AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-06, 05:39   Link #18301
tsunade666

the artificial heaven is different than the windowless building. The windowless building exist there and the same time it didn't exist. It's like in a complete different dimension or something of a barrier was preventing an attack from outside to reach it. It's a complete isolated fortress that only a teleporter can access.

And even an attack that can destroy planets aren't enough to faze that windowless building or maybe even touch it.
Old 2012-05-06, 05:39   Link #18302
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
To be precise, he used the energy of the Earth to form a kinetic attack on the building, slowing the Earth down by 5 minutes. Think someone posted a calculation that equates it to thousands of nuclear bombs...
And Aleister literally didn't give a fuck that day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the artificial heaven is different than the windowless building. The windowless building exist there and the same time it didn't exist. It's like in a complete different dimension or something of a barrier was preventing an attack from outside to reach it.
That's still a speculation right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
So, E is the Windowless building, while F is School Garden.

The School Garden is a girls only area, isn't it?
Yes, it's surrounded by 5 prestigious girls school.

I wonder whose idea was it... >.>

Quote:
Yeah, that's why you have the shaded square. Only the students and staff are allowed in (except special occasions)
I always wanted to see what happens if a certain [group] of idiots tried to sneak in for various reasons.

I mean, I have some ideas, but it's always better when it's canon.
Old 2012-05-06, 06:00   Link #18303
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I always wanted to see what happens if a certain [group] of idiots tried to sneak in for various reasons.

I mean, I have some ideas, but it's always better when it's canon.
Shut up, I was about to start writing that very fic, get out of my head!
Old 2012-05-06, 06:02   Link #18304
tsunade666

Quote:
That's still a speculation right?
Quote:
Crumbling down, Accelerator pounded his fist into the dirty water puddle. No matter how much he did, he cannot reach Aleister. By some unknown technique, the attack was being dispersed, and there's even no guarantee that it was there in the first place. Everything could be a dummy. It didn't matter. It really already didn't matter.
quoted from volume 13.

it's there but the same time it's not there.
Old 2012-05-06, 06:16   Link #18305
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Shut up, I was about to start writing that very fic, get out of my head!
Not if I beat you to it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
quoted from volume 13.

it's there but the same time it's not there.
Still sounds far from definitive if you ask me...
Old 2012-05-06, 13:49   Link #18306
Phibrizzo
Honos628

On the attack its thousands of times all the nuclear weapons on earth (pretty much enough energy to destroy half the moon, Oceania or kill all life on earth).
Old 2012-05-06, 17:05   Link #18307
leukrota

Quote:
To be precise, he used the energy of the Earth to form a kinetic attack on the building, slowing the Earth down by 5 minutes. Think someone posted a calculation that equates it to thousands of nuclear bombs...
About that... that has always bothered me, what exactly does it mean to slow down the rotation by 5 minutes... Does it mean each day would be 24 hours and 5 minutes long!!!???

You'd have add 5 minutes per day, messing up every clock in the word (and if you don't then the daytime would be the one getting messed very quick). You'd also have to take a day out each year (so 364 day per year) and eliminate leap years to compensate if it really is this way.

Ok, anyone tell me if I'm misinterpreting the statement.
Old 2012-05-06, 22:00   Link #18308
apsody243

Yeah that's basically what what that statement means.

And the really scary thing is that that's not even considered powerful by TAMNI standards, not when you have beings that can literally play pinball with all the celestial bodies.

I'm looking at you Gabbi.
Old 2012-05-07, 02:49   Link #18309
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Some of you might not remember, but during Vol 15's battle royale, Awaki hinted that there might be more to the building than just Aleister's fortress. Her exact words were "That isn’t a ‘windowless building’."
Thinking about this again... this can actually be taken as a sign that Awaki knows more than we think she does.
By this statement, she could have mean that she knows Aleister himself is a window, to the secret chief.
Old 2012-05-07, 02:54   Link #18310
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Thinking about this again... this can actually be taken as a sign that Awaki knows more than we think she does.
By this statement, she could have mean that she knows Aleister himself is a window, to the secret chief.
Nah, she suspected and has some ideas of her own, but she never said she knows definitively what's going on.
Old 2012-05-07, 03:53   Link #18311
Flere821
Lurker

I'm thinking the 'windowless building' is just what's physically visible/present on the planet 'Earth' plane of existence... do remember teleporting involves jumping between dimensions (up to 11th Dimension), I've taken it as meaning the windowless building is at least partially in another dimension/plane of existence, what's solely existing on Earth cannot put even a dent into that 'building'.

I had thought it's completely in a different realm, but then Aleister could hear a tiny bit of Accelerator's attack smashing against his building back in Vol13. So judging from how sound works when something impacts into something else, part of the building should still be anchored into Earth.
Old 2012-05-07, 04:12   Link #18312
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I actually think the most important clue is when she said, "That isn't a Windowless Building." What if our basic assumption was wrong, and that isn't a 'building'?The second clue is that it has life sustaining capabilities within, and they emphasize abit about it's cosmic ray protection.

So what is the 'Windowless Building'? Well one possibility is that it's a metaphoric 'Cocoon', nurturing and protecting something within, maybe Crowley, maybe Aiwass, maybe something else we don't know yet.

Another possibility is... Well... Maybe Aleister just built himself a fucking Starship ? (Hint: The Planet itself might just be a means to an end.)

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-05-07 at 04:27.
Old 2012-05-07, 05:26   Link #18313
faiz blaster

Quote:
Another possibility is... Well... Maybe Aleister just built himself a fucking Starship ? (Hint: The Planet itself might just be a means to an end.)
Don't get it...
Old 2012-05-07, 06:11   Link #18314
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Don't get it...
Is it so farfletched even with all that I've said ? Let me try again...

First Clue:

Quote:
First of all, that isn’t a ‘windowless building’. If you don’t even know that much, you don’t have any real information.
Second Clue:

Quote:
For instance, everything needed to live including oxygen is produced inside. And it can stand up to a nuclear attack because it can block radiation. It can also block all the different kinds of cosmic rays emitted by stars.
Third Clue-

Quote:
Most likely, this planet itself is nothing more than a disposable tool for him.
You probably won't have that kind of plan unless you have a means to get off the Planet.
Old 2012-05-07, 07:33   Link #18315
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Wouldn't it be funny if Othinus gets to the Windowless Building, prepares to enter, then Aleister fucks off and goes into space?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-05-07, 17:17   Link #18316
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if Othinus gets to the Windowless Building, prepares to enter, then Aleister fucks off and goes into space?
Unless Aleister is floating upside down inside a rocket, ready to take off anytime, it is unlikely
Awaki's Move Point has a range of 800m, she (sadly) can't teleport into a space station where Aleister could be
Though it is a nice idea!
Old 2012-05-07, 19:49   Link #18317
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Unless Aleister is floating upside down inside a rocket, ready to take off anytime, it is unlikely
Awaki's Move Point has a range of 800m, she (sadly) can't teleport into a space station where Aleister could be
Though it is a nice idea!
Erm right... Well obvious this is all circumstantial, but it's still one of those things that I have to say first so in the unlikely event that it DOES happen, I finally have a reason to put on my monocle and top hat.

...Hell, if it does actually turn out to be a Starship, I'll wear the monocle for the whole month.
Old 2012-05-07, 20:31   Link #18318
leukrota

Quote:
...Hell, if it does actually turn out to be a Starship, I'll wear the monocle for the whole month.
LOL Sherlock... Though personally I find more likely your other suggestion, the metaphorical cocoon.

About the planet being expendable, maybe it's not in favor of space travel, maybe it about the creation of an "artificial heaven" that doesn't need Earth to exist.
Old 2012-05-09, 00:27   Link #18319
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

any news on the release date for the next volume?
Old 2012-05-09, 00:31   Link #18320
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
any news on the release date for the next volume?
Zero.

The earliest you can expect is in August.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen