODDGUTS

Here's one more:

Spoiler for ecchi!:

Old 2008-05-28, 17:28   Link #97
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

Was this the night when both of them started havin' naughty thoughts?
Old 2008-05-28, 17:29   Link #98
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

Lucky Japanese peo-poe...
Old 2008-05-28, 17:46   Link #99
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffnovice7 View Post
Was this the night when both of them started havin' naughty thoughts?
Yeah it was her having those naughty thoughts here's a Japanese comparison with the Korean version:

Spoiler for Comparison:

As always the Japanese know how to take existing products and make them even better.
Old 2008-05-28, 17:48   Link #100
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wonder how they will change the Carrie and Jin Ho scenes in the video room lol.
Closed Thread

Tags
manhwa, romance