AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 07:38   Link #81
ivalex

sugar rush!!! LOL, will keep track of this anime, so far so good for me ^^,
Old 2010-07-05, 08:25   Link #82
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
As outsiders, we have to merely accept that about 50,000-100,000 very very strange people in Japan watch this show.
What, we can't be very very strange people too?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 09:33   Link #83
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It's like Sora no Otoshimono all over again!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:00   Link #84
Wrath88
Kissing...

I'm just accepting the things as they go... but it might not be very good if I didn't care that I missed a bit while multi-tasking. Still, I'll stick through with this.

In a way, I do feel that the episode ended at a good point.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:28   Link #85
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Quote:
As outsiders, we have to merely accept that about 50,000-100,000 very very strange people in Japan watch this show.
He even started his statement with "I read eroge habitually", too.

Anyway, I'll never understand the "I watch anime randomly simply because it's anime and then get annoyed that it isn't to my liking" crowd, and I guess I agree with Cosign's overall point. I personally spend day after day managing some very complicated business processes and politics, and like to think that I "actually have a brain". But at the end of a long day, I sure could use some upbeat sugary cuteness in order to help me relax and unwind. I guess other people go out drinking, head to clubs, get involved in sports (watching or playing), play violent video games, or whatever else they do... but pretty much everyone has something. There's certainly a place for deep, challenging, creative anime productions that push the boundaries of the medium. But I think that, at least for some people, there's a place for something like this too. And nobody really needs self-righteous bigots with inflated egos to tell them that the only plausible explanation for their enjoyment of a hobby is that they have something wrong in the head. It's just entertainment, and life's too short. Just live and let live.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled sugary-sweet RPG-parody romantic-comedy overload.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:31   Link #86
Midonin
Last Engage

I've been working for years to earn my "eccentric anime nerd" credentials, and it's going to take a force of nature for anyone to take that away from me.
Old 2010-07-05, 18:33   Link #87
Aaerul

Quote:
I am probably certain that you are very strange also, I do not doubt that. I am not taking your "eccentric anime nerd" away by saying that Japanese Otaku are very strange. I am merely making a distinction between us and them.

Download an episode of Astro Fighter Sunred. http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1340.html
You will notice that a lot of the jokes they make aren't really funny and yet the Japanese Otaku love this stuff. That is our difference and that is ALL I am saying. When what we see happen to overlap with our good senses, we get an enjoyable show. When they do not overlap, we get an Astro Fighter Sunred. Shukufuku no Campanella happens to be that show for you as it is for me. Do note that the logic goes on its head when we start talking about Dead Space the Anime.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 18:37   Link #88
Midonin
Last Engage

I enjoyed Sunred. Though that may just push me farther into "eccentric" territory (which, honestly, is what I'm hoping for.)

Plus, "us and them"? Terminology like that creates a mental image that's brewing beneath this board, and probably the western anime fandom in general, that causes more problem than it solves, not to mention humor is an incredibly subjective thing.
Old 2010-07-05, 20:09   Link #89
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
You will notice that a lot of the jokes they make aren't really funny and yet the Japanese Otaku love this stuff. That is our difference and that is ALL I am saying. When what we see happen to overlap with our good senses, we get an enjoyable show. When they do not overlap, we get an Astro Fighter Sunred.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt for a second and assume that you're just really really bad at being diplomatic. "Our difference" is what? That we like funny jokes? "Our good senses" are what make a show enjoyable? Really? Surely you didn't mean all this the way it sounds.

Obviously, when the show you watch overlaps with your own personal biases and preferences, you'll find something that you'll enjoy. That's like saying "people generally like to eat foods they like" -- well yeah, obviously. But the whole point is that "taste" is personal. There's no reason why anyone in the English-speaking world couldn't enjoy an Astro Fighter Sunred, or a Shukufuku no Campanella, or whatever the show is. You may be "culturally biased" but you're not "culturally forced". You like what you like, and you don't need to justify it to anyone. That's why it's personal taste. Not to mention that it seems to me the whole point of watching something "foreign" like anime is to try to broaden our palate and become more open-minded. It isn't "Japan's responsibility" to make anime that appeals to "our good senses", and if we're going to go into "their" turf and download "their" shows, it seems to me that the least we could do is be polite.

Anyway, let's drop this topic and get back to the show. We probably have more seriousness in the past few posts than we'll ever get in the show itself.
Old 2010-07-05, 20:51   Link #90
ZeKeR
Superbad

guys...

maybe it may become like this....

what we first see right now is just the very VERY sweet icing of the cake. once we continue to eat THEN we have to comment about the taste, not commenting BEFORE the icing. wait until its finished down to the plate.
Old 2010-07-05, 20:52   Link #91
ivalex

uhm i have a question, in the visual novel, im just curious, was there some events regarding the mom and his son? =)) it IS an eroge right? there should be some reason why the character design of the mom is like that LOL
Old 2010-07-05, 21:25   Link #92
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivalex View Post
uhm i have a question, in the visual novel, im just curious, was there some events regarding the mom and his son? =)) it IS an eroge right? there should be some reason why the character design of the mom is like that LOL
If you ever saw Happiness!, the previous Windmill game to receive an anime adaptation, you may recognize that this is something of a little trend in some of their games. If you want to guess (without cheating or spoiling!), the game has 4 main heroines and 3 sub-heroines...

I guess there is no thread for the game yet, so if there does end up being some things people want to discuss about that, we could create one.
Old 2010-07-05, 21:47   Link #93
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
...not to mention humor is an incredibly subjective thing.
I'll echo this because I found the humor and stuff in this more to my liking than what I found in Seitokai Yakuindomo (which I was left wondering: what the heck was the point?). Anyway, more sugary-sweetness for me!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 22:14   Link #94
ivalex

oic, if its like happiness! i would definitely love this anime
Old 2010-07-05, 23:41   Link #95
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'll echo this because I found the humor and stuff in this more to my liking than what I found in Seitokai Yakuindomo (which I was left wondering: what the heck was the point?). Anyway, more sugary-sweetness for me!
I liked the first episodes of both anime, although I found Seitokai Yakuindomo funnier. I liked this show more for its sweetness and tremendous good-nature. Humor is indeed incredibly subjective. We all have different reactions. Which is a good thing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-07-06 at 00:12.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 03:53   Link #96
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmmm.... this season's Mayoi Neko Overrun? Certainly wouldn't mind that. Episode 1, while uneventful, was enjoyable nontheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
From the females on their own, i found myself rather fond of Carina - while the rest fall inside more ready archetypes, it has been a while since i have encountered what is technically an ojousama, but doesn't really act like we are used to see them act, and wears her heart on a sleeve ...
On the other hand, if you look at her as an osananajimi, she actually shares a lot in common with the 'helpful' ones of that archetype. Yeah, right down to wanting to be the one to wake the hero up... lol

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 04:13   Link #97
Aaerul

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You may be "culturally biased" but you're not "culturally forced". You like what you like, and you don't need to justify it to anyone. That's why it's personal taste.....It isn't "Japan's responsibility" to make anime that appeals to "our good senses", and if we're going to go into "their" turf and download "their" shows, it seems to me that the least we could do is be polite.:
Okay. I don't disagree with anything you said. Yes you got me. I shouldn't have made those sweeping statements about Astro Fighter Sunred. But why the snarkiness?

I was trying to say that we can't enjoy a show in the exact same way a person who grew up in Japan can. Astro Fighter Sunred makes many references to the lifestyle of those living in Tokyo, specifically one area of it. The show was designed to be a commentary on the locals and so it appeals to people living in the area. But as a result, most of that joke is lost on us.

And then the last 3/4 what you wrote I pretty much agree with every word. I feel like you took me out of context. Of course a person living outside of Japan can still enjoy these shows... but in their own way.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:42   Link #98
hoaRy

The catchy CMs made me give this show a try and wow, I totally loved the first episode. The slice of life-feeling was fantastic and the comedy fit well, too.

Few days later I look in this thread and find out it was an Eroge adaption , I had bet it was a non-H Visual Novel for a console.. well I instantly headed for HCG I hope the RPG parts won't disturb my enjoyment, but when it should continue comedic like this, it will satisfy me :3
hoaRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:03   Link #99
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaRy View Post
The catchy CMs made me give this show a try and wow, I totally loved the first episode. The slice of life-feeling was fantastic and the comedy fit well, too.

Few days later I look in this thread and find out it was an Eroge adaption , I had bet it was a non-H Visual Novel for a console.. well I instantly headed for HCG I hope the RPG parts won't disturb my enjoyment, but when it should continue comedic like this, it will satisfy me :3
it is an eroge, made by windmill, although i think there was a psp port, it's strictly a vn has some "rpg" elements but they really are just like dailogue trees, instead you choose which quest to do, and the quests help raise flags for certain clears.

anyway love selsa and ritosu, and of course agnes chan. Overall the first episode is pretty much the prologue from the game and it's pretty well done. Still it seems that their gonna do amalgamation of all the story lines so hears to hoping they include nina's? one can wish.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:31   Link #100
scr
my sides are in orbit

This anime is my cup of tea. It reminds me of the atmosphere in Sister Princess ("WAFF"). Too bad there are demons(?) nearby.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, eroge, fantasy, romance, seinen