AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 86 72.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 12.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 8.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.84%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-02, 22:32   Link #21
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think it makes perfect sense for this to be the first time Menma has shown herself to the rest of the group, she's been out of the loop for a few episodes so she didn't know how strained the group was becoming and how much pressure they were putting on Jintan. And as soon as she did know she did something about it, plus it was shown in the previous episode that other people could see Menma moving things.

As for Menmama, geeze, are there no therapists in this town? She's still grieving and it seems like to the point where it creeps out her husband and son (and kind of neglects him, I felt really sorry for that kid) and that really doesn't seem healthy. I wonder if she was the one who convinced her husband not to let the kids have the rocket (as opposed to Menma's dad not trusting high school kids with really powerful rockets, I mean, you saw that plan they came up with as elementary kids ).
Old 2011-06-02, 22:46   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I got the sense that Menma's brother had been waiting to pour his heart to someone for years, and had no one to listen until Jintan wandered back into the picture. If Menmama resented the Busters for surviving when Menma died, it isn't hard to speculate that she resents her brother, too. Poor kid...
Old 2011-06-02, 22:47   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The emotional tension and unease was horrible and wonderful. Great job by Tomacchan in the confession scene. Powerful cliffhanger: show you the physical event, but leave peoples' reactions to next week. Nasty.

I didn't feel the "hatred" from Irena that Anaru did. Just despair and envy and "why her and not one of them?" Seems highly understandable. The kids didn't have the wherewithal to keep talking with her and explain that they really felt guilty and still loved Menma. Her lines could have been delivered in a more hateful way than they were, or perhaps it was me drawing the wrong conclusion from the seiyuu's tone of voice. Oura Fuyuka is a good voice actress: recently Otake in Five Leaves and Kifa in Legendary Heroes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:05   Link #24
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
9/10 for this exciting episode eight.

Spoiler for Anohana Episode 8 thoughts:
Old 2011-06-02, 23:13   Link #25
hero147

All I can say or think about is: Wow, I'm utterly speechless. I think my heart skipped a beat, approaching the end of the episode because I was so emotionally drawn into it.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:23   Link #26
Johnny
Working the bags...

Would have liked to seen Jinta turn that situation around and slam Yukiatsu into the wall. Then voice what he was agonizing over earlier that he doesn't think it's fair that he can only see Menma either...

On a lighter note. Since she can interact with physical things why not dump flower or some kind of substance that will give her shape, or would that probably really creep the others out too much...?
Old 2011-06-02, 23:28   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 8:

I'm still a little exhausted by the emotional roller-coaster two hours after I watched the episode, quite frankly. This show is quite an intense experience.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:30   Link #28
deadite

Another tidbit is how it seems that Menma did not cry one bit when the group was in turmoil.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:56   Link #29
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Before this episode I just generally felt the show was decent to good[which caused me to be too lazy to read/comment], but this episode was just phenomenal in the emotional level it pulled with, and the execution of the drama both in the scenes with Menma's mother and brother, and Anjou. And of course the ending of the episode was excellent too, easily a 10/10 for this episode from me .
MAL
Old 2011-06-03, 00:04   Link #30
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Amazing episode. 10/10

The whole episode was slowly breaking down my emotional barrier until the very end with Yukiatsu shedding a couple of tears and the fade away into the ED. My god.

Ano Hana delivered an excellent episode just when I felt they needed to turn it up a notch again. Definitely the better Maria Okada anime this season by a good margin.
Old 2011-06-03, 00:10   Link #31
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I haven't been this emotionally drawn into a show in a very, VERY long while, and this episode just solidified what an amazing job this series is doing. I clutched my damn shirt during Anaru's confession scene, Menma's mother's breakdown was so saddening, and the group turning on Yadomi only to be proven wrong in the last few moments had me turn on the fan just to stuff it in my face to get some air after all that.

God damn.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-06-03, 00:12   Link #32
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I personally didn't shed a tear instead I found it kinda funny. The last scene was the best.
Old 2011-06-03, 00:48   Link #33
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I personally didn't shed a tear instead I found it kinda funny. The last scene was the best.
Oh yeah, a group of friends coming to terms with the guilt they've had for years over the death of their childhood friend, one of them confessing her love for the main character but being equally tormented, and a mother still grieving over the loss of her daughter and her public display of resentment to the group that inadvertently caused it all to the point where she breaks down in front of them IS FUCKING HILARIOUS. Pure comedic gold bro. Totally.

Old 2011-06-03, 00:53   Link #34
mpt37

I've always liked Haruka Tomatsu's voice and she has done a great job throughout the series but her performance during the confession scene was really something. Definitely one of the highlights of the series so far for me.

Nice to see the group finally got some proof that Menma's really there and Jintan hasn't gone mad.
Old 2011-06-03, 01:12   Link #35
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu101uk View Post
Well, that was rather exciting... :3

Spoiler for Episode 8 Thoughts...:

O-O~
I couldn't have said it better myself. Haruka Tomatsu's voice acting was superb.
I really sympathize with Jinta and Mema's little brother so much its scary. Jinta should just put a blanket over Mema or have her draw stuff in front of Peace Busters to prove her existence again. This episode had me close to tears twice...
Old 2011-06-03, 01:25   Link #36
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Oh yeah, a group of friends coming to terms with the guilt they've had for years over the death of their childhood friend, one of them confessing her love for the main character but being equally tormented, and a mother still grieving over the loss of her daughter and her public display of resentment to the group that inadvertently caused it all to the point where she breaks down in front of them IS FUCKING HILARIOUS. Pure comedic gold bro. Totally.

I didn't mean it funny as in comedy. More like funny feeling instead of sad, you know what I mean?
Old 2011-06-03, 01:36   Link #37
Master Chibi

Quote:
I didn't mean it funny as in comedy. More like funny feeling instead of sad, you know what I mean?
No.

Funny = haha I'm laughing.

Sad = Boo hoo I'm crying.

Explain it better.

Old 2011-06-03, 02:00   Link #38
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
It's most likely you call it funny because you have never felt something so emotional before. In that case, you should call it "so emotional I cannot take it!"

Yeah, indeed, it's a very emotional episode this week, especially the end. When I saw Yukiatsu grab Jinta's shirt, I was like thinking "Come on, Jinta! Punch him back, man. Show him that Menma's the real deal! Be more aggressive!"

I hope Menma does more things so as to further prove her existence From the start, I'm always convinced Menma's a ghost and not a hallucination, and all along, she is

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2011-06-03, 02:04   Link #39
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
No.

Funny = haha I'm laughing.

Sad = Boo hoo I'm crying.

Explain it better.
funny feeling as in bad vibes, strange, etc. Something like that. Thats just how I felt after watching the episode. I didn't feel sad but felt weird.
Old 2011-06-03, 02:15   Link #40
Valin

Amazing episode. This anime is quickly rising its way to my top picks of all time.
Closed Thread