AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-13, 22:51   Link #401
FateAnomaly

Human mesmer here.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 05:37   Link #402
iceyfw

i'm personally torn between warrior, guardian, or elementist. /want aug 25th to come faster
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 07:45   Link #403
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Fyi, you can access all the skills except racial skills early by going into spvp which I believe is accessible right after you get out of tutorial zone (about 10 mins after character creation. Personally I m going with the engineer for my main after having a blast with it's flamethrower in WvW.
Old 2012-08-17, 23:05   Link #404
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

hmm...i finally decided to get Guild Wars 2. just bought the game and is installing the client
right now. i used to play 1 and i like it. 2 is looking pretty nice as well.

looking forward to this game on the 25th now. yay!
if i really like this game, i'll probably buy another copy for my little bro. so that we
can start playing together some. i'm gonna start a ranger first just like my other
character in Guild War 1.
Old 2012-08-20, 17:37   Link #405
Somnus
Eh?

It's release week, and there's zero activity in this thread. I'm very surprised.

So no one on AS is interested in GW2?
Old 2012-08-20, 18:47   Link #406
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ well, mostly everyone is just waiting on the 25th to play the game now.
what's there left to talk about?

person1: "hey hey, i'm like...so hype for the game!" ^^;
person2: "me too!"

THE END. and then there is silent.
Old 2012-08-20, 20:10   Link #407
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I decided, i will play human warrior....

Questions for those who tried the beta. Can you select option to "do not show the mask/helmet" in the game? And how long it take for you to teleport to another race world (if i and my friend play different race and i want to team up)
Old 2012-08-20, 21:51   Link #408
FateAnomaly

Most people goes to the fansites to talk about the game i think.

@risingstar
You can don't show helms as well as shoulders.

You can join up pretty up fast. After the tutorial, you will be send to Queensdale (human wise). You can then go to Divinity reach (human capital) and then from there to Lions Arch (Central city) At Lions Arch you can go to any of the starter cities.
Old 2012-08-21, 02:11   Link #409
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Do you need expensive transportation/teleportation fee for that?
Old 2012-08-21, 02:48   Link #410
FateAnomaly

Teleportation within a city via waypoints is free. Usage of Asura gates (Divinity reach to Lions Arch) is also free. Divinity reach is quite big though so you might get a bit lost. Head towards the center of the city. The Asura gate to LA is around the 4 o'clock position.
Old 2012-08-21, 05:03   Link #411
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Cool, ty

One more question. You knows all of the reward from quest/ dynamic events, drops. Are they race-based? Because human area probably will be really crowd at the start, so we were thinking about going to Silvian starting place or something. Is it a good idea?
Old 2012-08-21, 06:53   Link #412
FateAnomaly

Different mobs do drop different stuff and the mobs in the different starters are different. There is no inherent disadvantage of going to other race starter map. You would probably do all 5 of them anyway.

Quests in GW2 are the the heart events. They only give exp and gold, no loot. (Get the gold from your mailbox) These will provide the majority of the cash in the beginning.

Dynamic events give gold, karma and exp but also no loot. These will give you lots of exp and since DEs usually involve a lot of mobs, it also indirectly provide loot.

Completing 100% on a map (i.e. getting all hearts, point of interests, waypoints, vistas and skillpoints) give you gear appropriate to the map level (not necessarily useable by you), exp and some misc stuff.

There is also the story line quests that gives you gear and misc stuff.

My tips (follow at your own discretion)
1)If you are going exploring instead of following the storyline, i would suggest you find a merchant and buy those crude gathering tools as soon as you can afford them. (Its cheap) Even if you don't plan on crafting, you can still sell the mats and earn exp while gathering the stuff.

2)You can make those 8 slots bags quite easily. Each bag need 20 pieces of Jute/leather/copper crafted by tailor/leatherworker/armorsmith respectively. You have 4 bags slots unlocked at the beginning.

3)You can deposit all collectibles into the bank from anywhere in the world. (to free up space)
You can also access bank form any crafting stations.

Personally, my plan is get 100% completions on all the starters cities then move on the 100% on starters maps and so forth.
Old 2012-08-21, 09:47   Link #413
iceyfw

another stress test happening today 12pm - 4pm PST. about 4 hours from this post.
Old 2012-08-21, 16:16   Link #414
Irkalla
I asked for this

I'm also on the GW2 wagon, and can't wait to actually play it, especially since I'm totally new to it. I pre-ordered so I got none of the bonuses sans a 1 day head start, oh well. Too late to remedy that now.

Gonna roll a necromancer first; not sure of the race yet, tho.

What servers are you guys gonna play on? I assume most of you are going on NA servers?
Old 2012-08-21, 19:21   Link #415
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Different mobs do drop different stuff and the mobs in the different starters are different. There is no inherent disadvantage of going to other race starter map. You would probably do all 5 of them anyway.

Quests in GW2 are the the heart events. They only give exp and gold, no loot. (Get the gold from your mailbox) These will provide the majority of the cash in the beginning.

Dynamic events give gold, karma and exp but also no loot. These will give you lots of exp and since DEs usually involve a lot of mobs, it also indirectly provide loot.

Completing 100% on a map (i.e. getting all hearts, point of interests, waypoints, vistas and skillpoints) give you gear appropriate to the map level (not necessarily useable by you), exp and some misc stuff.

There is also the story line quests that gives you gear and misc stuff.

My tips (follow at your own discretion)
1)If you are going exploring instead of following the storyline, i would suggest you find a merchant and buy those crude gathering tools as soon as you can afford them. (Its cheap) Even if you don't plan on crafting, you can still sell the mats and earn exp while gathering the stuff.

2)You can make those 8 slots bags quite easily. Each bag need 20 pieces of Jute/leather/copper crafted by tailor/leatherworker/armorsmith respectively. You have 4 bags slots unlocked at the beginning.

3)You can deposit all collectibles into the bank from anywhere in the world. (to free up space)
You can also access bank form any crafting stations.

Personally, my plan is get 100% completions on all the starters cities then move on the 100% on starters maps and so forth.
Thank, keep the tips coming

I don't want to look into the game too much, as i don't want to be spoilt with the content yet. Haven't tried any of the beta, and does not plan to be really competitive into the top group as i'm (and will be) quite busy. So may as well enjoy the ride casually
Old 2012-08-21, 22:04   Link #416
Somnus
Eh?

I played GW2 for the first time today during the stress test. It was phenomenal.

Can't wait til the weekend.
Old 2012-08-21, 22:30   Link #417
FateAnomaly

I will be playing either on crystal desert or sea of sorrows. See how it goes.

Three more days to go.
Old 2012-08-21, 22:41   Link #418
iceyfw

i did some WvW pvp during the stress test and we got trolled.

"yo dawg we heard you like gates. we put a gate behind a gate so you can spam more buttons while spamming more buttons"

skip to 44:40. after all that time destroying 1 gate..
http://www.twitch.tv/docopfw/b/329443620
Old 2012-08-22, 02:57   Link #419
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Meh i'll be so busy on the release.... i couldn't play it.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 04:04   Link #420
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Meh i'll be so busy on the release.... i couldn't play it.
Same. It comes out the week college starts. Will be having class and about 35+ hours of work every week. Thankfully the head start will actually give me a "head start". I intend to have no social life and buy a ton of Rockstars for Saturday and Sunday. A shame I can't even make server open cuz I'll be at work that night but I should be on around 1am or so to play

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote