AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 41 33.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-08, 11:58   Link #121
wynaut
Photoshopper

ryujii's feeling for minorin is very strong.. but i wonder if there would be really a twist if it's ami or minorin - or perhaps taiga?
Old 2009-02-08, 13:24   Link #122
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Unfortunately, I somehow found myself shipping in this show. That is very bad, because 80% of the time it ruins my enjoyment of it if the couple I want doesn't happen. I will exorcise my demon!
Old 2009-02-08, 15:03   Link #123
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I watched episodes 1~18 today, and after all that I feel like Ryuuji's best interest lies with Ami indeed.Not because she's the prettiest girl, but because Taiga and Minori have been just his really good friends.Looks like things are going to change from the next episode on,however...wonder if I'm bad if I still root for Ami
P.S: if I am to make a prediction, I'd say Ryuuji will do his hair like his father's in episode 1 and become the ladies man he's meant to be.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-02-08 at 15:14.
Old 2009-02-08, 16:18   Link #124
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
I watched episodes 1~18 today, and after all that I feel like Ryuuji's best interest lies with Ami indeed.Not because she's the prettiest girl, but because Taiga and Minori have been just his really good friends.
Er... I don't know about the rest of the world, but all of my relationships started out as very good friends. I dunno, that seemed to work out considering they all lasted a pretty good time span.

On this episode -- it was a very nice setup. Not as interesting as the last episode, but I'm curious to see how this all plays out. Ami's gonna regret preaching to the choir instead of practicing beforehand, I bet.

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Old 2009-02-08, 16:22   Link #125
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's not like she's not trying, she's actually the only one to be teasing Ryuuji and tried to get serious twice (despite failing and all:P). About the last episode, I kinda expected Minori to enter the gym and have fun with the others, I didn't see the baseball coming...and I bet nobody else did xD
Old 2009-02-08, 17:44   Link #126
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
It's not like she's not trying, she's actually the only one to be teasing Ryuuji and tried to get serious twice (despite failing and all:P). About the last episode, I kinda expected Minori to enter the gym and have fun with the others, I didn't see the baseball coming...and I bet nobody else did xD
Just because she's the only one showing her affection doesn't mean she's the only one to like him in a romantic way either.
Old 2009-02-08, 17:57   Link #127
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

Well , it was good .
+1 for Ami because she's mature and understand very well the situation .
Like she said it will hurt even more for Ryuji if he keeps like that with Taiga , he should focus on his own path too . And give Ami another chance ? (i'm not Ami's fan but i like her ^^)

Taiga really like Christmas , she's very gentle now .

Minorin is stuborn but the Minorin x Takasu moment was good . Hope she will be in the party .
Takasu sure like her , he'll wait her , but care too much about Taiga like a father yeah .
When he said he want to be with Minorin , Minorin should have understand he like her maybe .
Well , If she comes we'll have a good Minorin x Ryuji and finally they will be together a good ending ! With Taiga x Kitamura ?

Or else , She didn't come and Ami will go with Ryuji , so Ryuji will realize how much Ami is great and will fall in love with her also Ami x Ryuji ending ! With Taiga x Kitamura ?

But for me , if it will be a Taiga x Ryuji ending , i will not be glad because Taiga's love is very strong toward Kitamura and it will be wrong since the beginning of the show . Finally , if it will be Taiga x Ryuji it will be like that , and no one can't change it . (maybe oav )

Need more character's developement for Minorin and Ami . (the orange haired girl too ?)

ah forgot , it seems in next episode Ryuji will have a Yakuza's haircut

Last edited by -Sho-; 2009-02-08 at 18:09.
Old 2009-02-08, 18:24   Link #128
Jaden

It seems like Ryuji is staying true to his character til the end, continuing to take care of Taiga and pursuing Minori, that seems right to me...but that kind of conflicts with the necessity of a honey-sweet romantic ending. Very nice suspense, it could still go anywhere from here...

...Also, I laughed harder than I should have at the mood-breaker homerun. I will forever remember Toradora for the supposedly dramatic events that crack me up because of their absurdity.
Old 2009-02-08, 20:03   Link #129
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynaut View Post
ryujii's feeling for minorin is very strong.. but i wonder if there would be really a twist if it's ami or minorin - or perhaps taiga?
Sometimes I wonder if we're reading the romance a bit too strongly. I think the impetus for action and involvement is that romantic interest, but there's more to it than that. Playing house wasn't just about being married to Minorin, it was about their overall relationship with the three of them (or perhaps Ami was hinting at even more?)

I actually don't think Ryuuji is that enamored with Minorin. He has that crush-like quality of a high school boy, and I think he'll realize some things about his relationship with the others (especially Taiga) soon that'll change how he perceives those around him.

When Minori kept calling out his name, Ryuuji played the part of someone I'd expect to be the supportive friend, someone who could be there for them in a time of need. Of course, it's a plus for him that it's the girl he likes, but there was something about that scene that made me wonder just how compatible he is with Minori.

In this sense, I still think that Ami would make the best match for Ryuuji (even if she isn't my type :P). But I think his personality makes him simple, and he's not attracted to a girl such as her.

As somesone said earlier, Ryuuji and Ami live in different worlds (thus being a reason for their differing perspectives), and, while Ami likes Ryuuji for that reason, Ryuuji can't see Ami for that very reason.
Old 2009-02-08, 21:26   Link #130
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I get the sense that Ami (through some sense of fair play as she sees it) is giving Rjuuji a little more time to get off the pot and make a bold play for Minorin and if he doesn't - all bets are off.
Old 2009-02-08, 21:56   Link #131
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ami! Just go for it! >.> It was really nice that we actually got to hear Ami ask Ryuuji for a chance too.

Anyhow, if I got this right, Minori is troubled because she likes Ryuuji but knows/thinks that Ryuuji in truth likes Taiga?

I think the relationship between Ryuuji and Taiga is well described by Ami, like parent and child. I hope, it doesn't become anything more than that, as I rather see Ami with Ryuuji ^^;
Old 2009-02-08, 22:01   Link #132
Justin Kim
*Artist

Ryuuji is a very inquisitive thinker, he's able to realize when something's wrong with all of his friends, and usually goes out of his way to aid them or fix the problem. He isn't thick-headed, he just didn't hear what Ami said. Besides im pretty sure Ami already speculated Ryuuji's feelings towards her. (somewhat O_O).
Old 2009-02-08, 22:08   Link #133
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Umm, I'm not sure if you were replying to my post, Justin Kim, but I never said anything about Ryuuji being thick headed. As for Ami knowing Ryuuji's feelings for herself, well, think of Taiga and Kitamura... Kitamura rejected Taiga, but Taiga still aims for Kitamura. Ami can just go for Ryuuji too, and who knows what might happen between them? ^^ hehe, though I'm keeing my hopes up, we all know its very unlikely that would happen... but then again, we never know.
Old 2009-02-08, 22:10   Link #134
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Most of us are in binary opposition with regard to Ami because most of us are unsure how she would act if Ryuuji would finally return her advances. Would she simply drop him, because she achieved her goal (Rubik's complex and all, like me), or would she become an even better person because of him?

I doubt we'll ever know this; that's why there are a lot of people in disagreement.
Old 2009-02-08, 22:25   Link #135
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
i think ami will still go after Ryuuji and thats because she knows that minorin

is acting really weird and she thought that would be the perfect chance but to drop him theres a possibilty ......

but she was going to confess and i don't think thats the way that someone would take to drop some one after that becasue would she do if he was the first and refused her

and on the other side Ryuuji is in dilemma...... he still loves minorin but he had new feelings within something else he doesn't know about

we have to wait and see

Old 2009-02-08, 23:17   Link #136
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ i wish i had the patience to color code my responses.. haha

but yeah, i would assume the large majority of viewers on AS would like to see Ami take another stab at Ryuuji. just look at her character thread compared with everyone else.
Old 2009-02-08, 23:33   Link #137
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Where's the club? I'm so in. heh.

He didn't hear her say that since she mumbled it.

And of course there will be a wreck, there always is regardless of the genre - its the climax of the story after all.
It's all thanks to the good ol' Freytag Pyramid.

You start at the bottom with Act I as the Exposition, then you rise with Act II as the plot continues to develop (rising action), and then you reach the top with Act III, where the climax occurs. Afterwards, things start to crash and fall apart, which signifies Act IV (the falling action) until you reach Act V, which is the denouement or conclusion, which can end in either tragedy or positive resolution.

I haven't read the novels, but the climax seems to be occurring either right now or soon. I'm sure if there's an event in the novels that signifies the climax, but in a way you could call episode 16 somewhat of a climax for the relationships within the series.
Old 2009-02-09, 01:51   Link #138
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The climax will be at the party, that's for sure.Since the show's called Toradora, I expect them all to somehow cheer up and stay true to their friendship.
Old 2009-02-09, 02:23   Link #139
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Ami is a third wheel.

Or fifth wheel at this point.

Yeah I said it.

Still love this show, and everyone in it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-02-09, 03:07   Link #140
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

MasterChibi:

She's just the fourth wheel!
Closed Thread