Notices

Old 2004-10-21, 13:43   Link #21
Sunni

Gundam SEED DESTINY - Character and Mechanic Descriptions

Very good and intresting story..
Many new character are very good
Sting, Auel and Stella are awesome.
Chaos, Abyss and Gaia are the same good

Shinn looks like Kira very much............and I really really want to see Kira vs Shinn
Sunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 09:43   Link #22
FRiED

WOW Shinn eyes are cool
FRiED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 08:22   Link #23
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Disclaimer: I disavow responsibility for the name spellings and editing--just change anything that disturbs you on your personal copy .
*Actually, I'll just pull name spellings from Wikipedia because even guessing these names is becoming a headache. *

Thank you,

Runpsicat

Z.A.F.T. Characters

Z.A.F.T(.)
The name consists of the first letters of the English words for "Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty". Each of ZAFT's main bases is located in a PLANT, and it is a Coordinator-centric civilian military society that is in conflict idealogy- and interests-wise with the Natural-centric Earth Alliance.

Lunamaria Hawke
A Coordinator whose reddish hair is her hallmark feature, she is a crew member on the battleship Minerva along with her younger sister, Meyrin. While young, she is a bona fide ZAFT soldier and a skilled MS pilot as her red uniform--proof that she is an elite member of ZAFT forces--indicates.

Meyrin Hawke
A girl whose pigtails are her hallmark feature, she is a Z.A.F.T. soldier. As a crew member of the Z.A.F.T. battleship, Minerva, she is mainly responsible for MS controls. Lunamaria, who is likewise a Z.A.F.T. soldier as well as being an MS pilot, is her older sister.

Rey Za Burrel
One of the Minerva crew members. A handsome youth, he has striking, long blonde hair. Always calm and collected, as well as being a highly skilled pilot, he is an outstanding asset to the crew. He pilots the ZAKU Phantom, which is the commanding unit in the MS troops.

Talia Gladys
A capable female officer who was appointed Captain of the Minerva. Possessing ample decisiveness and courage (qualities attributed to those who are of the caliber to become captains), she exercises firm leadership over her crew members such as Lunamaria and Rey. Her short hairstyle gives her a determined air.

Sorry for the delay--I've been swamped lately. ^^ The English Wikipedia seems to contain similar information to these scanned pages, so I'm wondering if people don't necessarily want the translations anymore (in which case, I can always stop my snail's pace ).
Old 2004-12-10, 00:24   Link #24
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Meiling Hawke? Perhaps she's the sister of Lunamaria Hawke? (DURRRR)

I didn't know that..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 02:17   Link #25
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
Meiling Hawke? Perhaps she's the sister of Lunamaria Hawke? (DURRRR)

I didn't know that..
*Meyrin
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 14:14   Link #26
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

^

Yeah, but there's been some Chinese names in the Gundam series before. "Meyrin" doesn't exist as a common name, but there is such a thing as "Meiling" that is commonly used. I'm guessing that they couldn't spell the name out in Japanese since there's no "L"s in the Japanese lettering.

Or perhaps they were trying to spell out "Mareen"... Who knows?
Old 2004-12-10, 15:20   Link #27
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
^

Yeah, but there's been some Chinese names in the Gundam series before. "Meyrin" doesn't exist as a common name, but there is such a thing as "Meiling" that is commonly used. I'm guessing that they couldn't spell the name out in Japanese since there's no "L"s in the Japanese lettering.

Or perhaps they were trying to spell out "Mareen"... Who knows?
And Lunamaria is a common name?
Old 2004-12-11, 20:43   Link #28
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Dunno. Lunamaria does sound like a name since people do have "Luna" or "Maria" as their names.

Mey Rin? Though? Who knows? Maybe it's a combination of "May" and "Rin" or something.

I'm not pretending to know what the name really is. It's all speculation of course.

But still, I think the Yzak name could have eluded to the "Isaac" name. If the Japanese pronounce "Isaac" directly, it'd end up sounding exactly like "Yzak".
Old 2004-12-12, 06:11   Link #29
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Yzak is the space version of Isaac, just how Athrun's shades are space shades. Everything is cooler in space.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 14:10   Link #30
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Yzak is the space version of Isaac, just how Athrun's shades are space shades. Everything is cooler in space.
Except for Ssigh's jacket. He's still not cool.
Old 2004-12-12, 15:45   Link #31
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
Except for Ssigh's jacket. He's still not cool.
Cept now Andy seems to be shopping at the same store or he's raided Ssigh's closet...
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 18:33   Link #32
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

wonder what happened to Sai anyway, He obviously was reduced to being a background crew member at the end of SEED. Doesn't seem he has any role in Destiny tho maybe he'll have a cameo.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 01:12   Link #33
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
wonder what happened to Sai anyway, He obviously was reduced to being a background crew member at the end of SEED. Doesn't seem he has any role in Destiny tho maybe he'll have a cameo.
Lost love. Suicide. Nothing but a statistic now.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 12:50   Link #34
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Or maybe he quits starring in GSD and went to another animeStory that will put him in better pos
2Die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 12:50   Link #35
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Or maybe he quits starring in GSD and went to another anime Story that will put him in better pos
2Die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 14:10   Link #36
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
OMG i just found this thing on Wikipedia its a whole section on Gundam Seed and has all the weapons and explanation of everything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_Seed

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 19:00   Link #37
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
Well, considering that Sai and the rest of the Archangel crew could be seen as traitors to the Earth Federation, I bet they're hiding out in Orb or something.

That seemed to be the case when Minerva docked for repairs in Orb and some of the Archangel crew was seen again. I bet those few aren't the only returning Archangel crew.. Maybe Sai is with them.
Old 2004-12-26, 19:07   Link #38
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
If I recall correctly, most of the "kids" were citizens of Orb. I presume Sai returned to Orb and was reunited with his parents (if they didn't die in the EA invasion) after the ceasefire. He was shown in the short clip that Bandai released as sitting at a computer in civvies.

He was used pretty effectively in the Orb invasion arc as a foil to Kuzzey's less-than-brave stance. The latter was the only one to leave the Archangel and Sai told him to do what he wanted - saying not everyone is suited for war.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 20:23   Link #39
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
OMG i just found this thing on Wikipedia its a whole section on Gundam Seed and has all the weapons and explanation of everything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_Seed
Take it with a grain of salt. Wikiedia allows anyone to add and edit information on that site, so if you can't verify something with an official source [SEED and SEED Destiny site, Gundam Official, etc.] I wouldn't go around quoting it. Even I've written entries on wikipedia.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote