Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-20, 08:54   Link #601
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
For those who "don't want Iran to have Nuclear Weapons", I have a serious question; are you willing to invade, militarily occupy, install a puppet leader, and continue to lose your soldiers's lives for the next few generations to ensure another country can't have what America has?
There are many who want to forego that and just turn them into a sheet of glass. Which is, obviously, also not really an option.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:23   Link #602
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There are many who want to forego that and just turn them into a sheet of glass. Which is, obviously, also not really an option.
Not least because as you point out, it would be hypocrisy of the highest calibre. America would become the very definition of a nuclear armed rogue state.
Old 2012-09-20, 10:23   Link #603
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
The bottom line from this poll is that we have an incumbent who can’t get to 50% even in a sample where likely voters approve of his job performance, and where demographic support has significantly eroded from 2008. That’s not good news for Team Obama, and the events of last week will likely push this even lower
Worse news for Team Romney, who is pretty much getting disowned by his own party...fucking Bill Kristol is comparing him to Obama from 2008 for his comments being arrogant and stupid! Even Joe Scarborough is getting at Mitt for his stupidity.

Old 2012-09-20, 10:31   Link #604
Destined_Fate

Guess they would rather save their own reputation than to try and defend the wreck Romney somehow got himself in.
Old 2012-09-20, 10:41   Link #605
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Guess they would rather save their own reputation than to try and defend the wreck Romney somehow got himself in.
Mark McKinnon said something along the lines of the 47% video reveals Romney as a deeply cynical person who only sees the country as two sets of people.

It's kinda sad in a hilarious sort of way.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:54   Link #606
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
“So we can capture women’s votes, we’re having a much harder time with Hispanic voters. And if the Hispanic voting bloc becomes as committed to the Democrats as the African American voting bloc has in the past, why we’re in trouble as a party and, I think, as a nation.” - Mitt Romney
http://www.mamiverse.com/romney-says...-nation-21112/

Discuss.
Old 2012-09-20, 12:16   Link #607
Xacual

Why would that be trouble to the nation? It's just trouble to the GOP themselves who can't convince voters to vote for them.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-09-20, 12:21   Link #608
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends on what definition os "nation" is being used.

Nation as in the United States (a country)

or nation...as in the European white people that identify as Americans (ethnic group)
Old 2012-09-20, 13:12   Link #609
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
“So we can capture women’s votes, we’re having a much harder time with Hispanic voters. And if the Hispanic voting bloc becomes as committed to the Democrats as the African American voting bloc has in the past, why we’re in trouble as a party and, I think, as a nation.” - Mitt Romney
I was nodding my head at what Romney was saying until those last three words. That's subcode white boy talk for "dammit they're coming across the railroad tracks and don't know their place" (speaking as white male here in his Texas accent).

The GOP is doomed if they don't buttkick their racists out of their tent (or for that matter, their Dominionist religious wingnuts a few bolts short of White Christian Supremacists faction).
Old 2012-09-20, 14:06   Link #610
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I was nodding my head at what Romney was saying until those last three words. That's subcode white boy talk for "dammit they're coming across the railroad tracks and don't know their place" (speaking as white male here in his Texas accent).

The GOP is doomed if they don't buttkick their racists out of their tent (or for that matter, their Dominionist religious wingnuts a few bolts short of White Christian Supremacists faction).
I dom't remember you Yanks have any amendments for the right of racism.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-20, 14:38   Link #611
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Right to racism, no. Feeling that its a white man's country...oh there is plenty of that.

The Majority doesn't like feeling like a minority in their own country. And those tha have had power (and show a proud history of having that power) won't give it up as it makes them look bad, or hands power to those they think might abuse it in retribution (or of how some Southerners saw things in Reconstruction...hense why they thought Birth of a Nation was "truth" in 1915)

And the ERA didn't pass, which might tell you something about how they feel about women (though some say it was the women that stopped the ERA due to it making them more equal than they wanted to be...and being equal also ends some "privileges"...like not having to be drafted (something that hasn't been done since before the ERA came up)).
Old 2012-09-20, 17:13   Link #612
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
If Romney lose, it could go either way, their ''extremists''will either lose power or grab it.

Romney energy adviser Hamm exceeded campaign-donation limits
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8KDC2920120913
Quote:
The national energy adviser for Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, Oklahoma oil billionaire Harold Hamm, made political contributions that exceed Federal legal limits by as much as 41 percent, according to data compiled by Reuters
Here one than forgot to split his donation among many''contribitors''

Pawlenty quits Romney campaign to head bank lobby group
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88J0LL20120920
Old 2012-09-20, 17:27   Link #613
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
If Romney lose, it could go either way, their ''extremists''will either lose power or grab it.

Romney energy adviser Hamm exceeded campaign-donation limits
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8KDC2920120913
Here one than forgot to split his donation among many''contribitors''

Pawlenty quits Romney campaign to head bank lobby group
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88J0LL20120920
I'm already seeing political positioning that lends credence to the idea the GOP is going to move even further right in 2016. They're convincing themselves that Romney just wasn't pure enough.
Old 2012-09-20, 17:34   Link #614
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
I'm already seeing political positioning that lends credence to the idea the GOP is going to move even further right in 2016. They're convincing themselves that Romney just wasn't pure enough.
... lets just hope than they lose the little credibility ( and support) they remained before that

It look like some morons were ''inspired'' by Clint Eastwood preformance...
Photos: Symbolic Lynching of "Nobama" at Bull Run Park This Weekend
http://www.bluevirginia.us/diary/766...snZ0Dg.twitter
Republican Lynches Empty Chair in Racist Presidential Effigy in Northwest Austin
http://www.burntorangereport.com/dia...rthwest-austin
Old 2012-09-20, 17:47   Link #615
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
... lets just hope than they lose the little credibility ( and support) they remained before that

Republican Lynches Empty Chair in Racist Presidential Effigy in Northwest Austin
Clint's assessment of his performance:
"If somebody's dumb enough to ask me to go to a political convention and say something, they're gonna have to take what they get," Eastwood said on "Extra" (via The Washington Post).
Old 2012-09-20, 17:48   Link #616
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

^ Some didn't get the message.
Old 2012-09-20, 18:06   Link #617
Destined_Fate

Sometimes I wonder why such hateful people are allowed to live on to do bad things while good people are killed off everyday before their time.
Old 2012-09-20, 18:17   Link #618
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
You don't have a problem with that?
the liberal media-driven drama of the past few days will subside... just like with 0bama's "You didn't build that" speech, and he managed to deeply offend as much as the "47%" video leaked by a failed president's grandson.

oh btw
the thing is, in 0bama's "You didn't build that" speech, in context it was even WORSE!
that's why it really stuck cause he just went on for several minutes digging a hole deeper and deeper and deeper... and he was passionate about it(!!!), not like when he's reading off the teleprompter.
you can tell when he's really talking about something he believes in because otherwise he stumbles and hesitates and stutters
Old 2012-09-20, 18:18   Link #619
Xacual

Quote:

I was surprised by these so I ran around looking up news sites and other places that had the articles mentioned. I'm shocked to find there are actually some places with people agreeing with the guy. Well not really shocked but it's seriously a reprehensible thing to do and how he treated the news people who came by showed he meant it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
the liberal media-driven drama of the past few days will subside... just like with 0bama's "You didn't build that" speech, and he managed to deeply offend as much as the "47%" video leaked by a failed president's grandson.

oh btw
the thing is, in 0bama's "You didn't build that" speech, in context it was even WORSE!
that's why it really stuck cause he just went on for several minutes digging a hole deeper and deeper and deeper... and he was passionate about it(!!!), not like when he's reading off the teleprompter.
you can tell when he's really talking about something he believes in because otherwise he stumbles and hesitates and stutters
I know you're just trolling as usual but Obama was correct that a lot of people don't take note of all the things that government infrastructure takes care of and what it provides. Most people except the ones that only listen to sensationalistic news sources understood it too. There was no backlash over that comment despite what you are trying to say.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-09-20, 19:03   Link #620
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its called "self-delusional bubble" ... it requires a particularly broken command of grammar to read the transcript and get that confused about the meaning.

Here's a five year old translation: I haz a lemonade stand. I make money off of it. I is self-made.... except that
1) its by a public road built with community support.
2) my dad helped me build the stand (government aid for small business)
3) the lemonade came from a food distribution system made possible by those public roads, those safety inspections, and my mom bought it.
4) I don't get beat up and my money taken by local warlords (thugs/bullies) because we pay for enforcement, courts, etc.

But yeah, I did it all by myself! o.O