AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-01, 02:59   Link #261
Renchan

February again?
Heiya..... how about the story? is it same with the Novel?
Old 2007-08-01, 03:23   Link #262
Echoes

Not sure about the contents of the movie, but I know it's being directed by Hideo Nakata. That's the man behind the Japanese Ring movies and Darkwater, among others, so I think it will be something to look forward to.
Old 2007-08-13, 08:25   Link #263
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
both movies are great
but there is a part i dont get it
at the ending of last name, after the talk of L and Light's father, did L suddenly fall unconsious ? or what happened to him ?

Spoiler for :
Old 2007-08-14, 00:48   Link #264
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

More news regarding the upcoming L movie!! ^_^

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20...007081004.html

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-08-13/death-note's-l-film's-heroine-4-nation-debut-revealed

Seems like they are getting a new character - a little mysterious girl - battling her wits out against L sama...

Sigh...Envy those who are living in Japan, Taiwan n HK since, they can get to see movie on the official opening day itself 9Feb08. Wonder how long must I wait to see it...

Anyway, wonder anyone has any opinion regarding the new char. in the show? =)
Old 2007-08-15, 01:55   Link #265
Echoes

She seems a bit young, even for a prodigy. It'll be something ala Near, I suppose, and I never much cared for him. But my mind might turn once I see the movie.
Old 2007-08-18, 01:26   Link #266
Renchan

So... L Movie is different than novel, eh... well, no pro!
We'll see another L's case~
Old 2007-09-15, 17:35   Link #267
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
I just fisnished watching the second movie and I must say it was AWESOME.
Considering other live-action movies that been adapted from animes (or mangas) this had not only been a pleasant surprise but DN Movies can also probably be an enjoyable expirance for people who arent into anime.
Old 2007-09-17, 21:37   Link #268
DarknessFaLLs
Eliminate! Eliminate!
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to DarknessFaLLs Send a message via Yahoo to DarknessFaLLs
my favorite opening them watch.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g6NoKlGJEk
Old 2007-09-19, 07:31   Link #269
QueenNori

Yes, yes, yes!
Quote:
Death Note AND Death Note: The Last Name Based On Popular Anime And Manga Series That Have Taken Japan And North America By Storm

San Francisco, CA, September 18, 2007 – VIZ Pictures, an affiliate of Viz Media LLC that focuses on Japanese live-action film distribution, has announced that it has licensed from Nippon Television (NTV) the North American theatrical and DVD distribution rights to the live-action feature film Death Note and its sequel, Death Note: The Last Name, based on the Death Note anime and manga series which have gained massive followings in Japan and North America. Viz Media is the exclusive North American publisher and distributor of the Death Note anime and manga series.

VIZ Pictures will open Death Note and Death Note: The Last Name in a series of special screenings at Austin's Fantastic Fest 2007, September 20-27, and at the 2007 Vancouver Asian Film Festival, November 1-4. Theater information follows at the end of this release and future screenings will continue throughout 2008. VIZ Pictures also plans to release Death Note and Death Note: The Last Name on DVD in the summer of 2008.

“We are extremely proud to announce the license of Death Note and Death Note: The Last Name,” says Seiji Horibuchi President and CEO of VIZ Pictures. “Both films were smash hits in Japan upon their initial release and the established popularity of the manga in the United States, combined with the highly anticipated debut of the anime series, will prime audiences for the excitement and tension that the live feature films bring to the story.”

Death Note is based on the hit supernatural action mystery manga written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata. The live-action film, directed by Shusuke Kaneko, known as a director of popular monster film “Gamera” series, was released in 2006 and mirrors the manga's story of Light Yagami, an ace student with great prospects who is bored out of his mind. All of that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god named Ryuk. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals mysteriously begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to investigate, and he is soon hot on the trail of Light, who must now reevaluate his one noble goal. Both Light and L believe themselves to be on the side of justice, and the two match wits trying to show exactly which of them is "good" and which of them is "evil."

The film's sequel, Death Note: The Last Name, was a hit in Japan, staying #1 for four straight weeks. While it closely followed major plot elements from the original manga series, several new key story differences were also introduced. Both films star Takeshi Kaga, who is widely known by North American audiences as the flamboyant host of TV's Iron Chef.

Death Note and Death Note: The Last Name will screen at:
Sept. 20-27: Austin, TX, Fantastic Fest 2007
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
1120 South Lamar, Austin, TX
For show times and tickets, go to http://www.fantasticfest.com

*Death Note will screen at:
Nov. 1-4: Vancouver, BC, Vancouver Asian Film Festival
For show times and tickets, go to http://www.vaff.org/
*Note this will only be a screening of Death Note

About VIZ Pictures, Inc.
Based in San Francisco, CA, VIZ Pictures, Inc. distributes Japanese live-action films and DVDs, with particular focus on Japanese "kawaii (cute) and cool" pop culture. VIZ Pictures approaches each film release from a J-pop fan's point of view. HULA GIRLS is the fifth VIZ Pictures title following Train Man: Densha Otoko, LINDA LINDA LINDA, THE TASTE OF TEA, and Ping Pong. The company will continue to offer the most entertaining live action motion pictures straight from the "Kingdom of Pop" for audiences of all ages in North America. VIZ Pictures, Inc. is an affiliate of Viz Media, LLC, the San Francisco-based leading U.S. publisher of Japanese manga (comics) and merchandise licensor of Japanese animation such as the popular "Naruto" animated TV series.
© 2006 VIZ Pictures, Inc

About Viz Media, LLC
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Viz Media, LLC (Viz Media), is one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the field of manga publishing, animation and entertainment licensing of Japanese content. Owned by three of Japan's largest creators and licensors of manga and animation, Shueisha Inc., Shogakukan, Inc., and Shogakukan Production Co., Ltd. (ShoPro Japan), Viz Media is a leader in the publishing and distribution of Japanese manga for English speaking audiences in North America and a global licensor of Japanese manga and animation. The company offers an integrated product line including, magazines such as Shonen Jump and Shojo Beat, graphic novels, videos, DVDs, audio soundtracks and develops and markets animated entertainment from initial production, television placement and distribution, to merchandise licensing and promotions for audiences and consumers of all ages. Contact Viz Media at 295 Bay Street, San Francisco, CA 94133; Phone (415) 546-7073; Fax (415) 546-7086; and web site at www.VIZ.com.
Old 2007-10-12, 13:12   Link #270
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

More updates regarding the upcoming L-Movie....

They have named it as... " L change the World" - weird name though... :X

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/L-movie/
Old 2007-10-13, 06:11   Link #271
Shiori Zuhon

Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
Is the L movie coming out on Feb 2? Awesome . I love L.
Ken'ichi Matsuyama rocks!!! I can't wait for the movie.
Old 2007-12-01, 05:30   Link #272
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Update on "L change the World"

Theme song for the L spinoff is revealed.....

"I'll Be Waiting," a new single from American rock artist Lenny Kravitz, will be the theme song for the Death Note spinoff film - L change the WorLd.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...39;s-l-spinoff

Youtube for the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZMaOD9bLXE

Old 2007-12-03, 08:49   Link #273
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
It was pretty good. It's a bit weird that they made Tadaka that buisness guy though xD
Old 2007-12-04, 08:24   Link #274
Kiyoru

I didn't really like the movies. I mean, they were okay, but the anime beats it hands down!
Old 2007-12-23, 03:08   Link #275
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Full length of "L change the world" movie trailer out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BHNOgfW00A

Seems like..the plot is evolving around his last 23 days - prequel to DN2 - The Last Name...

Looks quite confusing to me though...guess that i will have to wait and see...
Old 2008-01-14, 10:47   Link #276
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/L-movie/

Looks like Taiwan will have the privilege of seeing the movie on the same day as Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
Full length of "L change the world" movie trailer out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BHNOgfW00A

Seems like..the plot is evolving around his last 23 days - prequel to DN2 - The Last Name...

Looks quite confusing to me though...guess that i will have to wait and see...
Spoiler for Absolute Spoiler for Movie 2:
Old 2008-01-14, 23:53   Link #277
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Spoiler for Absolute Spoiler for Movie 2:
[/QUOTE]

Nah, it still acts a bit like the prequel because:

Spoiler:

Guess that we have to wait for less than a month to see what the movie will be truly be...

I m juz glad that the Chinese name chosen for this movie is not literally translated from the title...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-23, 11:31   Link #278
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

I love the Live Action !!!! Everything goes smoothly and able to enthrall the audience till the end Especially I prefer LA's ending to manga's ending!!!
It goes like this:

Spoiler:

Btw, regarding the 3rd movie (L - Change the World - The Last 23 days) , I'm sure it won't be in New York theaters Does anyone know where to download or watch it online????? (If we're not allowed to share links here, please PM me!!!!)
Old 2008-04-08, 06:54   Link #279
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I just watched this movie...some thoughts:

Spoiler for Thoughts with some spoilers:

Overall...4/10. I don't really recommend this movie unless you are a die hard L fan
Old 2008-04-20, 02:20   Link #280
shomai
Doujinshi arteeeest :D

Third Movie?

Oh yeah? There's a third movie?

I just watched both DN 1 and 2 in DVD today...I gotta say it rocks