AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 58 29.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 30.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-22, 23:33   Link #261
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
It wouldn't have been so bad if it just didn't look so weird. They should've just kept it simple instead of overdoing it.
I forgot how long she kissed him but it took more than 5 seconds. Is that overdoing it?
Old 2007-06-23, 00:18   Link #262
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I don't know what do you mean by overdoing, but this kiss scene is very important for the story. This is where emotional stake between principal players in the story got higher and with more challenges ahead, it will tested again and again, their determination to meet again safely.

I think it is very tender and intimate, considering that they will go on their own ways for now. Somehow it is appropriate considering the stakes here wagered by Raki and Claire respectively.
Old 2007-06-23, 00:46   Link #263
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

That kiss was so painful to watch, in the manga I imagined it happening very quickly. Something Clare did just to get Raki on the move.
This was a kiss of passion, Clare kissed Raki like she wanted to do that since they first met. >_<
The expression on her face was so out of character.
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
Old 2007-06-23, 01:14   Link #264
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Hero View Post
That kiss was so painful to watch, in the manga I imagined it happening very quickly. Something Clare did just to get Raki on the move.
This was a kiss of passion, Clare kissed Raki like she wanted to do that since they first met. >_<
The expression on her face was so out of character.
Ok now you're creeping me out. Clare looks to Raki like Teresa did to Clare. Raki reminds Clare of herself during the Teresa arc, that;s why she took the brat...I mean, him in.
Looks like the kiss issue has been discussed more than the crazy Ophelia part of the episode.
Old 2007-06-23, 01:18   Link #265
stormy001_M1A2

Ophelia characterization was awesome but somewhat overshadowed by adverse reaction of fans about the kiss. I wonder why.
Old 2007-06-23, 01:18   Link #266
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Wow! Great episode! This series gets better each week! I love how Oph. greets Clare by poking a hole in her chest then cutting off her legs. Haha. It was the best greeting of all time!

As for who the warrior will be I'm betting it's the elf looking chick who survived the time when Priscilla went AO. This is just a guess though so don't flame me if I'm right.

Next week will be another great episode! I can't wait!!
Old 2007-06-23, 02:04   Link #267
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Ophelia characterization was awesome but somewhat overshadowed by adverse reaction of fans about the kiss. I wonder why.
Because a # of people including myself, look at Clare in a pristine way. She has been elevated to a combination of big sister, parent and hot chick next door. We want her to just kick Aw Being butt for the rest of the series but kind of don't want her to soil herself by allowing herself to mingle with the least common denominator---Raki.

She's THE Claymore. Why go down a couple of notches to...Raki.
Old 2007-06-23, 02:07   Link #268
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Its because of Raki that she is finding her human side. He's turning her into something more than a monster hell bent on revenge.
Old 2007-06-23, 03:09   Link #269
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

And you think that is a good thing? Not everybody reading this thread feels the same way.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-23, 04:34   Link #270
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
And you think that is a good thing? Not everybody reading this thread feels the same way.
Well as much as I loathe Raki, he was very necessary. He brought Claire back when she awoke in the church.

Also, a heartfelt goodbye or a hug are nice but do not feel like a promise you remind yourself of everyday for years.

A kiss like that does.

No matter how much time passes, Raki will never once think that Claire has forgotten him.

When they meet again I hope Raki will be man enough (or at least old enough) to cash that check in
Old 2007-06-23, 06:05   Link #271
stormy001_M1A2

Sigh, I wonder why everybody hated Raki, He is essential in bringing back the human quality in Claire. And he has substance to be somebody in future, just need time.

If Claymore is all about revenge, then it is a shallow anime. It is presence of very human relationship in half breed of Claire that makes it a notch above everything else.
Old 2007-06-23, 06:18   Link #272
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Quote:
Sigh, I wonder why everybody hated Raki, He is essential in bringing back the human quality in Claire. And he has substance to be somebody in future, just need time.

If Claymore is all about revenge, then it is a shallow anime. It is presence of very human relationship in half breed of Claire that makes it a notch above everything else.
oh no, Raki has a very important place in the anime and has a lot of potential. (perhaps he will be like guts? a human that can take on yoma?)

The reason I hate him is because he is a excessively whiney emo bitch. He is far more feminine then Claire and that bothers me.
Old 2007-06-23, 06:52   Link #273
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Well, when Clare was young, she was the same thing as Raki.

Maybe Raki reminds her about the time when she was with Teresa. Hence the kiss...I mean, Teresa was a very nice person to those, who were also, nice to her. Clare was the only one that acepted Teresa. They were at least, romantically involved. Which doesnīt mean Teresa was sexing up Clare, remember that.

Clare cares for raki because it reminds her of her oneself. Itīs a twisted narcissism love?
Old 2007-06-23, 06:53   Link #274
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Sigh, I wonder why everybody hated Raki,
because he is the "weak clingly good for nothing and always causing trouble for someone better than him" type ~ but from what i can see they way he stood up to Ophelia i am seeing a nice spine growing on that boy...i hope that he wont disappoint me in the future

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-23, 06:56   Link #275
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I don't despise Raki, and it's not the kiss, but the look on her face afterward that jarrs me. I want Clare to show her human side, but not her Shota side... Raki is her little brother substitute, not the "boy-toy" of Helen's imagining.

I think most of us who are expressing dismay/displeasure/disgust/disarray at the kiss scene, are talking about the look on Clare's face after, rather than the kiss itself. It's all the manga's fault!
Old 2007-06-23, 07:02   Link #276
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Well, this happens in an European scenario. I am pretty sure itīs normal for a grown woman to kiss a youth in that way. Helen might be annonying, but she isnīt a liar. Nothing forbids them in having some fun you know.
Old 2007-06-23, 07:20   Link #277
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*initiate defensive mode in favor of : Raki* To those who agree or disagree - yay.

Wasn't everyone emo when they were fourteen? Granted I doubt there's someone who had their parents and later, their brother killed by Youma? Although I can imagine that many of use would take up arms and go a-hunting. Raki's traveling with someone who risks her life everytime she engages in a fight with them? I'd be clingy as hell too, if not a bit emo.

As for Raki being feminine...like he's got a choice...Clare gets the food, spare clothes, goes to work, and provides protection for him. What other 'man' stuff is Raki suppose to do here, eh? And don't say 'be less whiney' or 'less emo' - everyone get's emo. At least Raki has a right to be emo - they don't exactly have on the spot Child Care Services in Claymore.

Clare knows this because she felt that way too about Teresa. She doesn't want to disappoint the only person who she feels actually cares about her and he's proven it - running right up to her while she was Awakening and asking Galk to behead her. Being a whiney emo b**** would have been Raki just falling to the ground, crying Clare's name over and over while Galk did his thing back in ep 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Well, this happens in an European scenario. I am pretty sure itīs normal for a grown woman to kiss a youth in that way. Helen might be annonying, but she isnīt a liar. Nothing forbids them in having some fun you know.
Granted if they could find someone to have fun with...that would be the trick, no?

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-06-23 at 13:07. Reason: do not double post
Old 2007-06-23, 07:58   Link #278
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I didn't have much against Raki priori to this epiosde, he was just your average clueless anime male character. But now I am more inclined to see him as a suicidal moron, his combat "taunts" were embarrasingly dumb considering his lack of fighting skills and him swearing to protect Claire was absolutely hilarious stuff.

As for the rest of the episode, I hate it when the winner in the fight doesn't bother to finish his/her opponent and gets killed as a result, and sure enough I did not like the outcome of Ophelia's battle.

Quote:
Honestly, Emi Shinohara did a decent voice role for Ophelia, but I guess with wacko-psycho characters of Ophelia's character one aspires for someone greater to fill in the position and trust me that no one could have ever exceeded the role like none other than Tanaka Rie.
Exactly.

Old 2007-06-23, 08:49   Link #279
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Granted if they could find someone to have fun with...that would be the trick, no?

The law is simple.

A Claymore is forbidden to kill a human "under any circustance whatsoever"

It only means kill. Claymores can do whatever they want to humans except killing them. Only a monster can kill a monster in Claymore. Oh! You people have no idea what some Claymores do with their free time..cough..cough Helen...cough.

Besides, if they want pleasure I am sure there a places where they can get it.

Now when a Claymore gets someone that wants to follow them and actually is concerned for their well being...Some claymores get in really nasty catfights to get a person like that. Even if his just for one night.

Of course I am just speculating.

Seriously people! If she likes younger boys let her have her way. If both parties consent and know exactly what they are doing. Grandma knows best of this things than I do.
Old 2007-06-23, 08:50   Link #280
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
As for the rest of the episode, I hate it when the winner in the fight doesn't bother to finish his/her opponent and gets killed as a result, and sure enough I did not like the outcome of Ophelia's battle.

The AO broke O's neck! But I agree.. she is a Claymore and the AO should have known better. It did lead to a funny line though, "Why did this happen? I dont understand *sigh*"
Closed Thread