Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-20, 09:39   Link #281
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
For once I have to agree with you Haak.

@Johnny5: Actually, I don't care if you're staring down Madara, Naruto, a fluffy kitten, or the Queen of France. Konan's pose (accompanied with the rainbow) was absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, and nice coloring Frenchie.
The picture of Sasuke + his team+ a random hawk came to my mind, these pictures are supposed to be epic but sometimes this fails

But anyway we know what Kishimoto wanted to say about Konan with that picture, i appreciate the meaning of it and don't mind if Kishi sometimes fails to do it properly. It's much harder to show such meaning in one comic/manga page then in several sentences of one page of a book.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 09:47   Link #282
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
There is nothing wrong with your art. Besides everyone with common sense would give you a compliment on that but come on... the greatest terror is in front of you and she expects that Madara would stare at her rainbow?

That had to be the most ridiculous move ever.

[Konan - The mind]

Ughhh, i am dying...
I can't let it end this way...
Arghhhh take this....
~~~ Creates a rainbow ~~~
Ughhh, noo.. my neck! I can't breath
Huh?? He didn't flinch...
Ughhh, it's getting dark...
Can't believe i'll die as a virgin
~~~ Loses conscious ~~~
Konan's death parallels Jiraiya's death in a few ways. Jiraiya thought he had killed Pain only to have him appear right behind him when he let his guard down. Same thing happens to Konan againt Tobi. And both were grabbed by the neck and stabbed. And both fell in virtually the same location. And both chose to trust in Naruto with their dying wishes. I wouldn't be surprised if the parallelism continues and Konan manages to get a message out to the allied nations. Maybe the reason the rain stopped was so that Konan could dispatch one of her paper butterflies with info on what Tobi's goals and abilities are.
Old 2010-09-20, 12:23   Link #283
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

you guys know how rainbows appear correct? how is it so rediculous?
Old 2010-09-20, 13:55   Link #284
Jehuty

I still think that the rain stopping was pretty significant, for the two to go out of their way to notice it.

I wonder what this meant - it seems like it never happens - the only way it would was when Deva Pein stopped it so Konan could go scout and find Jiraiya.
Old 2010-09-20, 14:13   Link #285
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
There is nothing wrong with your art. Besides everyone with common sense would give you a compliment on that but come on... the greatest terror is in front of you and she expects that Madara would stare at her rainbow?

That had to be the most ridiculous move ever.
I hear Konan was a big fan of Ronnie James Dio at one time, blasting "Rainbow in the Dark" from the heights of Amegakure...

Allegedly, of course...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 18:10   Link #286
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It would be kinda hypocritical on Naruto's part if he decides Sasuke can be redeemed but Madara can't.
All reason is out the door when it comes to Naruto's love for Sasuke. Naruto believes Madara is responsible for messing with Sasuke's head. There is no chance for redemption for Madara after doing that. I also want to see Naruto forgive Madara after finding out he was responsible for his parents' deaths and ruining his life.

And even though it came before his enlightenment, Naruto never bothered to find out if Kakuzu had a sob story or tried to redeem him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
But anyway we know what Kishimoto wanted to say about Konan with that picture, i appreciate the meaning of it and don't mind if Kishi sometimes fails to do it properly. It's much harder to show such meaning in one comic/manga page then in several sentences of one page of a book.
I honesty believe Kishi draws many panels with the idea that it will translate better to the anime.

As silly as the Konan Rainbow Warrior panel was, it might convey Kishi's message better, and look a lot more impressive with movement and color. Or it might look even more ridiculous.
Old 2010-09-20, 18:55   Link #287
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think she was planning to destroy Nagato´s and the other one bodys so Madara would not get his hands on them but failed.
I don't think Konan has the sheer guts to do such a thing
Old 2010-09-20, 20:29   Link #288
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Guys, guys, guys... I think we all know that what Konan was making was the spirit bomb. The only difference was that Madara wasn't an idiot like Freeza and looked up. I know it's hard, but let's get over this.
Old 2010-09-20, 20:43   Link #289
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

lol konan is frieza. Uses frieza's destruto-disc
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 20:47   Link #290
Gin
*Artist

Madara is just lucky Konan was only half done casting her jutsu.
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-09-20, 20:52   Link #291
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Spoiler for :
Yea then Konan could have won with super rainbow
Old 2010-09-20, 20:53   Link #292
Gin
*Artist

Thats not a super rainbow, its a double rainbow. And it goes all the way across the sky.
Old 2010-09-20, 22:21   Link #293
james0246

^Madara was just lucky that Perez Hilton wasn't around to create his quadruple rainbow...

Spoilers were early last week, so here's hoping we'll get something by this time tomorrow.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 23:43   Link #294
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Thats not a super rainbow, its a double rainbow. And it goes all the way across the sky.
Oh, that had me laughing. Nice.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 23:47   Link #295
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Spoiler for :
Oh my God, it's a double rainbow! What does this mean?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 01:16   Link #296
Jarmel

Ok, I'm confused beyond all hell. Can somebody explain to me what just happened? The only thing I really picked up was that Nagato is related to Naruto which possibly means that Naruto can get the Rinnegan.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 02:06   Link #297
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

One question: Why does Nagato still have his rinnegan on? Shouldn't his eyes return back to normal after his death. Plus why did Konan left him lying there with open eyes? It looks crepy to see a dead guy with open eyes.
Old 2010-09-21, 02:31   Link #298
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Nagato's Rinnegan was permanent once he fully embraced it. All the times it was off he wasn't accepting it. Plus, Madara has a room full of Sharingan eyes that are still active despite not being in heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Ok, I'm confused beyond all hell. Can somebody explain to me what just happened? The only thing I really picked up was that Nagato is related to Naruto which possibly means that Naruto can get the Rinnegan.
*clears throat*

Madara somehow stole the First Hokage's Senju powers during their battle. That means he's just like the Sage o the Six Paths and can use Izanagi. Nagato was an Uzumaki (relative of Naruto one way or another, just depends on how distance) who Madara somehow granted Uchiha powers to, thereby making Nagato yet another Sage (only better because he had the eyes).
Old 2010-09-21, 09:59   Link #299
WizMaster

Hmmmm. Did I miss the "Reading Rainbow" joke?

The plot movement sucks and is starting to get convoluted as all hell but I never really cared about that. Frankly, I accepted the bad writing a long time ago and I just want it to finish at this point. Although some chapters are great, you mostly have to disengage your brain. Of course, it's that type of manga anyway.

I just hope "Madara" stays an evil bastard. This friendship no jutsu crap is irritating. Not everyone is redeemable dammit. Killing Konan (although off screen) was good for his character. I just hope Konana gets to send one last message to Naruto. If Kisame pulled the crap he did, Konan should be able to send a video diary with a message and her last moments recorded by some random subordinate and it should be 600,000,000,000 minutes long.
WizMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 11:43   Link #300
Arkard

I see where this is going. Sasuke + Izanagi + becoming a woman = Naruto's dream come true. Heck, with Naruto's shadow clone female transformation, they could take turns... Okay, I'll stop now.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion